April 24, 2024, 01:38:12 PM

Author Topic: Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:27:35 AM »
Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s
TTFF Media

South Korea’s National Under 17 Women’s team proved to be too much to handle for Trinidad and Tobago in the closing match of the three-match series at the National Football Centre in Paju as they turned out 6-0 winners on Saturday.

The result, an obviously disappointing one for the T&T contingent after their 3-1 win in the first match last week, was more of what the hosts had expected from the onset as they demonstrated just why they were crowned champions of Asia and are expected to pose as a threat in the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup here in September.

Min Ji Yeo did the bulk of the damage with five goals and So Dam Lee got the other as T&T after being just 1-0 down at half time conceded their goals in the 12', 55', 66', 78', 85' and 89' minutes.

Pellerud, while mindful of the heavy defeat, maintained that the training camp served its purpose well and he was confident it would aid T&T’s preparations for the FIFA Under 17 World Cup in September.

"We ran out of gas after one half in this last game of the South Korean series. A strong first half ended 1-0 for Korea, and I am very pleased with good defending and a high number of well set up attacks. We continued to run thin on player options, too many players were not ready to play due to minor injuries -  and we could not match the Koreans superior ball control in the 2nd half,” Pellerud told TTFF Media.

He added that the Koreans punished T&T for its lapses that may have easily gone unnoticed by Concacaf opponents in the previous 4Nation tournament.

“It might sound strange to see any kind of positives out of a 6-0 defeat, but there are good things to say about the T&T as well. The result does not reflect the match very well, as at times we matched the excellent opposition very well.

“The Korean team was undoubtedly capable of relieving some defensive errors that neither Mexico nor Canada could during the 4Nations tournament. They were good enough to make us identify issues in our backline. First and foremost our backline needs to play more consistent and solid, and with more authority! We are going to take steps in order to make this team unit stronger, and the coaching staff is already discussing our options.”

Pellerud did find the time to credit some of his players for their noteworthy contributions during the matches.

“On the flip side, some of our players have taken advantage of this series and stepped up their individual performances. Players that deserve to be mentioned are Goalkeeper Kari Myers and midfielder Victoria Swift; 2 players that matched our opponents in all areas. Also credit to Kayla Taylor who was providing attacking runs and crossball skills from the right side. As a team, we have seen our midfield improve on their ability to defend well and also their ability to attack with purpose."

T&T Line up
1.    Keri MYERS (GK)
2.    Camille BORNEO (DEF/CAPT)
3.    Khadisha DEBESETTE (DEF)
4.    Courtney BAHADURSINGH (DEF)
5.    Rehana OMARDEEN (DEF) (75')/ Patrice VINCENT
6.    Kayla TAYLOR (MF)
7.    Tineisha COBHAM (MF) (45') / Jasmine Sampson
8.    Khadidra DEBESETTE (MF)
9.    Victoria SWIFT (MF)
10.    Nia WALCOTT (MF) (75')/ Diarra SIMMONS
11.    Jo-Marie LEWIS (FOR)

Scorers: Min-Ji Yeo (5), So-Dam Lee (1).
April, 10 - 2010

How Fentues eh do a report yet ?

Wonder if de coach go say jet lag still affecting us.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:47:00 AM by Tallman »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Korea U-17 6 : 0 Trinidad & Tobago U-17.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:00:29 AM »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 08:12:39 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »
Um shouldn't we be conceding less goals and scoring more kinda heading in the opposite direction aren't we?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »

dem korean does have the same hair cut wtf
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »
 :o :o :o
hhhhmmmm....ah guess the Korean got over whatever it was that was bugging them for the first game..... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
But yet the Coach said he is satisfied with the team BEFORE this match was even played..http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=48921.0

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
First post updated with the match report.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 11:10:35 AM »
We started these friendlies strong and ended weak steups....  Wait nah  did the Koreans  field a bogus team in the first game tuh see what we have and them bring on they big guns later?

