March 28, 2024, 11:40:46 AM

Author Topic: North East sign 3 new Stars  (Read 1281 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
North East sign 3 new Stars
« on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:20 AM »
North East sign 3 new Stars

DIRECTV North East Stars Director of Football, Kevin Jeffrey, today announced the signing of 3 new players. Gary Glasgow and Errol McFarlane will be no stangers to Trini football supporters after amassing nearly 70 international appearances between them for Trinidad & Tobago. Joining them is 23 year old Jason Devenish. The Diego Martin born midfielder has spent 3 seasons in U.S.A. and Canada.

Jeffrey said " We are continuing to move forward with our blend of youth and experience. Jason will benefit greatly from playing alongside senior internationals like Gary and Errol and I expect him to be pushing for international caps this season."

33 year old Glasgow has spent much of his career in the U.S.A and China, while 32 year old McFarlane has spent the majority of his career between Lebanon and Iceland. Both strikers, however, have played for several clubs in the Pro League. Glasgows most prolific season saw him score 26 goals in 22 matches for Defence Force.

All three players will be on hand to sign autographs at the Ojoe Rd stadium, Sandre Grande on sunday when DIRECTV North East Stars host a friendly match and fun day. Jeffrey said " We want to introduce the squad to our community before the season begins and this will be an ideal opportunity for our supporters to collect autographs and take some photos with the players"

Some of the players were on hand to meet supporters at Movie Towne on saturday, where they took part in a DIRECTV promotion. "Its important to us to give our business partners as much support as possible" said Jeffrey. 

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: North East sign 3 new Stars
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »
Devenish got offered a contract by Jabloteh before he left for school. I wonder if he check them first when he came back? He will definitely be a good addition to national team midfield if he progressed while he was away. Cause right now, I have no idea who our centre midfielders are...(hoping that Latas tell Bleeder he too old for the future)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:39 AM »
Devenish got offered a contract by Jabloteh before he left for school. I wonder if he check them first when he came back? He will definitely be a good addition to national team midfield if he progressed while he was away. Cause right now, I have no idea who our centre midfielders are...(hoping that Latas tell Bleeder he too old for the future)

I thought he would have probably signed with the Austin Aztex. They were interested in him last year and took him to England when they went on tour.

Gary Glasgow and Errol McFarlane will be no stangers to Trini football supporters after amassing nearly 70 international appearances between them for Trinidad & Tobago.

Bally go want tuh dead  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:42:12 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:47:16 AM »
stars putting a decent side together.

leh we see what they go do in the league and cup.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »
good signings....but im yet to see any defensive signings as yet. ah wish meh boys all d best doh!! :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »
To Sancho and crew: Yuh doing well, so keep de momentum going.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:33:49 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile