June 16, 2024, 02:11:28 AM

Author Topic: El Clásico • Madrid CF v FC Barcelona • 10 April 10  (Read 13494 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: El Clásico • Madrid CF v FC Barcelona • 10 April 10
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 07:35:49 PM »
Every time I see Madrid play I am more convinced that Ronaldo dose not belong on that team. For that matter neither does Kaka , except I think he can adapt to different styles and might still be useful. Ronaldo however is yet to mature as a player ...he can get better if he would just let others play too !

I really see no comparison with him and Messi, Xavi, Higuain, Alves, and a host of other players who have long since realised that football is a team game and while a forward is granted some leeway, there are just so many times you will receive support if you refuse to see teammates in open positions.

Today Messi showed the great Chasm that exists between him and Ronaldo ...while he was patient to play himself in to the game, Ronaldo frustrated himself and his teammates by showing his unwillingness to bring others into the game. It really looks like Ronaldo plays for Ronaldo ...if the team wins great ..but if Ronaldo scores that is better.

Today Barcelona showed they have a team ...Real Madrid however showed that they are still looking ...

The big price tag on some players has not produced the expected results ...it is like when you bring een an imported dog for a show and a locally bred dog beat him .... that is  not easy especially when everyone and his dog knows what you paid for yours!

Real Madrid might well be advised to spend some of their money on developing young players like Barca has done rather than throwing big money behind players expected to bring instant success.

Benzema is like a lost puppy , and Ronaldo is like a handicap because when the ball gets to him the individual begins and the team fluidity ends. If he succeeds the team is happy but if he fails ..all seems lost ...and he has failed many times in the last games.

You wonder who makes the football decisions along with the President of the club or is it that he alone makes decisions like the one to sell Inter one of the best midfielders in Europe and now have to watch him lead his team where they cannot go. In the past Madrid used to have their home grown players and these players have brought them their greatest successes. Sadly 250 million euros later they are out of the Champions League, the Kings Cup and some would say ..the league title as well. Now the policy is to loan out their young talent and import the finished product ....

As long as club presidents buy players and do not allow coaches freedom in this area....Ronaldo will limp on in a game while  expensive  fit replacements look on from  the bench ..and no one can dare to sub him.

Pellegrini might have lost his job today as he will be blamed for this season's failure which is a shame , but if he goes some other team will surely grab him up.

Barcelona bought players to fit in to their team Real bought players to make a team .. I even heard Real is lining up ..Ribiery ....to play where ? They have no wingers on either side, playing Ronaldo as forward and that is probably because he will not cross the ball but dribble in, and Marcelo is often at left back.

Madrid lacks balance therefore quite content to play Raul, Benzema and Ronaldo at the same time ...all of them will be challenging each other as their styles are similar they are all  finishers. So it is left to see Madrid's next move but I suspect sweeping changes as it will not sit right to watch your sporting enemy win the world's major trophy ..in your stadium with you having to sit and watch from the sidelines.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »
Every time I see Madrid play I am more convinced that Ronaldo dose not belong on that team. For that matter neither does Kaka , except I think he can adapt to different styles and might still be useful. Ronaldo however is yet to mature as a player ...he can get better if he would just let others play too !

I really see no comparison with him and Messi, Xavi, Higuain, Alves, and a host of other players who have long since realised that football is a team game and while a forward is granted some leeway, there are just so many times you will receive support if you refuse to see teammates in open positions.

Today Messi showed the great Chasm that exists between him and Ronaldo ...while he was patient to play himself in to the game, Ronaldo frustrated himself and his teammates by showing his unwillingness to bring others into the game. It really looks like Ronaldo plays for Ronaldo ...if the team wins great ..but if Ronaldo scores that is better.

Today Barcelona showed they have a team ...Real Madrid however showed that they are still looking ...

The big price tag on some players has not produced the expected results ...it is like when you bring een an imported dog for a show and a locally bred dog beat him .... that is  not easy especially when everyone and his dog knows what you paid for yours!

Real Madrid might well be advised to spend some of their money on developing young players like Barca has done rather than throwing big money behind players expected to bring instant success.

