April 29, 2024, 01:23:11 AM

Author Topic: eX jUSTICE Volney  (Read 20104 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: eX jUSTICE Volney
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:14 AM »
It real interesting that ah man who's name is becomming an electoral 'issue'....must be limin on bondi beach blissfully unaware that it even have elections in trinidad
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
I understood your point, I did not make my clear, sorry.  It was aberrant in MY view as he totally disregarded a qualified opinion and freed a man erroneously.  Then his frens and dem, who now on de same UNCOP platform agreed with his decision, only for the Privy Council to say dey was wrong.

sorry.

Still interested in knowing what the court of appeal said, or was they bypassed for the privy council?

I told you that Sharma and de rest ah dem say Volney was right..den the State took it to the highest court which ruled Volney erred

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:36 PM »
I understood your point, I did not make my clear, sorry.  It was aberrant in MY view as he totally disregarded a qualified opinion and freed a man erroneously.  Then his frens and dem, who now on de same UNCOP platform agreed with his decision, only for the Privy Council to say dey was wrong.

sorry.

He didn't just disregard Des Vignes' opinion... he disCREDITED it.  He went out of his way to investigate, call his own expert witness (he's not a party to the case, nor should he be helping either side) and discredit a witness.  Real bizarro world thing.  Yeah it was a clear departure from procedure.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

sorry.

Still interested in knowing what the court of appeal said, or was they bypassed for the privy council?

I told you that Sharma and de rest ah dem say Volney was right..den the State took it to the highest court which ruled Volney erred

so is not volney alone who erred in this instance, but rather our panel of judges failed, so then y all the attacks on volney alone? Maybe all of our judges are tainted?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
so is not volney alone who erred in this instance, but rather our panel of judges failed, so then y all the attacks on volney alone? Maybe all of our judges are tainted?

If you don't understand why Volney being "attacked" then something wrong in your head.  The Appellate panel didn't step outside their roles to compromise a trial... they merely found some b.s. justification for Volney's actions.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2010, 01:51:39 PM »

If you don't understand why Volney being "attacked" then something wrong in your head.  The Appellate panel didn't step outside their roles to compromise a trial... they merely found some b.s. justification for Volney's actions.
it other words, they defending the indefensible and should be chided as well?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

Maybe....maybe the whole damn judicial system is a bunch a Volney's waiting to reveal themselves.....look Sammy yuh trying real hard.....yuh is a obvious opposition supporter, but come on nah man, take off yuh blinders for a bit and admit that Kamla make a big mistake in choosing this man....or rather he may have been foisted on her......hhhhhmmmm....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2010, 02:54:31 PM »

Fella... their actions weren't nearly as egregious as Volney's.  To top it off, is not them who now have the gall to leave the judiciary and immediately start campaigning for a political position.  If you have some argument to make as to why they're just as bad as Volney then let's hear it.

truetrini

« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
well dem were opposition judges mostly anyway...so who knows what de fack was going on..Sharma come CJ after lol

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2010, 04:07:16 PM »

Fella... their actions weren't nearly as egregious as Volney's.  To top it off, is not them who now have the gall to leave the judiciary and immediately start campaigning for a political position.  If you have some argument to make as to why they're just as bad as Volney then let's hear it.

so judges in T&T dont vote and dont hold party cards? whats to say that they are not biased in the first place?
I ask again, how long should he have waited before he ran? Please enlighten me.
Also, have there not been situations like this in the country before thus setting a precedence ?

---

Brown sugar, lol i not wearing any blinders. If u saying that due to the negative publicity kamla made a mistake then you could be right but that is left to be seen.
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:54 PM »

so judges in T&T dont vote and dont hold party cards? whats to say that they are not biased in the first place?
Also, have there not been situations like this in the country before thus setting a precedence ?

---

Brown sugar, lol i not wearing any blinders. If u saying that due to the negative publicity kamla made a mistake then you could be right but that is left to be seen.

Yuh real pushing it, de ink wasn't dry and he get nominated, highly inappropriate even Kamla said she should have waited.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2010, 04:51:01 PM »

---

Yuh real pushing it, de ink wasn't dry and he get nominated, highly inappropriate even Kamla said she should have waited.

TC, u your self said :
well dem were opposition judges mostly anyway...so who knows what de fack was going on..Sharma come CJ after lol
so what difference does it make if he got nominated right after he resign see that there are impartial judges on the bench?
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:12 PM »

of course they do... but they usually don't wear their politics on their sleeves.

How long after retiring should football referies wait until they reveal their club allegiances?  Lemme know if yuh confused by the question so that I could point yuh to de explanation.

There have??  Can you name another former judge/justice who ran for political office or who endorsed a political party/candidate soon (or even long) after leaving the bench?

so what difference does it make if he got nominated right after he resign see that there are impartial judges on the bench?

