April 18, 2024, 07:44:27 PM

Author Topic: I pleasantly surprised at how constructively T&T appears to be playing  (Read 4931 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I pleasantly surprised at how constructively T&T appears to be playing
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »
Reggaefan I just read in a Caribbean. American Jamaican based newspaper that Whitmore job is on the line after 5 defeats. It further stated that had it not been for the brilliant goalkeeping of your custodian , the score line would have been embarrassing against Honduras

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »
Of course the quality (or lack thereof) of Bermuda/Barbados contributes significantly to us playing the way we did....but lewwe doh pretend that Trini link up play was always looking like that against weak opposition....because it was NOT!!

It remains to be seen at what level we could maintain that style of play, but doh throw salt on what Palos saying... The constructive nature of our play going forward (based on the highlights) WAS IN FACT a pleasant surprise - Give the manager and the team some credit.

You forget Latas vs CR in 'bago.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »
You forget Latas vs CR in 'bago.

Nah I eh forget that. 

In fact, in addition to that game, I thought our attacking play under Latas in general was pretty fluid and organized... Some of the best I'd seen from our team in recent times....Our physical conditioning and defensive organization was lacking in a big way though.  I dunno if it's the same under this coach - some tougher tests will reveal that.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
Reggaefan I just read in a Caribbean. American Jamaican based newspaper that Whitmore job is on the line after 5 defeats. It further stated that had it not been for the brilliant goalkeeping of your custodian , the score line would have been embarrassing against Honduras

Yes, Honduras could have won by a wider margin against Jamaica in Honduras, but that has traditionally been the case when Jamaica play in Honduras. Even so, i believe 1-1 at halftime and eventually losing 2-1 can hardly be seen as a disapointing result...its about what you'd expect when these teams play, anyone can win, Jamaica's chnaces of winning are higher when the game is played on neutral grounds or in Kingston. Honduras was looking to avenge the 1-0 loss they suffered to Jamaica last world cup qualifiers amd the gold cup recently.

Whitmore's Job is safe for now..I dont think the JFF really expected that Jamaica were going to go to places like Ecuador, China etc and win. The same china team that beat Jamaica had months befire drubbed Honduras 3-0, and like I said, the same Ecuador team that beat Jamaica 5-2 just romped the USA in the USA, so these are good teams that are ahead of us...

Whitmore will come under fire when he starts losing games played in Kingston...world cup qualifying games....now is the time for him to lose and learn in the process. Peru and venezuela also had narrow victories over us away...in my opinion these are good practice games to judge where the team is...id much rather lose 5-2 to Ecuador at altitude than win 4-0 agaianst Grenada.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:01:47 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »
REGGAEfan why are u lecturing us about good teams when your team NEVER beat the USA. Don't you have something better to do?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »
REGGAEfan why are u lecturing us about good teams when your team NEVER beat the USA. Don't you have something better to do?

Not lecturing about good teams...I'm making a point about getting carried away with beating Barbados and Bermuda...Never beaten the USA...but have beaten better than the USA...thats good enough for me.

nothing much to do today...its a Friday afternoon..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 01:09:51 PM »

Not lecturing about good teams...I'm making a point about getting carried away with beating Barbados and Bermuda...
Never beaten the USA...but have beaten better than the USA...thats good enough for me.

Here is a point for you sir, you are not here to help us or celebrate support our national team but to rate up Jamaica and insult us while you have the chance. This is not contructive critism coming from you but a vindictive trolling process that i am just about sick of.

What teams have JA beaten that is better than the USA? You telling me JA in the Concacaf region for about a century.. and NOT ONCE have you defeated USA. Talk done hoss.. Go on JA board and lecture them on what they should and could do to improve themselves to beat USA atleast once in this century.

Every time JA face tnt alyuh starting with 10 defenders and parking the bus tanking a draw and maybe get lucky and score a goal.. Alyuh is ah bunch of Anti footballers like Honduras. I dont want to hear no talk hoss.. Next time you see latas thank him because he gifted you guys that Caribbean Crown, wear it proudly because come next time, it aint going to be no walk in the park so you can come here to brag about how good your scrape up JA side is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:13:57 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
whey dese men does come out from dread...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »

Not lecturing about good teams...I'm making a point about getting carried away with beating Barbados and Bermuda...
Never beaten the USA...but have beaten better than the USA...thats good enough for me.

Here is a point for you sir, you are not here to help us or celebrate support our national team but to rate up Jamaica and insult us while you have the chance. This is not contructive critism coming from you but a vindictive trolling process that i am just about sick of.

What teams have JA beaten that is better than the USA? You telling me JA in the Concacaf region for about a century.. and NOT ONCE have you defeated USA. Talk done hoss.. Go on JA board and lecture them on what they should and could do to improve themselves to beat USA atleast once in this century.

