April 29, 2024, 09:55:05 AM

Author Topic: Police quell Jabloteh, River Plate brawl  (Read 12582 times)

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
Re: Police quell Jabloteh, River Plate brawl
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »
What happen, it have no gansgters playin for Jab?
I agree Jabloteh come out lookin like punks.
River Plate instigated it. Jabloteh's punishment wouldn't have been worse thatn River Plate's.  
And I don't blame it on professionalism, if a man in yuh face like that is time to fight.
If you don't push back you're a coward.
I real surprised at how Jabloteh and the fans let that slide.

Unfortunately they cut Whitley only a few weeks ago.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »
Bab,
         Yes! Yes! Yes!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »
is just dem jablo fans full ah bugios supporters who doh want tuh dirty dey hands. if dat was carenarge united or st.francios nationals, dem byoi would still been up in the eric williams medical complex under IV drops.

JC,
     I disagree with you here. First of all we don't know how much fans was in the stadium. Like I said if it had a thousand or 2, we could not tell. But the way PR was getting on, it appears that there was not much fans in the stadium. This game played in Arima not Aranguez where their fan base is situated. 20 yrs ago I could see Jab fans going to Arima to see their team. Not this generation. Next things, Jab. from Bourg malatrasse/San Juan area. They ain't dirt poor but they ain't bourgoise as far as can remember.

Fuh ah fella who hate violence in football, having lost a best friend to gang warfare at the end of a game. I see where where JC is coming from. I played for St. Francois Nationals from U12 all the way to the senior team and our supporters don't take shit from nobody, not even when we play Police. I've seen referees, opposing teams, opposing team supporters, etc. get into numerous altercations from our supporters in the savannah, mahica oval, PSA grounds, you name it. Is big stone, bottle, corner flag, whatever....nothing to be too proud of but if it was St. Francois playing trust me, according to JC somebody might've been under IV drops. Thanks god it wasn't my team in that fiasco.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 09:57:55 AM »
Thanks to the pressure on these threads, Fenwick who is a man who definitely follows the website, decided to come off his hot headed horse, distance himself from de Roy Keane, in-need-of-anger-managment type of behaviour and apologize to "little" Glen and fine himself. I like dah one  . Daiz a big victory people as de fans have de power to ruin a man reputation and he understands that. Well done forumites. Keep de pressure on anybody engaging in slackness. Local or foreign, player or coach. We eh go stand for it. Period  :beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
Thanks to the pressure on these threads, Fenwick who is a man who definitely follows the website, decided to come off his hot headed horse, distance himself from de Roy Keane, in-need-of-anger-managment type of behaviour and apologize to "little" Glen and fine himself. I like dah one  . Daiz a big victory people as de fans have de power to ruin a man reputation and he understands that. Well done forumites. Keep de pressure on anybody engaging in slackness. Local or foreign, player or coach. We eh go stand for it. Period  :beermug:

So is de forumites who put pressure on Fenwick that cause him to apologize? Fenwick eh 'fraid Jack... but he 'fraid de forumites ruin he good name LOL...

Allyuh men juss blinded by hate yes... smh

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
is just dem jablo fans full ah bugios supporters who doh want tuh dirty dey hands. if dat was carenarge united or st.francios nationals, dem byoi would still been up in the eric williams medical complex under IV drops.

JC,
     I disagree with you here. First of all we don't know how much fans was in the stadium. Like I said if it had a thousand or 2, we could not tell. But the way PR was getting on, it appears that there was not much fans in the stadium. This game played in Arima not Aranguez where their fan base is situated. 20 yrs ago I could see Jab fans going to Arima to see their team. Not this generation. Next things, Jab. from Bourg malatrasse/San Juan area. They ain't dirt poor but they ain't bourgoise as far as can remember.

Fuh ah fella who hate violence in football, having lost a best friend to gang warfare at the end of a game. I see where where JC is coming from. I played for St. Francois Nationals from U12 all the way to the senior team and our supporters don't take shit from nobody, not even when we play Police. I've seen referees, opposing teams, opposing team supporters, etc. get into numerous altercations from our supporters in the savannah, mahica oval, PSA grounds, you name it. Is big stone, bottle, corner flag, whatever....nothing to be too proud of but if it was St. Francois playing trust me, according to JC somebody might've been under IV drops. Thanks god it wasn't my team in that fiasco.

