March 29, 2024, 08:35:27 AM

Poll

Given the current state of Trinidad and Tobago, how and what will influence your decisions if you are given a chance to ink a finger?

PNM
25 (41%)
UNC
21 (34.4%)
COP
6 (9.8%)
NJAC
4 (6.6%)
Other
5 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?  (Read 96084 times)

truetrini

Re: If Elections called today... how will all yuh vote?
« Reply #630 on: May 25, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
The voting yesterday indicated that manning is hated and people wanted he gorn.  peopl, includign a PNMite like me felt that enough was enough and it was high time he rode out, as tings could NOT get any worse.

people have a right to feel that when things real bad they could get better.  Kamal represents hope, if she is successful is left to be seen, but HOPE is alive....look at the sheer numbers voting against teh PNM!

poor leadership, poor management and piss poor politics led the PNm to where they are now.

manning needs to ride out!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 25, 2010, 10:29:25 AM »
Congratulations Trinidad and Tobago.

The people wanted change and the people have spoken. And given the climate surrounding this entire elections, I'm also happy that it seems to have came off smoothly and without incident.

This was always a 'rock and a hard place' election. On the one hand you have a government failing its citizens in basic human necessities with an arrogant, borderline dictatorial leader consumed by power and now mired in serious implications of corruptions. The decision to call an early election itself was a tacit admission of failure and ineptitude.

On the other hand you have a hastily put together alliance that gives no confidence of staying together and provides no tangible solutions to the problems that face the society. Worst yet they bring more than their fair share of characters of questionable moral standing. The corruption that was significant of the party's previous tenure in government should also be fresh in memory.

But at the end of the day, a vote for the incumbent would have been a vote for the continued regression of this government and an endorsement for a leader that has simply lost the plot. And Trinidad and Tobago has decided not to have that.

Coming out of this election, as an optimist these are my hopes for the country:

- The crime situation is tackled head on by the new government. I seriously would like to see Jack take on the role of national security. He might be ah stinkin ole tief, but the f**ker is the hardest working person in government and he gets shit done!

- Government alliances with criminal elements managed through the URP and CEPEP are broken.

- The new government addresses the wanton spending on non-necessities by the prior administration and starts addressing the basic necessities like health care.

- The PNM uses this loss to re-organize itself, get its act together, get some fresh blood and become a stronger party that will be a real option for good governance in the next election.

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

These are just some things I hope for, like i said as an optimist. Lewwe see wha number play.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #632 on: May 25, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »

The people wanted change and the people have spoken. And given the climate surrounding this entire elections, I'm also happy that it seems to have came off smoothly and without incident.

This was always a 'rock and a hard place' election. On the one hand you have a government failing its citizens in basic human necessities with an arrogant, borderline dictatorial leader consumed by power and now mired in serious implications of corruptions. The decision to call an early election itself was a tacit admission of failure and ineptitude.

On the other hand you have a hastily put together alliance that gives no confidence of staying together and provides no tangible solutions to the problems that face the society. Worst yet they bring more than their fair share of characters of questionable moral standing. The corruption that was significant of the party's previous tenure in government should also be fresh in memory.

But at the end of the day, a vote for the incumbent would have been a vote for the continued regression of this government and an endorsement for a leader that has simply lost the plot. And Trinidad and Tobago has decided not to have that.

- The crime situation is tackled head on by the new government. I seriously would like to see Jack take on the role of national security. He might be ah stinkin ole tief, but the f**ker is the hardest working person in government and he gets shit done!

- Government alliances with criminal elements managed through the URP and CEPEP are broken.

- The new government addresses the wanton spending on non-necessities by the prior administration and starts addressing the basic necessities like health care.

- The PNM uses this loss to re-organize itself, get its act together, get some fresh blood and become a stronger party that will be a real option for good governance in the next election.

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

These are just some things I hope for, like i said as an optimist. Lewwe see wha number play.

2 terms max will be the legilslation, improved health care and education programs. the sports ministry will flourish and the pnm needs to re-group, the people have lost trust in them and it will take more than rowley to bring them back, kamla will be there for 2 terms, the coalition will not break.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #633 on: May 25, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
A host on  talk city radio said  that they spoke to Panday today.
Host Q : what you think about UNC in this new government.

Panday  replid: " I don't have a problem with UNC in power but i have a problem with Jack"
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:42:13 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

AirMan

« Reply #634 on: May 25, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
A host on  talk city radio said  that they spoke to Panday today his reply was " I don't have a problem with UNC in power but i have a problem with Jack"

LOL and this a surprise to you ?..Panday have been saying that months now..allyuh fellas is jones oui  :D

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 25, 2010, 11:48:30 AM »
To hell in a handbasket we go.

NAH MAN MANNING D CAUSE OF ALL ILLS HAVE GONEEEEEEEEEEEEE

stop it, Manning called the elections like a mad man, but in fairness his government was collapsing.

he bought this shit upon the PNM,  It is his fault, he allowwed our treasury to be raped by Hart etc.

It IS  his FAULT

Where I say it eh he fault but d problems in this country will not all dissapear wit Patrick. D votin yday indicated dat get rid ah Manning and all will b swell.

so dey shoulda print de ballot to say "Get rid of all de problems" instead of de candidate name.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 25, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
A host on  talk city radio said  that they spoke to Panday today his reply was " I don't have a problem with UNC in power but i have a problem with Jack"

LOL and this a surprise to you ?..Panday have been saying that months now..allyuh fellas is jones oui  :D

:o LOL at you too!!  is a talk show host who ask the question.read again  

AirMan

« Reply #637 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »

meh boy dont get emotional.. :D  I am just telling you de man has been saying dont want Jack as part of the UN months now both men have filed charges against each other in the past..that host must of thought Panday had changed his mnd since election results..

