April 18, 2024, 06:43:26 PM

Author Topic: UEFA CL Semifinal • Barcelona v Inter Milan • 28 Apr 2010  (Read 25325 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wednesday, 28 April 2010, 2:45 Trinidad Time

20-04-2010 UEFA CL
F.C. Internazionale Milano 3-1 FC Barcelona

Current Form in the Champions League ONLY

FC Barcelona
home WLWWW

F.C. Internazionale Milano
away DWLWW

FC Barcelona have already beaten FC Internazionale Milano once at home this season and they need a repeat performance if they are to claim a place in next month's UEFA Champions League final.

• José Mourinho's visitors may have performed well on their travels in recent rounds but they lost 2-0 at the Camp Nou in November and have never won a semi-final away leg in Europe's elite club competition.
• The Italian champions hold the upper hand in the tie, however, despite Pedro Rodr?guez's 19th-minute strike at San Siro. Wesley Sneijder levelled on the half-hour, and second-half goals from Maicon (48) and Diego Milito (61) left Barcelona with plenty of work to do in the second leg.
• For two-time winners Inter, the goal is a first final appearance since 1972. Josep Guardiola's Barcelona, by contrast, are looking to take the penultimate step towards becoming the first team since Inter's neighbours AC Milan 20 years ago to win back-to-back European crowns.
• In a contest rich in sub-plots, Inter coach Mourinho returns once more to the club he served as assistant coach and he is not alone, with Nerazzurri players Samuel Eto'o, Thiago Motta and Ricardo Quaresma all having enjoyed spells at the Camp Nou.

AND NOW, (TO WIN) INTER!

Barça 3 – 1 Xerez

Barça’s “comeback” against Inter started as soon as the referee whistled the end of the match.

The team asks for a volcanic Camp Nou and promises that they will “leave their skin behind” (they will put everything into winning the game and qualifying).

The first one was won by Cruyff’s Barça

The second one was won by Rijkaard’s Barça

The third one was won by Guardiola’s Barça

The fourth one must be won by the fans.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL Semifinal • Barcelona v Inter Milan • 28 Apr 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
Go Inter.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:21 AM »
yeah. . . i hope inter could pull through . . but barca playin at home is a different scenario all together and now they behind so they have to do what barca does best and that is attack.. . but inter will get to do what they show they can do which is defend and counter. . . goin to be a very exciting match and i will real inter players and fans alike bumsy go be winkin. . . then again . .inter might surprise me and beat up on them again . .but i think that a highly unlikely scenario. . .
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:44 AM »
GO INTER!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:40:52 AM »
GO INTER!

BARCELONA..............but on serious ah curious to see wha jose have plan for dem today............ah kinda like both ah dem.......casual observer kinda way, so I goh be entertained edder way
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »
Barca 3 - Inter 0

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

BARÇA

24 hours before…

(on the shirt)

Barça vs Inter M.

Wednesday, April 28th
We’ll leave our skin behind.
Piqué summons Camp Nou’s power. “I want the Inter players hating their profession for 90 minutes”
Puyol and Iniesta are already wearing their Barça jerseys
Abidal and Sneijder, doubtful until the last minute.

Més que un club.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »
Inter scoring for sure.  Barca has not shown they could handle Inter's D.  Samuel, Lucio, Micon,  Beasts!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

giggsy11

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:22:19 AM »
Go Inter-lets see if Barca can make the adjustments!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:23:55 AM »

Inter Milan's Portuguese midfielder Ricardo Quaresma (L) Inter Milan's forward Mario Balotelli (C) and Inter Milan's Dutch midfielder Wesley Sneijder attend the official training session.

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 10:40:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K106_MmcO9c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/K106_MmcO9c</a>

Translation:
Iniesta: “A year ago against Chelsea, in the last minute we ‘left our skins behind’ and qualified [for the Champions League final]. Now, you and I, together in the stands, we will ‘leave our skins behind’ to again reach the final.”

Pique: “I have a dream: to play in the final. And to acheive it, we will leave our skins behind, wearing the jersey, me on the field and you in the stands, to turn Camp Nou into a blaugrana fortress.”

Valdes: “Wednesday, we will play for it all. We have to be brave! You will be the one other player leaving behind your skin, wherever you are.”

Puyol: “Wednesday I will be the captain of all who will play from the stands. I call you at eight to leave behind your skin, cheering on your teammates who will give it all to reach the final.”

Messi: “With you, we will be able to go out and attack. Wednesday, we will leave our skins behind to [achieve the] comeback.”

Xavi: “Wednesday it won’t matter if you are on the field, on the bench, or in the stands, because we will be one team; together.”

We will leave our ’skin’ behind to reach the Final. Wednesday at eight, everyone to Camp Nou dressed in RED and BLUE! FC Barcelona versus FC Internazionale. We will prevail!

Més que un club.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
De Mourinho mystique will be SHATTERED tomorrow
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 05:32:39 PM »
De Special One will become De Spatial One after de cutass dem go get in de Nou Camp tomorrow.

Stay tuned.... 8)

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Mourinho mystique will be SHATTERED tomorrow
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
De Special One will become De Spatial One after de cutass dem go get in de Nou Camp tomorrow.

Stay tuned.... 8)

Two camps on Mourinho.

The Mourinhophiles vs the Mourinhophobes.

