March 28, 2024, 07:13:29 AM

Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao: Mosley hurt Mayweather, I can destroy him  (Read 888 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Manny Pacquaio, relaxing at his billiards center, texting archrival Floyd Mayweather Jr.? Maybe.

MICHAEL MARLEY'S PHILIPPINE DIARY, PART 10:

BEHIND THE WALLS OF THE PACMAN MANSION, INSIDE MP'S BILLIARDS PALACE AND BUSINESS COMPLEX IN GENERAL SANTOS CITY

What did Manny Pacquiao say and when did he say it

And what, pray tell, did Pacman really  mean when he allegedly spoke to various people about adjusting blood testing arrangements which will smooth a path to going to contracts on the super bout against undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr.?

It was a ball of confusion Monday around Pacworld, first at his high-walled and armed-guard-protected mansion and then, as his daily custom, when Megamanny went to the MP commercial complex which includes a sports bar, restaurants, a night club, a printing service and his prize jewel, his lavish billiards facility.

People were running to and fro, debating what, if anything, to read in these supposed remarks as the public fever for the showdown with Mayweather began to boil to a fever pitch.

I went to organ grinder and skipped over a few monkeys, even though as a White Gorilla, I only have love for my jungle cousins.

Before Manny got into his marathon billiard contests, I asked him what his message to Mayweather and the boxing is public.

“My message to Mayweather, to the world, is simple. I am not the lawmaker when it comes to the rules and regulations of any boxing commission. That is not my job or my duty. Neither is it Mayweather's unless he forms his own personal commission.

“I will comply fully with whatever drug test, blood or urine, rules are specified by the commission of the place where this fight is arranged.”

So that means, I said, Pacquiao is presumably licking his chops to see if he can hand slick L'il Floyd his first professional loss. I put a question mark at the end of my meaningful query.

Manny flashed the kid-who-got-the-bicycle-under-the-Christmas-tree, 10,000-megawatt smile.

“Yes, I want Mayweather,” the 31 year old WBO welterweight champion said. “I did not watch the (Shane) Mosley fight live but, when I got up, I looked at some clips on the fight.”

Did Pacman focus on round two, when the nearly-age-40 Mosley hammered Mayweather with a booming right hand, wobbling him and nearly sending him crashing to the canvas?

Now came a 100,000-watt smile, the happy glow of a fierce competitor who concedes victory to no man, be it in billiards, basketball or in the ring.

“I saw that, I did,” Pacquiao said. “If I can hit Mayweather like that, I will finish him off. I would continue the attack in a way that Mosley did not. I will attack until Mayweather is gone.”

The battle cry was spoken matter of factly.

Manny Pacquiao has laid down the gauntlet.

This generation's answer to Robert Duran versus Sugar Ray Leonard will never be more ripe to be made, to negotiated fully and brought to a contract with signatures of the Pinoy Idol and the American superstar attached at the end.

A plague on all their houses, meaning Al Haymon and the Golden Boys for Mayweather and to Bob Arum for Pacman, if they do not strike now while the promotional iron is so hot it is scalding.

Pacman clearly wants the Big Fight. Mayweather seems to be ready to try to rise to his ultimate challenge.

In the words of referee Mills Lane, “Let's get it on!”

I can accept no less, neither should the principals, and neither should you.

Serve us Mayweather-Pacquiao next and serve it piping hot.

Anything else is just warmed-over chopped liver.

You know that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

AirMan

Re: Manny Pacquiao: Mosley hurt Mayweather, I can destroy him
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »
Honestly i do not believe Pacquiao can beat an in-form Mayweather..but its the most anticipated fight in Boxing right now

1]; } ?>