April 25, 2024, 06:14:33 AM

Author Topic: eX jUSTICE Volney  (Read 20005 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
eX jUSTICE Volney
« on: April 29, 2010, 05:05:18 PM »
 just wanna let u guys know that hubert volney will be on cnc 3 live @ 8 tonight.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

AirMan

Re: eX jUSTICE Volney
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
record it...then post it later .. :beermug:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 05:59:44 PM »
Dey used to call dis man "justice"? steups.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
record it...then post it later .. :beermug:

unfortunately i dont have a tv card  :-\
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
He basically said that he felt he needed to leave the judiciary to help effect the changes needed in that system.  He said while he was not a PNM party card holder, he voted PNM for every election except 1986.  But he say he like hundreds of thousands of PNMites are turned off by Patrick Manning and are not voting PNM this rounds but the UNC/COP.

He says he doh trust Manning he trust Kamla.  He say Manning harden.  He say Dr. Eric Williams was hard of hearing but had the humility to get hearing aids so he could hear.  Manning on the other hand refuses to get hearing aids....

hhhhhmmmmm....what else.....he say something like he wasn't in discussion with the UNC for any protracted length of time (huh??)...

He call Manning a liar for the claims he made on the platform last night.  He say he eh have nutten to hide and that he house mortgage to Scotiabank and as of right now he unemployed and have to find money to pay he mortgage month end like everybody else so he eh know where Manning getting the impression that he has some improper dealings financially...

Dais all ah remember....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
He basically said that he felt he needed to leave the judiciary to help effect the changes needed in that system.  He said while he was not a PNM party card holder, he voted PNM for every election except 1986.  But he say he like hundreds of thousands of PNMites are turned off by Patrick Manning and are not voting PNM this rounds but the UNC/COP.

He says he doh trust Manning he trust Kamla.  He say Manning harden.  He say Dr. Eric Williams was hard of hearing but had the humility to get hearing aids so he could hear.  Manning on the other hand refuses to get hearing aids....

hhhhhmmmmm....what else.....he say something like he wasn't in discussion with the UNC for any protracted length of time (huh??)...

He call Manning a liar for the claims he made on the platform last night.  He say he eh have nutten to hide and that he house mortgage to Scotiabank and as of right now he unemployed and have to find money to pay he mortgage month end like everybody else so he eh know where Manning getting the impression that he has some improper dealings financially...

Dais all ah remember....
Them fellas good yes.

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:14 PM »
also said that he is still not a member of the unc....kamla has a soft touch..
did i hear right that he met her for the first time today at screening?
when asked what position he wanted if the uncop wins, he said anything PM kamla offer
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
also said that he is still not a member of the unc....kamla has a soft touch..
did i hear right that he met her for the first time today at screening?
when asked what position he wanted if the uncop wins, he said anything PM kamla offer

This same unemployed fella ?

AirMan

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
Video Footage Former judge Herbert Volney explains his decision..http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=20374

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:13 AM »
Video Footage Former judge Herbert Volney explains his decision..http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=20374
Hmm! some telling words and even the media are major players in the whole mix
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 05:09:01 AM »
he goin up against some seasoned politicians for d unc ticket for st joseph...how was he so sure that he wud be given the nod unless he was given the guarantee after some serious protracted negotiations..

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 06:53:03 AM »
he goin up against some seasoned politicians for d unc ticket for st joseph...how was he so sure that he wud be given the nod unless he was given the guarantee after some serious protracted negotiations..

so you really beleived that BS? kamla stated on the platform that HE WAS THE CANDIDATE

Feature address by Hon Kamla Persad-Bissessar

Leader of the Opposition, MP for SipariaPolitical Leader of the UNC

On 28th April, 2010 at Croisee, San Juan/Barataria

My brothers and sisters tonight I want to put this election in its proper perspective. As you all know by now justice Herbert Volney resigned from his distinguished post as a judge to contest the general election as a UNC candidate.

