March 28, 2024, 06:48:31 AM

Author Topic: Ouch...We starring on the 'I Thought You Were Overrated And I Was Right' XI  (Read 3809 times)

The 'I Thought You Were Overrated And I Was Right' XI

1. Peter Cech: Can hardly catch a cold these days)

2. Gary Neville: Forget what I said earlier - one-paced and tiresome.

3. Wayne Bridge: After all the shenanigans about not playing for England, doesn't look like we'll miss him after all.

4. Michael Carrick: There is some kind of killer blow missing in Carrick - it's like he's a Geordie Tim Henman or summat.

5. John Terry: Could be outpaced by an overfed tortoise.

6. Geovanni: Remember him? Used to score spectacular goals when Mr Brown was in town and the future was orange.

7. Anderson: Have never seen him look like he knows what he's doing. Ever.

8. Jon Obi Mikel: Apart from giving away stonewall penalties and getting away with it, what does he offer?

9. Jason Scotland: You're a goalscorer, you're called Scotland. How's that ever going to work?

10. Kenwynne Jones: Looks imposing 'til he lets another sitter through his legs, when he looks like a bow-legged flamingo.

11. Michael Owen: Not entirely his fault, but the man needs to get working on his punditry persona quick-smart.

Manager: Rafa Benitez

From BBC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/robborobson/2010/04/itll_soon_be_time_for.html

Jason and Kenwyne in good company there. ;D

Ouch ... cyah really fight it tho ... thought the Scotland one was funny lol

 :rotfl: jeez and ages, sorry fellas but yea i agree with Ngozi, i not surprised...

I doh have any kinda liking for Man U but I have to say Carrick is a good player. Its a harsh call.

3. Wayne Bridge: After all the shenanigans about not playing for England, doesn't look like we'll miss him after all.

4. Michael Carrick: There is some kind of killer blow missing in Carrick - it's like he's a Geordie Tim Henman or summat.

6. Geovanni: Remember him? Used to score spectacular goals when Mr Brown was in town and the future was orange.

8. Jon Obi Mikel: Apart from giving away stonewall penalties and getting away with it, what does he offer?

9. Jason Scotland: You're a goalscorer, you're called Scotland. How's that ever going to work?

10. Kenwynne Jones: Looks imposing 'til he lets another sitter through his legs, when he looks like a bow-legged flamingo.

11. Michael Owen: Not entirely his fault, but the man needs to get working on his punditry persona quick-smart.

From BBC

Cech, Bridge and Terry should be nowhere near this list...this fella obviously hates Chelsea. Mikel...fair enough.

His Overrated XI would blowout either of his Fair Do's XI's any day of the week lol.

I doh have any kinda liking for Man U but I have to say Carrick is a good player. Its a harsh call.

He is..that's why he on the list cause he eh do nuttin this year. Gibson and Scholes playing better than him and putting him to shame when one should be too young and the next one should be too old.

When last u hear his name for England? they calling for a injured Hargreaves who eh play for the season to be on the plane before carrick now.

9. Jason Scotland: You're a goalscorer, you're called Scotland. How's that ever going to work? :rotfl: :rotfl: Not easy at all !

what a Pathetic piece written by a pathetic piece of shit..he get 4 men correct(Scotty,Jones,Anderson and Obi Mikel and all 4 are still very good players) .. where the f**k is Ballack?

Gary Neville's been Manchester United's number 1 RB for more than a decade and has been England's number 1 RB until now(rumoured to be selected in the England 23 for WC 2010)... So all those Coaches got it wrong?? Fergie's never tried to replace him...he bought cover eg Rafael .. He broke his ankle in 2007 and was out for 13 months... now he's United's number 1 RB at 35....

Legend..f**k you bbc

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:22:18 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

9. Jason Scotland: You're a goalscorer, you're called Scotland. How's that ever going to work? :rotfl: :rotfl: Not easy at all !

ent...a man and a whole country colleck a backhand in one stroke

what a Pathetic piece written by a pathetic piece of shit..he get 4 men correct(Scotty,Jones,Anderson and Obi Mikel and all 4 are still very good players) .. where the f**k is Ballack?

Gary Neville's been Manchester United's number 1 RB for more than a decade and has been England's number 1 RB until now(rumoured to be selected in the England 23 for WC 2010)... So all those Coaches got it wrong?? Fergie's never tried to replace him...he bought cover eg Rafael .. He broke his ankle in 2007 and was out for 13 months... now he's United's number 1 RB at 35....

Legend..f**k you bbc

Why yuh aint show d pic of neville kissing scholes after scholes score against city if yuh showing pics? lol!!!

Legend..f**k you bbc

Why yuh aint show d pic of neville kissing scholes after scholes score against city if yuh showing pics? lol!!!

lmao full on he damn mouth .... I could never be that happy when one of my boys score a goal lmao
My boy celebrate like that we go be fighting immediately! lol

ahhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhh iiii tttttttttt that is some burrn

Offline fish

• "Study the past if you would define the future"
Where is ah man like David Nugent?!

