March 28, 2024, 06:33:03 PM

Author Topic: how yuh does cook thread  (Read 1783 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
how yuh does cook thread
« on: April 22, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
maybe it have a thread like this already that i didn't find, but I didn't brown my chicken enough and was wondering if anybody know how to get it browner, after you already cook it halfway.  I know back home my mother had a bottle of molasses, but was wondering if anybody else had any other ideas.
by the time I get a reply for this it go be too late, but a lot of times I have certain  cooking questions I wish I could ask on here.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: how yuh does cook thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
I neva did try to cook a 'thread'  :rotfl:

serious: I does use brown sugar in oil

look a recipe
5 Heat oil in a heavy pot, add sugar and garlic and let caramelize. Stir once or twice so that the garlic doesn't burn.
6 The sugar will go from the colour of peanut butter to a bubbling, dark, reddish brown. When the outer edges start to turn an even darker brown , add all the chicken to the pot.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Trinidad-Stewed-Chicken-190849
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »
I see people does have the chicken soaking water and green seasoning etc and throw everything into the pot at once and end up steaming the blasted meat lol
the trick to browning is to have the meat dry and put a few pieces in at a time..you will end up using less oil also
if yuh browning using sugar, forget bout putting in garlic/onion etc at the start cause it wont get hot enough to release the essential oils before the sugar caramelizes
if yuh using a browning agent like ready made caramel, add yuh oil and garlic/onion and some roucou, then add yuh meat piece by piece so the temp doesnt drop off too much, once the outside somewhat firm then add yuh caramel and adjust to how dark yuh like yuh meat lol
always add dried herbs at the start and fresh herbs at the end of the cooking cycle.

btw yes it have a thread already..it called  "Post ah Recipe"
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:34 PM »
Use a different pot and burn some more sugar, then put the meat you already cooking in there or vice versa.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »
Throw some soy sauce in it ,oh dim the lights before you eat .

ps me eint know how ppl could put one piece in at a time yah know especially when you have half pot of peices .
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:58:45 PM by Quags »

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »
put on a brown shades.... (Copyright to Touches)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:05:08 AM »

ha ha ha that was a classic  :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:11:40 AM »

ha ha ha that was a classic  :rotfl:

Allyuh killing me here dread :rotfl:

Quags on time in college I had to dim my lights to eat some corned beef and rice I messed up. Up to this day my roommate does still tell dat story and ketch real kix. Ah wish I knew about this website back then, I might of been able to get some tips ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:19:15 AM »
well yes.. glad for the piece of info..

most times when i cook a pelau or stew chicken, it does have a make or break moment in the browning process when i realize it either going and be best or it going and be a white man meal.. but nowadays i have a gravy maker molasses looking thing that does save the day..

i does always just throw in the chicken one shot so ah go try wha feliz say from now...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 01:55:11 PM »
well yes.. glad for the piece of info..

most times when i cook a pelau or stew chicken, it does have a make or break moment in the browning process when i realize it either going and be best or it going and be a white man meal.. but nowadays i have a gravy maker molasses looking thing that does save the day..

i does always just throw in the chicken one shot so ah go try wha feliz say from now...
eh try this what I learned from my girl . keep stiring the sugar when it start getting hot .you will have limitless control of what ever colour you want .

Another thing about putting one peice at a time ,seen them cooks on tv do it . But my moms teach me to bouchee <spelling> the meat .
Another thing trinis over cook beef ,really a stew or curry beef ,should take less than half hour .other wise the meat toughens.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:27 AM »
ban yuh belley and try not to make the mistake next time.

Is a learning experience.

But elan suggestion of a 2nd pot is a good one.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 07:58:36 AM »
Ladies and Gents... I'm giving away a KitchenAid 7-inch Santoku knife just for commenting on the latest recipe: http://caribbeanpot.com/flavorsome-curry-string-beans/

Feliz on point with adding few pieces at a time and remember to stir. PLUS.. make sure you season well and allow to marinate a couple hrs to get real flavour. Then after adding all the meat, cook for about 10-15 minutes (about 8 minutes covered and the ress on high heat uncovered) and burn off all the liquid that's formed. Make sure it dry and then add water for the final cooking.

1]; } ?>