So leh meh ask all ah allya a SERIOUS question here today
this is for those who promoting a like response from Jab

"Are you ALL fed up of the violence/way things are in TnT?"
I have a response for your answer to this question
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:19:01 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2010, 08:33:26 PM »
I guess we learned that puerto ricans are just as brave as they are stupid.

as unnecessary as the gunshot.

Especially since half of them not even from Puerto Rico...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2010, 08:41:07 PM »
If you don't push back you're a coward bigger man than me.
fixed it. the check is in the mail.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2010, 08:42:58 PM »
I guess we learned that puerto ricans are just as brave as they are stupid.

as unnecessary as the gunshot.

Especially since half of them not even from Puerto Rico...

I/We are assuming that the instagators of this fracas are the Argentinian portion of this club. I have never heard of PRs behaving in this manner in football. I will say again, we should not paint a broad brush at the Argentinians. We love there skills. We in the Caribbean came benefit from it. We love their passion for the games. People on this site are fascinated by their players especially Messi. But we want no part of their bad behaviour. We have enough issues with yute behaviour in Caribbean to deal with it,  and then they coming to add more bad behaviour. Look go back home, oui.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »
I just watch this thing again...I just realize one of dem fellas push the Security at the two minute mark..then while another fella making monkey gesture to the crowd the security standing right next to him and eh doing nutten. The PFL site have about an extra minute of it and you could see dem men stoning the crowd and getting away with it. They were basically ignoring the guards.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »
The PFL site have about an extra minute of it and you could see dem men stoning the crowd and getting away with it. They were basically ignoring the guards.

The guards real lapse.  Those players shoulda been arrested for that.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
About a week later and this is a non issue./

You really have to wonder about the journalists in TT?

Can these men come to a match make racist taunts to the crowd and GET AWAY with it??

Maybe ppl right we tooooo relaxed in TT.

VB

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »
Relax my brothers, River has only two Puerto Ricans in the entire team, its a argi run team with the only thing puerto rican being their fan. This in no way reflex the attitude of Puerto Rican player or teams. The Islanders have gone to trini twice now and have had no mayor incident to date. We Islanders fans have nothing but the up-most respect for our trini brothers, they are a integral part of the team and will continue to be in the future as more trinis are rumored to be wanting to sign for the club. This is a regretfulness incident and makes both PR an Trini look bad, it already has been posted by mayor sport newsites all over the world.

But the Islanders and Bayamon FC are still concerned by any resentment created by this incident in the trini population towards puerto rican teams. Especially now that Uncle Jack has changes the final round from Puerto Rico to trini a day after the incident happened.

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »
The PFL site have about an extra minute of it and you could see dem men stoning the crowd and getting away with it. They were basically ignoring the guards.

This is something that perplexes me and I'm not trying to instigate anything but, where did the stones come from? Soccer pitches arnt suppose to have any stones on it or at least not big enough to even be noticeable?.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

This is something that perplexes me and I'm not trying to instigate anything but, where did the stones come from? Soccer pitches arnt suppose to have any stones on it or at least not big enough to even be noticeable?.
Relax my brothers, River has only two Puerto Ricans in the entire team, its a argi run team with the only thing puerto rican being their fan. This in no way reflex the attitude of Puerto Rican player or teams. The Islanders have gone to trini twice now and have had no mayor incident to date. We Islanders fans have nothing but the up-most respect for our trini brothers, they are a integral part of the team and will continue to be in the future as more trinis are rumored to be wanting to sign for the club. This is a regretfulness incident and makes both PR an Trini look bad, it already has been posted by mayor sport newsites all over the world.

But the Islanders and Bayamon FC are still concerned by any resentment created by this incident in the trini population towards puerto rican teams. Especially now that Uncle Jack has changes the final round from Puerto Rico to trini a day after the incident happened.

Intru, you misunderstood. I have no problem with PR. However, team management and the players themselves must be face the consequences just like in any other country. Was it really in the media world wide, I heard nothing. Perhaps that's my fallibility. Rest assured I have no problem with Puerto Ricans. I don't even blame the RP's management but they are responsible for their players and there should be some punishment levied against the team and certain individuals.

