March 29, 2024, 02:37:46 AM

Author Topic: Summer soccer in the states  (Read 2052 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Summer soccer in the states
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:29:34 PM »
...sorry for the title of the thread but i just wanted to vibes and see if men was going to any of the games here in the US. i check out dc united site and i see they playing ac milan in may and rangers in july.  anybody know of any other good matches this summer?

http://www.dcunited.com/schedule

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Summer soccer in the states
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 06:38:20 PM »
Compliments DeSoWa...

Sounders FC Announce Two International Friendlies

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Articles/2010/04-April/Sounders-to-host-Boca-Juniors-and-Celtic.aspx

Jai you coming for the Boca Game?  ;D

The Sounders will host Boca Juniors on May May 26th and Celtic on July 18th
RENTON, Wash. - The Seattle Sounders FC announced today they will host Argentina's Boca Juniors, on May 26 and Scotland's Celtic on July 18 on the Xbox Pitch at Qwest Field.

"We promised our fans a diverse flavor of international soccer and are thrilled to bring Boca and Celtic to the Pacific Northwest," said Sounders FC Owner and General Manager Adrian Hanauer.  "These two storied clubs have secured their place as elite franchises during the last century."

The two friendlies are part of the 18-match season-ticket holder package. A third match will be announced soon. Tickets will go on sale for Boca Juniors on Monday, May 3 at 10 a.m. Tickets will go on sale for Celtic on Tuesday, June 1 at 10 a.m. Tickets will be available at www.soundersfc.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, the Qwest Field Box Office, or by calling
800-745-3000.

Boca Juniors is Argentina's most popular club, as well as the most successful on the international front, with three world club championships and six Copa Libertadores (South America titles). Boca, founded in 1905 and named for the Buenos Aires neighborhood of La Boca, wears a distinctive all blue strip with a yellow panel across the chest. Among its famous players is Diego Maradona, the co-player of the 20th century who retired there in 1997. Boca is the first Argentine club to play in Seattle and the first South American club to visit since 1983.

Celtic is making its fourth trip to Seattle and its third to Qwest Field. Winners of a record 34 Scottish cups and 42 league championships, the "Bhoys" from Glasgow boast a huge worldwide fan base. They are instantly recognizable for their green-and-white hooped jerseys. Celtic was the first British club to win a European championship in 1967. It met the NASL Sounders in 1981, and returned to face Manchester United in 2003 and Chelsea in 2004.

Big Up!

2cents also says that RBNY will be playing Juve as well

For d NY ppl ah ent know if allyuh listen to me and come check out d stadium. If allyuh eh come to c ah MLS game well I hope u come to c us play Juventus on May 23rd (yes I know the full team not gonna be there but men like Del Piero should be cuz he not expected to make world cup team). We also have a four team tourney July 22nd-25th featuring Man City, Tottenham and Sporting Lisbon. This will be pre-season and a good time to see new transfers etc...come thru...bless
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:15:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 06:48:42 PM »
wow...the action is in nyc (as usual).  wish it had more stuff in atl (closer to me). :(

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
wow...the action is in nyc (as usual).  wish it had more stuff in atl (closer to me). :(

Manchester City vs Club America: July 28th at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »
These games are always crap, the European teams play some of their good players in the first half, but they don't really care and don't want to be there, and then you see the scrubs play in the second.  Its still probably better than watching MLS, but I wouldn't spend money to do it.  I might go see Mexico vs Senegal next week here in Chicago, depends on if Senegal are bringing any of their good players.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
And in related news:
Montreal Impact to host AC Milan and Fiorentina in international friendlies this summer.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5gdzQJMHxN0GTpXq1OV7spu_HKj6g
MONTREAL — The Montreal Impact will host AC Milan on June 2 in an international friendly at Olympic Stadium.

The Impact also announced a May 23 game against Fiorentina, another Serie A side, at Saputo Stadium.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:10:58 AM »

yeh you can always check out the atlanta beat womens game in their newly built stadium in kennesaw! LOL.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »

Manchester City vs Club America: July 28th at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta

i there! had a good time last yr. when ac milan come vs. america. i wish they was playing another euro side though but then is the mexican who buying 60% of the ticket to see their side.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »
Nice thread. Even though its friendlies its still nice to see the stars come over and play.
Hart for president

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:40:31 PM »

yeh you can always check out the atlanta beat womens game in their newly built stadium in kennesaw! LOL.

Hol the beat asss   >:(

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »

right down the road from by me. i might check a thing on a lazy weekend afternoon. i want to see marta play.

1]; } ?>