Benzema is like a lost puppy , and Ronaldo is like a handicap because when the ball gets to him the individual begins and the team fluidity ends. If he succeeds the team is happy but if he fails ..all seems lost ...and he has failed many times in the last games.

You wonder who makes the football decisions along with the President of the club or is it that he alone makes decisions like the one to sell Inter one of the best midfielders in Europe and now have to watch him lead his team where they cannot go. In the past Madrid used to have their home grown players and these players have brought them their greatest successes. Sadly 250 million euros later they are out of the Champions League, the Kings Cup and some would say ..the league title as well. Now the policy is to loan out their young talent and import the finished product ....

As long as club presidents buy players and do not allow coaches freedom in this area....Ronaldo will limp on in a game while  expensive  fit replacements look on from  the bench ..and no one can dare to sub him.

Pellegrini might have lost his job today as he will be blamed for this season's failure which is a shame , but if he goes some other team will surely grab him up.

Barcelona bought players to fit in to their team Real bought players to make a team .. I even heard Real is lining up ..Ribiery ....to play where ? They have no wingers on either side, playing Ronaldo as forward and that is probably because he will not cross the ball but dribble in, and Marcelo is often at left back.

Madrid lacks balance therefore quite content to play Raul, Benzema and Ronaldo at the same time ...all of them will be challenging each other as their styles are similar they are all  finishers. So it is left to see Madrid's next move but I suspect sweeping changes as it will not sit right to watch your sporting enemy win the world's major trophy ..in your stadium with you having to sit and watch from the sidelines.

Nice read! Well said!  :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
ronaldo should of picked a better club, or stay put
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 08:45:50 PM »
Your speculation is flawed because you are partial towards messi maybe not even Barca.

This. Coaches influences is key for key figures, you are quick to blame the hand instead of the mind.
Looking for a new head coach. The current head coach makes Real look like Man City.

The big price tag on some players has not produced the expected results ...it is like when you bring een an imported dog for a show and a locally bred dog beat him .... that is  not easy especially when everyone and his dog knows what you paid for yours!

I will be sure to send animal control to your home :/
Real problems are much bigger at the moment.

Benzema is like a lost puppy
One puppy that will be a Legend at United.

You wonder who makes the football decisions along with the President of the club or is it that he alone makes decisions like the one to sell Inter one of the best midfielders in Europe and now have to watch him lead his team where they cannot go.
The current head coach have much to blame for his selection and preference also dictatorship maybe the main issue at Real similar to that of Chelsea and if I dare, Man City xD

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: maybe in Argentina, he might know his own people better.
Meh, the Real issue was the accommodation of wesley opted for van de fart and robben for wonderkid cr9.

If Madrid had a better coach the result today would be much different.

In light of what I wrote, sorry for you been the scapegoat lol it was fun taking you apart with your limited soccer knowledge, it was a joy to read your views and analysis, no flame intended.
Glad Wesley is under Jose, they will do great things at inter.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »

In all fairness, that hasn't been the case for a long time.  Both Benzema and Raul have been relegated to Madrid's bench for a long part of this season when the team line up became more stable.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »
All hail King Leo:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jq7FC0pASFo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jq7FC0pASFo</a>

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Més que un club.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »
Once again Ronaldo pull a Houdini.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
Dah boots ronaldo cutting go look wet with a barca kit doh.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

Nice read! Well said!  :applause:

Higuain is a team player?

Not sure I'd agree with that sentiment.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2010, 04:49:08 AM »
Real need to get Wenger to match barca in that style.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2010, 06:48:43 AM »
Your speculation is flawed because you are partial towards messi maybe not even Barca.

This. Coaches influences is key for key figures, you are quick to blame the hand instead of the mind.
Looking for a new head coach. The current head coach makes Real look like Man City.

The big price tag on some players has not produced the expected results ...it is like when you bring een an imported dog for a show and a locally bred dog beat him .... that is  not easy especially when everyone and his dog knows what you paid for yours!

