Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 169081 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »

Well PNM walked out Parliament today  :) :beermug:

Colm Imbert said;

"This motion is frivolous and vexatious
This motion is childish
This motion has no basis
This motion has no purpose
This motion is empty
It is vacuous
It is tenuous
It is absurd
And Mr Speaker,
I am NOT staying in this parliament to continue this foolish debate
I am leaving NOW-we are getting out of here
You could say what you want-Whatever you have to say
Whatever you have to say
Say it outside
Mr Speaker,
If you name man, if you name man- come outside don’t stay inside
Bunch of cowards- I gone from here…"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Monday night fo’ Rum
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »
Very on point headline based on the amount of intoxicating slush we are hearing every Monday evening from the UNC/PPG during their political forums. Elections countdown is on.

Election Sketch
Monday night fo’ Rum
By BC Pires (T&T Guardian)
Published: Wednesday, March 25, 2015

UNC supporters display placards during the party's Monday Night Forum at Debe Junction.
Photo: RISHI RAGOONATH

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar entered her, or at least the UNC’s, hometown of Debe, in an entirely different set of the empress’ new clothes. The Keith Rowley-and-Faris Al-Rawi-bashing outfit from earlier this month vanished, replaced by a more statesmanlike Kamla P-B.

Mrs P-B’s actual voice also changed to match, mixing the Standard English that working class voters admire so much in their superiors and the dialect in which they must be addressed if they are to feel connected. Mrs Persad-Bissessar’s predecessor, Basdeo Panday, the best exponent of the art, segued from Oxbridge to cow-pen seamlessly. On Monday night, the kinder, gentler, more-prime-ministerial-than-Keith Rowley Mrs P-B switched from the Queen’s English accent befitting Queen’s Counsel to something closer to local dialect. “Man could born and die in 35 years” she called out, “but them never build a single hospital in all that time.” Sadly, it is difficult for someone who naturally speaks as well as the Prime Minister to speak badly at short notice, but she tried gamely – even if Keith Rowley or, indeed, anyone else, would have said, “Man could born and dead in 35 years.”

The attempt to straddle both linguistic worlds sometimes resulted in oratorical bumps between the caring, statesmanlike Kamla and the bragging, look-how-much-we-did-for-you Kamla. “Healthcare is important,” she declared, “because, if you’re not alive, you can’t enjoy the road or the university or the nursing academy we built!” The listener, at that point, could be forgiven for recalling supermodel Brooke Shields’ observation that, “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.”

At what might have been the night’s most crucial moment, though, the packaging of the new Kamla seemed more like repackaging: specifically, the recasting of former Prime Minister Patrick Manning’s pet Waterfront Project in Port of Spain into what she hoped might be taken as a new UNC idea – to have a Waterfront Project in San Fernando. The waterfront project – the San Fernando/UNC one – would, the PM insisted, bring “bottom line, bottom dollar, money in your pockets as you get jobs.”

“I see,” went on the PM, before correcting herself to “statesmanlike” mode and declaring, “My vision for Trinidad & Tobago” included the Chaguaramus boardwalk and the National Cycling Velodrome. Both projects, she said, were “first class, world class,” which sounded a bit too much like Patrick Manning for perhaps even Patrick Manning’s own comfort.

The night’s big selling point, though, was less about world-class attractions than local house-and-land dispersals. Under the Act she helped to pass in 1988, the PNM gave out fewer than 1,000 certificates of comfort to people illegally occupying land. The UNC, she boasted, has given out 7,000 in the last five years alone, with more to come, if the electorate should only be discerning/house hungry enough to reelect the UNC.

In her closest sally at wit, Mrs P-B declared that the PNM wanted the UNC to cut public spending but “won’t tell us what to cut. Maybe they have some barbers in that party.” The UNC simply will not cut jobs or the social safety net – perhaps an implication that the necessary cuts might come in contracting out less state work at lower prices to friends of the party, making the night’s biggest untruth also its only unspoken one. The “prophets of doom and gloom” she declared (channelling her inner George Chambers), were clamouring that the oil price was dropping and the country going bankrupt but, “in the first quarter of 2015, we have a surplus of revenue.”

The Prime Minister then fixed the camera firmly in the eye and avowed that a surplus “doesn’t mean you run out there and spend all your money” – the posh, sophisticated packaging of the old Trinidadian adage that “Indian money might run low but it doesn’t run out.”   