If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 07:02:10 AM »
Well Tony & Dale interviewing Jones P. Madeira now and Mr. Madeira says Mr. Volney is a bald faced liar!!...He said when he spoke with Mr. Volney, the goodly judge denied the reports that he was leaving the judiciary.  Volney had said last night when Mr. Madeira called him he told him it was none of his business...

Madeira say its amazing the depths to which people will go to get into political office....He say is about time politicians stop operating on the premise that politics has a morality of its own.....

Kamla gyal, ah think yuh just swallow a grenade!!!....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:04:06 AM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 07:12:31 AM »
Can someone explain what, if any wrong was done here?

Ah man say he care bout the country and leff he wuk to try and make a difference. Power to he and anyone else who feel they can make a difference. Can TnT get any worse?

Patos destroying a good thing.. country and party!

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »
Well Tony & Dale interviewing Jones P. Madeira now and Mr. Madeira says Mr. Volney is a bald faced liar!!...He said when he spoke with Mr. Volney, the goodly judge denied the reports that he was leaving the judiciary.  Volney had said last night when Mr. Madeira called him he told him it was none of his business...

Madeira say its amazing the depths to which people will go to get into political office....He say is about time politicians stop operating on the premise that politics has a morality of its own.....

i was totally shocked by what came out in this interview.
and these are the same people, if you are in their courtroom and yuh lie...they want to kill you.
If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:02 AM »

yuh need go no further than the brad boyce case an d other questionable decisions while he was on d bench to know dat
I pity the fool....

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:22:13 AM »
Dr Narinesingh case, which also had some suspicious rulings as well?

Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 07:30:36 AM »

Ah man say he care bout the country and leff he wuk to try and make a difference. Power to he and anyone else who feel they can make a difference. Can TnT get any worse?

Jumbie, examine dis man's behaviors nah..In any country with proper governance he wouldn't be able to do dis shit.  And he suspect as a judge too

DAT SAID...when Patrick and dem did have Sharma jumping, and Panday in jail nobody cry interference..do so doh like so..

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 07:33:03 AM »

Mr Volney didnt do anything wrong or unconstitutional, but according to martin daly, president of the JLSC, he has put the entire judiciary into disrepute by the fact that within hours of resigning as a judge, he went into politics.

In my opinion, aspersions will now be cast upon his past judgements. I think that just as there is a 10 year period you must wait if you leave the justice system and want to come back in...there must be a waiting period if you come off the bench and want to enter the political arena. remember justice must not only be done, but must be seen to be done.

my 2 cents.
If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
Dr Narinesingh case, which also had some suspicious rulings as well?

Remember he and Ramadhar wear T&T flag ties talking about the preservation of justice in the country

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »

Justice must be independent or seen to be independent (ah think dais the saying)......his move was too, too close to his being a judge and his jumping on a political platform.....that is the crux of the matter....

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 08:19:27 AM »
DAT SAID...when Patrick and dem did have Sharma jumping, and Panday in jail nobody cry interference..do so doh like so..

........ah was thinking that same thing, ah feel Patos realise we does forget quickly....Patos' move (re Sharma) to me was direct judicial interference so he cyar be throwing stone in a glass house now.......

I just remember why I eh have no choice this election......*sigh*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 08:29:08 AM »

Justice must be independent or seen to be independent (ah think dais the saying)......his move was too, too close to his being a judge and his jumping on a political platform.....that is the crux of the matter....

Ok.. but

how does this prove that his decisions were not independent? (asking to better understand this) Also, are there rules in place that governs a judge from going into politics? Time frame etc?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »

........ah was thinking that same thing, ah feel Patos realise we does forget quickly....Patos' move (re Sharma) to me was direct judicial interference so he cyar be throwing stone in a glass house now.......

this was a snap election, therefore he had to jump off the bench and into the politics immediately.You want him to wait how long? 1 or 2 years? what will he do for that period?