I'm with you Palos but we'll see.
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
For me Barca is missing a spark plug and that plug is Iniesta. Overlooked because of Xavi and Messi, but when needed he has always been the difference. Just cast your mind back to the final last year. Iniesta was at his best and was actually responsible for bringing a very quiet Xavi into the rhythm of the game. Because of Iniesta, Xavi finds space and teams find it hard to close him down because when they do, Iniesta can both create with his passing and penetrate with his dribbling. He was and will be missed
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Mourinho mystique will be SHATTERED tomorrow
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 07:02:03 PM »

Stay tuned.... 8)

Well the "Special One" has already started with the mind games.

Which, incidentally, he is quite good at.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=778274&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

Mourinho: Barca "obsessed" with Bernabeu final

April 27, 2010

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho claims Barcelona's aim of winning the Champions League at the home of their bitter rivals Real Madrid has become an unhealthy obsession.

GettyImages

The steeped banks of the Bernabeu are one of football's greatest settings.

Inter lead reigning European champions Barca 3-1 after last week's semi-final first leg at the San Siro and Mourinho says a first European Cup title since 1965 would be a dream for the Italian side.

But for the Catalans,a triumph next month at the Santiago Bernabeu, home of Barca's fiercest adversaries, has more to do with obsession than a dream, according to the former Chelsea coach.

"When we came here in November (in the groups stages, when Barca won 2-0), the fans were already singing 'we're going to Madrid," Mourinho said. "What I want to say to my players is to follow the dream, not make it an obsession, because for us this is a dream and not an obsession - for Barcelona it's not a dream, it's an obsession.

"A dream is about pride and my players will be very, very proud to reach the final in Madrid, Moscow, London or wherever, but for them it is different - they reached the dream by winning the final in Rome, by winning the final in Paris. Now it's an obsession. And the obsession is called Madrid and Santiago Bernabeu.''

Mourinho worked as a translator and an assistant coach at the Catalan club under the late Sir Bobby Robson and Louis Van Gaal, and remembers what winning in Madrid means for Barcelona.

"I was at the (Copa del Rey) final between Betis and Barcelona in 1997 (when the Catalans won 3-2 after extra-time), I was there as a translator but I understood it - to see Catalan flags at the Bernabeu and hear people shouting Barca was a huge thing for them,'' he said.

"For Inter it is different - it has been more then 40 years since Inter's players have been in a Champions League final, so it is a dream for Inter's players and supporters. It's not my personal dream, because I have won the Champions League before and even though I want to win it again and again, it's a dream for Inter, not for me,'' he said.

Mourinho walked into the Nou Camp press room flanked by two burly bodyguards while his midfielder Thiago Motta was still addressing journalists. But the former Chelsea coach missed his player accusing Barca, his former team, of being divers.

"We are used to seeing Barca players who dive a lot,'' the Brazilian said, having opened the dialogue moments earlier by stressing the importance of "measuring what we say in such an important game".

"We are football players, we play clean, with the intention of playing really well and with the intention of helping the referee.''

Mourinho, who arrived shortly afterwards and stole the spotlight from his player as he sat down on the floor in front of his dark-suited minders, refused to believe Motta had said such a thing, but added fuel to the fire with further insinuations of gamesmanship in the Catalan ranks.

"The only thing I told my players was that I wanted them to support the work of the referee and if the Barcelona players want to do the same, it will be easy for the referee,'' he said.

Asked if the bodyguards were in place to protect him from a baiting Catalan crowd, Mourinho said the idea was a club decision. "I don't need them... I go to the bench and I don't think anybody will jump,'' he said. "I came in the bus, I went to the garage, met everyone who knows me from 13 years ago, and they are always very polite and nice to me. There is no problem, no drama, we don't need to go to war, it's a game of 90 minutes - it's something completely in reach of a top quality team.''

However, Mourinho confirmed former Portugal winger Luis Figo, a hate figure at the Nou Camp after leaving Barca to join Madrid as a player, will be alongside him on the bench tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, Holland midfielder Wesley Sneijder, who was reportedly doubtful with a thigh problem, trained normally on Tuesday and Mourinho said the former Madrid man will start against Barca. "Sneijder is okay and will play,'' Mourinho said. "He still has a little problem but he will play.''

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
time for E'to to score. although Barca busy tripple teaming him while letting the others score on them

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:03 AM »
time for E'to to score. although Barca busy tripple teaming him while letting the others score on them

Time for ibrajimovic to actually earn his f**kin' paycheck!!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »
Impossible is nothing:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ZmSxeVOt-Go&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ZmSxeVOt-Go&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Més que un club.

giggsy11

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 11:29:54 AM »

Time for ibrajimovic to actually earn his f**kin' paycheck!!

I read an article that said that the goalie ran more miles than Ibra for the game against Inter.

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »
what's the score people ???

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
what's the score people ???

no score after 7 minutes

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »
oh i thought the game started at 2pm

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:15:03 PM »
RED!!

Motta is out.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »
Look ting.

This is about to become even more one-way traffic
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
what a soft card , ref is shit, dais how barca playing because they cah win? stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
That is utter :bs:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 01:16:51 PM »
UEFA Semi-Final refereeing has been horrendous over the last few years... we see Barca being favored again..

all yuh does have the gall to say man u does get ref favoring dem..?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »
what a soft card , ref is shit

tends to get in the way, too. he already deflected 2 passes

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:17 PM »
Real sh!t

but Man U men should stay outta this ref favouring ppl ting... seriously
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
stueps ref spoil a good game. stueps FF.

d victory go be sweeter for inter, it go even out watch it
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:21:05 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>