March 29, 2024, 03:10:54 AM

Author Topic: UEFA CL Semifinal • Barcelona v Inter Milan • 28 Apr 2010  (Read 25248 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA CL Semifinal • Barcelona v Inter Milan • 28 Apr 2010
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »
Congrats to Inter on winning a nail biter with 10 men- the sending off was harsh and Barca's goal looked dodgy...so it hard tuh argue....it's one thing to have a defensive plan...executing it is another.

That said, call me old school but there's something about having a multi-million dollar star-studded roster park up in front of the goal to get a result, with no intention of getting forward that still doh sit 100% right with me.

Lucio for president!

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
Inter is not a defensive minded team... never wtf??? You got us confused with Ac Milan... Anyways the point is with 10 men and the lead it would be very tiring to push for an away goal without leaving gaps, they had to defend or lose in the end due to fatigue etc.

If Motta didnt get sent off maybe barca would of won the match in a bigger margin but inter would have an away goal for sure.

I think Bayern can beat inter and hold the advantage when it comes to physical play, they are a very toughly organized squad, lyon aint no easy team to beat at home eh keep that in mind.

I am jus proud of inter achievements, they beat the champions we are happy with that for now even if we lose in madrid.

Also remember Barca is a spanish club and this final is in madrid so expect limited support for the inter squad this saturday.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:02:47 AM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »
Amazing Stats:

Barca v Inter

Goals: 1 - 0

Shots: 15 - 1

Possession: 76% - 24%

Passes Completed - 555 - 67 (The entire Inter team combined had barely as many passes as the average Barca player)

Pass Success Rate - 94% - 54%

(And it wasn't just the red card...the stats for the first leg were very similar)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2010, 03:51:56 AM »
Has anyone read any kind of explanation about the sprinklers getting turned on as Inter were celebrating the victory on the field?

Sure looked like some really disgraceful sore loser behavior.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 03:53:58 AM by Zeppo »
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 04:07:33 AM »
Eto'o is a proven winner.. a champion.

Look at how he leave it all out there. Man was back in the defence throwing level blade. Thats why he's probably my favorite player.

On the other hand, Zlatan is a proven pop down.. Imagine your side need goals, you playing against 10 men and you playing so much shit that your coach have to haul you off on 60' to bring on Bojan.. When you'd think they need all the strikers on that they could have..

allyuh check out Jose after game antics? wham to victor valdes boy? and notice sprinklers come on as de game done lol..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XLb-ArR4mMA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XLb-ArR4mMA</a>

how shameful and low from a truly amazing team like barca.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 05:23:58 AM »
Figo made the trip to stick the knife in. As great a manager as Mourinho is he seems to induce feelings of hate and anger toward not only him self but his side. But he still knows how to give a good sound bite; miss his puppet show.

I will never coach Barcelona - Mourinho

RivalsDMPRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS Updated Apr 29, 2010 5:02 AM ET

Jose Mourinho admits he could never coach Barcelona after leaving the Catalan club's Champions League dreams in tatters on Wednesday night.

Inter boss Mourinho oversaw a 3-2 aggregate win following a 1-0 second-leg defeat at the Nou Camp after being almost constantly jeered by the home crowd.

Mourinho is disparagingly known among some Barca fans as 'the translator', having begun his journey in football management in that role alongside Bobby Robson at the Nou Camp in the 1990s, before working as a coach under Louis van Gaal for three seasons.

The Portuguese, who will now face his old mentor Van Gaal as Inter prepare to take on Bayern Munich in the final in Madrid on May 22, knows the chances of him ever landing the top job with the Catalan giants are now virtually non-existent.

Mourinho, who also crossed swords with Barca while in charge at Chelsea, did little to endear himself again to the club on Tuesday by claiming they were "obsessed" with reaching the Champions League final on the home turf of their bitter rivals Real Madrid, and the crowd reacted badly when he raced onto the pitch to celebrate Inter's aggregate success at the final whistle.

"I'm not stupid enough to think that this hate can be turned into love," he said.

"I respect Barca and and I'll never forget what the club gave me in the four years I was here, but something has been created around me that is hard to make positive," he said.

"It is clear that I will end my career without having coached Barca."

Wednesday night's match was the 10th between Mourinho and Barcelona in the last six years, with the Catalans having faced Chelsea on six occasions and Inter four times.

Six of those matches have come in knockout ties, with Mourinho having now eliminated the Catalans from Europe on two occasions.

"If I never beat them, they wouldn't hate me," Mourinho said.

And the Inter coach believes he is now more unpopular even than former Barca winger Luis Figo, who left the club as a a player to join Madrid and was never forgiven by the Catalan faithful.

"Figo (who returned to the Nou Camp last night as an ambassador for Inter) told me he was calm and relaxed because I was the one they hate now, because I was their new enemy," he said.

Bizarrely, Mourinho claimed the key to beating Barcelona was relinquishing possession at the Nou Camp.

"We didn't want the ball because when Barcelona press and win the ball back, we lose our position - I never want to lose position on the pitch so I didn't want us to have the ball, we gave it away," he said.

"I told my players that we could let the ball help us win and that we had to be compact, closing spaces," he added.

But things looked ominous when midfielder Thiago Motta was sent off after 28 minutes for Inter.

Motta, already booked, raised his hand and appeared to push Sergio Busquets in the neck, but the Barca midfielder went down theatrically holding his face and writhed on the ground in apparent agony between glances at the referee.

Motta was disgusted by the player's reaction.

"He always does it, I have seen it on TV and he is holding his face and then looking at the referee - it is terrible behaviour," he said.

Inter held on, despite playing more than an hour against 10 men, but Guardiola says his Barca side will bounce back.

