April 25, 2024, 01:12:07 AM

Author Topic: Dwarika at North East  (Read 2347 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwarika at North East
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »
North Easts' Stars and Stripes.
North East Stars Release.

DIRECTV North East Stars C.E.O. Brent Sancho today introduced the clubs new Head Coach, Rod Underwood. Underwoods' career to date has been both pioneering and successful.

He became the first African American to play soccer at Furman University and was a prolific goalscorer with teams such as Albuquerque Geckos, New Mexico Chiles and New Orleans Gamblers.

Underwood's coaching career began as player-coach at The Chiles and then The Geckos, before being appointed head Coach at South Carolina Shamrocks.

Rod also coached at Georgia State University and Portland Timbers before taking up the position of Head Coach at Cleveland City Stars for the 2009 season.

Underwood said "I am pleased and excited to take up the position of Head Coach of DIRECTV North East Stars. This is an immense challenge because my appointment has occured so close to the beginning of the
season.

"Underwood continued" I spent some time getting to know the staff and players before I committed myself to the club. One of the main reasons I accepted the offer from the club was because The Stars are clearly ambitious, both on and off the field. I was particularly impressed with their plans for community interaction and a youth academy.

Development of young local talent is a real passion of mine" When asked how the team is shaping up for the season ahead, Coach Underwood commented " We're looking good to go. We still have some areas that we'd like to strengthen, but I have been delighted by the positive attitude of the players and coaching staff.

I've pushed them really hard to ensure that we are ready to compete in the ProLeague. My only concern is the overall conditions of the playing surfaces due to the recent lack of rain. Its easy for players to pick up injuries on these surfaces, but its the same for all teams, so we will have to manage through this period."

Sancho said " We have probably taken a little too much time in selecting our Head Coach, but we wanted to ensure that we made the right choice. I knew Rod from my days playing in the U.S.A. and he has an excellent reputation. The players will find him to be tough, but fair, and will benefit from his coaching abilities."

Director of Football, Kevin Jeffery said " The whole coaching staff have been working hard to ensure Coach Underwood had a solid group of players to enable him to make his final selections. It was great to discover that our footballing philosophies are very similar, and this allowed The Coach to "hit the ground running" and fine tune our training and tactics to suit his requirements."

Underwood and Jeffery also confirmed 3 new signings. The Stars are welcoming back two of their former players, 1999 Caribbean player of the year, Arnold Dwarika and Glenton Wolfe, who have nearly 80 international caps between them.

Alongside the two T&T favourites is Jamaican Kimarley McDonald. The 25 year old defender has spent his career to date in his homeland, but is excited about playing in a new league.

Twenty-eight (28) year old defender, Wolfe, is returning to his home team, having been born in Manzilla, while Dwarika needs no introduction to T&T football fans. The 37 year old midfielder brings a wealth of experience gained as far afield as China, Scotland and The Lebanon.

"Although we have some very talented youngsters, we firmly believe that these three signings will provide additional experience to the squad" commented Underwood.

The new signings will be on show at the Ojoe Rd Recreational ground in Sandre Grande on Sunday, where the local community are invited to meet the DIRECTV North East Stars staff and players for this season. There will be 3 youth team matches, as well as The Stars playing an exibition match.

Events Director, Jason Julien said " Its free entry, so we want the whole community to come along and meet the players. Our main partner, DIRECTV will be on hand with their promotional van and give aways, and we will also have freebies from our other partners to distribute" Youth matches begin at 10 am and the senior team will be at the ground from 4pm.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:34:11 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarika at North East
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 05:29:32 AM »
Wow....

Sancho mean business sah.....

:applause:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »
I warned allyuh, Sancho eh making joke.

So who is the man that Sancho has brought to North East:

1. http://www.clevelandcitystars.com/news/377-get-to-know-rod-underwood-what-drives-citys-new-man
2. Interview seen here on the top right box: http://www.clevelandcitystars.com/
3. http://www.cleveland.com/citystars/index.ssf/2009/02/cleveland_city_stars_to_name_r.html

Master stroke by Sancho. More sponsors will want to be part of the bandwaggon you are creating.  :beermug:
Stay tuned people.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:39:42 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »
Sancho been a businessman since birth.  Hope he could get FPATT on track, but he's on the other side as the employer

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Random drugs test not a part of the PFL  ???

Dwarika back  ???

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »

Dwarika back  ???

What drug Dwarika on?did he get banned from the league for drugs?how you mean Dwarika back,i don't think he ever stopped playing,up to last season he played from what i've heard.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »

Dwarika back  ???

if that was the case teams would have to be lookin 4 alot of new players... :rotfl:

AirMan

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
LOL So i see some Dwarika fans in here..how did he perform for his club the last two years ??..I would not be so anxious to see him play for Stars today..anyway good luck to him..

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 07:22:40 PM »
Just when i thought North East Stars was serious, they gone and hire Dwarika?

Steups!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »
37 kinda ripe...buh then again...cld be his last season...yuh never know
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
I don't think it's a matter of Dwarika fans,it's about Football because Dwight and Latas could of play Football until they about fifty and nobody would have talk about nobody should pick them up,this is about business Jabloteh try the same thing with Whitley and it backfired.

Wheather he drinks or not at one time Dwarika carried our country's Football on his back and still at his age i don't think it have many that are better than him,his attitude has certainly let him down but don't take away his ability to play from him and that's what Sancho is all about.

I can understand these teams picking up a player or two with a little name to bolster their attendance,all those Pro league teams have a mixture of players like that,why are we so eager to condemn players,i see Romario,Ronaldo,Roberto Carlos etc still playing ball in Brazil,people still want to see these guys.   

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:58:19 AM »
Say what you want Dwarika he is/was one of the better finishers that we have had in T&T by a long way. Yes he like lime...everybody knows that.

But a decent gamble by NE stars. That is why as an employer u have a contract to spell out what you expect from a player as well as grounds for termination ..............
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:37 AM »
I don't think it's a matter of Dwarika fans,it's about Football because Dwight and Latas could of play Football until they about fifty and nobody would have talk about nobody should pick them up,this is about business Jabloteh try the same thing with Whitley and it backfired.

Wheather he drinks or not at one time Dwarika carried our country's Football on his back and still at his age i don't think it have many that are better than him,his attitude has certainly let him down but don't take away his ability to play from him and that's what Sancho is all about.

I can understand these teams picking up a player or two with a little name to bolster their attendance,all those Pro league teams have a mixture of players like that,why are we so eager to condemn players,i see Romario,Ronaldo,Roberto Carlos etc still playing ball in Brazil,people still want to see these guys.   

Coop's in form again.  :beermug: Wisdom for de youts to digest
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 01:10:21 PM »

Coop's in form again.  :beermug: Wisdom for de youts to digest

:applause: :applause: Yea Coops yuh talk some sense....How yuh mean Sancho, time to turn this pro league around :beermug:

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 07:52:08 AM »

1]; } ?>