March 28, 2024, 12:34:03 PM

Author Topic: FIFA dress code rules Iran's girls out of Olympics  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA dress code rules Iran's girls out of Olympics
« on: April 05, 2010, 02:16:25 PM »
FIFA dress code rules Iran’s girls out of Olympics

Iran's girls football team has been kicked out of the Youth Olympic Games because FIFA rules prevent players wearing an Islamic head scarf.

Thailand was nominated on Monday to replace the barred Iranians, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) said on its Web site.

"FIFA decreed that the wearing of Islamic hijab was not in accordance with the laws of the game," the Asian governing body said in a statement.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA dress code rules Iran's girls out of Olympics
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:30 AM »

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »
this is some BS if it match the uniform it should not matter let the dammm girls play, :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:40:42 AM by rico1981 »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
I eh go lie, dey looking like some kinda Muslim Ninja on dat field.

Personally I have no problem with it.
Maybe FIFA fraid that if they allow it they might set a precedent for other religious folks.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:06:43 PM »
FIFA ban sleeveless jerseys and all in one uniform used by Cameroon in previous ANC competitions. peronally, I have no issue with that. But I can't see how they could play in midday heat or in a heavy downpour. But FIFA are setting a precedent. I wish they set a precedent with them coloured boots. I hate them.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
Seems very unfair to me. For many Muslim women being without a hijab in public is like being naked. Anyway...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »
This is F@#King  :bs:    The women and them have to fight in they country for eqaul opportunity, when they do get a chance to show what they can do the rest of the world - who supposed to be free and equal - fighting them down. This is high class  :bs:  There is no way FIFA or anyone can rationalize this.

Let the women play, what does it matter that they wearing head dressing. All them macco mere man and them at Real Madrid wearing hair band and no problem.
This real got me POed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
If they don't like the ruling they could pull out of FIFA. Because I know FIFA ain't changing.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
fair play?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
Why the hell the rest of the teams say they not playing until FIFA let them the women play with their head dress? How about standing up for something? Thailand should not accept the replacement nomination.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
lets be honest most people associates hijab with islamic "terrorism". They don't want be reminded of that. It is unfortunate but that is just they way they feel. Thailand will not turn down the invitation. They are Buddhist. Them and Islam don't see eye to eye either. Especially after the taliban blew up some buddhist statues a couple years.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 11:35:29 PM »
Is not Sepp himself say ,women uniforms should be sexier to rise interest in the game ? ......well that eint sexy to Sepp I guess .

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
This is F@#King  :bs:    The women and them have to fight in they country for eqaul opportunity, when they do get a chance to show what they can do the rest of the world - who supposed to be free and equal - fighting them down. This is high class  :bs:  There is no way FIFA or anyone can rationalize this.

Let the women play, what does it matter that they wearing head dressing. All them macco mere man and them at Real Madrid wearing hair band and no problem. This real got me POed.

Watch it...but I agree with you wholeheartedly about everything else. And do they fine Kaka when he shows his 'I belong to Jesus' tshirt when he scores? Isn't that also a religious reference?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 05:53:41 AM »
I hate to say it but I agree with FIFA on this
Law 4 states that “basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.

“The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organizer or by FIFA.”

if they allow the Hijab where does it stop ? does that mean then that Christians can wear chains with crosses on them ? then what happens if a player wants to play in a full face veil ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »
Law 4 states that “basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements.

“The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organizer or by FIFA.”

if they allow the Hijab where does it stop ? does that mean then that Christians can wear chains with crosses on them ? then what happens if a player wants to play in a full face veil ?

Article 3 ("Non-discrimination and stance against racism") in the general provisions states: " Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or groups of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punisha...ble by suspension or expulsion."

FIFA should practise what they preach. They'e effectively told Muslim women that they won't be allowed to participate in FIFA competitions. Imagine after all their hard work, they were kicked out because they were Muslims.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

Article 3 ("Non-discrimination and stance against racism") in the general provisions states: " Discrimination of any kind against a country, private person or groups of people on account of ethnic origin, gender, language, religion, politics or any other reason is strictly prohibited and punisha...ble by suspension or expulsion."

