June 16, 2024, 12:33:48 AM

Author Topic: Chile to face T&T in warm-up for Honduras  (Read 8984 times)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chile to face T&T in warm-up for Honduras
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 12:52:30 PM »
I respect Bielsa, but this is f**kery. I have seen Honduras play, and I DO NOT recognize Trinidad & Tobago in the catrachos.

True. But this close to the WC finals it's not easy for the participating teams to schedule their ideal friendlies. They probably figured that T&T plays in the same region as Honduras, so that's close enough.

Anyway, this will be strong competition for you guys. Chile has experienced a rebirth under Bielsa (I believe they play a 3-5-2, BTW) and the only team that finished ahead of them in WC qualification was Brazil. So it should be quite a test.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
Men's Senior Team to face Chile next month.
By: TTFF Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Senior National Team will play its first international friendly for the 2010 calendar when they travel to face World Cup Finalists Chile at the Estadio Tierra de Campeones in Iquique on May 5.

This was confirmed on Thursday following an invitation from the Chilean Football Federation as they prepare to face Concacaf neighbours Honduras in their World Cup encounter in Nelspruit on June 16.

Chile, ranked number 13 on the current FIFA rankings, finished second in the South American World Cup qualifying campaign with 33 points, one behind Brazil. Coach Marcelo Bielsa’s team will also play World Cup warm-ups against Northern Ireland and Israel with two different teams in two separate cities on May 30, local media said on Wednesday.

“It’s a great opportunity for us and significant in that it would in fact be our first match of the 2014 campaign. We see the opponent as world class being ranked in the top 15 teams in the world today and it should prove to be a very valuable international training affair for us,” team manager David Muhammad told TTFF Media.

Chile had canceled two World Cup warm up matches last month against Costa Rica and North Korea because of the earthquake that killed at least 700 people.

Bielsa has indicated that he is keen to try his team against T&T because of the two sides’ familiarity with each other in Concacaf.

Chile, which also meet Spain and Switzerland at the World Cup have appeared in seven World Cup tournaments and were hosts of the 1962 FIFA World Cup finishing in third place.

Bielsa used only home-based and South American-based players in Chile’s 0-0 draw with Venezuela last month and is likely to again have the likes of Boca Juniors defender Gary Medel, Flamengo forward Gonzalo Fierro and Argentinos Juniors forward Emilio Hernandez in his squad to face T&T as all of those players had been included against their South American neighbours. Chile’s top European-based players include Real Zaragoza forward Humberto Suazo, CSKA Moscow forward Mark Gonzalez and midfielder Carlos Carmona of Italian side Reggina.

T&T head coach Russell Latapy, following a break this week to accommodate the start of the Digicel T&T Pro League, will resume training sessions at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday evening. He is expected to announce his 18-man squad for the match in Iquique next week.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »
I respect Bielsa, but this is f**kery. I have seen Honduras play, and I DO NOT recognize Trinidad & Tobago in the catrachos.

True. But this close to the WC finals it's not easy for the participating teams to schedule their ideal friendlies. They probably figured that T&T plays in the same region as Honduras, so that's close enough.

Anyway, this will be strong competition for you guys. Chile has experienced a rebirth under Bielsa (I believe they play a 3-5-2, BTW) and the only team that finished ahead of them in WC qualification was Brazil. So it should be quite a test.
oh shit .No Joe pub and no jab players ,no overseas based .I shutting off my computer that day .

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »
I really wonder who Latas goin to call up.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 02:37:14 PM »
I really wonder who Latas goin to call up.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
Chile would not play if the overseas players arre not  available. Bobby Zamora might just make his debut for T&T. When we beat Chile it will be nostalgia all over.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 05:30:56 PM »
There are some overseas players to choose from. Ince, KJ, Carlos, birchal, Cornel?, Sealey, Roberts? But they are not household international names. Basically only KJ is the marquee player. Look pick some yutes for this game. I hope Latas call up O'garro.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
neither TnT or Chile can call up European contingent... local vs local

Hope the MLS boys can make it but I doubt

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 09:30:16 PM »
ill say it once and ill say it again.........YUH CYAH PLEASE A FACKIN TRINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 09:58:56 PM »
ill say it once and ill say it again.........YUH CYAH PLEASE A FACKIN TRINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
         You are so correct,we have been calling for games for our national team since the last campaign,we blame Latas,the TTFF,well don't talk for Jack he getting it left right and centre,alyu know these are the problems we going to have any time you say international games,it's not easy to organize training and set up a schedule of games for our national team includeing the foreign players on a consistent basis,it's almost imposible,i don't have the answer to how it could be done but we have been trying that for years.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »

We go all b happy when d ame play but 4give we 4 not bein excited bout aa game bein scheduled. Been there done that.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »

COSIGNNNNNN
EENNNNTTTTTTT
What else ah could say ahm.......YUH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
well how about seeing lets say 4 or 5 players in their international debut... i cool
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:29 AM »
It's about time the national team play a quality team...i hope we give them a good showing and not just show up...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 02:17:53 AM »

Chile will call up their players who play in Mexico since the league season ends this weekend. And probably the ones who play in Argentina and Brazil, too.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2010, 07:22:12 AM »

That's precisely what the federation did ... relied on a geographical inference, and the fact that we made it to the Hex, and were on display in '06.

