April 24, 2024, 05:26:10 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL Semifinal • Inter Milan v Barcelona • 20 Apr 2010  (Read 15388 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: How to stop Messi!
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »
he eh no little magician... dat name only reserved for one man....
Yeah
he want to see Big Mag bad side :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL Semifinal • Inter Milan v Barcelona • 20 Apr 2010
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2010, 04:36:49 PM »
Special performance inspired by the Special one...

Inter knew Barca play high pressure when off the ball and they also keep their defense high...Inter played at a higher intensity and set up the foursome perfectly to hit Barca on the counter attack...

thoroughly deserved....second leg is gonna be epic

....King Leo?

Allyuh with the shit talk against Messi....if allyuh really watched the game, u wud have seen that Inter shut down most of Xavi's passing channels in midfield. He very rarely got a chance to pass the ball forward, which resulted in less service to Messi and the other forwards. On top of that, everytime Messi got the ball, he was surrounded by at least 2, sometimes 3 players, and still he hardly ever gave up the ball.

Inter simply got their tactics right, and executed very well. Besides their first goal when Inter's defence fell asleep, Barca really didnt create many chances until after Inter scored their 3rd, and made more of a commitment to defending their 2-goal advantage.

The tie is still not over anyways, as in the Nou Camp, any number could play. Should be a big one.

Again messi has showed alot of times that against a good tactically strong team and defensive setup, he struggles. i not taking nothing away from the man skill eh, is just an observation. This is the first real opposition Barca has played for the season IMO. and look what happen.

Sigh...if a team setup to neutralise your strengths? how good you gonna look?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »
For those who watched the game. Did it seemed clear that Inter wanted to exploit Danny Alves. It looked like Pandev played narrow and ran inside and then Schnider would run inside out and  go into the space vacated. Goal number 1 and then to set up goal number 3.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
This Balotelli have attitude...could bend and screw....

some fans were ganging up on him in d garage wen he was tryin to get in d car..apparently after d match he and fans were havin a go at each other in d stadium and he threw the inter milan shirt on d ground...now after that in d lockeroom materazzi and balotelli had a go at each other cuz materazzi aint like wa he do...d barca players were in their lockeroom an they was like wtf allyuh jus win an daz wa allyuh gettin on wit...?

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
I think Barca have enough to take the 2nd leg. My question though is why Guardiola continue to prefer Busquets to Toure. I eh sayin he is a shithound...but I jus eh feel he is d right quality. Any views...?
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
I think Barca have enough to take the 2nd leg. My question though is why Guardiola continue to prefer Busquets to Toure. I eh sayin he is a shithound...but I jus eh feel he is d right quality. Any views...?

You wouldn't believe, I've been asking the same question for the entire season! The man win 6 titles last season, so ah cyar really criticize him too much. But it seems to be Spanish men first with he.
Busquets is a good player, and offers speed,  but he is no Yaya Toure, in my opinion. Pedro playing well, but to consistently leave Henry on the bench so?? Not even a corbeaux sweat??

Ketch footballitis

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
How much of the long bus ride might have affected Barcas play?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »
i didn't see this coming.

unless inter go up 4-1 or 5-1, barca could still come back ez next week.

i wonder if jose riding the bus with them to spain for negotiations with real madrid.

"ah go take it here pep."

:rotfl: :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »

Inter knew Barca play high pressure when off the ball and they also keep their defense high...Inter played at a higher intensity and set up the foursome perfectly to hit Barca on the counter attack...

....King Leo?

Allyuh with the shit talk against Messi....if allyuh really watched the game, u wud have seen that Inter shut down most of Xavi's passing channels in midfield. He very rarely got a chance to pass the ball forward, which resulted in less service to Messi and the other forwards. On top of that, everytime Messi got the ball, he was surrounded by at least 2, sometimes 3 players, and still he hardly ever gave up the ball.

Inter simply got their tactics right, and executed very well. Besides their first goal when Inter's defence fell asleep, Barca really didnt create many chances until after Inter scored their 3rd, and made more of a commitment to defending their 2-goal advantage.

The tie is still not over anyways, as in the Nou Camp, any number could play. Should be a big one.

Again messi has showed alot of times that against a good tactically strong team and defensive setup, he struggles. i not taking nothing away from the man skill eh, is just an observation. This is the first real opposition Barca has played for the season IMO. and look what happen.