The difference is that you call the impartiality of the judiciary into question because it makes it seem as though there was a pre-existing relationship between him and the party he now seeks to represent.  But I already explain all of this... if you didn't find it persuasive then you probably won't now, so I won't waste either of our time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:56:26 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2010, 05:15:34 PM »

of course they do... but they usually don't wear their politics on their sleeves.

How long after retiring should football referies wait until they reveal their club allegiances?  Lemme know if yuh confused by the question so that I could point yuh to de explanation.

There have??  Can you name another former judge/justice who ran for political office or who endorsed a political party/candidate soon (or even long) after leaving the bench?

The difference is that you call the impartiality of the judiciary into question because it makes it seem as though there was a pre-existing relationship between him and the party he now seeks to represent.  But I already explain all of this... if you didn't find it persuasive then you probably won't now, so I won't waste either of our time.

see? all a allyuh saying the man shoudla wait, but no-one willing to tell me how long. lol
(Muslim)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

see? all a allyuh saying the man shoudla wait, but no-one willing to tell me how long. lol

Well....i could say 20 minutes probably eh enuff time.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »

That is because common sense is something you either have or you don't have... others can't share what they have with you.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2010, 06:35:10 PM »

That is because common sense is something you either have or you don't have... others can't share what they have with you.

lol...take win bredda.....he choulda wait some time right? lol ok bright man. u win.....he should wait some time.
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2010, 07:06:48 PM »
lol...take win bredda.....he choulda wait some time right? lol ok bright man. u win.....he should wait some time.

Is not a matter of being "bright"... if out ah de blue you and yuh wife mash up one day, and next day BAM yuh pick up with ah next woman... yuh doh think that will appear shady to de wife and de casual on-looker?  Whereas if yuh wait fuh some time tuh pass before yuh move in wid de new doolahin it wouldn't look as bad, no? 

It eh have no mathematical formula to tell you how long yuh should wait... that is something common sense should tell you, yuh eh have to be bright to figure dat out.

truetrini

« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Is not a matter of being "bright"... if out ah de blue you and yuh wife mash up one day, and next day BAM yuh pick up with ah next woman... yuh doh think that will appear shady to de wife and de casual on-looker?  Whereas if yuh wait fuh some time tuh pass before yuh move in wid de new doolahin it wouldn't look as bad, no? 

It eh have no mathematical formula to tell you how long yuh should wait... that is something common sense should tell you, yuh eh have to be bright to figure dat out.

Usa an analogy with ah rotten latrine seat Bakes............he go get dat!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

how u think it would appear to the outside woman and she chirren and all who think they might have a chance to benfit from it? would they care?  ;)
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2010, 07:49:02 PM »
how u think it would appear to the outside woman and she chirren and all who think they might have a chance to benfit from it? would they care?  ;)

I guess that's where you and the rest of us disagree... you putting de interests of de outside woman and she chirren over the interests of yuh marri'd wife.  Just as Volney putting his own selfish political aspirations over the reputation of the judiciary.  To each his own.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »

I guess that's where you and the rest of us disagree... you putting de interests of de outside woman and she chirren over the interests of yuh marri'd wife.  Just as Volney putting his own selfish political aspirations over the reputation of the judiciary.  To each his own.

the reputation of the judiciary is already of biased.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:55:40 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

They were appointed by the then government and after losing to PNm..what de f**k I trying to explain to you, yuh done decide already..why de facking debate?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »

They were appointed by the then government and after losing to PNm..what de f**k I trying to explain to you, yuh done decide already..why de facking debate?

all i simply trying to show allyuh that u cant get away from the fact that all of them politically link one way or the other no matter what - daiz all.
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »

all i simply trying to show allyuh that u cant get away from the fact that all of them politically link one way or the other no matter what - daiz all.

errrr...everyone has already accepted that FACT!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
It real interesting that ah man who's name is becomming an electoral 'issue'....must be limin on bondi beach blissfully unaware that it even have elections in trinidad
if yuh mean boyce he right in trini...he only left for a couple years following the trial
Back in Trini...

truetrini

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2010, 08:14:08 PM »
if yuh mean boyce he right in trini...he only left for a couple years following the trial

eh heh?  Papers and everyone saying he resides in Australia still.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »
he went aussie for a lil while..but that was not where he was based for long..he back in trini for couple years now
Back in Trini...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2010, 11:10:52 PM »
I see he put up a patch up website to clean up his PR.. lol That American stratagist aint know the man on the street don't be on the internet. Is mostly the foreign Trinis.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:14 AM »
he went aussie for a lil while..but that was not where he was based for long..he back in trini for couple years now

hmmm....

cant we use dna or something to re-open this case and convict?
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>