Abruptly, Mrs P-B declared it was getting “little late” and everybody should get home safely, but even she appeared to be surprised by her sudden ending of the night’s proceedings: she almost forgot to play her high cards, one of which was a promised “Marlene-gate,” a reference presumed to be to PNM MP Marlene McDonald, and the other of which earned her a genuine Bravo; specifically, Dwayne, the T&T and West Indies cricketer dropped from the team for leading the Indian Tour Mutiny, a friend of new Sports Minister and old Soca Warrior, Brent Sancho.

The last, perhaps most memorable image of the night was Bravo (wearing a bright blue long-sleeved button-down shirt, not a yellow T-) clasped in a big hug.

Perhaps Mrs P-B could be forgiven for hoping that the connection between them does not reveal itself to be that they should both, at the end of a strongly, indeed bitterly, fought campaign, lose their jobs.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:26:05 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
http://www.tv6tnt.com/news/PM-Supporters-297567081.html?m=y&smobile=y

I am now starting to understand how the current government won the last elections in 2010. A lot of knuckleheads now reside in T&T who don't have much of a political education and who will give their votes for crumbs or a yellow t-shirt.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 26, 2015, 06:31:55 AM »
Yeah. So apparently this needed to be raised. Awaiting the indignant women's arm of various parties to talk about this.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Rowley-a-child-of-rape-297607381.html

‘Rowley a child of rape’
Alleyne-Toppin sees cause for ‘aggressive behaviour, arrogance’

By Kim Boodram kim.boodram@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Mar 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM ECT
In Parliament

TOBAGO East MP Vernella Alleyne-Toppin yesterday suggested Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley was born as a result of rape and that these circumstances have made him “aggressive” and “arrogant”.
Any members of the public gallery who might have started to doze off yesterday afternoon at Parliament at the International Waterfront Centre, Port of Spain, were shocked into alertness when Alleyne-Toppin told the house of a story, related to her by “an old man in Mason Hall”, Tobago, which spoke of the rape of a young girl and the resultant offspring, who was now an aspiring leader.
Alleyne-Toppin, contributing durin­g debate on the Government’s no-confidence motion against Rowley after the Opposition MPs had already staged a walkout on the debate, said she knew Rowley as a child, being both from Tobago and their “navel strings” being buried close to each other.
Having prefaced her story with the remarks that “the circumstances of one’s birth” and “the sum of experiences” are “what makes the man”, Alleyne-Toppin said:
“One day in Mason Hall, Tobago, Mr Speaker, look at the nexus.
“One day a young girl went to take lunch for her father in a coalspit. When she got there, her father had gone to change his cow. It’s a true story. She, however, met her father’s best friend and co-worker, alone in the coalspit.
“This young girl was then raped by her father’s best friend. The produc­t today is the aspirant to lofty offic­e.”
Alleyne-Toppin continued: “Mr Speaker, can you imagine this mother carrying this pain and shame for nine months and the impact it had on the unborn child?”
Alleyne-Toppin said she was “not a psychologist” but that a glimpse could now be offered into why a man could be today the sum of his experiences.
“I can offer you Barabas or I can offer you Christ,” Alleyne-Toppin said.
She then said she could offer the “excellent qualities embodied in the MP for Siparia and the Prime Minister” and not the “dubious” and “dangerous” qualities of the MP for Diego Martin West, Rowley.
Alleyne-Toppin had, before telling the tale that dropped jaws in the house, accused Rowley, the leader of the People’s National Movement (PNM), of being part of a plot to frame her and derail her “fledgling” political career.
She was referring to the scandal of 2012, when she stood accused of abusing her Government-issued credit card by purchasing items not approved in the terms of use and by not reimbursing the state.
Alleyne-Toppin repeated part of her defence then, when she pleaded ignorance of some of the terms of use and yesterday she claimed to have been the victim of a conspiracy by “senior PNM operatives within the Ministry of Tobago Affairs”.
The Tobago East MP said she was told by the permanent secretary of one ministry that the PS of another ministry was part of the plot and that her (Alleyne-Toppin’s) submission to pay off her State credit card bills had been hidden so as to delay the payment.
The details of the billings, which Alleyne-Toppin said she saw for the first time when the story appeared in the Express, were then passed on to Rowley, she claimed.
Rowley, whom she called a “malignant narcissist”, boasted of having gotten her fired, Alleyne-Topping lamented, and he also set her up as a fraudster in the international scene.
Alleyne-Toppin, who said she spent “42 days” appearing in the Express in relation to the credit card mess, also said a Barbados-based lawyer had held an entire class at the Cave Hill campus of The University of the West Indies on her case and entitled it “White collar crime”.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 26, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »
Parliamentary privilege is a hell of a thing yes......

