April 23, 2024, 05:14:27 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL Semifinal • Inter Milan v Barcelona • 20 Apr 2010  (Read 15365 times)

giggsy11

Re: UEFA CL Semifinal • Inter Milan v Barcelona • 20 Apr 2010
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »
Balotelli agent rejects transfer request claims

By Soccernet staff

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=775563&sec=europe&cc=5901

Mario Balotelli's agent has rejected claims the striker has requested to leave Inter Milan.

Gazzetta dello Sport reported this week that agent Mino Raiola had met with the club to announce that Balotelli wanted to leave the club following the events against Barcelona on Tuesday night.

"That is not true," Raiola told RAI Sport. "I have nothing to deny when it comes to something so obviously false. I have not even met with president Massimo Moratti this week."

Raiola, who said he would "defend the rights of my players at any moment and in any venue", had earlier suggested that it was the Inter fans who were at fault.

"Clearly he can't have been happy with those jeers," he told Telelombardia. "Will he apologise? I don't know. Maybe the fans ought to apologise to him."

It has also been reported that the player could seek legal action over the alleged 'bullying' Balotelli received from his team-mates. Raiola has played down those suggestions, although he warned that it was an option.

"I never said Balotelli was the victim of bullying, nor did I talk about taking legal action," he said. "I find it interesting that we're talking about bullying, because Goran Pandev arrived at Inter due to legal action he took against Lazio over bullying, so if you want to add one and one to make two, you can do that with Balotelli..."

Pandev joined Inter on a free transfer in January having been released from his Lazio contract. He had been frozen out of the squad after indicating his wish to leave the previous summer.

Meanwhile, former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has said he does not believe Balotelli will play another home game for Inter.

"Inter have not been able to learn how to manage the player, especially Jose Mourinho," he said on Football Italia. "You cannot bring the player on in the semi-finals of the Champions League, and then, after five minutes, start telling him off.

"These are the kind of things that will incite the crowd, which will see them whistle and jeer him. Balotelli just crumbled. If I was in charge of the player, none of this would have occurred. After what has happened, I don't see the player playing at the Meazza.

"Balotelli needs to learn to learn to be humble. He needs to learn that talent alone will not turn you into a champion. He needs to learn to behave himself."

It seems like he is saying the club needs to learn how to better manage the player and the player needs to manage him self better. Not sure if Jose has the patience to deal with youth men like Balotelli.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2010, 10:01:07 AM »
This is only my interpretation of things. In Italy the managers are changed so often, that their
only concern is the immediate result. Nurturing talent is not on the priority list. Look how very few
young players are used in the league. The coaches are not charged with building a club, or program
in the long term. Admittedly I may be way off here, its just an observation from the outside.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »
This is only my interpretation of things. In Italy the managers are changed so often, that their
only concern is the immediate result. Nurturing talent is not on the priority list. Look how very few
young players are used in the league. The coaches are not charged with building a club, or program
in the long term. Admittedly I may be way off here, its just an observation from the outside.

I remember watching Balotelli sweat for Inter's first team in a pre-season friendly almost 3 years ago, back when he was still a member of the youth academy. He must have been about 16 then. They have tried with Balotelli.

If you look at the Inter squad, men like Santon and Pandev have also come through the academy (Pandev left and came back).

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2010, 12:58:38 PM »
if ur employer or your customers started racially abusing you, you would just accept it cuz dey payin yuh salary? ::)

When did Inter fans racially abuse Balotelli?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »
I am curious to know if there are any interviews given by the young man regarding his behaviors, personal feelings as well experiences? If yes could you please post it?.

http://www.interpersempre.com/apps/blog/show/3023103-this-is-the-real-balotelli-the-entire-interview-with-le-lene

real laughing at the one comment at the end of the interview.. :rotfl:

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2010, 02:29:32 PM »

I remember watching Balotelli sweat for Inter's first team in a pre-season friendly almost 3 years ago, back when he was still a member of the youth academy. He must have been about 16 then. They have tried with Balotelli.

If you look at the Inter squad, men like Santon and Pandev have also come through the academy (Pandev left and came back).

Pandev look like he is about 50 lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »
.....amazing how men (and boys) coming on here and calling Balotelli a "waste"......for all the trouble he's alleged to be giving, he is still PRODUCING for Inter both as a supporting player and as a scorer.  If he wasn't, we would hardly be hearing about him from deep on the bench.......not to mention that he is playing at such a high level that Lippi struggling with the decision to include him for South Africa.  What a "waste" in trute. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>