Every time JA face tnt alyuh starting with 10 defenders and parking the bus tanking a draw and maybe get lucky and score a goal.. Alyuh is ah bunch of Anti footballers like Honduras. I dont want to hear no talk hoss.. Next time you see latas thank him because he gifted you guys that Caribbean Crown, wear it proudly because come next time, it aint going to be no walk in the park so you can come here to brag about how good your scrape up JA side is.
Well said shotta!  :salute:  fack reggae fan, he's ah disgusting c@nt!  :puking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:13 PM »
 everubody know sey how mi love JA football and di support I have for dem . But RF when you come bout here yu nuh  mek no freeking sence at all.  Bout 5 game loosing streak and yu happy because dey not playing bermuda and barbados?  I feal sey wid how JA performing right now mi cya see dem beating anybody right yah now.. Di Homegrown players no worth a shit . bring in di big boys I sey .. RF if yu think sey JA gonna beat anybody wid dat squad dey got now  yu 500% wrong. JA Stink right now....  I still backing JA to the hex but JA need to bring in di foreign born dem and go find a real coach... 5 game loosing streak nuh wrk I eh care how happy yu feal .   I eh happy wid dat . only a freeking ediat dumbass guh be happy wid dat..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:29 PM »
everubody know sey how mi love JA football and di support I have for dem . But RF when you come bout here yu nuh  mek no freeking sence at all.  Bout 5 game loosing streak and yu happy because dey not playing bermuda and barbados?  I feal sey wid how JA performing right now mi cya see dem beating anybody right yah now.. Di Homegrown players no worth a shit . bring in di big boys I sey .. RF if yu think sey JA gonna beat anybody wid dat squad dey got now  yu 500% wrong. JA Stink right now....  I still backing JA to the hex but JA need to bring in di foreign born dem and go find a real coach... 5 game loosing streak nuh wrk I eh care how happy yu feal .   I eh happy wid dat . only a freeking ediat dumbass guh be happy wid dat..

war

Not sure where you get the impression that I or any other Jamaican football supporter would be happy to losing 5 games in succession. I was just merely responsing to a question re Whitmore's job security in light of these defeats. The JFF has been able to secure very strong opponents this year for Jamaica...all AWAY..to vs opponents that are BETTER than Jamaica.  Youd be naive to expect the team to go to places Like Argentina, Ecuador, China etc and come away with victories. The core of this team that JAmaica is using in these games is the same team that just won the caribbean cup and secured pasage to the Quarter finals of the Gold Cup...so to now sudenly say they are crap when they face better organized team is perhaps lending credence to my arguement that they need to play these tough away games to improve and get a better feel for where they are in the world game...i honestly dont see any benefits in winning 6-0 against Turks and Caicos islands over losing 5-2 to Ecuador away...the 2 away goalsvs ecuador counts for motre than the 6 vs Turks IMHO. The players in England who are eligible to play for Jamaica cannot all be called to the program...Jamaica has time to evaluate the 3 or 4 of the lot who they will eventually bring into the fold vetween now and Nov 2012 when qualifying starts for us. For now, I say bring on more of these tough teams...now is the time to lose and learn. Whitmore's Job, just like any other coach, ultimately depends on results...but right now, i dont see him being fired..the guy just won the caribbean cup and did pretty well in the Gold cup...I really dont believe we have a coaching probalem right now...we just have played teams that are, well, better than us. no shame in that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:49:09 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »

war

Not sure where you get the impression that I or any other Jamaican football supporter would be happy to losing 5 games in succession. I was just merely responsing to a question re Whitmore's job security in light of these defeats. The JFF has been able to secure very strong opponents this year for Jamaica...all AWAY..to vs opponents that are BETTER than Jamaica.  Youd be naive to expect the team to go to places Like Argentina, Ecuador, China etc and come away with victories. The core of this team that JAmaica is using in these games is the same team that just won the caribbean cup and secured pasage to the Quarter finals of the Gold Cup...so to now sudenly say they are crap when they face better organized team is perhaps lending credence to my arguement that they need to play these tough away games to improve and get a better feel for where they are in the world game...i honestly dont see any benefits in winning 6-0 against Turks and Caicos islands over losing 5-2 to Ecuador away...the 2 away goalsvs ecuador counts for motre than the 6 vs Turks IMHO. The players in England who are eligible to play for Jamaica cannot all be called to the program...Jamaica has time to evaluate the 3 or 4 of the lot who they will eventually bring into the fold vetween now and Nov 2012 when qualifying starts for us. For now, I say bring on more of these tough teams...now is the time to lose and learn. Whitmore's Job, just like any other coach, ultimately depends on results...but right now, i dont see him being fired..the guy just won the caribbean cup and did pretty well in the Gold cup...I really dont believe we have a coaching probalem right now...we just have played teams that are, well, better than us. no shame in that.

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 03:17:11 AM »
RF is ah facking jerk, fack he!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2011, 05:10:21 AM »
The JFF has been able to secure very strong opponents this year for Jamaica...all AWAY..to vs opponents that are BETTER than Jamaica.  Youd be naive to expect the team to go to places Like Argentina, Ecuador, China etc and come away with victories. The core of this team that JAmaica is using in these games is the same team that just won the caribbean cup and secured pasage to the Quarter finals of the Gold Cup...so to now sudenly say they are crap when they face better organized team is perhaps lending credence to my arguement that they need to play these tough away games to improve and get a better feel for where they are in the world game...

I agree with RF on this point. How can JA arrange these games and JW could not or did not want to do it.  RF does look for pooyah sometimes but he makes a valid point this time. Play teams stronger than you to measure your standing in the world order. Why think of defeat as a setback. But I think we should also play the "lesser" team. It is an obligated to our fellow zone members. In terms of preps, JA is ahead of us. They more than likely will be in the Hex. Are we sure of a one game prep TT?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:31:32 AM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>