So when Barca had beat dem 2-0 earlier in the season, they wasn't "real" opposition then?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2010, 07:36:09 PM »

....King Leo?

So when Barca had beat dem 2-0 earlier in the season, they wasn't "real" opposition then?

nope  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
Fergie can resign at the end of the season; I want Jose at United as long as he develops youth and plays them.The man is a genius and just a wonderful motivator! Watch how Chow becomes a United fan as a result! We will win at least 2 CL when he take over.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:57:02 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
Fergie can resign at the end of the season; I want Jose at United as long as he develops youth and plays them.The man is a genius and just a wonderful motivator! Watch how Chow becomes a United fan as a result! We will win at least 2 CL when he take over.

Ah could only  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: at dah one!  Good one, Giggsy!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »
big result for Inter. good game. hopefully i get to see the replay. vex Et'o aint score one atleast though.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2010, 08:18:15 PM »
big result for Inter. good game. hopefully i get to see the replay. vex Et'o aint score one atleast though.
he delivering that package personally next week for them
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2010, 09:29:58 PM »
Mario Balotelli - irritating like Drogba, infuriating like Robinho - yet less talented than both.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kLCHY5k1an4&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kLCHY5k1an4&amp;fmt=18</a>

"Only one negative angle threatens to ruin the aftermath of Inter's success: Mario Balotelli, in for a tired Milito, was booed by the crowd after miskicking a pass and failing to hit the target on a speculative shot, and responded by insulting the fans and throwing his shirt away at the final whistle, something which Marco Materazzi, who has the unofficial role of squad enforcer, took strong exception to. Rumours of yet another dressing room confrontation ensued, and the coming days will again see Mourinho try to strike a balance between preparing his side for Atalanta and Barcelona while deflecting the inevitable questions about what even his team-mate Stankovic likened to one of his kids, behaviour-wise. Some praise." - ESPN Soccernet.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:11:01 PM by xixgon »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:37 PM »
Mario Balotelli - irritating like Drogba, infuriating like Robinho - yet less talented than both.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xgOmdha39g&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2xgOmdha39g&amp;fmt=18</a>

"Only one negative angle threatens to ruin the aftermath of Inter's success: Mario Balotelli, in for a tired Milito, was booed by the crowd after miskicking a pass and failing to hit the target on a speculative shot, and responded by insulting the fans and throwing his shirt away at the final whistle, something which Marco Materazzi, who has the unofficial role of squad enforcer, took strong exception to. Rumours of yet another dressing room confrontation ensued, and the coming days will again see Mourinho try to strike a balance between preparing his side for Atalanta and Barcelona while deflecting the inevitable questions about what even his team-mate Stankovic likened to one of his kids, behaviour-wise. Some praise." - ESPN Soccernet.

ignorant twat

He'll never have a successful career because of his piss poor attitude...If Berba or Eboue had his attitude people would have been murdered because the 2 of them get alot of stick...spoilt little brat ..adopted and still not gracious for the life he has ..a chance to really make something out of it... waste of f**king break

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »
Now tell me that is not a youth that need to get a dose of the Cyrano Glen treatment..

Schupit yute and it real huttin meh to see potential go to waste like that!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2010, 10:03:46 PM »
Now tell me that is not a youth that need to get a dose of the Cyrano Glen treatment..

send him to Blackburn on loan...Big Sam go sort he ass out

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »

What is wrong with being upset? Its just his way of showing it. Hopefully his attitude changes tho. and small mag...circumstance has nothing to do with how he supposed to act...maybe its that attitude that got him where he is..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:05 AM »
Rooney used to be cussin' referees left, right, center, up, down and every which way he could and manu fans NEVER used to come on here and talk 'bout he attitude. Now dey want to come on here talkin  'bout Balotelli and "gratitute" and wasting of "break" and a whole setta shyte.  I know too well how racist italian people could be before I start to judge this yute too harshly. Allyuh need to hush allyuh cyat because if he was doing the same ting in a manu shirt two ah allyuh cyat woulda be hushed! 

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:24 AM »
Is this a race thing?  At 25secs what is the man in the crowd shouting?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2010, 12:34:38 AM »
Is this a race thing?

As far as whatever experiences he may have endured to have developed the "attitude" he has? Could very well be.  I wouldn't put it past them italians.  

At 25secs what is the man in the crowd shouting?

