April 29, 2024, 08:55:39 PM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 97464 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
midnight....u wasting your breath finger tips on the ppl in this forum.......

so why den dont u address in some form or fashion d HATE vibe dat some gettin u is indian right it eh happen to u right, so who cares...right,  u feel people really willin to overlook bold face wrong doin jus so, come nah man
i is an indian cause i backing unc? u feel negros eh voting unc too....steups..

So tell me bout all the ppl who willing to overlook wrong doing from the 50 yrs of pnm nah? ent they overlooking it? ent? ent? who more bold face than the pnm and thier supporters who will always make excuse to vote them ?

come again breads....and stop pushing that race talk just like u leader......the majority of people who oppressing/killing/threating africans is not indians/chinese/syrians.

yeah so unc people doh make excuses, doh justify blindly, and not pushin no race talk, stating experiences right hear right now

directed at my mother "when we win ah spittin on d fuss nigger ah see"
directed at me "when we reach we go walk on alyuh"

tell mih, race talk I pushin ................please..................up until dat f**kin day alyuh had my vote lock up so stop yuh shit >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44:38 PM »
There are two parties going up for election.
One party has been in power for the last eight years~. And most if all would tend to agree that present course that nation has taken is not the right one.... and we must change. The second party going up for election formed the government for ~ 6 years prior before the current party came to power. Now this party had a checkered tenure in gov't and is accused of some underhand act ivies very similar to what the current govt is being accused off.
It is safe to say that both parties are less than desirable. However the party in opposition has elected a new leader and claims to be offering an avenue for change, yet their manifesto does not show how this change is going to come about.
So now comes the decision should I vote for the existing gov't,  some would call them lesser of two evils, even though I disagree with their policies, the same policies will continue if they are elected.  
Or should I vote for the party who has plans I know little off?  
Should we  tend to gravitate towards the opposition despite the unanswered questions on their policies.  Because we don't want 5 more years of the existing gov't and their policies.  Choose the promise of something different, a promise that may end up broken.
Is it possible to think of one’s  vote not as an endorsement for one,  but instead the disapproval of the other?

this post come like those shows on History channel about big foot....or UFOs......watch for a whole hour...real questions raised..but no answer in the end...an hour wasted.

LOL , next time change the channel to FOX.
Sammy I doh live home, so I cah vote. Just trying to raise some question for voters to think about yet remain politically neutral.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2010, 05:46:05 PM »

so why den dont u address in some form or fashion d HATE vibe dat some gettin u is indian right it eh happen to u right, so who cares...right,  u feel people really willin to overlook bold face wrong doin jus so, come nah man

So tell me bout all the ppl who willing to overlook wrong doing from the 50 yrs of pnm nah? ent they overlooking it? ent? ent? who more bold face than the pnm and thier supporters who will always make excuse to vote them ?

come again breads....and stop pushing that race talk just like u leader......the majority of people who oppressing/killing/threating africans is not indians/chinese/syrians.

yeah so unc people doh make excuses, doh justify blindly, and not pushin no race talk, stating experiences right hear right now

tell mih, race talk I pushin ................please..................up until dat f**kin day alyuh had my vote lock up so stop yuh shit >:(

thats unfortunate and it does happen from both sides - u feel indian doh face trouble from africans?? steups,

And for u to change your mind cause of a few imps? come on u eh fooling anyone but yourself.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »

Let me guess u live south of d Caroni?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2010, 05:54:43 PM »

thats unfortunate and it does happen from both sides - u feel indian doh face trouble from africans?? steups,

And for u to change your mind cause of a few imps? come on u eh fooling anyone but yourself.

when the hell did I say that indians doh get trouble from africans, and is not ah few imps, is ah shitload ah imps an when dey start and continue, and make dumb ass assertions simply because yuh black is pretty much d image dat enters my mind
I pity the fool....

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »

easy for u to dismiss it cuz it eh happenin to u. i gettin talks from indian who i eh know, an indians who i thought were friends. d only thing dey eh do is call me n****r to my face. for sure ah know dey sayin it behind my backs.

d politics doh have to reach dat racist levels. anddaiz d problem i havein wid plenty ppl. yuh could support yuh party widout being an asshole

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »

easy for u to dismiss it cuz it eh happenin to u. i gettin talks from indian who i eh know, an indians who i thought were friends. d only thing dey eh do is call me n****r to my face. for sure ah know dey sayin it behind my backs.

d politics doh have to reach dat racist levels. anddaiz d problem i havein wid plenty ppl. yuh could support yuh party widout being an asshole

dem doh want to hear dat gyal, it doh affect dem so to f**k wit it
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
*sigh*  aaaahhhh yeeessss.........here we are with less than 48 hours before the elections and the thread finally threatning to disintegrate into race.....the more things change, the more they stay the same.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »

who is "dem" ? u mean we indians? who pushing race talks now? u no better than the people who giving trouble.
Indians is dem and africans is we right?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
*sigh*  aaaahhhh yeeessss.........here we are with less than 48 hours before the elections and the thread finally threatning to disintegrate into race.....the more things change, the more they stay the same.....

nah man....we could stop that.... ppl just have to stop making it look like all indians picking on africans and making that a reason to vote pnm
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:08:06 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »

it may not happen to us, however what happens with the government affects us.

