April 19, 2024, 11:49:47 PM

Author Topic: Jehue Gordon to challenge the 110m hurdles in Canada  (Read 8144 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jehue Gordon to challenge the 110m hurdles in Canada
« on: April 14, 2010, 01:32:04 PM »
Track star Jehue Gordon strongly believes he can surprise in the 110m hurdles at the world junor championships in Canada. Known for the strength of his 400m hurdles running, Gordon believes that he might even be better at the shorter distance.

He now holds the carifta records at both distances but it was his time in the 110m hurdles that surprised. Gordon was off to a slow start.." even the other trinidadian in the race got off to a better start than me "

In fact he had to come from position 5th -6th to catch the field, which he did in the amazing time of 13.41 seconds. " I know I could run faster and was not really practising my starts. I believe I could win the event now " 

He has planned to run in a few meets overseas to sharpen up for the world championship.

Asked about the twinge he felt before and after the 110m final, he did not express much concern ...there was a threat that he might not have run the 400 relay but he said " I was always going to run ...I just put that out there to stir up things a little "

His next challenge is the 4x400 relay at Penns where he fancies QRC's chances as three of the 4 runners at carifta are in this one with Lendore the silver medalist at Carifta also in the squad.
..Taken from conversation with Jehue

AirMan

Re: Jehue Gordon to challenge the 110m hurdles in Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »
Man i hope he is really cautious with this..I wanted him to dominate 400m hurdles then try to seriously contest another event internationally.  :-\

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
Man i hope he is really cautious with this..I wanted him to dominate 400m hurdles then try to seriously contest another event internationally.  :-\

When yuh young....sometimes yuh feel yuh invincible.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 06:12:50 PM »
the WR he is chasing is by a man who could run both 110 and 400mh - this young kid can do it all right now....imagine he can alternate legs in the 400m, something which the 2 x World Champion in his event can't.....only a matter of time before this kid is the MAN for real.

Just sit back and watch. He is being guided and handled by people who know and have been there.

BORN TO DO IT

AirMan

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 07:45:43 PM »

When yuh young....sometimes yuh feel yuh invincible.

I really hope that is not what he feelin right now..I hope Ato is correct when he say jehue is being guided by people who know and have been there..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »
So i guess is juhue vs davis of the usa ........
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »
His 4x400 split was something else too. I will even throw him in the 400 to see what he can do. Jehue vs Kirani could be a possible battle in the future.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:07:15 AM »
When I was 18 I wasn't even sure that I was soccer scholarship material  because people prefer to say you can't before they say you can. At 18 this youth genuinely gunning to get the WR not the JWR the WR ... I have to tell you I love his zeal I seem to recall two world beaters with the same goals at the same age but alot more cocky ..... MR BOLT and MR BOLDON lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:04:56 AM »
Ato was not cocky!!!!!. He was ASSERTIVE  and CONFIDENT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »
Assertive, confident and cocky .... and I was backing him 200 %  :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Ato was not cocky!!!!!. He was ASSERTIVE  and CONFIDENT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wholeheartedly concur, it takes a man with a spine of steel to walk around the world with a wet jheri curl in the late 90's

yuh know who was cocky ,,was da yankee in de sydney olympics who was makin monkey face and strange eyebrow movements in de startin blocks...and promptly get he ass wash by everybody....wuh was he name again?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »

steups.. call a spade a spade nuh..

de man was cocky and abrasive just like dem other pricks in HSI.. i didnt mind though, if daz wha he needed to give him the psychological edge then so be it.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 03:34:01 PM »
When I was 18 I wasn't even sure that I was soccer scholarship material  because people prefer to say you can't before they say you can. At 18 this youth genuinely gunning to get the WR not the JWR the WR ... I have to tell you I love his zeal I seem to recall two world beaters with the same goals at the same age but alot more cocky ..... MR BOLT and MR BOLDON lol

Which record, the one by Robles or the one by Kevin "disappeared into the night" Young? You really think at 18 he is ready to challenge 12.8 or 46.7s?????
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:36:32 PM by willi »

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »

I wholeheartedly concur, it takes a man with a spine of steel to walk around the world with a wet jheri curl in the late 90's

yuh know who was cocky ,,was da yankee in de sydney olympics who was makin monkey face and strange eyebrow movements in de startin blocks...and promptly get he ass wash by everybody....wuh was he name again?
Bernard Williams

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »

Dutty, wha bout a man who BRAVE enough to wear these ;D

hear nuh when I first take eeen dat sight......oh gaddoooh I still laughing oui
Easy ATO :notworthy:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:59:53 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »
weyy sah..I forget bout starboy and he heat vision goggles oui
A.B. yuh hadda revive & rock dem at yuh next NBC broadcast

willi, what ever happen to dat fellah...I eh tink he was on 'roids he had to be on heroin

...and just make sure I eh mash up de thread...ah predictin now dat Gordon go beat de cuban......one day
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
LOL all of the above - Only men with their own issues worry bout how confident or cocky another man is (thru the tv no less, while doing his job).  No-one else's confidence ever bothered me.

Question - If someone hand u a cheque for 75k to wear them glasses ONCE - in a relay no less, a relay u really have no chance in honestly, but it is the genesis of the 4-time world and olympic medaling team we have today (a 16 year old Burns, Niconnor and I were on the team) let me hear who here would say "nah they too crazy looking," or worry what anyone thought.

Right, so hush all yuh arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse.

Back to the topic  :rotfl:

All things considered I should have held out for more because that pic went around the world twice the next day, and now, ten years later.....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »

All things considered I should have held out for more because that pic went around the world twice the next day, and now, ten years later.....

and meantime de 75K long long gone...  :rotfl:  and de pic still making laps
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 09:56:20 PM »

Which record, the one by Robles or the one by Kevin "disappeared into the night" Young? You really think at 18 he is ready to challenge 12.8 or 46.7s?????

I'm not sure his body ready to take it to that level just yet but I think his performance last year made him realize that he can compete and beat the big guns. Now with the belief in place psychologically he is ready to push himself to that level he's a different animal mentally now and he is hungry... plus I've seen young athletes do some damage at his age ... ex QUINCY WATTS, Darrel Brown did some of his best work at that age, Steve Lewis to name a few.... I'm excited
Anyway why we going back and forth bout ATO being cocky or not the man do we proud and it is our job to give him some shit every now and then ... personally I loved it when he ran and then turn around no smile ..... pretty much saying .... so what up now and bringing fire to the track......  f**k it he was repping us and repping well ... cocky  bastard lol

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2010, 03:27:50 PM »
Mek Jehue grow up in peace and in his own time. Most of those names you called had very short careers! Some were questionable too.

JG is the real deal, give him time to be seasoned properly.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 05:23:42 PM »
Mek Jehue grow up in peace and in his own time. Most of those names you called had very short careers! Some were questionable too.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Glad we back on topic
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

Agreed  .. agreed and agreed!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

Ato yuh know yuh woulda wear those shades for free  :rotfl:
Yuh still have them?

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:06 PM »
Nah I sell them
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 05:15:12 PM »
Nah I sell them

Aye... looks like I'll be missing out this weekend after all, something work-related come up last minute for Saturday.  Will follow up as promised.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »

Ato yuh know yuh woulda wear those shades for free  :rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Ato, de man claimed YOU paid ???
waz dat man Peong ;D ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>