April 27, 2024, 11:39:21 PM

Author Topic: Leon notable omission from Latapy 20.  (Read 6019 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Leon notable omission from Latapy 20.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 11:05:58 PM »
ah have to agree with palos, experience with youth, but some new players need to be added to that current national team. the less caps these youths get is the less exposure and chances they will have abroad which is not good for our football progression

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 12:29:48 AM »
What happen to the players that played at the under 17 and under 20 WCs a few years ago? Not one make it to the senior level?

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 05:47:22 AM »
New blood without experience to guide them along will only learn to lose together.

I believe you need a blend of youth and experience in ANY national team.

People bawl how Germany was young & great in this WC and they were, but without men like Lahm, Mertersacker, Friedrich, Klose, Scweinsteiger, Podolski etc...who are ALL experienced international players, where would they have been?

T&T doesn't have a limitless talent supply.  We are not in a position to discard players like a Trent Noel who still have plenty to offer the national team.  The man was the PFL MVP 2 seasons ago.  Yuh cyah discard him jes so.

Besides....at least he seem to have he papers in order and doh have a ban on he enterin a particular country.

I'm not disagreeing with you... we are saying the same thing... All I am suggesting is that some players get a chance too, Trent immediately comes to mind...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 07:35:56 AM »
What happen to the players that played at the under 17 and under 20 WCs a few years ago? Not one make it to the senior level?

same thing i want to know too
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 07:48:12 AM »
New blood without experience to guide them along will only learn to lose together.

People bawl how Germany was young & great in this WC and they were, but without men like Lahm, Mertersacker, Friedrich, Klose, Scweinsteiger, Podolski etc...who are ALL experienced international players, where would they have been?

T&T doesn't have a limitless talent supply.  We are not in a position to discard players like a Trent Noel who still have plenty to offer the national team.  The man was the PFL MVP 2 seasons ago.  Yuh cyah discard him jes so.

Besides....at least he seem to have he papers in order and doh have a ban on he enterin a particular country.

same thing we was saying about yorke 4 years back after the WC and he played many seasons in the EPL  ... there is  birchall hyland  and leon that play  in noel's position and they are younger . Plus  birchall and hyland play at a higher level .... he is 34 and only played in the proleague time to move on  ... push/groom new blood
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 09:36:27 AM »
anything less than a 3 nil victory is considered a failure for me. i demand quality, no more 1 nil and 2-1 win over small teams. Mexico and d US could pull up a small team and give Antigua/Barbuda 10 GOALS why cant we.

I don't think we need such a victory, remember we playing an away match and we are a Caribbean nation. We need to represent the colors with dignity. A nice sound 2-0 or even a well fought 1-0 would do and not dishonor the home crowd, always respect your opposition no matter how small you think they are, on the field it's eleven versus eleven.  Even if there is a football god is rarely  credits the unworthy.

so what u saying...for away games you must not win by too much?...so since it is a home game for us anitgua approach is not to lose by too much from their perspective while ours will be to win by plenty since we at home.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »

same thing we was saying about yorke 4 years back after the WC and he played many seasons in the EPL  ... there is  birchall hyland  and leon that play  in noel's position and they are younger . Plus  birchall and hyland play at a higher level .... he is 34 and only played in the proleague time to move on  ... push/groom new blood

Neither Birchall nor Leon are better players at the moment than Trent Noel.

Besides, Birchall has club commitments with LA Galaxy.  Hyland trying to land himself a deal abroad.  Leon injured.  So how can Latapy pick any of the 3 for this game?  ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »
Besides, Birchall has club commitments with LA Galaxy.  Hyland trying to land himself a deal abroad.  Leon injured.  So how can Latapy pick any of the 3 for this game?  ::)

leh me fix that for u  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
Never supported Latapy as coach for T&T and never will, he picking d same players all d time. Cyrus played very well against Chile and lost his spot to dat shithound Aklie Edwards. We need a YOUNG team with a FEW experienced heads. I hope we dont qualify for the gold cup just so we can get rid of latapy. Peter Granville could pick a better national team than latas. Terry Fenwick is an ideal coach for us

you joking right ? I eh no latapy as coach fan but ..You now Peter Granville record ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
I eh know bout de entire team but I am betting that Keron Cummings makes de left side of midfeld his own ! man have to look elsewhere if dey want to play ...and I am including Keon Daniel in that losing battle against this yute.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »

The focus has to be on the right mix... Youth and experience yes, but QUALITY must compliment the system...

I am very surprised that we haven't gone to having "2 squads" of a bit of both, or have them all training together as a unit from time to time... something must give. Remember yeah, in time there will be a generation born, that will know nothing of the '89 squad, or the '06 unit...

