March 28, 2024, 08:45:10 AM

Author Topic: Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s  (Read 6053 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Koreans inflict 6-0 defeat on T&T U-17s
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:21 PM »
Somewhere within TTFF programs there is systematic failure across the board(ALL our Teams),  its always a FITNESS problem.

We "compete", but the end we get we tail kicked.

We WON'T win anything until we fit for the full game.

If you really watch our games at all levels the players almost always look like they have a fitness problem but that is primarily because we do way too much running around chasing the game. Most of the teams we play dictate the play so we're always running after the ball instead of making the ball do the work for us.
We do not have an effective possession game so by the time the 75th minute come around we exhausted and tired, losing any real focus we had and probably looking at the time to see when the game will end.
Beenie was the best coach we had at teaching possession. We controlled the pace and thus wasn't running around chasing the game. When he left we resorted to what we know best.
At all levels we lack an effective possession strategy.

Needs to be taught at the youth level.
When, why, where and how to possess? After learning that we can learn to manage a game, tempo, rhythm, etc. 

Yeah. Beenie had us playing really effective possession ball. The biggest mistake we made after the World Cup 2006 was not retaining him as Technical Director pay him top dollar for at least 4-6 years to work with coaches and players alike at all levels to get our football program on the same page and have a true philosophy.
At all levels we look like amateurs just chasing a ball around. Just hiring a coach for a specific team is just bandage work really. Our program need surgery because we not improving.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »
Not to take this thread down a different path, but I read recently that possession was passe ... a phenomenon of one particular era of the game ... will retrieve when ah have a chance.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »
The biggest mistake we made after the World Cup 2006 was not retaining him as Technical Director pay him top dollar for at least 4-6 years to work with coaches and players alike at all levels to get our football program on the same page and have a true philosophy.

There was no way we could have retained him. After the World Cup, he had too many better opportunities waiting on him. Our biggest mistake was letting Wim go. He was willing to work with the team and gave us the truth honestly.

We should have Lincoln "Tiger" Phillip take over the coaching job since he supposedly was the one behind Wim's sacking.

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 07:52:48 AM »
Fellas I am sorry but I have a real problem watching our national team players in Korean jackets. Trini is hosting the World Cup in a few months. Teams can't take us seriously with this pic. Could you imagine the Koreans staff and players after lending us these tops. As a staff we must know ahead of time the climate we are going to be exposed to and be ready to deal with it. This should have been in place before the team left for Korea. None of us on this thread should be comfortable with this at all. What is also telling is the players focus. Look at their heads some of them are all over the place as Pellers is making his coaching point. As for the comments on fitness and this team. One of the down falls of playing direct is that it entails more running to stay connected as a unit. Imagine your back 4 launching 50-60 yards in the final third and the midfield having to transition to catch up with the lone striker or a fellow midfielder in a wide position. As the game progresses it leads to a very tired bunch of players especially those in Midfield. It doesn't help you are playing like that and your opponents are holding on to the ball when they gain possession because now as we all know is real chasing going on  Being familiar with Pellers methods, I know he believes in the direct play. I am not quite sure if it will be suited to the players. A teams football should have elements of its culture. I am still rooting for them to do well though. Hopefully the lessons learnt in Korea will be invaluable
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:40 AM »
I think the jackets might be a gift...and I would be happy with a gift like that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
What is the big deal over a couple of winter jackets. It is only for the tour. Is not like they coming back to TT with them to sport in HCS. If anyone pissed about it they should vent their displeasure at the TTFF. They should have winter jackets  in their closet for U-17 girls (and all national age group teams) anytime they make a tour to cold climates. You honestly think them go "waste" money buying winter jackets for a team for one practice tour.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »
What is the big deal over a couple of winter jackets. It is only for the tour. Is not like they coming back to TT with them to sport in HCS. If anyone pissed about it they should vent their displeasure at the TTFF. They should have winter jackets  in their closet for U-17 girls (and all national age group teams) anytime they make a tour to cold climates. You honestly think them go "waste" money buying winter jackets for a team for one practice tour.

Especially if that tour coinciding with an elections campaign timing....
Is no wonder the senior teams cyah play no practice games as yet too.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »
Deeks is not the winter jacket perse, but the "preparation" we does do. Why go on this tour if you are not prepared to give the players every means to succeed? We just doing things for show. The girls and them freezing they arse off, yo think they worrying about playing football? If we doing it let us do it right and not halfway. Is better we did go to Costa Rica or Jamaica and play some games. After all the WC will be in a country where the temp. high right?

The girls and them never really had a chance to be successful. When players show up to play all them should be worried about is their performance on th epitch. They should not be worrying about off the field stuff.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 12:43:17 PM »
Elan,
         First of all we should asking is why are we hosting this tournament? Is it because we have 4 stadia or we have plenty money or by they playing the WC, it would be a  push start for women football in future. I want to believe it is the latter.  I don't think the FF thought about whether or not our girls were good enough to perform at a high level. Ah mean, it nice to have the tournament in TT but our girls not good enough. Right now  we still bringing players for overseas. They will have to adjust to a new system. They are in school in the US/Canada. How often can they practice with the team?

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »
Deeks this is your national team wearing the name of another country on their backs. Take a minute and try to visualize another country in the world doing that same thing. If they can't outfit the players with the proper gear for a tour then we wasting time. We can't think on the level well its only for a couple of days so why waste money. Its no joke to play and focus in cold weather. As Elan rightfully said  as well we are playing the event in Trinidad. Why not get some games against teams in warmer climates. Anyway let me drop this issue. These are just some of little attention to detail I don't mix matters with in my present situation.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
On a serious note, Them girls should not be wearing no Korea Jacket. As much as men will say that is small thing that ent no small thing. If we national team could fly all the way to Korea to play three games, we can afford to buy them girls some stadium Jacket for  about $50 dollars ah piece.

Adidas is we Sponsor we getting them jacket for small money. Less that a $1000 US all them jacket would ah cost. I seeing slippers and all kind ah thing in that weather. Did the managers inquire about the weather at all? If yuh notice all the staff in T&T gear though.. Long sleeve too.

Half the team from US/Canada them girls could ah have  ah lil T&T jacket to "Flams" with ;D Anyway is Trini i guess that is not important.
I will tell fellers something on this forum. when I was playing college ball, ah man come to tryout as a walk on with ah Clemson shirt, not even Clemson soccer, but just Clemson. Well, Boy we coach run that real far. It's all about Pride. If i am representing my country/college at a tournament or what ever, there is no way i wearing something other that what i truly represent. Allyuh really figure them Korean wearing something that say T&T.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
I still feel all yuh making too big a deal over a jacket. I know all the pyschology involve in preparing a team properly. But with this admin. what do all yuh expect. All yuh know what kind of agreement Jack has with addidas?   Imagine in this day and age.  Men can't even do a cambia(exchang jerseys). . We wearing the same uniforms from last WC.

All yuh know how I feel about Jack and the TTFF, so it is not like I agree with this tour. But whatever Jack says, goes. He okayed the tour. You take what you get. The jacket is the least of them girls problem. At least they warm.

Jack and Manning is twins

1]; } ?>