AirMan

« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2010, 11:56:34 AM »
HA Martin Joseph gone!!!

what seat was he representing ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

Panday  replid: " I don't have a problem with UNC in power but i have a problem with Jack"

Oh please.... ::) ::) 

When Jack was funding the UNC campaign in 2007, bailing out Oma and funding he trip to Germany for the World Cup in '06 he didn't have a problem then.  Steups!!....is because of Panday we are saddled with Jack in Gov't.  Let Pandy throw he frame!!!.....why they still interviewing him is beyond me....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 25, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

meh boy dont get emotional.. :D  I am just telling you de man has been saying dont want Jack as part of the UN months now both men have filed charges against each other in the past..that host must of thought Panday had changed his mnd since election results..

Lets move forward hope for a better T&T. Kamla have plenty wuk to put down I wish her well.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 25, 2010, 12:48:17 PM »

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

Good post Dinho, the characters of questionable moral content on this elected platform worries me, but as you said, riock and hard place
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 25, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »

When Jack was funding the UNC campaign in 2007, bailing out Oma and funding he trip to Germany for the World Cup in '06 he didn't have a problem then.  Steups!!....is because of Panday we are saddled with Jack in Gov't.  Let Pandy throw he frame!!!.....why they still interviewing him is beyond me....

Damn good question. The answer is because his walk in the wilderness is not permanent. I'm not suggesting he'll hold elective office again, but last night's overtures to him already point to paving the way for reconciliation. It's one thing to alienate a primary actor when there is tension within opposition ranks. Upon attaining office, the equation changes. Watch for a resurrection in Mikela's interest.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #643 on: May 25, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

The one good thing that can be said is that the media and th epublic starting from a position of distrust and vigilance. Not just because of the current characters but the past history of the UNC with Carlos and Ish.

you woul dhope that Jack and company will not get as long a leash as Calder Hart (and by extension Manning). The only thing they can't stop is the "legal" corruption, the open nepotism and self serving award of non-tender business to friends and family. Jack master that with FIFA and the TTFF.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 25, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »

Damn good question. The answer is because his walk in the wilderness is not permanent. I'm not suggesting he'll hold elective office again, but last night's overtures to him already point to paving the way for reconciliation. It's one thing to alienate a primary actor when there is tension within opposition ranks. Upon attaining office, the equation changes. Watch for a resurrection in Mikela's interest.

I personally don't have a problem with bringing Mikela in via the Senate or in some similar capacity.  Actually, I think she should have been allowed to fight her seat.....Panday on the other hand is a no, no......Kamla better doh play up nah.....let Panday stay where he is.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

The one good thing that can be said is that the media and th epublic starting from a position of distrust and vigilance. Not just because of the current characters but the past history of the UNC with Carlos and Ish.

you woul dhope that Jack and company will not get as long a leash as Calder Hart (and by extension Manning). The only thing they can't stop is the "legal" corruption, the open nepotism and self serving award of non-tender business to friends and family. Jack master that with FIFA and the TTFF.

- Term limits

- Societal integration.

WE LIVE IN HOPE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »

...dont think most people will have a problem if Mickela Panday was to return as a senator or in some form of future local government..I dont like Basdeo Panday but I cannot hold his children or even his future grandchildren at hostage for his corrupt ways ..
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:24:01 PM by AirMan »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2010, 01:40:49 PM »

...dont think most people will have a problem if Mickela Panday was to return as a senator or in some form of future local government..I dont like Basdeo Panday but I cannot hold his children or even his future grandchildren at hostage for his corrupt ways ..

whatt happened to Imix bway???

AirMan

« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2010, 01:42:48 PM »

I dunno nah Olokun..all the PNMites mash up the site since election results

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »

I dunno nah Olokun..all the PNMites mash up the site since election results
and to add the traffic to see updates from the massacre in Jamaica

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
One sure way for Kamla to screw up an loose all the good will she currently has, would be to appoint basdeo as a senator.

AirMan

« Reply #651 on: May 25, 2010, 02:13:28 PM »
One sure way for Kamla to screw up an loose all the good will she currently has, would be to appoint basdeo as a senator.

seriously no amount of alcohol she can consume that will make her do something like that ..Warner and Dookeran dont get along with Panday at all, so she woud be mashing up her own coalition..steupse..I woud not even entertain that thought..how did that even became a topic in here  :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 25, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »

On the other hand you have...
..."an arrogant, borderline dictatorial leader consumed by power and now mired in serious implications of corruptions."

Oh wait... that kinda redundant.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 14, 2014, 02:30:25 AM »
Ah go take ah run off - ah voting for integrity ethical practice moral fortitude - upright citizens with proven competences- a party that reflects the plurals tic multi ethnic representation ; representatives who can effect change in social medical political and economic opportunities for all peoples.
A party who believes in that'd every creed and race have an equal place in our society; a party that would stamp out gang warfare and be hard on criminals- yes and before ah vote ah want to hear of concrete plans  that candidates have  for potential portfolios which they may qualify for. Ah voting for string decisive well informed leadership. One who could discern and one who could select ministers who are competent to run a ministry.
Yes ah voting for these principles - ah looking for a party with principles not propaganda and baseless rhetoric- I heard too much of that in the last victory speech. Baseless promises about unity that never came to fruition. Don't want to experience that disappointment in an election again.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 14, 2014, 07:00:39 AM »
AB.Trini, your choice is limited! Is either/or!!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 14, 2014, 12:23:39 PM »
A new party was formed out of the belly of the PMN yesterday... I think it was the PDA.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>