April 19, 2024, 06:35:50 PM

Author Topic: Women’s World Cup will showcase TT to the world.  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Women’s World Cup will showcase TT to the world.
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:02 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

One month after launching their volunteer programme for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Trinidad and Tobago 2010, the Local Organising Committee for the event is claiming that the number of applicants has already exceeded expectations.

As of last Friday, the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Trinidad and Tobago 2010 received just over 200 applications from prospective volunteers throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

This included over 50 applications to volunteer at the Official Draw for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup which is scheduled to take place in Port-of-Spain Trinidad in May and a further 150 for the tournament, which is scheduled to take place from September 5 to 25, 2010.

LOC officials are hoping to attract approximately 900 volunteers to assist during the tournament.

FIFA Vice President and Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Federation, Jack Warner said the committee and the TTFF are delighted with the phenomenal response and the enthusiasm from people to play their part in helping this country successfully host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.

“This event will allow us to showcase our talent to the world. We must show that this event isn’t about one team or one man, but it is about a nation. This event is for all of us. We will continue to encourage citizens to apply until May to ensure we have the strongest possible volunteer team to assist in all functional areas,” he said.

Warner added that “Language support, in particular, will be very important, especially when it comes to assisting foreign fans.”

For this tournament the Local Organising Committee has forged special relationships with the many of the country’s learning institutions.

Deputy CEO of the Local Organising Committee Nataki Kerr said the move to involve the schools was a “strategic one”.

“ One of the key success factors of this tournament will be our ability to leave a legacy with our youth. We must ensure that every young person feels a part of this tournament. By doing this, we hope to use sport to transform our nation.”

Volunteers will be required in areas such as transport, media, marketing, logistics, accreditation, spectator services, language support, administration and hospitality at the tournament’s five stadia and five host cities.

The Volunteers will undergo special training before the tournament. People interested to volunteer the tournament can apply at www.FIFA.com/tri2010 or contact the Office of the Local Organising Committee at 625-0301.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women’s World Cup will showcase TT to the world.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

LOC officials are hoping to attract approximately 900 volunteers to assist during the tournament.

best of luck
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

AirMan

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
Brazil has already qualified..Now New Zealand book dem place in the World Cup..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161636830

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 03:10:19 AM »
TT needs to be showcased in the best possible way,I dont know how they can spin that but it will take some doing.English people I know tell me about about the crime that is prevalent in TT,they also mention that tourists are not safe,people cant walk the streets after dark and rich Trinis and even poor hard working ones are killed for a pittance.I read the story of DeLeon and I would not believe we have such savages in Trinidad. :'(

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:47:14 AM »
Hopefully they start watering de fields so de women and them wouldn't be playing on pitch/concrete like surface.    :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
TT needs to be showcased in the best possible way,I dont know how they can spin that but it will take some doing.English people I know tell me about about the crime that is prevalent in TT,they also mention that tourists are not safe,people cant walk the streets after dark and rich Trinis and even poor hard working ones are killed for a pittance.I read the story of DeLeon and I would not believe we have such savages in Trinidad. :'(

Frico,
            I will advise the English that if they feel so unsafe they should not come to TT, period. Also they should sell  BP and  close their embassy and move out. The SAUTT, which is a division of the police service to deter crime is run by or assisted by the English. They should also leave because whatever advice they giving the police service is not working.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
Hopefully they start watering de fields so de women and them wouldn't be playing on pitch/concrete like surface.    :devil:

they could use this http://www.lawnlift.com/  :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

they could use this http://www.lawnlift.com/  :devil:

They could do whatever they want, if the fields do not get water the surfaces going to be bad for football. If by July/August and it  do not rain they may have to import water from Guyana. Or use desalinized water.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »
larry gomes feild was bad already, i hope they do over the whole pitch
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:58:33 PM »
Let's see if FIFA holds T&T to the same standards Nigeria was held to for the men's U-17. Who led the inspection team there again?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:31 PM »
INSHALLAH! :'(

Offline blurpleen3630

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:09 PM »
soo am i the only one who is bothered by the fact that there are no players from tobago on this u-17 womens team?? ah mean didnt tobago fc win WOLF last year??? no players from that team fit the criteria??

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:05 PM »
soo am i the only one who is bothered by the fact that there are no players from tobago on this u-17 womens team?? ah mean didnt tobago fc win WOLF last year??? no players from that team fit the criteria??

You might want to check the age of the WOLF toabgo only ladies as the U17's are a little too young for WOLF. Pellerud did put in two U17 national teams in WOLF (not sure how they ended up though). However U17's from tabago on the present U17 am not sure, but recheck your WOLF age stats. The Tobago team had many of the U20 and present seniors that are from Tobago (Forbes sisters just to name two come to mind).

Cheers   19

1]; } ?>