Unless u mother was abused by kamla herself, then u eh really have no excuse for changing u vote cause at the end of the day, pnm doing mess and we all have to suffer weather u is inidan or african if they get back into power
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »

Unless u mother was abused by kamla herself, then u eh really have no excuse for changing u vote cause at the end of the day, pnm doing mess and we all have to suffer weather u is inidan or african if they get back into power

Some how I neva hear bout anybody goin 2 a doubles vendor and eh pay and say is we time now. While in 1995 nuff maxi man complain bout peeps jumpin in maxi and say is we time now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »

Some how I neva hear bout anybody goin 2 a doubles vendor and eh pay and say is we time now. While in 1995 nuff maxi man complain bout peeps jumpin in maxi and say is we time now.

ok Weary we now getting down to the heart of your anti-UNC issues  :devil:..what other experiences from 1995 you have..lets spill it all out so we can help one another move forward for a better T&T

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »

Sammy,

Just a question, do you care to share some of your experiences about this suffering you are experiencing?

And I hope you don't think im being facetious, i just think of my own situation. Where i was 10 years ago and where i am now. I was never the recipient of any government handout other than the public utilities that everybody else gets. I went to school, i was able to graduate and acquire employment, i am trying to start my own business on the side. Everything aint perfect but at the same time i think of what i was able to achieve by my own valition and efforts and to ensure that i will not suffer myself in any undue way. If you presensent your case i will accept that. Please don't try to include other persons experiences in your case.

I want to know what are  your own sufferings.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »

Don't know about the doubles man, but in 2001 when I was studying abroad  oung lady said that she was going home after graduating now that UNC was not in power her job was assured.  Does that count????

It should not because everybody does not think that way,  and that Is what I choose to believe.  
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:32:29 PM by trinindian »

AirMan

« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »

Don't know about the doubles man, but in 2001 when I was studying abroad  young lady said that she was going home after graduating now that UNC was not in power she was assured to get a job.  Does that count????
It should not because everybody does not think that way,  and that Is what I choose to believe.  

oh so you and Weary had similar experiences..the only ting different is which party won an election from a different year..hmmm

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:13 PM »

what happens wit d govt affects everybody, and yes is not Kamla saying it,, and yes alot of shit going on wit d pnm gov't and let meh jus tell yuh someting dat same mother an' me been cussin back an' foward bout d shit d gov't doin because she is ah pnm-tid, but it bad sammy, and it doh give confidence to vote for people, whose support tellin yuh to yuh face, "we doh like yuh"...................how I ask u, do look past d general hateful sentiment especially when d opposite no way near dat nasty, eh, tell mih...................an for d last time, ah not preachin race, preachin race "to me" is "dey hair does be too f**kin oily" stating an untenable situation dat quickly treatening to become violent is treating wit facts not mere idle stereotyping.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:40:42 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »

ok Weary we now getting down to the heart of your anti-UNC issues  :devil:..what other experiences from 1995 you have..lets spill it all out so we can help one another move forward for a better T&T

Friend racism alive in central prior 2 1995 and will b present till Christ return my issues wit d UNC eh have nutten 2 do wit race. My biggest beef is d voter padding and d ghost gang dat grew under dem that have d crime rate where it is 2day. Is UNC dat had d late Bill Francis as a candidate.

AirMan

« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »

Friend racism alive in central prior 2 1995 and will b present till Christ return my issues wit d UNC eh have nutten 2 do wit race. My biggest beef is d voter padding and d ghost gang dat grew under dem that have d crime rate where it is 2day. Is UNC dat had d late Bill Francis as a candidate.

well you took your time to specifically mention 1995 after elections so was i wrong to assume your post was UNC related ??..and Correct me if i am wrong didnt voter padding started in the 1970's with Eric Williams and was continued with Panday in the 90's ??..