As far as the 'test' ... there's something to be said for the recognition by several posters that the test is Chile-focused ... it's less about us and more about them, from the vantage point of our global prestige (in the loosest of definitions (dreamer forgive me nah). A test from our vantage point will only be useful if we travel to Iquique with a cast of characters that possess a meaningful national future.

Costa Rica would have been ideal for them ... haven't checked their itinerary to know whether they're booked that day ... nonetheless, it's great exposure for us (and RL) if we apply ourselves fully.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 07:23:30 AM »

Chile will call up their players who play in Mexico since the league season ends this weekend. And probably the ones who play in Argentina and Brazil, too.

Yuh cooking with gas Zeppo.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 07:51:04 AM »

That's precisely what the federation did ... relied on a geographical inference, and the fact that we made it to the Hex, and were on display in '06.

As far as the 'test' ... there's something to be said for the recognition by several posters that the test is Chile-focused ... it's less about us and more about them, from the vantage point of our global prestige (in the loosest of definitions (dreamer forgive me nah). A test from our vantage point will only be useful if we travel to Iquique with a cast of characters that possess a meaningful national future.

Costa Rica would have been ideal for them ... haven't checked their itinerary to know whether they're booked that day ... nonetheless, it's great exposure for us (and RL) if we apply ourselves fully.

ah was kinda wondering why they didn't opt for CR...maybe as some other poster said "they want a confidence booster" :devil:
say wah, ah not complaining  ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:53:21 AM by Boodsy »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
Of all d years .....tis is d worst time tuh play Chile...do we have a team? 

Will Latas come on in d 2nd half?  Will Yorke make ah guest appearance or will we Shaka in goal...

Unbelievable..this is what we needed before we began to play El Salvador in d first game...

Steups...tis aint makin no sense...ah shame
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Of all d years .....tis is d worst time tuh play Chile...do we have a team? 

Will Latas come on in d 2nd half?  Will Yorke make ah guest appearance or will we Shaka in goal...

Unbelievable..this is what we needed before we began to play El Salvador in d first game...

Steups...tis aint makin no sense...ah shame

There is never a 'worst' time to play a quality opponent.  When we talking about qualifying for World Cup finals, any quality opponent should be welcomed regardless of the players we have available.  As Big Mag say, maybe a few youngsters could get the experience... where else they go get it?? against Guyana?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »
maybe a few youngsters could get the experience... where else they go get it?? against Guyana?
Inexperienced youngsters? Yes, Guyana.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »
maybe a few youngsters could get the experience... where else they go get it?? against Guyana?
Inexperienced youngsters? Yes, Guyana.

Ah know yuh not serious and by the way, they already getting that in the Pro League.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
Baptiste and Glen will manners them. With Tinto and some of the locals that played against Mexico will be a good mix. Some under 23 standout and the rebuilding  process on the Journey to Brazil.
 Hope they dont call Ince- Scotland- Spann- Daniel.
 Foreign base- Samuel- James- Birchy- Roberts.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Baptiste and Glen will manners them. With Tinto and some of the locals that played against Mexico will be a good mix. Some under 23 standout and the rebuilding  process on the Journey to Brazil.

Nice positive vibes yuh creatin' Injun. But is Public allowing Baptiste to be available?  :'(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »

De side go hadda be total local and mostly inexperienced.
Baptiste - Has a CFU Club Champions clash against San Juan Jabloteh
James - Has a game against Kansas City Wizards
Birchall - Has a game against Colorado Rapids
Samuel, Collin - Has a game against Falkirk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:37:11 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
So who organize dem dates den? Is it a case of beggars cyah be choosers?  :'(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
So who organize dem dates den? Is it a case of beggars cyah be choosers?  :'(
       I think may be some of us getting tied up,this is not about T&T and all about Chile,there is nothing more than some exposure for our inexperience players to gain,you can see we get a chance to play a game and we grab it,again without any thought process involved.
       Chile going to use this to boost their build up,may be their squad is not finalized as yet,fringe players are still being looked at to complete the squad,experiment with different formations etc etc it's so much they can do with this game.
        We thinking about if we have a team to beat Chile when we can think about other things,that's our mentality where Football is concerned,we don't even have a team,does the Coach have a plan of how he going to approach this game or what he is looking for or what he hopes to accomplish from playing a game like this at this time,i could just hear the excuses pooring in after the game is over and who around knows it's the same old old talk you going to hear.     

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 06:36:14 PM »
Coops,
          You right. This game is more about Chile than TT. They going to the WC. Yes, they may be using us as cannon fodder, but what does it matter. Are we worried about our FIFA rankings if we get blown away by Chile?

I think we should use the young local players and possibly the  MLS(Glen, Sealey, Birchal, James) and US lower league  players(O'garro). Forget the English guys, except Jake Thompson, Roberts and Jay Lloyd, Juma Clarence. We need to blood the yutes now, now, now. This games is a friendly. Friendlies are the games where you should be making all the mistakes.  So bring it on.

I don't like to beat a dead horse. But who set up this game? Not Jack. Allyuh really believe Jack into football at this moment. The man into politics.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:43:43 PM by Deeks »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »
If necessity is the mother of invention
In this case make the most of whats available,consider it an opportunity for some of the younger players to gain some experince at a higher level,which could only serve us well in the long term,plus the coach gets some insight on an expansion of the pool of players for the next campaign,we may never have our best available,those who want to step in should be given the chance to make a case for themselves
I hope for a good game.....Give your best Warriors

Raspect

1]; } ?>