We must use these examples, and progress from there...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
keston williams i thought was a better left back than edwards by far, but once again that is just my opinion  8)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »

Neither Birchall nor Leon are better players at the moment than Trent Noel.

i think some fellahs 4get that noel did very well as a holding mid previously and has the experience to hold that role, bc i believe they will push up theobald.

noel

tinto          bleeder          guerra      dont know whos playing left winger   

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »
There is that name again - Densill Theobald .................. noooooooooo........

I heard Leon is in the UK on trials.

Old man Trent still making we national team, in 2014 he should be about 40, like we looking for the next Roger Miller.

apparently they're ah dime ah dozen.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 01:32:12 AM »

same thing i want to know too
this probably means Zoran Vranes is not the assistant coach anymore

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »

Players who represented us in the 2007 U-17 World Cup and 2009 U-20 World Cup:
1. Glenroy SAMUEL (U-20, U-17)
2. Aubrey DAVID (U-20,  U-17)
3. Curtis GONZALES (U-20)
4. Sheldon BATEAU (U-20, U-17)
5. Akeem ADAMS (U-20, U-17)
6. Leston PAUL (U-20, U-17)
7. Kevin MOLINO (U-20, U-17)
8. Sean DE SILVA (U-20, U-17)
9. Jamal GAY (U-20)
10. Qian GROSVENOR (U-20)
11. Khaleem HYLAND (U-20)
12. Robert PRIMUS (U-20, U-17)
13. Juma CLARENCE (U-20)
14. Jean Luc ROCHFORD (U-20, U-17)
15. Uriah BENTICK (U-20)
16. Marcus JOSEPH (U-20, U-17)
17. Mekeil WILLIAMS (U-20)
18. Jake THOMSON (U-20)
19. Daneil CYRUS (U-20, U-17)
20. Andre MARCHAN (U-20)
21. Jesse FULLERTON (U-20, U-17)
22. Ryan O NEIL (U-17)
23. Brenton BALBOSA (U-17)
24. Aaron MAUND (U-17)
25. Stephen KNOX (U-17)
26. Daniel JOSEPH (U-17)
27. Stephan CAMPBELL (U-17)
28. Chike SULLIVAN (U-17)
29. Micah LEWIS (U-17)
30. Kern CAESAR (U-17)

Players who have earned senior caps: (# of caps in parentheses)
1. Akeem Adams (3)
2. Daneil Cyrus (1)
3. Jamal Gay (3)
4. Khaleem Hyland (27)
5. Sean De Silva (1)
6. Robert Primus (2)
7. Jake Thomson (2)

Players who were called up for the senior team, but have not featured in a match:
1. Leston Paul (University of South Florida)
2. Glenroy Samuel (Joe Public)
3. Andre Marchan (Joe Public)

Whereabouts of everyone else:
1. Brenton BALBOSA (don't know)
2. Sheldon BATEAU (San Juan Jabloteh)
3. Uriah BENTICK (Liberty University)
4. Stephan CAMPBELL (Austin Aztex, USA)
5. Kern CAESAR (don't know)
6. Juma CLARENCE (Hacettepe SK, Turkey)
7. Aubrey DAVID (FC South End)
8. Jesse FULLERTON (Iona College)
9. Curtis GONZALES (Ma Pau)
10. Qian GROSVENOR (University of Connecticut)
11. Daniel JOSEPH (don't know)
12. Marcus JOSEPH (Joe Public)
13. Stephen KNOX (Boston University)
14. Micah LEWIS (Joe Public)
15. Aaron MAUND (University of Notre Dame, switched allegiance to the USA)
16. Kevin MOLINO (Ma Pau)
17. Ryan O'NEIL (University of Great Falls)
18. Jean-Luc ROCHFORD (Ma Pau)
19. Chike SULLIVAN (Colorado School of Mines)
20. Mikel WILLIAMS (Ma Pau)

So basically 10 out of 30 players have been called up, which is not a bad amount. When you factor in that 9 have taken scholarships abroad, 1 has switched allegiance, and 2 play for foreign clubs, it doesn't have much left over.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkdGc1GDYVw

Nice... buh dey coulda leave out de special effects ting...
yes, idk what kinda child playing around with effects we have for a media officer

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »
nuff said by all...what time the game is being air...and could i see via the internet

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkdGc1GDYVw

Nice... buh dey coulda leave out de special effects ting...
yes, idk what kinda child playing around with effects we have for a media officer

Give de man credit..he trying a ting to enhance de viewing pleasure.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>