March 28, 2024, 06:50:00 AM

Author Topic: eX jUSTICE Volney  (Read 19775 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: eX jUSTICE Volney
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
if the state won the case against volney, then shouldnt/couldnt the state retry Boyce?

edit: ok did some reading and it was judged that he did make an error.
heres the link with the post script
http://www.privy-council.org.uk/files/other/The%20state%20v.%20Brad%20Boyce.final-rtf.rtf

so my question is, did he do it cause he was/is biased ? or did he make an error?

.......or something else so sinister I dare not allow myself to speak or type it.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
DAT SAID...when Patrick and dem did have Sharma jumping, and Panday in jail nobody cry interference..do so doh like so..

........ah was thinking that same thing, ah feel Patos realise we does forget quickly....Patos' move (re Sharma) to me was direct judicial interference so he cyar be throwing stone in a glass house now.......

I just remember why I eh have no choice this election......*sigh*

this was a snap election, therefore he had to jump off the bench and into the politics immediately.You want him to wait how long? 1 or 2 years? what will he do for that period?

Another thing, please explain to me any possible reason y he went into politics other than what he is saying. Remember he had total privacy being a judge and couldnt be investigated by the Integrity commission, so if he leaving to be in bobol is a big risk he taking. ALso, high court judges make more money than MPs.

I am not a lawyer, nor a judge to know about the intricate details regarding the brad boyce case when it comes to the law. Remember Volney can only rule on evidence based on the law and the law alone not his personal feelings. It easy for me and u to say a man guilty, but he dosent have that luxary. He may very well know that a person guilty, but if proper procedure was not followed then he have no choice but to let a person go free.

Actually Volney instructed the jury to come back with a not guilty verdict, based on his reasoning that patholist Dr hughvorn Des veignes was not a forensic pathologist. This was later challenged by the state and it was proven that indeed he was.
What is interesting is that Dr Des veignes is a high ranking TOP official in Tobago!!
It seems as if politics is the destination for self actualization in T&T

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
if the state won the case against volney, then shouldnt/couldnt the state retry Boyce?

edit: ok did some reading and it was judged that he did make an error.
heres the link with the post script
http://www.privy-council.org.uk/files/other/The%20state%20v.%20Brad%20Boyce.final-rtf.rtf

so my question is, did he do it cause he was/is biased ? or did he make an error?

.......or something else so sinister I dare not allow myself to speak or type it.....

race/ bribe?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

AirMan

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »

Volney Addesses the Media

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Sh64twfusf0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Sh64twfusf0</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »
someone please come up with a reason y this man would leave his sanctity of judicial office to risk it all where he can be probed and must make financial declarations.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2010, 07:10:15 AM »
someone please come up with a reason y this man would leave his sanctity of judicial office to risk it all where he can be probed and must make financial declarations.
Judges and magistrates have to make declarations to the JLSC.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
Reginald Dumas has called the move an inappropriate one and that Kamla has shot herself in the foot by taking on this man......

If I were in the St. Joseph constituency, I wouldn't have been able to bring mih self to put an X next to this man's name....all I would be thinking is Brad Boyce, Brad Boyce, Brad Boyce.......
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:28:39 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »

I really dunno what world Sammy living in... how else would we be able to guard against corruption of the judiciary if there were no way to monitor their extra-judicial income?  The info just isn't public knowledge, but that doesn't mean there aren't disclosures.  Me personally, this move by Volney is highly suspect and critics are right that it casts the judiciary in a negative light.  Everyone knows (although we easily forget) that judges are citizens as well and have their own political agendas.  However the goal should be to minimize the focus on one's personal politics.

For those who still having a hard time seeing the impropriety of his actions let me use an analogy:  imagine a high-ranking EPL referee resigning he wuk one week to go take up a job with a big club days later.  The natural reaction would be to think that there was some pre-existing relationship between him and the club while he was still active as a ref, and before he quit.  Immediately this would draw scrutiny to any match that he officiated involving his new employer-club.

By not allowing for the passage of some time between his posts it gives rise to the assumption that there was a pre-existing relationship between Volney and the UNC/COP or whatever it is they calling deyself.  The passage of time between posts would at least create the pretext (if not reality) that the relationship was formed after his resignation.  At best it shows extremely poor judgment... something that's anathema to the judicial profession... any sort of poor judgement by a judge/ex-judge reflects badly on the profession... let alone poor judgment such as this where the impartiality of the judiciary is now being questioned.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 02:30:57 PM »

I really dunno what world Sammy living in... how else would we be able to guard against corruption of the judiciary if there were no way to monitor their extra-judicial income?  The info just isn't public knowledge, but that doesn't mean there aren't disclosures.  Me personally, this move by Volney is highly suspect and critics are right that it casts the judiciary in a negative light.  Everyone knows (although we easily forget) that judges are citizens as well and have their own political agendas.  However the goal should be to minimize the focus on one's personal politics.