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:59 AM »
As a born Tobagonian and Trinbagonian.....this makes me SICK. :puking:
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Online lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 26, 2015, 11:34:54 AM »
sancho's good people.............
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 26, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »

Very disgraceful from Vernella Alleyne-Toppin.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Moore-Nothing-good-can-come-of-this-297667191.html

It is a bleak day when a woman rises in the National parliament to shame another woman and her family, but it borders on psychotic when that woman and her family are the alleged victims and product of sexual abuse. Nothing good can come of this.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
wtf wrong with this woman?
Any response from the good PM as yet?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 12:24:09 PM by Peong »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:59 PM »
wtf wrong with this woman?
Any response from the good PM as yet?

She was right in Parliament when she say it..she eh stop she..neither did the speaker. I think thats response enough.

Anyhow...In the "dey take we fuh ass category"

View this:

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Parliament-Protest-5407---297607251.html

Then read this:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/CEPEP-boss-Nobody-sent-them-297655971.html

CEPEP boss: Nobody sent them
By Carolyn Kissoon Multimedia Desk
Story Created: Mar 26, 2015 at 10:58 AM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 26, 2015 at 11:01 AM ECT
Community-Based Environmental Protection and Enhancement Programme (CEPEP) chairman, Adesh Deonarine, yesterday denied that CEPEP workers were instructed to wear yellow jerseys
and taken to the International Waterfront Centre, Port of Spain, as a show of support to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Deonarine said he was startled by statements that CEPEP workers were told to report for duty outside the Parliament.

And he insisted that no contractor was asked to rally workers in support of the United National Congress (UNC).

UNC supporters arrived in maxi taxis outside the Parliament on Wednesday in support of the debate on a motion of no
confidence in Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

But many people had no clue what was going on. And some even revealed that they were instructed by their "bosses" to go
to the Parliament in the maxi taxis provided for them.

The TV6 News interviewed supporters outside the Parliament on Wednesday. A Barrackpore woman said she was there to
support her Prime Minister. Asked whether she was aware of what was being debated in the Parliament, she replied, "No."

A man, holding a placard, said, "I here to support the Minister. I from URP office region two."

Asked if he was aware of the debate, the man responded, "Not really." He said he was representing his manager from the URP office.
Another woman said she was a URP worker and her employers were "nice people". She too was not aware of what was being debated in Parliament.

Deonarine said in a telephone interview yesterday, "I was just as surprised when I heard those statements. As far as I am aware there were no instructions to contractors. As far as I know all work went on yesterday as normal. So they either did that on their own time which is their right as a citizen of this country. That is up to them. They feel proud to say they are CEPEP workers when under the PNM Government they were hiding."

Deonarine said CEPEP never organised or paid for transportation for workers to be taken to Port-of-Spain.

"I don't know of any instructions. I never organised or paid for any transport. I was not part of any instruction to go to support anybody," he said.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »
We get what we allow. If I was on T&T soil this morning, I know where today would find me.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
I followed this vile presentation live yesterday in parliament by Tobago East MP Vernella Alleyne-Toppin at this link (http://gisltd.tt/tv-4) and I saw the PM lap up her presentation and even shake her hand right after Vernella Alleyne-Toppin completed her presentation.

This was all done with the consent of the Speaker and the PM who could have all stopped Vernella Alleyne-Toppin at anytime when she was crossing the line but allowed her to carry on in the desperate hope to soil Dr Rowley's good name and reputation.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:59:55 PM by Socapro »

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »
 :cursing: ??? :frustrated: :pissedoff: :banginghead:

SECRETARIAT OF THE MINISTER OF STATE
Ministry of The People and Social Development
39-43 St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I.
PBX: 623-2608 Ext 5411 Fax: 623-8496
Email: seniorsecretarymopsd@gmail.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MINISTER in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is today apologising to the citizens of Trinidad & Tobago for parts of her statements made in Parliament on Wednesday.

