April 19, 2024, 12:59:56 PM

Author Topic: Scotland delighted but disappointed with Cardiff point  (Read 598 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland delighted but disappointed with Cardiff point
« on: October 15, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
Scotland delighted but disappointed with Cardiff point
By Dave Gooderham (Green'Un24)

JASON Scotland had mixed emotions after silencing the boo-boys of Cardiff City but then seeing his Ipswich Town side fail to hang onto the lead.

Scotland equalised Rudy Gestede’s opener before Michael Chopra gave Town a second half lead against his old club.

The Trinidadian missed a great chance to make the points safe before Peter Whittingham ensured honours were even from a controversial penalty.

After getting barracked by home fans inside the Cardiff City stadium, a nod to his Swansea days, Scotland admitted it was nice to grab a rare away goal after firing past David Marshall from distance.

He said: “I am delighted to score playing against my long-time enemy and rival, Cardiff. But I am still disappointed that I didn’t get a double to make it 3-1.

“I did all the hard work but I didn’t get enough contact on it – that would have been a turning point in the game. We played well and we are disappointed we didn’t get all three points.

But with Town stretching their unbeaten run to five games, and two home matches to come in the next seven days, Scotland saw enough to suggest Ipswich can mount a serious promotion campaign.

He added: “We are going from strength to strength since the Coventry game. We are passing the ball well and we’re creating chances but sometimes we are not finishing off teams, like maybe today.

“There is still work to be done and hopefully we can win the next two matches at home – that would be massive for us.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>