Another thing, please explain to me any possible reason y he went into politics other than what he is saying. Remember he had total privacy being a judge and couldnt be investigated by the Integrity commission, so if he leaving to be in bobol is a big risk he taking. ALso, high court judges make more money than MPs.

I am not a lawyer, nor a judge to know about the intricate details regarding the brad boyce case when it comes to the law. Remember Volney can only rule on evidence based on the law and the law alone not his personal feelings. It easy for me and u to say a man guilty, but he dosent have that luxary. He may very well know that a person guilty, but if proper procedure was not followed then he have no choice but to let a person go free.
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 10:03:59 AM »
Another thing, are judges allowed to vote?

When they vote, arent they biased towards a party of choice?
(Muslim)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 10:14:25 AM »

this was a snap election, therefore he had to jump off the bench and into the politics immediately.You want him to wait how long? 1 or 2 years? what will he do for that period?

Another thing, please explain to me any possible reason y he went into politics other than what he is saying. Remember he had total privacy being a judge and couldnt be investigated by the Integrity commission, so if he leaving to be in bobol is a big risk he taking. ALso, high court judges make more money than MPs.

I am not a lawyer, nor a judge to know about the intricate details regarding the brad boyce case when it comes to the law. Remember Volney can only rule on evidence based on the law and the law alone not his personal feelings. It easy for me and u to say a man guilty, but he dosent have that luxary. He may very well know that a person guilty, but if proper procedure was not followed then he have no choice but to let a person go free.

how much u about the boyce case....... even d privy counsel had grave concerns about d way he handle dat and dem had d same evidence he had..................QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER INDEED HE IS!
I pity the fool....

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »

Actually Volney instructed the jury to come back with a not guilty verdict, based on his reasoning that patholist Dr hughvorn Des veignes was not a forensic pathologist. This was later challenged by the state and it was proven that indeed he was.
What is interesting is that Dr Des veignes is a high ranking TOP official in Tobago!!
If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
Sammy boy, yuh didn't have to have any legal training whatsoever to know something was wrong about what went down in that Brad Boyce case.  Ah sure if yuh do some digging yuh goh find info on that whole thing....take a read and see....

On the question of independence, I remember when Gillian Lucky was appointed a judge (wasn't that supposed to be temporary?) I had a  ??? moment.   After all, didn't she campaign openly for the UNC and COP in the past two elections?  Yes she was out of the political limelight for about 1 year after 2007 but still....

Also, another magistrate resigned about 2 - 3 weeks ago and offered himself up for screening by the UNC for this upcoming elections.  The thing is I don't remember anyone making a hue and cry about it....

I think a lot of the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Volney issue is as a result of

1. People never forgave him for that Brad Boyce fiasco (not his only controversial ruling but the most memorable one).
2. People done think the coalition thing on shaky ground, to add a controversial figure to the mix like Volney is just asking for trouble.
3. It makes Kamla look like she preaching one thing (integrity, accountability, openess, good governance etc. etc.) and practicing something else.  And yuh coalition done on shaky ground.

I know the man eh commit no crime but I still think Kamla swallow a grenade....in any event by election day we goh forget cuz ah sure between now and the 24th Patos goh but he foot in he mouth, the man just can't help himself.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »

Actually Volney instructed the jury to come back with a not guilty verdict, based on his reasoning that patholist Dr hughvorn Des veignes was not a forensic pathologist. This was later challenged by the state and it was proven that indeed he was.
What is interesting is that Dr Des veignes is a high ranking TOP official in Tobago!!

if the state won the case against volney, then shouldnt/couldnt the state retry Boyce?

edit: ok did some reading and it was judged that he did make an error.
heres the link with the post script
http://www.privy-council.org.uk/files/other/The%20state%20v.%20Brad%20Boyce.final-rtf.rtf

so my question is, did he do it cause he was/is biased ? or did he make an error?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:15:01 PM by sammy »
(Muslim)

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
The Privy cousil also said that the time passed was too long therefore the eyewitnesses memories would not have been clear so they said he could not be retired.

Volney always doing shit

1]; } ?>