You wonder who makes the football decisions along with the President of the club or is it that he alone makes decisions like the one to sell Inter one of the best midfielders in Europe and now have to watch him lead his team where they cannot go.
The current head coach have much to blame for his selection and preference also dictatorship maybe the main issue at Real similar to that of Chelsea and if I dare, Man City xD

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: maybe in Argentina, he might know his own people better.
Meh, the Real issue was the accommodation of wesley opted for van de fart and robben for wonderkid cr9.

In light of what I wrote, sorry for you been the scapegoat lol it was fun taking you apart with your limited soccer knowledge, it was a joy to read your views and analysis, no flame intended.

You should know I am a Villareal supporter. I dont support Real Madrid or Barcelona in the spanish league. Pellegrini is not from Argentina he is Chilean. ( even I with limited soccer knowledge knows that ..but you can always google it to make sure ) Juan Roman Riquelme , everyone on this site knows that and I make no apology for it.

Pellegrini fired Riquelme from Villareal then left for Real Madrid. So you see I hold no brief for the man, but one has to give jack his jacket.
I agree with you about Schneider ..I cant see how he could have been allowed to leave while some of the others have stayed.

I am still trying to see where you took apart my analysis ..maybe someone can point this out to me ...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:32 AM »
Anyone found the free kick Barca got before Messi scored very very soft?

Messi bought that foul with poor playacting  then they took it quickly and scored

If that was Cristiano we wouldnt hear the end of it

poor conduct

ONE time in how many games Messi maybe dive or carry on with some theatrics and you want to compare him to the reigning mother of all drama queens?  Boy relax yuh self and hush nuh or go back and watch all them manu games where time after time cronaldo dived and dived like it was team tactics.  Of COURSE allyuh wouldn't hear the end of it. And.....as far as him doing all the so-called work for Real Madrid is concerned...is only because he fightin' dong everyting.  He want to take every free-kick, (dat strongman pose must really be working) every penalty (especially the ones he dive for) and like he want every pass in the box (and ALWAYS crying and complaining when he doh get it).  He wants to outdo all his teammates rather than be a team player. Steups.  cronaldo couldn't shine Messi boots.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2010, 07:11:18 AM »
On fairness to Ronaldo I think he was a good fit at United. Th coach there is a no nonsense person who is large and in charge. Left to his own devices I feel Ronaldo would self destruct ..just like his teammate Quaresma who like Ronaldo is immensely talented.
I cant see him staying at Madrid for too much longer. He cannot ...he cannot ..he cannot ..be compared with Messi !!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »
On fairness to Ronaldo I think he was a good fit at United. Th coach there is a no nonsense person who is large and in charge. Left to his own devices I feel Ronaldo would self destruct ..just like his teammate Quaresma who like Ronaldo is immensely talented.
I cant see him staying at Madrid for too much longer. He cannot ...he cannot ..he cannot ..be compared with Messi !!

I really think cronaldo is one of the most naturally talented young footballers on this planet and what he did @ manu worked quite well to manu's strengths (counterattacking) and the EPL's weakness (lots of labouring defenders)....but his ego has got his head is all messed up.   

giggsy11

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »
Madrid lacks playmakers, yesterday the attack appeared to begin with and end with Marcelo. Alonso had a poor match and Madrid only started creating opennings when Guti came on. They were winning matches based on individual play versus team play. Ronaldo and the Argentine forward (can't spell his name) are playing for themselves and who could score the most goals. Benzema playing and looking like Berbatov when he on the pitch.

giggsy11

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »

I really think cronaldo is one of the most naturally talented young footballers on this planet and what he did @ manu worked quite well to manu's strengths (counterattacking) and the EPL's weakness (lots of labouring defenders)....but his ego has got his head is all messed up. 