During her contribution to the motion of no confidence debate on the Leader of the Opposition, Dr Keith Rowley, Toppin related a story of a young girl who was sexually assaulted many years ago in Tobago.

In a statement issued Thursday, Toppin said: “I unreservedly apologise to everyone who felt uncomfortable or outraged because of parts of the statement I made in Parliament. At no time was I intending to cause pain or suffering, or to cause people to reopen old wounds of trauma they may have at some time experienced.”

Toppin stated: “I do, however, hold firmly to the view that incidents such as these, happening in our own country, must never be swept under the carpet. As difficult as it is, these are conversations we must be having as a people, if we are to protect young girls from experiencing this kind of horrific violation.”

The Minister also stated: “And while I apologise from the heart to anyone who felt hurt by my statements, I intend to stand my ground and will insist that questions that have been asked of the Leader of the Opposition must be answered. Anyone who seeks to hold the top office of Prime Minister must not have such questions that are unanswered, as it questions the depth of character and the emotional intelligence that will influence this person’s decisions that will impact on 1.3 million people.”

Minister Toppin reminded: “Questions that Dr Rowley must answer include the paternity of a young man who was the product of a relationship out of wedlock. Questions include whether Dr Rowley is the grandfather of one, or in fact two young children.”

“Questions include whether Dr Rowley knows of any school teacher who was a tenant in Charlotteville? Was he a tenant? Was he boarding (getting meals) by Ms Gray? Was Ms Gray sending her niece to drop meals?”

“I will not allow Dr Rowley to use public outrage to hide from the duty he has to answer these questions and put deep and frightening suspicions to rest once and for all,” Toppin said.

---END---

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2015, 02:06:11 PM »
:cursing: ??? :frustrated: :pissedoff: :banginghead:

SECRETARIAT OF THE MINISTER OF STATE
Ministry of The People and Social Development
39-43 St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I.
PBX: 623-2608 Ext 5411 Fax: 623-8496
Email: seniorsecretarymopsd@gmail.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MINISTER in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is today apologising to the citizens of Trinidad & Tobago for parts of her statements made in Parliament on Wednesday.

During her contribution to the motion of no confidence debate on the Leader of the Opposition, Dr Keith Rowley, Toppin related a story of a young girl who was sexually assaulted many years ago in Tobago.

In a statement issued Thursday, Toppin said: “I unreservedly apologise to everyone who felt uncomfortable or outraged because of parts of the statement I made in Parliament. At no time was I intending to cause pain or suffering, or to cause people to reopen old wounds of trauma they may have at some time experienced.”

Toppin stated: “I do, however, hold firmly to the view that incidents such as these, happening in our own country, must never be swept under the carpet. As difficult as it is, these are conversations we must be having as a people, if we are to protect young girls from experiencing this kind of horrific violation.”

The Minister also stated: “And while I apologise from the heart to anyone who felt hurt by my statements, I intend to stand my ground and will insist that questions that have been asked of the Leader of the Opposition must be answered. Anyone who seeks to hold the top office of Prime Minister must not have such questions that are unanswered, as it questions the depth of character and the emotional intelligence that will influence this person’s decisions that will impact on 1.3 million people.”

Minister Toppin reminded: “Questions that Dr Rowley must answer include the paternity of a young man who was the product of a relationship out of wedlock. Questions include whether Dr Rowley is the grandfather of one, or in fact two young children.”

“Questions include whether Dr Rowley knows of any school teacher who was a tenant in Charlotteville? Was he a tenant? Was he boarding (getting meals) by Ms Gray? Was Ms Gray sending her niece to drop meals?”

“I will not allow Dr Rowley to use public outrage to hide from the duty he has to answer these questions and put deep and frightening suspicions to rest once and for all,” Toppin said.

---END---

Is this meant to be an apology? I think the only acceptable thing right now is an apology from the PM for condoning it and also immediate resignation by Vernella Alleyne-Toppin for abuse of parliamentary privilege that cause embarrassment and pain to many people in the country.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 26, 2015, 02:17:26 PM »
I followed this vile presentation live yesterday in parliament by Tobago East MP Vernella Alleyne-Toppin at this link (http://gisltd.tt/tv-4) and I saw the PM lap up her presentation and even shake her hand right after Vernella Alleyne-Toppin completed her presentation.

