April 28, 2024, 07:43:16 AM

Author Topic: El Clásico • Madrid CF v FC Barcelona • 10 April 10  (Read 13045 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: El Clásico • Madrid CF v FC Barcelona • 10 April 10
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 12:15:34 PM »
So its official now, Messi better than Ronaldo??....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

Nope!  Not according to all the manu/cronaldo fans.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
Ron..... who ???
no way

but he did get some parise
"The world’s most expensive player, Cristiano Ronaldo, has still to break his duck against Barcelona since joining Real Madrid in the Spanish La Liga, but Barca’s manager Pep Guardiola was quick to praise the former Manchester United winger.
“He’s an enormous talent, very strong. We tried to isolate him and keep him away from the game,” Guardiola said.

“He’s very dangerous when we have the ball, because they find him very quickly if we lose it and he’s hard to stop then. Just because he’s not scored against us yet doesn’t mean he’s not a very good player.”"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »

Methinks it's been official haha.

36 goals & 9 assists in 36 games.....Jesus.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »

Aye Aye, u ever here me say Ronaldo better than messi???  >:(  :busshead:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »

Aye Aye, u ever here me say Ronaldo better than messi???  >:(  :busshead:

Oh GAWD, yuh go buss meh head fuh dat?!?! If de shoe doh fit yuh eh hadda wear it yuh know!  :busshead:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
Yesterday I sat down through a Barca marathon watching some of their games from the last few weeks. Right now Messi is on everyone lips and quite rightly so, but Barca true conductor is Xavi. He dictates the link up from the back line and then too the front. He also dictates the speed, knowing when to speed it up and/or slow it down. The beauty about Barca is that when Xavi is not at his best, which is still better than most midfielders in the world. Barca then has a carbon copy in Iniesta, who is not only an efficient and creative passer of the ball, but also has an added dimension of having the ability to beat players effortlessly and go past them. With both players on the pitch it must be like playing against two ghost. I can't say that Barca will win the CL or the League again, but what I do know is that I am very happy to be around to witness such football. Having the good fortune to see many great teams over the last 40 years, I thought Cruyff's Barca teams were as elegant as anything I have ever seen (maybe Tele Santana's Sao Paulo would be a close rival). I would be the first to put my hand up and say Barca's football, from a purist perception is the best football I have ever seen.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2010, 10:47:29 AM »
Messi is the current boss. And has set out on a mission to prove it since we had this small debate a couple weeks ago.

Madrid played well today but Barca is just an unstoppable juggernaut right now.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
Yesterday I sat down through a Barca marathon watching some of their games from the last few weeks. Right now Messi is on everyone lips and quite rightly so, but Barca true conductor is Xavi. He dictates the link up from the back line and then too the front. He also dictates the speed, knowing when to speed it up and/or slow it down. The beauty about Barca is that when Xavi is not at his best, which is still better than most midfielders in the world. Barca then has a carbon copy in Iniesta, who is not only an efficient and creative passer of the ball, but also has an added dimension of having the ability to beat players effortlessly and go past them. With both players on the pitch it must be like playing against two ghost. I can't say that Barca will win the CL or the League again, but what I do know is that I am very happy to be around to witness such football. Having the good fortune to see many great teams over the last 40 years, I thought Cruyff's Barca teams were as elegant as anything I have ever seen (maybe Tele Santana's Sao Paulo would be a close rival). I would be the first to put my hand up and say Barca's football, from a purist perception is the best football I have ever seen.

Well said, Observer.  This Barca team is as great a club team as I have ever witnessed and the greatness is an extension of and revolves around those three key players on that team.  Samuel Eto'o was a work horse when he was on that team, a better fit than Ibra, I think.  Ronaldinho was highlighting in the role (not by position, but by greatness) that Messi had not stepped into yet.  Their defense is solid and their GK is quite good (even underrated, as far as I am concerned)

Messi is the current boss. And has set out on a mission to prove it since we had this small debate a couple weeks ago.

Madrid played well today but Barca is just an unstoppable juggernaut right now.

Messi really don't seem to be playing like he's trying to prove anything (like cronaldo does).  He's not a selfish player and he really doesn't seem to be trying to hog the spotlight. I think he is just one of those people that was put on this earth to do one thing and one thing only. And now is his time.   

giggsy11

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
Something I stole from somewhere

Madrid's optimism should be now:

YOU LOOK IN THE SKY
WATCH THE BIRDS FLY
THEY SHIT IN YOUR EYE
YOU DON'T MIND, YOU DON'T CRY.
JUST THANK GOD THAT COW DOESN'T FLY.

Because it could've been worse. Cheer up Ray Hudson.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:03:12 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
Lol Jose Mourinho dont even want Ronaldo at the San Siro.. He doesn't even want Quaresma... hmm wonder why? Selfishness? Self Centered? Not a Team player... Don't like to defend...Loose the ball in awkward positions leavin the team gaspinig to get back....

The list goes on.. Inter sells quaresma soon mark my words

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2010, 05:10:51 PM »

Iniesta and Saviola started this weekend. Iniesta is a boss, but I understand why he only now coming out of Xavi shadow. Before last season's injury you couldn't come round Xavi at all. Best midfielder in Spain.

Meh bredren and massive Barca fan Filho (who doh really post anymore) large up Xavi way back in '06.... If yuh check that thread yuh would see how he get some pong for it too lol...

Palos said once Xavi is like a good ref - sometimes yuh doh even realize he's there, but when he's gone it could all fall apart.

As a youth growing up playing, coaches always used to bawl "simple first!!!"... yuh could replace that command with "Xavi"...

Glad to see he is finally getting his props. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:12:45 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »
  Messi really don't seem to be playing like he's trying to prove anything (like cronaldo does).  He's not a selfish player and he really doesn't seem to be trying to hog the spotlight. I think he is just one of those people that was put on this earth to do one thing and one thing only. And now is his time.   

By "set out" I was actually just referring to the discussion some of us had a couple weeks ago about CR9 and Messi. It SEEMS like he has been playing like he has something to prove to his doubters in that convo.  
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »

Iniesta and Saviola started this weekend. Iniesta is a boss, but I understand why he only now coming out of Xavi shadow. Before last season's injury you couldn't come round Xavi at all. Best midfielder in Spain.

Meh bredren and massive Barca fan Filho (who doh really post anymore) large up Xavi way back in '06.... If yuh check that thread yuh would see how he get some pong for it too lol...

Palos said once Xavi is like a good ref - sometimes yuh doh even realize he's there, but when he's gone it could all fall apart.

As a youth growing up playing, coaches always used to bawl "simple first!!!"... yuh could replace that command with "Xavi"...

Glad to see he is finally getting his props. 

What happen to Filho fuh real? I miss his insightful post. Tell him to drop in on the block nah
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>