These kinda performances are not acceptable..... there is no win in getting a 6-0 cut ass. Until  each team , each player and each individual associated with each team that represents TNT begin to see that a loss is a blow to national pride, to the people of TNT to the jersey that  they wearing, we eh making no progress; until we play with red white and black etched in the heart we eh moving upwards; until we approach each game as a battle , we eh winners. You watch the determination in them Koreans face; watch the will to battle for the ball; watch the 'first to the ball'  when we begin to approach games that way then we see results. When our athletes become full time athletes and live and breathe the game then we moving forward. Until then, is more cut ass
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:45:48 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
All yuh lay of them girls nah. How all yuh know them girls ain't trying their best. Maybe their best is not good enough. How can you guys compare our program to the Koreans. It is different. The Koreans team is certainly totally homegrown talent. Our team had two sisters playing on the team for the first time. Plus they have a couple other foreign on the team. The only way our team will gell is if they have them in camp and making tours from now until the tournament starts. That is not happening, Them girls have to go back to school. On the other hand the Koreans probably have their school in their football camp.

How can you tell the Koreans have more determination by looking at their faces? It appears to me that they are getting to the ball quicker than our girls. They are fitter and faster. They are just BETTER than us.

I did not want to comment on the first game. I just wanted to see the results of the other games. Well it tells me that the Korean coaches either told his squad to take it easy(they just had a long flight) or used a  3rd string team in the 1st game. A 2nd string team in the 2nd and the big guns in the last game.  Just leave the girls alone.  Just look at the state of mens footbal and you will see why our girls ain't ready yet.

Princesses. Keep your heads high. We know that this is a good experience for you. Learn from your mistakes. Everything going to be alright. God Bless. Jai Trinbago!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »

this f**king sad in 2010. the TTFF cyah buy winter/spring coats for the children? korea have to lend we.  No offense but we look like Haitians?  >:(

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
Building a program takes time . T&T female football is relatively in its fetus stage compared with
the likes of Korea, Japan, Germany, USA, etc. Hopefully this generation will learn and contribute
in the future and we continue to invest in the next generation.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
I saw this coming thus my post about the Koreans up to their old tricks again. All yuh could ah ask meh and I woulda tell all yuh the Koreans had a dose coming in the two final games
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 12:51:19 AM »
thank you Observer
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline triplethreat33

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 05:28:57 AM »

this f**king sad in 2010. the TTFF cyah buy winter/spring coats for the children? korea have to lend we.  No offense but we look like Haitians?  >:(

Bigger problem is how can we ever compete in a world cup held in any weather  under 27c

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 05:38:10 AM »
The Korean women under 17 have more male genes than the TT gyuls,the TT gal dem look like nice young ooman,cyah say de same bout the Korean. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 08:06:38 AM »
It's easy to criticize when things not going the way it should with our teams but i want us to understand this is international Football,a lot of things we take for granted don't fly here.

The people who organize/arrange this tour did not give much thought to what they was in for,i don't think going to Korea at this time was a good idea,judging from the pictures it's clear to see the temperature in that place killed us,i wonder if they had dressing rooms,the Coach doing a chalkboard session outside as though they in T&T and you can see half those girls not paying attention,look at the Technical staff all in their warmups and those girls freezing on the ground.

You know Fenwick said something the other day and peeps jump all over him for it,we does win/draw games and come away like we win the WC when there are so much problems to be corrected,not because we win we played well,giving that false impression to players does nothing for their improvement because they will always feel they just have to do enough and will get bye.

Somebody talk about male genes,it seems we are the only team that don't have male genes,i don't think it's a matter of male genes is just that we are not physically prepared,we are not used to being roughed up and tough mentally.

I think Observer said it best in his post.   

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:12 AM »

Bigger problem is how can we ever compete in a world cup held in any weather  under 27c

Nothing wrong in being loaned winter jackets. They only need it for the tour. 