This was all done with the consent of the Speaker and the PM who could have all stopped Vernella Alleyne-Toppin at anytime when she was crossing the line but allowed her to carry on in the desperate hope to soil Dr Rowley's good name and reputation.

You studying dem...that was their trump card. Long time now their minions like PEA and dem trying to bring up that. They go throw her under the bus now with releases and ting now like they had nothing to do with it.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Vernella-expected-to-respond-to-rape-talk-today-297686621.html

ommunications Minister Vasant Bharath said members of Cabinet met on Monday to discuss the debate on the motion of no confidence in Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

The context of members’ contribution, however, were not vetted by the caucus.

Now if you wanted and as her subsequent statement tries to claim bring something that they saw as important (which also might very well be a personal vendetta, as her statement could lead one to assume)...why bring his mother into it?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 26, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

You studying dem...that was their trump card. Long time now their minions like PEA and dem trying to bring up that. They go throw her under the bus now with releases and ting now like they had nothing to do with it.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Vernella-expected-to-respond-to-rape-talk-today-297686621.html

ommunications Minister Vasant Bharath said members of Cabinet met on Monday to discuss the debate on the motion of no confidence in Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

The context of members’ contribution, however, were not vetted by the caucus.

Now if you wanted and as her subsequent statement tries to claim bring something that they saw as important (which also might very well be a personal vendetta, as her statement could lead one to assume)...why bring his mother into it?

That MP Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is what you could term the typical Negro house slave. Imagine they are using a Tobagonian to try to bring down a fellow Tobagonian and she fell for it. She is not only a disgrace to Tobagonians but to the African race as a whole.
Why allow your aspiring new slave masters to get you to do their dirty work for them?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:28:17 PM by Socapro »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 26, 2015, 05:45:49 PM »

Ent lefty??!!!  After I done cuss Shopping Toppin, ah keep going back to how de arse Brent ups and involve heself with these vermin??!!!

:puking: :puking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 26, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
Socapro her being African and where in T&T she is from is not important in this issue. What is most important is ANOTHER Government Minister disgracing public office and yet to be fired. Worse she is a Minister of Social Development and using rhetoric that is disrespecting to women who are rape victims. how ironic! smh
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:02:47 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2015, 06:46:46 PM »
Socapro her being African and where in T&T she is from is not important in this issue. What is most important is ANOTHER Government Minister disgracing public office and yet to be fired. Worse she is a Minister of Social Development and using rhetoric that is disrespecting to women who are rape victims. how ironic! smh

Well it’s also an important issue to me and to many others as well who are African conscious even though it may not be that important to you. I see this as a classic case of the house Negro being used by their new slave master to try to destroy another African person.

Also keep in mind that many of us who are descendants of previously enslaved Africans were also a product of surviving rape of our female foreparents and still being able to overcome and rise as a family.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:00:30 PM by Socapro »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2015, 07:32:37 PM »
Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is nothing more than a lap dog and she has proven so this week...her masters started to shout a like a good puppy she started yapping too. She will never ever be able to live in Tobago again.

With regards to certain "people" in the UNC they have never respected the country they have always had an antitrinbago attitude and have constantly sought to point out how they are being discriminated against. Basdeo Panday knew it was the risk he had to run to attain power but even he didn't know what levels they would sink to. He has/had always maintained a high level of respect for the highest office and the various arms of gov't but these vile, pernicious miscreants who know no level of decency will continue to do only what they know. The worse is yet to come.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Parliamentary privilege is a hell of a thing yes......

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2015, 08:25:24 PM »
Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is nothing more than a lap dog and she has proven so this week...her masters started to shout a like a good puppy she started yapping too. She will never ever be able to live in Tobago again.

With regards to certain "people" in the UNC they have never respected the country they have always had an antitrinbago attitude and have constantly sought to point out how they are being discriminated against. Basdeo Panday knew it was the risk he had to run to attain power but even he didn't know what levels they would sink to. He has/had always maintained a high level of respect for the highest office and the various arms of gov't but these vile, pernicious miscreants who know no level of decency will continue to do only what they know. The worse is yet to come.

