April 25, 2024, 12:29:24 AM

Author Topic: MicroFIT - Ontario's Solar Opportunity  (Read 809 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
MicroFIT - Ontario's Solar Opportunity
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
MicroFIT is a program open to Ontario residents to receive payments for solar electricity generated on their properties and delivered to the utility. The Ontario Power Authority will pay 0.80 per kilowatt hour delivered. This opens an opportunity for Ontario residents to invest in solar equipment with a very attractive rate of return. A contract with the OPA is valid for 20 years.

If you install a solar system rated from 1000W to 10,000W or less, each kilowatt (1000W) of solar should deliver revenues of $1000 per year. An installed system can pay for itself in about 8 years, and offers continuous cash flows for 20 years. Check out www.retscreen.net to run your own system........

.......more
http://www.heshomeenergy.com/microfit/index.html

I REAL jealous of allya living in Ontario.
If this program was available here in BC I would get on board now for now
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MicroFIT - Ontario's Solar Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
yuh does end up readin de fine print on dem ting oui

a small system might pay back for itself in 8 years...but one big enough to charge hydro money will take longer,,,plus is the considerable cash outlay for the system itself does deter the average man
now that the feds pull the rebate money off the table...man hadda watch dat wit a snake eye

nice system though..combine that with geo-thermal and yuh go never have utility bill again
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>