Who knows?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2010, 12:38:41 AM »
Back to Inter Milan's "shutting down of Messi" and the idiot yutes that cyah wait to hate on him, after lookin' at the game, I would say the man who really denied him was Julio Caesar.  Messi had a couple very good shots on goal that were well saved by the 'keeper.  If he keep on knockin' on the door like that next week, he just might cause some problems for Inter.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:16 AM »

No idea what anyone is shouting, but I do think Balotelli perceives his critics to be giving him a hard time because he is black. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was correct. Fellow ignorants like Cassano never got treated like him.

But then again, keep in mind he has publicly announced that he is a Milan supporter  ::)

He needs to move to England.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2010, 03:22:43 AM »

No idea what anyone is shouting, but I do think Balotelli perceives his critics to be giving him a hard time because he is black. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was correct. Fellow ignorants like Cassano never got treated like him.

But then again, keep in mind he has publicly announced that he is a Milan supporter  ::)

He needs to move to England.

The racism and nastiness that is pervasive throughout europe is well documented as is uefa's kid-glove (or tacit) handling of the guilty parties and that's only the shit than is documented and known.  Who knows what this young boy's experiences may have been the jealousy and hate he might have to put up with under the surface and behind the scenes and how it may have shaped his perception.  I doubt that he's been given the kind of red carpet treatment a man like, say....rooney was given from day one.  What could have rooney's reason for his attitude have been early on?

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2010, 03:26:45 AM »
To comment on the game . . . . Mourinho wins round one . .. and as much as i want barca to lose (cuz they knock out my arsenal hahaha). . . barca this season has been a completely different team in the camp nou . . . if inter could conatin barca there . . .then they will have a chance. . .but if barca play (and more so messi) like they possessed like how they have done on many occassions this year . . . then inter in for a hard time.
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Mourinho: One of my favorite games of all time was T&T vs Sweden.
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »
Sympathy for the devil: Mourinho,
Inter will have plan for Barcelona, Messi
By Ray Curren (Set Piece Analysts).

“So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.”
- Dark Helmet

My expertise does not lie with either La Liga or Serie A, but – to me – the UEFA Champions League semifinal encounter between Barcelona and Inter Milan is absolutely fascinating.

On one side stands Lionel Messi, Pep Guardiola, and Barcelona, who stand for all that is right with the “beautiful” game. They score goals in bunches, play a free-flowing style, and are generally considered the most entertaining team in the world with the universe’s most entertaining player (this season by a wide margin), the aforementioned Messi.

Barca (even the shortened version of their name sounds cool) wears Unicef because they don’t need no stinking sponsors on the front of their kits, so they might as well make the world a better place. Even their club motto translates into “more than a club”, and no one was surprised when they chose pink for their alternate kits this season.

On the other – evil – side enters Inter Milan, coached by Jose Mourinho, who dubbed himself “The Special One”, and while admired for his success, is loathed for being arrogant and quotes like this while with Chelsea.

“Look, we’re not entertaining? I don’t care; we win.”

“1-nil to the Chelsea” was the favored scoreline of the Blues on their way to Premiership (but never European) glory.

(This conversation could also devolve into the differences of the wide-open Spanish league and the defensive-minded Italian league, but that may not be necessarily true anymore, even if public perception may continue in that vain).

Inter wears black and blue (what else?). They are sometimes called “the serpents”, and they have to share their stadium with the generally more popular AC Milan.

Good triumphed over all evil last season as Barcelona won everything in sight, including La Liga and the Champions League. But there was nearly a big hiccup, as in the Champions League semifinals, Mourinho’s old squad Chelsea (now led by Guus Hiddink) gave a performance Mourinho must have loved from afar.

Hiddink “parked the bus” to perfection in the first leg in Spain, much to the consternation of “beautiful game” lovers everywhere, getting a precious nil-nil. In the return leg, Chelsea got their goal early from Michael Essien, but had their hearts broken when Andres Iniesta scored deep into stoppage time, sending Barca through on away goals.

Good triumphed that time, but seemingly more often than not (outside of Hollywood, of course) evil takes the day.

I love “beautiful” soccer as much as the next, especially when coaching youngsters, but I must admit, there is a place in my heart for evil. I like to see Arsene Wenger squirm and Arsenal pass the ball 60 times without taking a shot. I like to see Stoke City suck the life out of games and win on a ball thrown 60 yards and tapped in for an own goal.