AirMan

« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »
..and since we on the topic of Voter Padding..
PNM OPENS MORE ARM TO MIGRANTS link..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161673956&weba=NWSBusiness

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »

what happens wit d govt affects everybody, and yes is not Kamla saying it,, and yes alot of shit going on wit d pnm gov't and let meh jus tell yuh someting dat same mother an' me been cussin back an' foward bout d shit d gov't doin because she is ah pnm-tid but it bad sammy, and it doh give confidence to vote for people, whose support tellin yuh to yuh face, we doh like yuh...................how I ask u, do look past d general hateful sentiment especially when d opposite no way near dat nasty eh tell mih...................an for d last time, ah not preachin race, preachin race "to me" is "dey hair does be too f**kin oily" stating an untenable situation dat quickly treatening to become violent is treating wit facts not mere idle stereotyping.

Lefty,  ah know it not easy,  but at the end of the day you have to realize that both parties will have die hard supporters that leave a lot to desire, but you are not voting for the supporters you voting for who you want to represent you in parliament.  Who is going to seek your interest?  Do you believe that is now the PNM because some UNC supporters hurled racial slurs at you?

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »

Don't know about the doubles man, but in 2001 when I was studying abroad  young lady said that she was going home after graduating now that UNC was not in power she was assured to get a job.  Does that count????

oh so you and Weary had similar experiences..the only ting different is which party won an election from a different year..hmmm

Yuh know  the strangest thing was that I did not remember that until just now  :angel:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
PNM OPENS MORE ARM TO MIGRANTS link..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161673956&weba=NWSBusiness

So migrants= automatic citizenship. It different from having UWI students registering dey address in Tpuna when is  d apartment dey livin during d semester so dey can vote in Tpuna.

AirMan

« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »

So migrants= automatic citizenship. It different from having UWI students registering dey address in Tpuna when is  d apartment dey livin during d semester so dey can vote in Tpuna.

good point but why did you fail to address my previous post about voter padding from since the 70's with Eric Williams ?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »

what happens wit d govt affects everybody, and yes is not Kamla saying it,, and yes alot of shit going on wit d pnm gov't and let meh jus tell yuh someting dat same mother an' me been cussin back an' foward bout d shit d gov't doin because she is ah pnm-tid, but it bad sammy, and it doh give confidence to vote for people, whose support tellin yuh to yuh face, "we doh like yuh"...................how I ask u, do look past d general hateful sentiment especially when d opposite no way near dat nasty, eh, tell mih...................an for d last time, ah not preachin race, preachin race "to me" is "dey hair does be too f**kin oily" stating an untenable situation dat quickly treatening to become violent is treating wit facts not mere idle stereotyping.

ok. i cant put myself in your shoes so i cant really know how u feel or how strongly it affects u and u must do what u must.  :beermug:

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made and i know it may be hard, but weather u vote for kamla or not is not going to change those people. However, how u vote will affect u and your family in a much bigger way than whats those fools say to u.
U say the government doing shit, but how will they know or change or care if they know ppl will always vote for them no matter what? And that is the mistake a lot of ppl are making in this thread. They say pnm is the lesser of the evils, but thats just...they will always be evil unless ppl show them.
People falling into the same trap over and over.
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »

what happens wit d govt affects everybody, and yes is not Kamla saying it,, and yes alot of shit going on wit d pnm gov't and let meh jus tell yuh someting dat same mother an' me been cussin back an' foward bout d shit d gov't doin because she is ah pnm-tid but it bad sammy, and it doh give confidence to vote for people, whose support tellin yuh to yuh face, we doh like yuh...................how I ask u, do look past d general hateful sentiment especially when d opposite no way near dat nasty eh tell mih...................an for d last time, ah not preachin race, preachin race "to me" is "dey hair does be too f**kin oily" stating an untenable situation dat quickly treatening to become violent is treating wit facts not mere idle stereotyping.

Lefty,  ah know it not easy,  but at the end of the day you have to realize that both parties will have die hard supporters that leave a lot to desire, but you are not voting for the supporters you voting for who you want to represent you in parliament.  Who is going to seek your interest?  Do you believe that is now the PNM because some UNC supporters hurled racial slurs at you?

wow...nice post..
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2010, 07:00:10 PM »

So migrants= automatic citizenship.
yes.
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »

good point but why did you fail to address my previous post about voter padding from since the 70's with Eric Williams ?

yes.

So who d chinese votin 4?

What voter padding. Voter padding is willfully registering 2 vote in a constituency when u doh live dey. When dat happen in d 70's. Explain it 2 me.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

yes.

pnm.  u eh know that?
(Muslim)

AirMan

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »

yes.

What voter padding. Voter padding is willfully registering 2 vote in a constituency when u doh live dey. When dat happen in d 70's. Explain it 2 me.

yeh stay there and pretend you dont know about al the Grenadians and Vincentians that were given citizenship in the 70's in respect to voter padding..Now i dont really care about what happened much in the past because I dwell more on the present and future.. but since you find it necessary to bring up voter padding from the past under UNC/panday and failed to mention the voter padding in the 70's leaves me to remind you...

1]; } ?>