** Peong, I was wondering the same thing. And I think it might have been ice dey pelting. That's just my theory.

VB

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 10:47:36 AM »
Yes there is definatly going to be sactions on both side, I believe River will get the heavier fine/sanctions because of their racist remaks and more violent behavior.

What actually bothers me the most is the desicion to move the rest of the tournament to trini, right after the incident. What's the thinking behind this? Now PR teams have to carry a economical burden they where not expecting to, get visas on a short notice and it could also carry the justify or not fear of retaliation towards them because of being Puerto Rican. Security is a top concern it look like there wasn't enough security/police presence to control the situation.   

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »
Yes there is definatly going to be sactions on both side, I believe River will get the heavier fine/sanctions because of their racist remaks and more violent behavior.

What actually bothers me the most is the desicion to move the rest of the tournament to trini, right after the incident. What's the thinking behind this? Now PR teams have to carry a economical burden they where not expecting to, get visas on a short notice and it could also carry the justify or not fear of retaliation towards them because of being Puerto Rican. Security is a top concern it look like there wasn't enough security/police presence to control the situation.   

Our crowds are so small that and violence so minor that they probably didn't think to have more than the six that were on hand.

I don't think that the TT crowd is so ignorant to blame other PR teams for River Plate's ignorance.
But you never know....

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »
I figured it was mostly the Arg. players behaving in that manner. I know that I have never heard or seen such behaviour by PR teams before. So I and hopefully the rest of us are not lumping all PRs for that kind of behaviour.

Well with moving the final to TT with the stroke of a pen, what can we say. That is a dictatorial move, but after the behaviour of RP, the special advisor thinks it is justifiable.The ends always justifies the means. Punishment for bad behaviour. Jack don't want any crowd behaviour in PR to jeopardize his team chances of qualifying. I feel for the PRFF, because they have been working hard to improve PR in regional football and for a bunch of numb-skulls to derail their hard work is pathetic

i am almost sure their will be beefed-up security at Marvin Lee. As a matter of fact I think the CFU will have its membership work on improve security at the stadiums.

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2010, 05:49:52 PM »
I figured Jack would probably be concerned of any River Plate fan retaliation, they have a pretty well organized supporters group and could call up maybe a hundred people to come up to taunt Jabloteh. Which could also trigger clashes with Islanders fans as River Plate is our biggest rival, funny thing is we have never played against each other, but there alot of bad blood between fans. This is all hypothetically speaking.

It just sucks because of this we dont get to see the islanders play at home for over three weeks. Well atleast the Islanders are trying to bring their own recording and broadcasting team to record the games just incase anything happen and to provide the Islanders fans with a live feed to games in trini which have always be frustrating due to lack of media converge. Which also mean you trinis outside the island could have a chance to watch this games live.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 06:01:04 PM by Intru »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »
Intru... thanks for providing some perspective on how fans in PR are looking at the situation.  Many of us thought that indeed something was wrong about the reaction... we've never had any problems with Puerto Ricans before. As much as I think your question regarding the stones are valid... the behavior of the RP players is what prompted the fan reaction... their racist behavior would have provoked a riot had this happened anywhere but in TnT, where fan support is poor and even when people show up they tend to be very laid back.

Sad to say, but I think the change of venue for the return match is proper... this creates a financial hardship for RP but that is well-deserved... the team failed to control its players, look at the tape and you'll see they are the instigators of the brawl.  Also, to play in PR would be to invite the fans to attempt revenge at the Jabloteh game.  Your words seem to indicate that other Puertoriqueno sides similarly would suffer and if that's the case then it's unfortunate.  I think a neutral site would have been best... but there was probably a question of which neutral country would be able to host the rest of the games.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2010, 07:23:52 AM »
this story speading in the football website world.

the offside feature it with a reference to socawarriors.net.

http://www.theoffside.com/world-football/throwing-stones-haymakers-in-the-caribbean.html#more-18884

Offline Intru

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2010, 05:23:38 PM »
Its was also posted on Marca.com

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Report on CFU brawl today
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2010, 06:05:48 AM »
Report on CFU brawl today
T&T Guardian

Investigations into the brawl between San Juan Jabloteh and Puerto Rico’s River Plate earlier this month has been completed and a report is expected today, says Neville Ferguson, acting general secretary of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

Players from both clubs were involved in a brawl at the end of their Club Championship Group D decider, at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, on April 18 and following a match report by commissioner Boris Punch, the matter was discussed by the disciplinary committee.