One of my favorite games of all time was in the 2006 World Cup when Trinidad and Tobago hustled and fouled and defended in front of their goal enough to get a 0-0 tie against Sweden.

I am also fond of Cameroon’s hack job of Diego Maradona to open the 1990 World Cup, a 1-0 upset. And, yes, I know T&T and Cameroon had a combined three red cards in those games.

I like Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho was paid handsomely to give Inter Milan the Champions League title. And he’s not about the let the fact that the other team is more talented and plays prettier soccer stop him. It’s never stopped him before.

Inter Milan and Barcelona were together in the group stage, and when the two teams met back in September, Mourinho decided his best option was to play – you guessed it – defensively, even though he was at home. The game ended 0-0.

Two months later, Barca got a 2-0 lead at the Nou Camp, but they were much more desperate at the time to get a result.

I drool at the psychology that Mourinho will try to employ with a few weeks to prepare for the conquering heroes.

You want a key matchup: how about Messi against Maicon? Lionel Messi, the guy who currently stands 5-foot-6 and is only that tall due to treatments he got when he was younger. Poor guy.

Then there’s Maicon, the Brazilian stopper who could probably play linebacker for some NFL squads (although he did prove he has some skill Friday against Juventus). Booooo.

Mourinho will also likely turn to defenders (see: goons) Walter Samuel, Lucio, Javier Zanetti, and Esteban Cambiasso to frustrate (see: foul) Messi at every turn, and do their best to turn beautiful into ugly.

But beauty, my friends, is in the eye of the beholder.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

giggsy11

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2010, 06:35:29 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xgOmdha39g&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2xgOmdha39g&amp;fmt=18</a>

ignorant twat

He'll never have a successful career because of his piss poor attitude...If Berba or Eboue had his attitude people would have been murdered because the 2 of them get alot of stick...spoilt little brat ..adopted and still not gracious for the life he has ..a chance to really make something out of it... waste of f**king break

Maybe the young man being adopted plays in his head and he does not feel like he is good enough hence the attempts at false bravado. He needs a good therapist; I wonder what led him to even play football and whether he even likes it. Nobody knows what is going on in his head or what his life has been like including being adopted. What was Adriano's problem or as Chow said Rooney's.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:41:55 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2010, 07:21:41 AM »

What is wrong with being upset? Its just his way of showing it. Hopefully his attitude changes tho. and small mag...circumstance has nothing to do with how he supposed to act...maybe its that attitude that got him where he is..

Hoss, maybe you haven't been following the whole Balotelli saga, but this is just the latest in a string of unsavoury incidents from him. From falling out with the coach on numerous occassions, to wearing an AC Milan jersey on a TV program to getting into altercations with fans... and now this, who in their right mind would rip off their team jersey and fling it on the ground in disgust??

The race and childhood excuse could only go so far before yuh get held accountable and people just chalk you down as a waste of time. This youth have so much potential and he on the brink of throwing it all away. I sincerely believe if he was to put his head down, ignore the nonsense and focus on the game, he would be a starter in that team and would make the Italy national team for the world cup. As it is, he's alienating himself and if is one thing I dont like to see is talent being thrown away.

In life, for every difficult situation you always have 3 choices:

1. Accept it and adapt
2. Change it
3. Refuse to accept it and move along

Now which one of those categories does his behaviour fall in to?

giggsy11

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2010, 07:36:42 AM »

Hoss, maybe you haven't been following the whole Balotelli saga, but this is just the latest in a string of unsavoury incidents from him. From falling out with the coach on numerous occassions, to wearing an AC Milan jersey on a TV program to getting into altercations with fans... and now this, who in their right mind would rip off their team jersey and fling it on the ground in disgust??

The race and childhood excuse could only go so far before yuh get held accountable and people just chalk you down as a waste of time. This youth have so much potential and he on the brink of throwing it all away. I sincerely believe if he was to put his head down, ignore the nonsense and focus on the game, he would be a starter in that team and would make the Italy national team for the world cup. As it is, he's alienating himself and if is one thing I dont like to see is talent being thrown away.

In life, for every difficult situation you always have 3 choices:

1. Accept it and adapt
2. Change it
3. Refuse to accept it and move along

Now which one of those categories does his behaviour fall in to?

Work on accepting it in order to move on.
Accept it and move on.
Don't accept it and stay stuck
There is a possibility he cannot handle who he is and what his life is about.

1]; } ?>