"We lost to a great team and a great coach, but we want to win the league and we will be back - I have nothing to reproach my players for," he said.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:44:09 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2010, 06:12:09 AM »
Well, on the plus side....zlatan should be much improved next season....
No world cup.....he could be part of preseason where he could run. He go be able to re-evaluate he role in de team.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
Well, on the plus side....zlatan should be much improved next season....
No world cup.....he could be part of preseason where he could run. He go be able to re-evaluate he role in de team.

I dig your message underneath; very thought provoking and so true.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2010, 06:38:09 AM »
Fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for Barca
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2010, 06:44:33 AM »
Inter is not a defensive minded team... never wtf???

I was talking about last night.  Their plan was to protect the lead from minute one even with 11 men on the field.  Not saying that I blame them, I mean the game plan was somewhat obvious before the 1st whistle- just saying.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »
barca wet dem down. sprinklers in they ass.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2010, 08:14:41 AM »
barca wet dem down. sprinklers in they ass.

they aint looking too sad about it  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
Boy, like I cyah ketch meh phoqing self since yesterday.

Couple of points:
Iniesta was sorely missed, his link up play with Xavi thus freeing up Messi may have been a little too much for Inter.

Zlatan/Eto'o swap has to be the biggest heist ever. Scoring goals when they are handed to you on a platter is one thing but scoring the little half chances is the hallmark of a good striker which Zlatan cannot do. He is very static and seems to be getting into Messi's way. Maybe Moratti is interested in reversing that deal, who knows.

How disrespectful was Pique's goal, though offside, to give Cordoba and Cesar a wrong address was tantamount disrespect. Imagine the CB come up front and do what the first choice striker cannot do.

Jeffren has the makings of an excellent player, 2 footed and is willing to take on defenders one on one. A little more playing time and he will come along nicely. Bojan as well, should've started instead of that bill-goat called Zlatan. 

FIRE SALE on Zlatan in the off season. He is priced to go!!

Caption this pic:

All is not lost though, La Liga!!

Més que un club.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2010, 09:05:59 AM »
Congrats to Inter on winning a nail biter with 10 men- the sending off was harsh and Barca's goal looked dodgy...so it hard tuh argue....it's one thing to have a defensive plan...executing it is another.

That said, call me old school but there's something about having a multi-million dollar star-studded roster park up in front of the goal to get a result, with no intention of getting forward that still doh sit 100% right with me.

Lucio for president!

I think that was more due to the red card than anything else. Yes they were playing defensively from the beginning, but they were trying to attack on the counter as well. After going down to 10 men they aborted the counter attack as well. JMHO
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »

How disrespectful was Pique's goal, though offside, to give Cordoba and Cesar a wrong address was tantamount disrespect. Imagine the CB come up front and do what the first choice striker cannot do.

I surprised hardly anybody mention this... That goal was bossssss!! On the replay he doesn't even look up before he issue de 180 degrees move that send cordoba and the keeper skating in the wrong direction.. Real bess goal.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »
Mourinho is a very bright man and will be crowned a genius of a coach what ever happens.

But this sounds far fetched even for him.

Bizarrely, Mourinho claimed the key to beating Barcelona was relinquishing possession at the Nou Camp.

"We didn't want the ball because when Barcelona press and win the ball back, we lose our position - I never want to lose position on the pitch so I didn't want us to have the ball, we gave it away," he said

If its true then he is indeed a genius, but surely its more risky to have Barca in possession.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2010, 09:13:01 PM »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2010, 09:16:09 PM »
Mourinho is a very bright man and will be crowned a genius of a coach what ever happens.

"We didn't want the ball because when Barcelona press and win the ball back, we lose our position - I never want to lose position on the pitch so I didn't want us to have the ball, we gave it away," he said

If its true then he is indeed a genius, but surely its more risky to have Barca in possession.

Just another way of saying that they (Inter) never bothered developing a ambition to try to attack Barca to risk getting caught out of position on the counter.  In other words "park de bus."

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »

MMMHMMMMM!! My Money Ha- Ha! 45 Mil and Eto'o for Ibra Ha Ha Ha!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »

Just another way of saying that they (Inter) never bothered developing a ambition to try to attack Barca to risk getting caught out of position on the counter.  In other words "park de bus."

Yeah but ent the possession stats were the same for the 1st Leg...and Inter one 3-1. So there must have been some strategy behind it.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
possesion...vz..position...this man is out of this world....
Ali did not go toe to toe with Foreman///rope ah dope..its now called history//
the special one is special....he is taking detail and tatics to a new level
that statement will take special minds
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15:10 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
yeah a goh take dat ;D ;D ;D pep dem treat eto'o real bad I find so .................. ;D and I like barca
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2010, 09:34:28 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »

Biggest heist ever.It is like if yuh cheating in the Football Manager game and you add a manager to buy a shithound for plenty money.

I trust any Barcelona home grown player than that goat.

giggsy11

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »
possesion...vz..position...this man is out of this world....
Ali did not go toe to toe with Foreman///rope ah dope..its now called history//
the special one is special....he is taking detail and tatics to a new level
that statement will take special minds

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »

AH man now talk meh on facebook with this.

I cuss up he mudda plus all how!!

Més que un club.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
Balotelli finally cracks under the pressure of fan taunting and media speculation - but find surprising support:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qoOMdTDG2ek&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qoOMdTDG2ek&amp;fmt=18</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

I surprised hardly anybody mention this... That goal was bossssss!! On the replay he doesn't even look up before he issue de 180 degrees move that send cordoba and the keeper skating in the wrong direction.. Real bess goal.

real boss goal. and a defender!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>