April 24, 2024, 04:18:33 PM

Author Topic: Talk about unlucky....relegated 3 times in one season!!  (Read 875 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Talk about unlucky....relegated 3 times in one season!!
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:18:58 PM »
A footballer completed an unwanted hat-trick after he was relegated for a third time this season.

Teenager Jamie Devitt was in action for Grimsby at the weekend as they crashed out of the football league with a 3-0 defeat to Burton Albion - the third team he has featured for this season to be relegated.

The 19-year-old midfielder's parent club is Hull City, who dropped out of the Premier League last week, while he has also played on loan at Darlington, relegated from League Two.

"I have had a bit of stick off a few of the lads back home," said the Irishman.

"They have been ribbing me about the situation.

"Some have told me I will be the answer to a quiz question in the future.

"They take the mickey out of me that my CV says I have been with three clubs getting relegated."

Devitt may or may not be an unlucky charm, but Hull still have faith in him having offered a two-year contract as the club prepares for life in the Championship next season.

"They say that the only way is up but with Jamie on their books that may not be the case," a source told the Metro newspaper.

"He's certainly been going down, down, deeper and down this season.

"If he carries on like that, Hull could be in the Conference in the blink of an eye."

A spokesman for the Association of Football Statisticians added: "This has got to be unique but having said that, it is not a record that anybody would want."

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about unlucky....relegated 3 times in one season!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
Have watched him play a bit and he actually looks a decent player.  Hopefully he can make it in the Championship and EPL and eventually for Ireland.

1]; } ?>