FIFA should practise what they preach. They'e effectively told Muslim women that they won't be allowed to participate in FIFA competitions. Imagine after all their hard work, they were kicked out because they were Muslims.

Buh Toppa deh eh discriminating, they say the unform violates the rules which it clearly does.  I don't like it but it is the rules.  I personally wish they were allowed to play. 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »

Buh Toppa deh eh discriminating, they say the unform violates the rules which it clearly does.  I don't like it but it is the rules.  I personally wish they were allowed to play. 

Well they obviously need to change that rule because they've just marginalised millions of women around the world.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:36:55 AM »
Buh Toppa deh eh discriminating, they say the unform violates the rules which it clearly does. 

Exactly.

And it's not like FIFA is only singling out Muslims. Don't forget that they warned Brazil after their Confederations Cup victory last summer that they don't want to see another excessive religious celebration:

'Keep God out of football' - Fifa tells Brazil's soccer superstars

- Xavi

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:57:45 AM »
Is not Sepp himself say ,women uniforms should be sexier to rise interest in the game ? ......well that eint sexy to Sepp I guess .

ha ha - was thinking just that. ent blatter wanted shorter shorts for the women's game to improve tv ratings?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
I agree with Fifa on this, I think it can be dangerous too, imagine playing against a female Crouch who like to pull anything that dangling in front them.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »
The US Army just lifted a ban on turbans for sikhs.

Any sikh football players that can't play in FIFA endorsed competitions?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:17:08 AM by E-man »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
Actually there are some exceptions. Swiss, Norway and some other countries have a cross on their flags and sometimes on their jerseys. Turkey, Saudi and some Arab counties have the star and crescent on their flags and sometimes on their jerseys. FIFA don't tell them to cover it up.

Look, If the idea of the hijab is to prevent men from lusting then they in the wrong sport or from another planet. That is part of man's nature. Men are born natural lusters. It have men who does lust after Miss Piggy.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
Actually there are some exceptions. Swiss, Norway and some other countries have a cross on their flags and sometimes on their jerseys. Turkey, Saudi and some Arab counties have the star and crescent on their flags and sometimes on their jerseys. FIFA don't tell them to cover it up.

Look, If the idea of the hijab is to prevent men from lusting then they in the wrong sport or from another planet. That is part of man's nature. Men are born natural lusters. It have men who does lust after Miss Piggy.

What?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 05:15:10 PM »
Toppa,
           That is part of man's nature. Men are born natural lusters. It have men who does lust after Miss Piggy.

I was trying to be funny!!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »
This could never be right. Wearing a chain and a hijab is 2 different things. The biggest concern will be health (heat vs cold) and I sure they could get ah under amour head dress.

Let the women play.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
A Hijab is a personal choice, no where does the Koran say they one must be worn. It just talks about dressing modestly so not sure how you can wear shorts and t shirt but must wear a Hijab
And no one has said where the line would be drawn......so would a full face veil be acceptable ?
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »
Toppa,
           That is part of man's nature. Men are born natural lusters. It have men who does lust after Miss Piggy.

I was trying to be funny!!!!

[/quote   Miss piggy the way i like her with a side of eggs

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
This could never be right. Wearing a chain and a hijab is 2 different things. The biggest concern will be health (heat vs cold) and I sure they could get ah under amour head dress.

Let the women play.

Elan, no one is stopping them from playing, they just want them to confirm to the Uniform rules...I mean I have know problem with them playing with their head gear..but it does not conform to the rules than so be it.

You remember Cech had to get permission to wear his protective head piece after his head injury? so is not only about the muslims.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 01:11:36 PM »
low de gal dem  nuh man
reggie

Black Lives Matter..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »

Which part of a hijab contains a religous statement?
The hijab does NOT break that rule.

1]; } ?>