April 28, 2024, 11:58:31 AM

Author Topic: FIFA dress code rules Iran's girls out of Olympics  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA dress code rules Iran's girls out of Olympics
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
I hate to say it but I agree with FIFA on this
Law 4 states that “basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.

“The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organizer or by FIFA.”

if they allow the Hijab where does it stop ? does that mean then that Christians can wear chains with crosses on them ? then what happens if a player wants to play in a full face veil ?

Which part of a hijab contains a religous statement?
The hijab does NOT break that rule.

Good point.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 03:18:52 PM »
I agree with Fifa, you want to show your religion.. go to the mosque~! or stay home, dont play football .. go pray. sry i'm retarded like that lol

Besides if they are true soccer players football should be thier religion.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

Toppa,
          If you wearing a hijab more than likely most non-muslims will believe that you take your religion seriously and that it comes first. Most of them will not think you are a radical but they will assume(right or wrong that Islam is primary). It is like some Jews or 7th Day Adventists who don't work or play on the Sabbath. But there are some who work and play on the Sabbath and appear to be just as religious.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:49:18 PM by Deeks »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
A Hijab is a personal choice, no where does the Koran say they one must be worn. It just talks about dressing modestly so not sure how you can wear shorts and t shirt but must wear a Hijab
And no one has said where the line would be drawn......so would a full face veil be acceptable ?

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze
and guard their modesty. And say to the believing women
that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty;
that they should not display their beauty and adornments
except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they
should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display
their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers...(a list
of exceptions)"(Quran 24:31).

you right in a sense...but it never ceases to amaze me how some people does consider themselves good people and never miss a chance to fight down somebody else trying to the best of their understanding do God's will.  God will love you more for fighting them down.

anyway, I sure the girls will accept that football is not the most important thing in the world.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »

Toppa,
          If you wearing a hijab more than likely most non-muslims will believe that you take your religion seriously and that it comes first. Most of them will not think you are a radical but they will assume(right or wrong that Islam is primary). It is like some Jews or 7th Day Adventists who don't work or play on the Sabbath. But there are some who work and play on the Sabbath and appear to be just as religious.

And what???
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 05:53:17 AM »
Well I dont see any non muslims wearing it ?

Then I guess Jews can wear skull caps ?

where does it stop ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 08:57:42 AM »

where does it stop ?

You cannot wear ah Hijab but you can wear these  vvvvv

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »

where does it stop ?

You cannot wear ah Hijab but you can wear these  vvvvv

Off course you can have a cross PRINTED on the jersey, just like Turkey has on occasion use jerseys with the Star and Crescent and Israel with the Star of David. Morocco has a star on their jesey but I don't know what it signifies. Cruz Azul has a blue cross on their jersey. Where will it stop????

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 02:31:23 PM »
Toppa,
           Beer is beverage and is legal is most non-Muslim countries. Gambling, which includes horse racing, camel racing, dog racing and falcon racing, is legal in almost every country where those forms of gambling exist.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:54:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »
dont be on inter.. use another team to demonstrate this bs nonesense that this is.

That is an old inter away shirt. The new replica dont have the cross on it. All those shirts you posted are CLUBS not INternational teams retardo.. jeezz when have you seen an international team sporting the sponsors at a major fifa tourny? NEVER.

As a professional footballer you have to decide for yourself which comes first, the game or your religion, they made thier choice. It is clear the rules, not like they going to win anything anyways might as well stick to thier religion and save themselves for thier husbands like the guys said above.

See you are bringing islamic views into football THAT we dont CARE about, WHO CARES? This is football the only thing that matters is who wins.

Lets say they wear whatever on thier heads and someone on the other team fouls them and it comes off.. what then? we have another war for football? might as well leave them with thier religion and continue to play ther beautful game

I was soo going to ignore this retarded stuff but you have to bring  inter into the picture.. My heart is black and blue..

You know its not like Fifa implemented these rules to sabotage muslims, it is a dress code for crying out loud, leave that stuff at home or when you go to mosque or w/e. Wearing stuff to cover your hair and face you need permission to do that, how can we idenitfy who is on the pitch ? ask them to remove thier head top?

you right in a sense...but it never ceases to amaze me how some people does consider themselves good people and never miss a chance to fight down somebody else trying to the best of their understanding do God's will.  God will love you more for fighting them down.

anyway, I sure the girls will accept that football is not the most important thing in the world
what the hell does this have to do with the price of coffee in china?

yYou would think wearing shorts would be the main issue here not a hijab, everyone is wrong and fifa should modify the rules to give muslims and extra advantage of shading thier heads forom the sun.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:46:18 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:56 PM »
wow have anyone else have tried to edit thier post and the box dont move with the cursor? very annoying, fix please :/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
The letter of the rule and the spirit of the rule are at variance. It's a shame the ladies can't take to the field.

I imagine if any of us were faced with this situation, in any tournament we organized or were involved in, we would let the ball roll. That would promote the game being the winner. Not sure that this outcome assists that.

Years ago, I played against some fundamentalist youths who were dressed from head to toe ... never occurred to anyone at that event to deprive them of the opportunity to play.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:52:56 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »

I personally have no objection to their kit

I hate to say it but I agree with FIFA on this
Law 4 states that “basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.

“The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organizer or by FIFA.”

if they allow the Hijab where does it stop ? does that mean then that Christians can wear chains with crosses on them ? then what happens if a player wants to play in a full face veil ?

Article 3 ("Non-discrimination and stance against racism") in the general provisions states: " Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or groups of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punisha...ble by suspension or expulsion."

FIFA should practise what they preach. They'e effectively told Muslim women that they won't be allowed to participate in FIFA competitions. Imagine after all their hard work, they were kicked out because they were Muslims.
FIFA FIFA FIFA allya ent easy atall
let the women Play
or SUSPEND or EXPEL all of allya self
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:11:15 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
If I had my way I will let them play also. But you know fifa and they rules.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 08:20:55 PM »
dont be on inter.. use another team to demonstrate this bs nonesense that this is.

That is an old inter away shirt. The new replica dont have the cross on it. All those shirts you posted are CLUBS not INternational teams retardo.. jeezz when have you seen an international team sporting the sponsors at a major fifa tourny? NEVER.

As a professional footballer you have to decide for yourself which comes first, the game or your religion, they made thier choice. It is clear the rules, not like they going to win anything anyways might as well stick to thier religion and save themselves for thier husbands like the guys said above.

See you are bringing islamic views into football THAT we dont CARE about, WHO CARES? This is football the only thing that matters is who wins.

Lets say they wear whatever on thier heads and someone on the other team fouls them and it comes off.. what then? we have another war for football? might as well leave them with thier religion and continue to play ther beautful game

I was soo going to ignore this retarded stuff but you have to bring  inter into the picture.. My heart is black and blue..

You know its not like Fifa implemented these rules to sabotage muslims, it is a dress code for crying out loud, leave that stuff at home or when you go to mosque or w/e. Wearing stuff to cover your hair and face you need permission to do that, how can we idenitfy who is on the pitch ? ask them to remove thier head top?

anyway, I sure the girls will accept that football is not the most important thing in the world
what the hell does this have to do with the price of coffee in china?

yYou would think wearing shorts would be the main issue here not a hijab, everyone is wrong and fifa should modify the rules to give muslims and extra advantage of shading thier heads forom the sun.

So FIFA have no say in Club football? Is that what you saying?

http://cspinet.org/new/200606221.html

Shotta give me a f@#king break with yuh nonsense

That bolded part is the heights of ignorance.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>