The worse is really yet to come. We thought Monday night stink mouth was bad by Wednesday we hear that rape victims are angry during pregnancy and make bombastic children. Stay Tune my people the longer she take to take the date out her bra the better they will look.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »
Rowley hurt claims used to slander dead parents
By Ria Taitt

A tissue of horrendous lies!
This is how Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley yesterday dis­missed Vernella Alleyne-Toppin’s claim he was the product of a rape.
“My father raping my mother in Mason Hall. Jesus Christ! Call anybody in Mason Hall and ask them if they have ever heard such a thing,” Rowley said.
He said he was hurt a motion of no confidence was used to slander his dead father and his dead mother in the Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago.
“I have an eight-year-old granddaughter. I just had a grandson. And they are now being told that their grandfather and their great-grandfather were rapists,” he said.
“They (the Government) have to examine my dead father and dead mother to determine my fitness for office? This is real hurtful,” he said.
“I have seen my mo­th­er and father going to fete. And you coming to tell me about rape?” he asked rhetorically.

Rowley said his mo­ther, Agatha Vassie Rowley, left him when he was one year old with his grandfather and came to work in Trinidad with Audrey Jeffers. “My mother was a well-known cook in the Breakfast Shed. She lived a decent, hard-working life.”

Rowley said his father, Carlton Joseph, eventually married another woman who helped to raise him. “The only person whose white school shirts she washed was mine because her older children didn’t go to high school”.

Rowley is known as family man who generally liked to shield his family from the glare of public life. He had
previously ignored the persistent innuendoes coming from Alleyne-Toppin and United National Congress (UNC) activity as nonsensical political jabs that no one took seriously.
His son, Garth, prefers the quiet life but keeps in touch with the Row-­leys. Garth, who attended Bishop’s High School and lives abroad, attended Rowley’s daughter’s wedding, along with his (Garth’s) daughter. Garth, family sources said, remains in touch with the Rowley family.

PNM Women’s League condemns Vernella Meanwhile the People’s National Movement (PNM) Women’s League yesterday condemned Alleyne-Toppin’s statements.
“Mrs Alleyne-Toppin, in a debasing attack on Dr Keith Rowley, Leader of the Opposition, placed on the Hansard Record an unadulterated and outrageous fabrication, stating, among other gross inaccuracies, that Dr Rowley’s conception was as a result of a rape, thereby accusing Dr Rowley’s deceased father of being a rapist! For Mrs Alleyne-Toppin, however, that was not enough, she went on to label Dr Rowley a kidnapper, paedophile and gang rapist, all fabrications, given life under the cover of parliamentary privilege,” it said.
The Women’s League expressed its deep disappointment this slander was allowed without let or hindrance in the Parliament, resulting in a debasing of the Parliament itself.

“Mrs Alleyne-Toppin’s utteran­ces in the Parliament prove that she is a complete embarrassment to the Parliament, the people of Tobago East, the people of Tobago and the people of Trinidad,” the release stated.
It added: “Mrs Alleyne-Toppin, by claiming that Dr Rowley was the product of a rape and is himself a gang rapist, has perpetrated one of the worst and most disgraceful acts of slander under the guise of Parliamentary privilege, and has crossed all boundaries of propriety.”

The Women’s League recalled Dr Rowley entered public life in 1981 when he ran for Tobago West as a candidate for the PNM when his son was 12 years old at the time, and no such outrageous claims were ever made by anyone.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2015, 04:23:56 AM »
What do you say now.....Toppin?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/ITS--ALL--LIES-297737551.html

IT’S ALL LIES
Mother of Rowley’s child on Vernella’s rape claim:

By Ria Taitt Political Editor
Story Created: Mar 26, 2015 at 10:05 PM ECT
Story Updated: Mar 26, 2015 at 10:05 PM ECT
Roselyn Alleyne, the woman who Vernella Alleyne-Toppin alleged was raped 46 years ago by Oppo­sition Leader Dr Keith Rowley, is “disgusted” and horrified by Alleyne-Toppin’s asser­­tion.

And she cannot understand why people would “fab­ri­cate such lies”.

In an exclusive interview with the Express yesterday, Roselyn Alleyne, who is the mother of Garth Alleyne, the 45-year-old son of Rowley, also stated Vernella Alleyne-Toppin is not a relative of hers. “She does not know me. If she sees me anywhere she would not know me. And that should sum up everything,” she said.