The committee headed by Jamaican Captain Horace Burrell is expected to release its findings today ahead of next week’s Final Round tournament in T&T involving Jabloteh, Joe Public and Puerto Rican clubs, Islanders and Bayamon from Wednesday to Sunday at Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liK47tvT1Us&feature=related

seems like RP have this foolishness in their blood.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 12:02:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liK47tvT1Us&feature=related

seems like RP have this foolishness in their blood.

That's RP de Argentina... not the Puerto Rican pretenders.  And to be fair it would seem as though the coach from America de Cali instigated that incident.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »
TO:         President, San Juan Jabloteh FC (Trinidad &Tobago)
         President, River Plate F.C. (Puerto Rico)

Cc:         Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation
         Puerto Rico Football Federation

DATE:         May 6, 2010

SUBJECT:   DISCIPLINARY ACTION RE CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SAN JUAN JABLOTEH (TRINIDAD & TOBAGO) VS RIVER PLATE F.C. (PUERTO RICO) – LARRY GOMES STADIUM, 18TH APRIL 2010

Dear Sirs,

Re:   The above referenced subject, please be advised of the decisions of the Disciplinary Committee as stated hereunder:

1.   SAN JUAN JABLOTEH

1)   That a fine of Five thousand United States dollars (USD 5000.00) to be imposed on San Juan Jabloteh F.C.

2)   That the Club’s home venue be placed on probation, for a period of six (6) months.
Jabloteh’s home venue will be considered as any venue within the territory of Trinidad and Tobago.

3)   Player #18 Cyrano Glen be suspended for two games and a fine of Five hundred United States dollars (USD 500.00) to be imposed.

2.   RIVER PLATE

1)   That a fine of Ten thousand United States dollars (USD 10,000.00) to be imposed on River Plate F.C. and the Club be placed on probation for the remainder of the season.

2)   That the Coach, Fabian Zermatten of River Plate F.C. be suspended for five matches and a fine of Two thousand United States dollars (USD 2000.00) to be imposed.

3)   That a suspension of six (6) months and a fine of Two thousand United States dollars (USD 2000.00) to be imposed on Lucas Masilla.

4)   That a suspension of three matches and a fine of One thousand United States dollars (USD 1000.00) to be imposed on Jose Rodriguez.

5)   That #20 Raul Oswaldo Ruiz of River Plate F.C. be suspended for five matches and a fine of  Two thousand United States dollars (USD 2000.00) to be imposed

6)   That #10 Maximiliano Vallejo be suspended for 3 matches and a fine of Five hundred United States dollars (USD 500.00) to be imposed

7)   That #18 Jorge Alfredo Gonzales be suspended for 2 matches and a fine of Five hundred United States dollars (USD 500.00) to be imposed.

Please be further advised that these sanctions are to take effect immediately and all the fines are to be paid within 14 days of today’s date.

Please be guided accordingly

With kindest regards

Yours faithfully,

Sgd. Neville Ferguson
Ag. General Secretary
Caribbean Football Union

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »
good fuh dem!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2010, 03:48:30 AM »
Dem men over get off light.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »
Dem men over get off light.

True
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »
River Plate PR Held By Alpha United
Draw 0-0 in first leg of CFU Club Championship quarterfinal
USL News Release
Friday, April 15, 2011

LINDEN, Guyana – USL PRO’s River Plate Puerto Rico created more opportunities, but wasn’t able to take advantage as its opening leg of the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship quarterfinals against Guyana’s Alpha United finished in a 0-0 draw on Friday night at the MacKenzie Sports Club Ground.

The second leg is scheduled to be played on Sunday at GCC Bourda Park in Georgetown, Guyana at 3 p.m. EST. The winner of this contest will meet either Tempete from Haiti or Caledonia AIA from Trinidad and Tobago in the semifinals for a place in the CONCACAF Champions League.

After a balanced start to what was a physical game, the momentum began to swing River’s way as Alpha United was reduced to 10 men after a straight red card for a challenge on Julio Maya in the 38th minute.

River tried to take advantage of their additional player, but was unable to find a way to break down the Alpha defense, which sat back to try and absorb pressure. Despite that, River was still able to create chances, including a pair of good opportunities that could have given them a lead entering Sunday’s second leg, but they were forced to settle for a draw.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>