Yep, and he has no one to tell him no or sit his arse down. Even at United it appeared that Ferguson was sacrificing team play and other teammates for him to flourish. Chow you are still a dog! ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 08:12:22 AM by giggsy11 »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »
Real Madrid CF 0-2 FC Barcelona
0-1 : Messi 33'
0-2 : Pedro 56'

-----------Valdés
Puyol -- Piqué -- Milito -- Maxwell
       Busquets -- Keita
       Alves -- Xavi -- Pedro
                 Messi

63' Iniesta for Maxwell
80' Márquez for Milito

Més que un club.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2010, 08:34:50 AM »

Yep, and he has no one to tell him no or sit his arse down. Even at United it appeared that Ferguson was sacrificing team play and other teammates for him to flourish. Chow you are still a dog! ;D

.....you need to call me something worse than a dog because even in their glorified best, I rather be a dog's PISS than a manUre fan!!  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »

.....you need to call me something worse than a dog because even in their glorified best, I rather be a dog's PISS than a manUre fan!!  ;D

Ah see your years of hatin finally payin off! We finally break from the pressure!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

whats new  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
Observations..

- Ramos is a shit. Plain and simple, when you think of top right backs in the world he shouldn't figure in that discussion. Defensively he is a liability. Offensively he is good, but not good enough to get back and defend. The sad thing is he seem to think he much better than the really is where he would be better served to going back to basics. Barca make hay on his side of the field yesterday

- Gago and Garay and to a lesser extent Ramos.. wild! Like dem men mandate was to kick everything that move yesterday. And to me it was clear the ref was blowing for Real Madrid because well into the 2nd half and them men eh see no yellow yet.

- I like Pedrito alot as a player but he need to toughen up a lil bit. In big games he getting rough up off the ball and he looking lil nervous.. Yeah he small, but Messi small too and does still play strong.

- Iniesta look real happy to get back in it, the man come on and rip.

- Messi.. what more can be said. Excellent first touch off the chest to take the first goal. One touch to put the ball where u want it and one touch to finish..

- Barcelona looking imperious, but they can be beat. I think if u set up to take their creative players out the game like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta (like what real were doing in first 20 mins), you can frustrate them. Let men like Busquets, Keita and Yaya have it to play with and pressure hard and rough them up when Xavi get it.. Chelsea did that in last year's CL semi to good effect, but it don't make sense trying to out-ball them.

giggsy11

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:24 AM »
 Barcelona looking imperious, but they can be beat. I think if u set up to take their creative players out the game like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta (like what real were doing in first 20 mins), you can frustrate them. Let men like Busquets, Keita and Yaya have it to play with and pressure hard and rough them up when Xavi get it.. Chelsea did that in last year's CL semi to good effect, but it don't make sense trying to out-ball them.

Jose on the case.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »

Why would anyone blame a coach at Real Madrid rather than the club's administration is beyond me. Here is a club that fired a two time La Liga and CL winner, with their club. Coincidentally they have not featured in a CL final since and again coincidentally its the same president and Director of coaching that are now back in charge. Those two also made the choice to sell Schnider, Pellegrini should be applauded for what he has managed to pull together under that climate. As for Benzema, he has played 20 games for Real, most as a sub and still managed 7 goals. He came on in the 80 minute yesterday (after a long layoff with injury) and man make analysis on his performance. Allyuh good we ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »

, I rather be a dog's PISS

wow, nice to see you've accomplished your goals in life  :devil:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2010, 11:06:48 AM »

- Gago and Garay and to a lesser extent Ramos.. wild! Like dem men mandate was to kick everything that move yesterday. And to me it was clear the ref was blowing for Real Madrid because well into the 2nd half and them men eh see no yellow yet.

- Barcelona looking imperious, but they can be beat. I think if u set up to take their creative players out the game like Xavi, Messi and Iniesta (like what real were doing in first 20 mins), you can frustrate them. Let men like Busquets, Keita and Yaya have it to play with and pressure hard and rough them up when Xavi get it.. Chelsea did that in last year's CL semi to good effect, but it don't make sense trying to out-ball them.

Good points.

Like I said during the game, Real was playing stink. I see men collecting tackles AFTER they pass off the ball.

But stopping Barca like you said is much easier said than done. For one, Chelsea was built to defend/counter-attack. They had the most organized, physical midfield in Europe with Essien running things. Plus Drogba to study. Real does not have that, although they did good yesterday. Not sure if Inter is complete enough to do it.
Ketch footballitis

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »

lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »

...coming from a manu fan I am quite sure you see it as an accomplishment!  ;D

1]; } ?>