From BBC

How can you claim John Obi Mikel to be "overrated" when nobody rates him that highly? If anything he is underrated.  He plays a solid defensive midfield for Chelsea (out of his natural position) and has to compensate for the lapses of his teammates.....and please please PLEASE tell me what "stonewall penalties" he gets away with giving away? Cech and Terry?! Clearly you just want to hate on Chelsea but yuh makin yuh self look chupid now.

shit article, cyah believe this make it on a reputed site like the bbc.

aammmm
is a joke he coming with....since is only really EPL men
and to put men like
Cech, Neville and terry there jus sad

yes neville looking outta it most of the yr
and terry in a state last few months
but to say they overrated???  that jus showing ya age there...u probably now start to watch football dan

could call a whole lot more players that that and ya real wrong with some on this list..

But Small Mag.. ya REALLLL disappoint there jed.
i know ya vex wit Neville getting call in d mix...but apparently u only now see Ballack play a 2 or 3 games in ya life
u cah be serious??!?

Offline Jay10

Cech, Neville, Terry and Mikel will start on any side in the prem....wtf dis guy talkin about? plus Pamo and Zamora hav d same amount of goals...lol

aammmm
and to put men like

but to say they overrated???  that jus showing ya age there...u probably now start to watch football dan

could call a whole lot more players that that and ya real wrong with some on this list..

i know ya vex wit Neville getting call in d mix...but apparently u only now see Ballack play a 2 or 3 games in ya life
u cah be serious??!?

I was more talking about current Ballack since it seems to be a current EPL list

either way it is a shit article

Offline xixgon

aammmm
and to put men like

u cah be serious??!?

I was more talking about current Ballack since it seems to be a current EPL list

Mess.

aammmm
and to put men like

u cah be serious??!?

Mess.

Ballack and half of chelski are overated and over paid...

I know I go get some licks for this but here goes ... I wouldn't put Anderson on that list I think he has had problems adapting due to injury and such (and from what I see a lil drop in confidence) but that youth is going to be fire and he is not overated just had a hard time with injuries recently...... still very young I think he gonna be one of the best central mids in the world pretty soon ... that youth is fire.
Kinda harsh to put Ballack in there def past his prime but in his prime he put in his shift!

aammmm
and to put men like

u cah be serious??!?

Mess.

As is neville and nineteen twentieths of manu

I don't see how this made it on BBC. Mediocre wit, only a couple good picks, overly and unnecessarily harsh, and they leave out plenty overrated shitongs.

aammmm
and to put men like

u cah be serious??!?

Mess.

Yeah but we win a world club championship, uefa cup, been further than you all in 3 years and won de league 3 time in a row with those overpaid players... what's chelski piss poor excuse...?

Small mag, ah know yuh have yuh beef wid KJ, but in all fairness to him, the bredder don't belong on dat list, and so does obi mikel. i don't know what this journalist going on about, BC KJ  never had many sitters to begin with, and the ones he missed i could count on one hand.

as ah matter of fact, berber, bent, tevez, defoe just to name ah few, squandered much more easier chances this season alone than in KJ's whole EPL career.

obi mekel is another bad call. this bredder does not have ah glorious role to play, he is the garbage man on the team.

he does all the dirty work while fellas like drogba and maluda take all the glory. i've watched this guy played for two seasons, and i  ardently wished we TNT had ah defensive mid of his calibre.

he does what he's getting paid to do, and it works for his team, plus his positioning off the ball is priceless, his touches and skill level are phenomenal though not the best passer, but every one has their faults.

obi mekel is another bad call. this bredder does not have ah glorious role to play, he is the garbage man on the team.

he does all the dirty work while fellas like drogba and maluda take all the glory. i've watched this guy played for two seasons, and i  ardently wished we TNT had ah defensive mid of his calibre.

he does what he's getting paid to do, and it works for his team, plus his positioning off the ball is priceless, his touches and skill level are phenomenal though not the best passer, but every one has their faults.

Some of these men on here like barracuda.  They only attracted to shiny things.  Mikel have more talent and skill in his little toe than some of these haters' heroes (like rooney, scholes, gerrard and neville).  Chelsea are asking (if not demanding) that he play a role outside of his natural talent and position.  I would even beg to differ with you on your judgment of his passing.  He hardly loses the ball or gives up possession. and I have seen him make some deft passes to who seems to be his favourite target, Drogba, for quite a few attempts on goal this season alone.  With varied results.

aammmm
and to put men like

u cah be serious??!?

Mess.

Yeah but we win a world club championship, uefa cup, been further than you all in 3 years and won de league 3 time in a row with those overpaid players... what's chelski piss poor excuse...?

OK.  Chelsea has won nothing.  I give up.  You right.  That uefa cup really symbolizes the pinnacle of european football.   

Offline Jay10

Like all d ManU diehards forget who was the real star of the U20 WC which included Leo Messi.....And who was the player Fergie wanted so bad, but he chose Chelsea....needless to say...he will walk in dat ManU midfield presently...

He has not been the same since the CL final last year. So passive ; does not even dominate against lesser opponents. Can't shoot .