April 28, 2024, 02:37:00 PM

Author Topic: National Youth League Kicks off...What about Tobago ?????  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National Youth League Kicks off...What about Tobago ?????
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:31 AM »

Published: 30 Apr 2010
http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/04/30/national-youth-league-kicks

The second Fifa-endorsed National Youth League kicks off tomorrow at various venues, including Waterloo Secondary School in the South, Marvin Lee Stadium in the East and Debe Recreation Ground in the West. Last year’s champions bmobile Joe Public and 1st FC Santa Rosa will take part this year to defend their trophies in the expanded league of 27 teams in age groups Under 14, 16 and 18.

The project, a part of the Win With Concacaf programme, is aimed at professionalising the league by producing well qualified management personnel and efficient running teams. This year the programme has targeted the administrative staff of the National Super League for a four day live in Club Management Course facilitated by Fifa.

No mention of Tobago. Our youths and management don't need development !!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Youth League Kicks off...What about Tobago ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:39:19 AM »
Good question,What about Tobago?? Rastaman i think i understand why or reasons why Tobago always seem to be neglected or left out of a lot of things relating to Football in the twin islands.From my knowledge Tobago has a lot of talented players but the politics involved is affecting them,to the point where nobody wants to take the game serious any more,even players who have made it big don't try to give back something.That team Granville has should be like a Tobago national team,a place where the best players in Tobago could go and be seen,Signal Hill did it at one time.

Rastaman you might know a little more than me,my question is why Tobago seem to be treated this way?     

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:44:28 AM »
Very good question Coop's...wish I could answer it. Hopefully I can help find the answer !!!!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »

The second Fifa-endorsed National Youth League kicks off tomorrow at various venues, including Waterloo Secondary School in the South, Marvin Lee Stadium in the East and Debe Recreation Ground in the West. Last year’s champions bmobile Joe Public and 1st FC Santa Rosa will take part this year to defend their trophies in the expanded league of 27 teams in age groups Under 14, 16 and 18.

The project, a part of the Win With Concacaf programme, is aimed at professionalising the league by producing well qualified management personnel and efficient running teams. This year the programme has targeted the administrative staff of the National Super League for a four day live in Club Management Course facilitated by Fifa.

On information and belief, there would be 2 Tobago teams in the Super League this year so Tobago would be represented.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »

On information and belief, there would be 2 Tobago teams in the Super League this year so Tobago would be represented.
So Doc is this the youth arm of the Super League ??

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:24:51 PM »
That's my understanding
Live large and prosper!

1]; } ?>