For those who still having a hard time seeing the impropriety of his actions let me use an analogy:  imagine a high-ranking EPL referee resigning he wuk one week to go take up a job with a big club days later.  The natural reaction would be to think that there was some pre-existing relationship between him and the club while he was still active as a ref, and before he quit.  Immediately this would draw scrutiny to any match that he officiated involving his new employer-club.

By not allowing for the passage of some time between his posts it gives rise to the assumption that there was a pre-existing relationship between Volney and the UNC/COP or whatever it is they calling deyself.  The passage of time between posts would at least create the pretext (if not reality) that the relationship was formed after his resignation.  At best it shows extremely poor judgment... something that's anathema to the judicial profession... any sort of poor judgement by a judge/ex-judge reflects badly on the profession... let alone poor judgment such as this where the impartiality of the judiciary is now being questioned.
A fitting comparison. Volney's actions confirms the degree of political contagion in our legal system.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:57 AM »
TT "wag the dog" story.
Live large and prosper!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
while Volney was giving his speech protesters was the most present
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

yeap and he called for their arrest and jack called them DOGS...I will definitely not be voting UNC come this election...That was probably the man's family..They held candles and stufff..really touching!!!

AirMan

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

Link to LIVE UNC Rally   http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161651332

A group of protestors have arrived... They are booed. Volney has called for the police to remove them. Their posters read, "Remember Brad Boyce?........" Volney said they cannot take the fire from him. The invasion by the protestors, he said is the PNM’s way of dealing with opposition.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

yeap and he called for their arrest and jack called them DOGS...I will definitely not be voting UNC come this election...That was probably the man's family..They held candles and stufff..really touching!!!

I doubt it, but Kamla swallow a grenade on this Volney thing....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »

dunno dred. my neighbour is real close to the johnson family. he told my dad he didnt recognise any of them. could be cousins or something if any at all but he said if they were planning on doing something like that they would have told others about it about it so he would have known. he also said they're not very vindictive people so i really think its some PNM BS.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 09:39:25 PM »

All yuh tink d electorate so sophisticated.

dunno dred. my neighbour is real close to the johnson family. he told my dad he didnt recognise any of them. could be cousins or something if any at all but he said if they were planning on doing something like that they would have told others about it about it so he would have known. he also said they're not very vindictive people so i really think its some PNM BS.

So if it was Johnson family it woulda b aceptable but if d ave Joe who maybe pissed by Volney have 2 b PNM BS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
THEY WELL ORGANIZED WITH WELL PRINTED PLACARDS.to be random citizens

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:36 AM »
have a right to protest a crooked judge

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 03:40:43 AM »

So if it was Johnson family it woulda b aceptable but if d ave Joe who maybe pissed by Volney have 2 b PNM BS

My thoughts exactly. Allyuh feel is only the Johnson family that have a problem with volney?? I know a whole lot of Tobagonians who want to cuss him for wha he say about des vignes.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 04:34:09 AM »
lol

airman bring the video of the protest fast nah - try to get cnmg version.

It clear that it was a political ploy. Printed placards, lol. I wouldna mind it it was real, but come on, the reporter tried to interview the protesters and no one wanted to talk, except one fella who was roughed and dragged off by another protester. Since when protesters dont want to speak to the press? that happens when u are there not knowing the reasons for the protest, not knowing what the placards state and to cause trouble. This coulda turned out violent.
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 04:40:45 AM »

you saw the footage and the reporter trying to get an interview? if u did, u would know that this was not for brad boyce but a political ploy.
(Muslim)

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2010, 05:14:51 AM »
lol

airman bring the video of the protest fast nah - try to get cnmg version.

It clear that it was a political ploy. Printed placards, lol. I wouldna mind it it was real, but come on, the reporter tried to interview the protesters and no one wanted to talk, except one fella who was roughed and dragged off by another protester. Since when protesters dont want to speak to the press? that happens when u are there not knowing the reasons for the protest, not knowing what the placards state and to cause trouble. This coulda turned out violent.

so wha yuh saying sammy that these people illiterate?
If...
Ken Gordon say so

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2010, 05:39:36 AM »
Signal, I like yuh signature.....it could make a good slogan on a juzzy!!...... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »
TT "wag the dog" story.

on point!

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010, 06:17:00 AM »

De man really bring a dead rubber snake to a political rally..what a ting !!
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2010, 06:18:24 AM »

you saw the footage and the reporter trying to get an interview? if u did, u would know that this was not for brad boyce but a political ploy.
A political ploy to highlight the actions of a candidate. They are perfectly entitled to do so. There is nothing wrong with it.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »

A political ploy to highlight the actions of a candidate. They are perfectly entitled to do so. There is nothing wrong with it.

true true...but it coulda turn ugly with the protesters bussing through the crowd in front the stage.
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2010, 06:31:20 AM »

One of the reasons I keep saying Kamla swallow a grenade on this.........
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:30 AM »

what was that about?

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 06:34:46 AM »

what was that about?

Real theatre was on last night with volney before the protesters came through.

brownie..heard your tex loud & clear on i95 :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:36:57 AM by signal »
If...
Ken Gordon say so

1]; } ?>