March 28, 2024, 07:47:36 PM

Author Topic: Gary Hunt drops out  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gary Hunt drops out
« on: April 10, 2010, 12:07:00 AM »
Gary Hunt drops out   ;D
Kimberly Mackhan & Yvonne Webb
Published: 10 Apr 2010

....In the midst of all of this came reports last night that Sport Minister Gary Hunt has withdrawn his candidacy for the Port-of-Spain North/St Ann’s West for the PNM in the upcoming general election. A three-paragraph, unsigned release with “Hon Gary Hunt MP” typed at the bottom said Hunt expressed his “gratitude to the constituency that I served with dedication over the last two and half years.” It stated: “I would like to wish the new candidate a sound victory. I remain committed to the People’s National Movement’s vision and ideals.” Hunt has apologised to the nation for putting up the $2 million national flag at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, saying it was a “misstep.”...

Manning: I heard of Hunt’s withdrawal

Prime Minister Patrick Manning said last night that he heard that Port-of-Spain North/St Ann’s West MP Gary Hunt had withdrawn his nomination to re-contest his seat for the People’s National Movement (PNM). “I had heard of that but I am not so sure,” Manning said at Balisier House yesterday night. He said the PNM screening committee was still engaged in deliberations on confirming its choice of candidates for the constituencies of Toco/Sangre Grande, St Ann’s East and Arima, among other constituencies.

More details...
http://guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2010/04/10/gary-hunt-drops-out

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Hunt drops out
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »
He should try his hand at running Football after all the knowledge and experience he has gained during the couple years at the ministry,he is one of the few people that stands up to JW and the TTFF.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:02:56 AM by Coop's »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 04:41:14 AM »
Jack wins again..
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:11:31 AM »
He should try his hand at running Football after all the knowledge and experience he has gained during the couple years at the ministry,he is one of the few people that stands up to JW and the TTFF.

:applause: :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:41:26 PM »

Hunt is ah c*nt... yuh eh hear or what? 

Trinidadians eh interested in what's best, not when what's popular would do.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 01:04:55 PM »
was he really standing up against warner, or he was standing up/spiting the opposition? If jack was pnm, he woulda stand up so? DOh tell me he interested in accountability cause he is the man with the 2 million dollar flag.
Is just games for them fellas except they playing with real money with us being the tokens.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
was he really standing up against warner, or he was standing up/spiting the opposition? If jack was pnm, he woulda stand up so? DOh tell me he interested in accountability cause he is the man with the 2 million dollar flag.
Is just games for them fellas except they playing with real money with us being the tokens.

Jack Warner and Panday ever apologize for anything?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 07:45:25 PM »

how you propose he does that Coops ? by asking Jack to step aside ? There may be people capable of doing a good job with football in this country but there is no vacancy is there ? You know the person who takes over has to pay Jack millions owed ...and we watch on the sidelines while jack takes an under 17 team to Korea to play practice games for a tournament to be held in Trinidad..and we say nothing !
Next thing you see jack meeting the president of Korea and discussing their world cup bid and no doubt refusing to gain political and financial mileage from the trip ..and we say nothing ..preferring to discuss how de girls play !!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 06:37:53 AM »

Gary TRIED to stand up to Jack and blinked eventually......I personally don't want Gary running anything in Government EVER AGAIN!!! This is the same man who tell the citizenry of this nation that spending $2 million on a flag is small thing.  In fact ah think he say there was no price for national pride.   ::) ::) >:(

Let Gary throw he frame, I for one wont miss him.....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:49:40 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
The flag aside, the Ministry of Sport did a lot to assist athletes in TT.

I am sorry to see Hunt go. In general the Ministry did a good job and at least we could count on him to put JW in his place.

Can you imagine THE AMOUNT OF sht Warner go get away with if UNC win the next election.
JW great grandchildren go be millionaires.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:23:19 AM »

how you propose he does that Coops ? by asking Jack to step aside ? There may be people capable of doing a good job with football in this country but there is no vacancy is there ? You know the person who takes over has to pay Jack millions owed ...and we watch on the sidelines while jack takes an under 17 team to Korea to play practice games for a tournament to be held in Trinidad..and we say nothing !
Next thing you see jack meeting the president of Korea and discussing their world cup bid and no doubt refusing to gain political and financial mileage from the trip ..and we say nothing ..preferring to discuss how de girls play !!

I made the suggestion based on what people have been clamouring about for years,i thought may be they wanted changes eg to get rid of JW and the TTFF administration,have we given up trying?or are we just going to continue to talk with no action.I think all that is needed is an instigator,he personally don't have to do it but i'm sure he can rally people too,he had something going with Shaka and them,he support the blacklisted players,now is their turn to support him for the sake of Football.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »

I am sorry to see Hunt go. In general the Ministry did a good job and at least we could count on him to put JW in his place.

