April 18, 2024, 08:34:37 PM

Author Topic: 2nd T20I: West Indies v South Africa  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2nd T20I: West Indies v South Africa
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
South Africa 120/7 (20/20 ov)
West Indies 10/2 (3.5/20 ov)
West Indies require another 111 runs with 8 wickets and 16.1 overs remaining

Gayle and fletcher out already.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd T20I: West Indies v South Africa
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
South Africa win by 1 run.
Great effort by Sammy at the end though.
If everyone played with that heart and effort, we would be in better shape.

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
South Africa win by 1 run.
Great effort by Sammy at the end though.
If everyone played with that heart and effort, we would be in better shape.

Windies finally come out and play cricket fuh one day or wha..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
We happy wit 1 run defeat now we in a real sad state.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 10:53:48 PM »
Windies lose by one run
Haydn Gill Antigua
Friday, May 21st 2010

OH, the expectations were so high. Oh, how the hearts sunk. It was an all-too-familiar script.

Another low-scoring Digicel Twenty20 International, played out on another difficult pitch at the Vivian Richards Stadium, ended in a heart-breaking defeat by one run for West Indies that gave South Africa a 2-0 series triumph.

For most of their chase of 121, West Indies always looked behind the eight-ball, but there was a semblance of hope when they started the final over from fast bowler Ryan McLaren 15 shy of the target.

Darren Sammy almost turned from villain to hero in a short matter of 24 hours, collecting ten runs from the first three balls, courtesy an edged boundary to third man and another four that included two overthrows and desperate dives.

It brought the equation to five from three balls and a fair-sized crowd was now on its feet in anticipation of a win.

They would leave the stadium with more disappointment for the second successive day.

Sammy managed a single to square-leg from the fourth ball and Narsingh Deonarine was run out off the fifth while trying to complete a second run with another big dive.

Out came Jerome Taylor to see if he could get three off the final ball. It was squeezed out to point and a single was not enough, leaving West Indies at 119 for seven in response to South Africa’s 120 for seven,

The hosts will look back and probably feel that they tried to press the accelerator a little too late.

Truth be told, however, the pitch was never easy to bat on. Fluent strokeplay wasn’t on the cards and the fast bowlers gained generous bounce in both innings of the match.

After the early losses of openers Chris Gayle to a good ball from pacer Dale Steyn that pinned him on the backfoot for a second-ball duck and Andre Fletcher to a non-descript stroke that was caught by the keeper, Dwayne Bravo and Shivnarine Chanderpaul consolidated with a third wicket partnership of 68 in which neither batman dominated.

Bravo’s 40 took 42 balls and Chanderpaul spent 37 balls over 29.  By the time their stand was broken in the 15th over at 77 for three, the asking rate had climbed to 8.6
Continue http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161672476&weba=NWSSports

AirMan

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
West Indies Captain Chris Gayle said Mindset is not right..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161672474&weba=NWSSports

1]; } ?>