Roselyn said she heard about Alleyne-Toppin’s contribution at Wednesday’s debate in the House of Representatives, on the no-confidence motion brought by the Government against Rowley. She said she received texts from Trinidad and Tobago, sta­ting “me and my child were talked about” in Parliament.

“And I asked why? We are happy people. I am here (in Canada) working hard in the cold,” she said. Both Roselyn and her son live in Canada. She has lived there for the past 30 years.

“All of what she is saying on the news, take it from me, it’s all a lie,” Roselyn stated.

Alleyne-Toppin had claimed Roselyn was a pupil of Roxborough Secondary School when she became preg­nant by Rowley.

But Roselyn said yesterday, she never attended Roxborough Secondary School. “When I passed Common Entrance, Roxborough wasn’t even constructed,” she said.

Asked whether Rowley ever taught her as Alleyne-Toppin claimed, Roselyn said: “How could he when we are around the same age?” Roselyn said she is 63 years old. (Rowley is 65 years old).

“I am old and hoping to retire soon,” she said. “Don’t listen to these people. Every­thing that they say is a lie. I have never communicated with these people (Alleyne-Toppin) and I am always home. I go home every year, for a week, two weeks,” she said.

Told the reports were she was 13 or 14 when she became pregnant, Roselyn said:

“Wow!” I think I am being confused with somebody else,” adding she became pregnant when she had alrea­dy finished school and was at home, helping her mother who used to bake things in order to earn an income to send her younger sibling to school. “As I keep telling you, everything they say is a lie. And they need to stop,” she said.

“I hear she is saying that he raped me for over four hours. That’s disgusting!” Roselyn said. Told Alleyne-Toppin had also stated she was kidnapped, Roselyn exclaimed: “What? Keith has to stop her because that is slandering somebody’s character.

And when she talks like that, she is making me sound like something that I am not. Wow! Kidnapped, raped and dumped,” she said.

Roselyn said in 2013 when her brother died, she returned to Tobago to attend the funeral. She said someone

came around, asking members of her family if she

(Alleyne-Toppin) and they were close, and “they were trying to persuade other family members to get me to sign false documents”.

She said she brushed off the whole event. “I thought that was over. I didn’t know these people still going around with this thing,” she said.

Asked what was the nature of her relationship with Alleyne-Toppin, who claimed to be a relative and therefore to have intimate details of her life,

Roselyn said: “Excuse me?” I am not related to that woman. We are not blood rela­tives.” She said there were many people with the same last name who were not related.

She said Alleyne-Toppin came to live in Charlotteville after her (Alleyne-Toppin) father moved there. She said it was a small village and everyone knew each other.

“But we never knew them as being related to us because we couldn’t draw any connecting lines between the two families,” she said.

She said when Alleyne-Toppin started elementary school, she (Alleyne-Toppin) and her (Roselyn’s) sister were in the same class and they also attended Bishop’s High School together. But, she maintained Alleyne-Toppin did not know her.

She said she comes home all the time and she never met the minister. She added her youngest daughter, who returned to Trinidad and Toba­go after finishing university in Canada, lives here now.

“I realise these people are fishing but they are putting out the wrong bait to a whole country. And when you are fishing for something, you take stories from other people who may fabricate, but you have nothing to back it up,” she said.

Roselyn, who said she had no interest in political matters,

said Alleyne-Toppin was “slandering my name and it needs to stop. That is all I am interested in”. She said she was not angry.

“She is slande­ring me to get at Keith. Attack the per­son that you want to attack but don’t slander my name. And if you are trying to get back at someone, don’t lie. It becomes a boomerang and we know what boomerangs do.

“She has to apologise. And go and tell the public that the things that she has said are not true,” she said.

“My business is fixed. All my kids are grown up. And Vernella Alleyne-Toppin has nothing over me,” said Roselyn.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 27, 2015, 05:19:22 AM »
I posted something last night from my phone...and like it didnt go through. But let me say it again..and briefer..because this was before the story previously posted.

People who watching this only looking at it from a superficial angle.