Can you imagine THE AMOUNT OF sht Warner go get away with if UNC win the next election.

VB

Can you imagine the amount of shit Warner woulda get away with in the past 4 years since Germany if Hunt wasn't on he ass like he was?  People like they expected Hunt to be perfect and not make mistakes... the flag fiasco was at least well-intended, even if the execution failed.  If that was Jack or some other politician when yuh check it dat $2 million woulda end up back in they pocket.  Some family member or pardna woulda be connected to de firm or somebody was pocketing ah kick back.  Hunt's failure was that he fell in the trap of doing things the way Government usually does it... high handed without due diligence. 

Other than that what did he do that was so wrong?  It still have jackass Trinidadians who cussing he name over that England game in the stadium when he jack up the lease on the TTFF.  Meanwhile the real crook siddung in ah corner counting he money... once he get paid he eh care about nobody else, not TTFF, not Blacklist players, not Pro League... not one ass.  But Hunt wrong... Trinidadians too blasted simple fuh dey own good.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »

VB

CO-SIGNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 08:11:49 AM »
Trinidad and Tobago have gone from a decent country to live in to one where people cannot enjoy the normal things in everyday life ,even the innocent are being killed like dogs in the streets or even in their homes.I keep hearing about JW at every turn,is he responsible for a core of rotten policemen,bad roads,no water,third world health system,lack of proper housing for poor people; apart from all that some, or many people have to be indoors before its dark.All I hear is JW dis and dat,has he been a government minister over the last 20 years,who is responsible for the cesspit that has been created  slowly but surely over the last 50 years,I cant say but I have an idea.The riches that we like to boast about have been badly spent over the last few years and the government posturing knows no end,wasting billions on useless summits so that Manning could look like some great European statesman,what a bloody waste,JW is not the one emptying the Treasury.Two million TT dollars for a flag is a waste squared and no one should try and protect such an act of waste,be objective mate,put blame where it belongs,the government must also take the blame for state the country is now in,the UNC must be mad to want power in such a mangled place.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 09:24:09 AM »

VB

CO-SIGNNNNNNNN
They already millionaires. The sn bring in a lamborghini recently...u know how much to importone of thse thisngs? That money will take a while to done with all the businesses Jack have in place...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 09:45:30 AM »
If all else fails in my life I can always turn to putting together a book of Gary Hunt quotes. I'll call it, "The Power of the Understatement"
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 11:25:35 AM »

VB

CO-SIGNNNNNNNN
They already millionaires. The sn bring in a lamborghini recently...u know how much to importone of thse thisngs? That money will take a while to done with all the businesses Jack have in place...

OK billionaires
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago have gone from a decent country to live in to one where people cannot enjoy the normal things in everyday life ,even the innocent are being killed like dogs in the streets or even in their homes.I keep hearing about JW at every turn,is he responsible for a core of rotten policemen,bad roads,no water,third world health system,lack of proper housing for poor people; apart from all that some, or many people have to be indoors before its dark.All I hear is JW dis and dat,has he been a government minister over the last 20 years,who is responsible for the cesspit that has been created  slowly but surely over the last 50 years,I cant say but I have an idea.The riches that we like to boast about have been badly spent over the last few years and the government posturing knows no end,wasting billions on useless summits so that Manning could look like some great European statesman,what a bloody waste,JW is not the one emptying the Treasury.Two million TT dollars for a flag is a waste squared and no one should try and protect such an act of waste,be objective mate,put blame where it belongs,the government must also take the blame for state the country is now in,the UNC must be mad to want power in such a mangled place.

Frico,
         I will not make excuses for Hunt and this flag issue. Also his tit for tat with Jack was abysmal. But he was new at the job then.

I feel we still not extracting the fullest potential from all our youths in sports. Cricket appears to be enjoying success. For how long? we will see.

Rugby, tennis, netball, basketball, TF, swimming, cycling, football are still not performing up to their potential. We still need to implement programs to find and nuture(not get burnt out, disgusted or fustrated) youths from all areas and from all RACES to maximize our true potential. If that is the gov't(gary Hunt's) job, then he has not performed well. But when it comes to supporting the national teams financially to go here and there he CAME thru with the resources.

Gary Hunt should to join the pro-league. With his experience and some financial resources he can support(please don't bring out a new team) one of the many teams(Rangers, Cali, Grande, Palo Seco, or even Tobago) he can have his pick.

As for Jack. All we want for him is to resign from TTFF. He can have FIFA, CONCACAF, CFU and his constituency in Couva all to himself. We WANT WE FOOTBALL BACK.

1]; } ?>