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »
I saw this coming thus my post about the Koreans up to their old tricks again. All yuh could ah ask meh and I woulda tell all yuh the Koreans had a dose coming in the two final games
I noticed your comment the last time.  I askin?  did they play a B team in teh 1st match?  or a under 16 or U15?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »
Building a program takes time . T&T female football is relatively in its fetus stage compared with
the likes of Korea, Japan, Germany, USA, etc. Hopefully this generation will learn and contribute
in the future and we continue to invest in the next generation.
You know how many years people saying this same thing. That fetus is ah elephant fetus?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

AirMan

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
WAIT NAH !!!..why my soca princesses wearing Korean Coats ??

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
My personal experience with the Koreans is that they will will never show you their real intentions in friendly games. They have a tendency to play their weaker teams early or set up an environment to feel out their opponents they the lay down the hammer when the time is right. So after the first game I was not surprised and I certainly wasn't surprised when I saw the other two results.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:40:28 PM »
My personal experience with the Koreans is that they will will never show you their real intentions in friendly games. They have a tendency to play their weaker teams early or set up an environment to feel out their opponents they the lay down the hammer when the time is right. So after the first game I was not surprised and I certainly wasn't surprised when I saw the other two results.

hhmmm interesting
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
No scene.....de more dey sweat in peace time de less dey could bleed in war. Once dey learn from dey mistakes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:52:59 AM »
Somewhere within TTFF programs there is systematic failure across the board(ALL our Teams),  its always a FITNESS problem.

We "compete", but the end we get we tail kicked.

We WON'T win anything until we fit for the full game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 06:48:52 AM »

Yuh right, because a national U-17 squad will never ever again set foot in colder climes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 06:52:35 AM »
It's easy to criticize when things not going the way it should with our teams but i want us to understand this is international Football,a lot of things we take for granted don't fly here.

The people who organize/arrange this tour did not give much thought to what they was in for,i don't think going to Korea at this time was a good idea,judging from the pictures it's clear to see the temperature in that place killed us,i wonder if they had dressing rooms,the Coach doing a chalkboard session outside as though they in T&T and you can see half those girls not paying attention,look at the Technical staff all in their warmups and those girls freezing on the ground.

You know Fenwick said something the other day and peeps jump all over him for it,we does win/draw games and come away like we win the WC when there are so much problems to be corrected,not because we win we played well,giving that false impression to players does nothing for their improvement because they will always feel they just have to do enough and will get bye.

Somebody talk about male genes,it seems we are the only team that don't have male genes,i don't think it's a matter of male genes is just that we are not physically prepared,we are not used to being roughed up and tough mentally.

I think Observer said it best in his post.   

Good observations.

Some of the girls are equipped from head to toe in cold weather gear, and others not ... is this a reflection of players supplementing the national kit with their personal stuff?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:48 AM »
No coat either mean we under funded or ill prepared

does ketchin yuh ass build character?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »

Yuh right, because a national U-17 squad will never ever again set foot in colder climes.

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
Somewhere within TTFF programs there is systematic failure across the board(ALL our Teams),  its always a FITNESS problem.

If you really watch our games at all levels the players almost always look like they have a fitness problem but that is primarily because we do way too much running around chasing the game. Most of the teams we play dictate the play so we're always running after the ball instead of making the ball do the work for us.
We do not have an effective possession game so by the time the 75th minute come around we exhausted and tired, losing any real focus we had and probably looking at the time to see when the game will end.
Beenie was the best coach we had at teaching possession. We controlled the pace and thus wasn't running around chasing the game. When he left we resorted to what we know best.
At all levels we lack an effective possession strategy.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »

If you really watch our games at all levels the players almost always look like they have a fitness problem but that is primarily because we do way too much running around chasing the game. Most of the teams we play dictate the play so we're always running after the ball instead of making the ball do the work for us.
We do not have an effective possession game so by the time the 75th minute come around we exhausted and tired, losing any real focus we had and probably looking at the time to see when the game will end.
Beenie was the best coach we had at teaching possession. We controlled the pace and thus wasn't running around chasing the game. When he left we resorted to what we know best.
At all levels we lack an effective possession strategy.

Needs to be taught at the youth level.
When, why, where and how to possess? After learning that we can learn to manage a game, tempo, rhythm, etc. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>