Rowley was lambasted when he brought the emails forward in the parliament by many....including Prakash, Moonilal, Roger Samuel, Phillip Edward Alexander and the PM for the length of time he took before coming forward. Inherent in his presentation were his efforts to get the then president to get the integrity commission to start an investigation and when that met with little success, he moved the motion of no confidence and things started happening. Their argument at the time was that he had evidence that a crime could be committed and sat on it and endangered the life of a journalist. They accused him of using parliamentary privilege for political gain to slander persons and cast aspersions on their character.

Now these allegations and rumors were being pedaled by these sycophants long time. Phillip Edward Alexander..who was priming himself to run against Rowley in elections in his so called group for "Breaking News" posted references several times to it...one of which were words to the effect that he would find that child..he would interview them and make Rowley account for what he had done. And that's one of several references. Remember when Anil Roberts confronted with Rowley saying he should take a drug test trying to counter with "Rowley should take a paternity test"? That was what he was alluding to.

Now...in Mrs. Alleyne-Toppin's presentation..she claimed that the person was a relative. She claimed to have intimate knowledge of the facts. She claimed to do it (even in her subsequent farce of an apology) for the reason that things like these are often swept under the carpet and they need to be addressed so the problem can be dealt with. The thing is...they claimed to know. They claimed to have facts. They had this in their arsenal long time. This was their trump. If they were concerned about anything decent..they had ample opportunity to collate evidence as they claimed to have (and she especially) to take this to the authorities without needing parliamentary privilege. 

Yet they didnt. Why? Cause the UNC campaign simply founded on mudslinging diversion and foolishness. Their entire campaign is simply based on the attacking of Rowley's character. Look at this for example:

http://www4.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-06-07/leaked-e-mails

Following are excerpts from e-mails between Phillip Alexander and Roodal Moonilal and Rodney Charles to UNC activists:

From Charles to UNC activists (May 16)

We propose launching a full scale attack on Keith Rowley come the morning of May 19th 2014 ie the morning after his expected landslide victory. We absolutely need to bring down his polling ratings. We are therefore asking you (and all our supporters) in whatever way you can, to be part of that attack.

Always refer to him as Rowley-not Dr Keith Rowley. Try also to have short sound bites that speak to his negatives. His name should be side by side with the negative e.g. Rowley is unfit to lead. He is too arrogant. He does not entertain views different from his.

The central themes of our attack should be (you can add to these, but the information must be factual and concentrate on Rowley): .... Ok let us in our various (and even separate) ways do what we have to do to bring start putting KR on the defensive. He has shown himself unable to weather sustained attacks. He becomes angry and in effect a raging bull. The time has come to stop saying what is not being done. The time has come to launch your attack. Be part of the plan.

Let us see how KR stands up. We propose three weeks of attacks which will be tweeked to factor in the union march, and our anniversary celebrations. After this we will test polling figures to see which resonates and what changes we need to make. This is a small but essential part of our fight back. As Always we are amenable to wiser counsel.

So understand it in that context. Understand how low they willing to go. Then things like this would make sense:

Or even videos like this on facebook:

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/11099859_10203834640531005_1132495418_n.mp4?rl=559&vabr=311&oh=51952ccd3020dc981530e31961b96933&oe=55155B39

I eh think people understand the full extent of what happening here and how low the UNC and their apologists planning to go.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 27, 2015, 07:06:54 AM »
This is even better than PBS Masterpiece Theatre. More exciting than Play of the Month. maxg was talking about morality and integrity as pertaining to the forum different opinions of Brent Sancho being MoSport. Ah said wait until the campaign get into full swing, then we will see all the mudslinging. It started already.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 27, 2015, 09:00:14 AM »
This is even better than PBS Masterpiece Theatre. More exciting than Play of the Month. maxg was talking about morality and integrity as pertaining to the forum different opinions of Brent Sancho being MoSport. Ah said wait until the campaign get into full swing, then we will see all the mudslinging. It started already.

Deeks why yuh think I taking the stance I taking on Sancho?  Why yuh think I made that comment about setting aside my personal misgivings about his motives?  Why yuh think I made that comment about people only want to focus on they football?  It's clear to me that many on the main forum don't come into the General Discussion board or not reading the local papers back home.  This isn't about political or personal differences with Sancho, this particular government just plain vile.  They toxic.  You cannot roll around in shit and expect to come up smelling roses.  Let Brent haul he...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>