Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 169388 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Jack upstages Kamla on Central walkabouts
« Reply #450 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »
Jack upstages Kamla on Central walkabouts
By Renuka Singh (T&T Guardian)
Published: Sunday, July 5, 2015

ILP leader Jack Warner greets a resident of Enterprise, Chaguanas, during his walkabout yesterday. Photo: ABRAHAM DIAZ

A planned walkabout in embattled Enterprise, Chaguanas, by Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner yesterday upstaged an impromptu walkabout in the same area by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Warner and his ILP supporters walked right past the Postman Grounds where Persad-Bissessar and several top cops met with the residents to deliver football uniforms to the Crown Trace Football Club. The team has a game in Orlando, Florida, and the cost of flights and uniforms is being offset by the Government.

Even as Persad-Bissessar began her own walkabout moments behind Warner and took the same path that he did, she was met with a much different reaction.

She was joined by Minister of National Security, retired brigadier general Carl Alfonso; acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams; Chief of Defence Staff Major General Ken­­rick Maharaj; Central Division Snr Supt Johnny Abraham; and a 20-vehicle convoy. She was also accompanied by Chaguanas Mayor Gopaul Boodhan and MP for the area, Stephen Cadiz.

Warner was welcomed and cheered while very few people came forward to meet Persad-Bissessar and Cadiz.

The Sunday Guardian spoke with several residents, all of whom declined to allow photographs or give their names.

“Walking around now not helping we when we belly burning when the night come eh sister. People want jobs, people want to eat, drink and all they doing is talk,” one man said.

When asked why Warner was welcomed while Persad-Bissessar was given a colder reception, he said they were “accustomed seeing Warner in the back here.”

“We always seeing Warner, he was here a few times already just this week,” he said.

Another man refused to speak to the media but stood some distance away saying that the area remained neglected for years. When approached by Cadiz he kept stepping back, telling Cadiz that he didn’t know him and should leave him alone. “We never seen him in the back here,” one man said.

Another said that they needed jobs, income, food and help in the Enterprise area.

Warner has met quietly with several of the alleged gang leaders in the area over the past week and said that Persad-Bissessar was making the crime situation “political.”

“It’s only on election time we seeing them,” Warner said. “We didn’t tell anyone that we visit the area, we tell no one that we talk with the men in the various sections.”
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:34:17 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
Abraham Diaz secured a photo that many politicians would bristle at, or run from. Also fodder for John Oliver. Buh Jack eh care. :) Green is green he saying.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:39 AM »
Abraham Diaz secured a photo that many politicians would bristle at, or run from. Also fodder for John Oliver. Buh Jack eh care. :) Green is green he saying.

Jamaica has legalized the procession of small quantities of marijuana to help free up their legal system to concentrate on serious crime and most progressive countries are considering its legalization.

Plus Kamla wants to marry warner based on the find at her home that they were trying to keep quiet so why should Mr Warner the Green man care about what a member of the public is wearing once it’s similar to his ILP party colours and suggest support for his party? :-)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:07:13 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 06, 2015, 06:13:36 PM »
Hmmmm

Whoever pranking them have no sense in their head... Linking it to a cricket site only makes the Pnm as a party look bad and viewed as a party that stereotypes... Because the first thing that will happen is someone will say Pnm is up to it... Last time I checked every race and religion plays this sport in TT and it wasn't invented by a certain race being targeted on the site..

Race politics are a thing of the past for progressive democracies but some seem happy to vote based on this on this board.. Callous acts won't help an election campaign.. I amount this to a subtle move in the direction of a Trumpesque action....

Yuh does always find someway toblamePNM PNM - yuh true "yelow colours" really showing - why you hen. Just sing yuh ardo collect yuh payout and join the corruption likeahblight boss🐗

i'm not a blind partisan supporter like yourself, who made racist remarks against their fellow trinidadians... so let's get something straight here... someone hacking a website and doing something low, undermining, stereotyping a party is not going to win you an election...

I don't belong to any party but it's obvious what party you belong to and what you condone, so instead of outing racism, you throw gasoline in an already raging fire of hate... congrats AB Trini, you have indeed shown your true colors...
You must know what blind partisan politics I adhering too! You must be a mystic or obeah man you want to talk colours  and racism- ummm look at the politics yuh advocating for - look to the cabal look to theresent leadership we have in the various ministerial and see for your self what is being said and done then come back in here and be objective -
I have said over and over again we are a pluralistic society- with a history of diversity - it matters little as to the ethnicity of our leaders what matters is how  fair just and impartial they are in reducing marginality, and creating equitable opportunities for all to engage and participate in all aspects of society. How are the disenfranchised and lower socio economical class fearing in society? How are they dealing with disproportionate contracts and payouts to certain contractors? Who are the ones that are profiting from government handouts? Which constituents are being ignored because they voted for a different party?
Let' s talk about these issues not distracting by calling up the " race card" that is too simplistic  to default to - talk real talk and study what is really happening as oppose to get swamped by the gloss and propaganda. Yes before you call the kettle black check out your pot dey - yuh simmering too much under the heat.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=63001.msg905946#msg905946
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:16:54 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 06, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
You must know what blind partisan politics I adhering too! You must be a mystic or obeah man you want to talk colours  and racism- ummm look at the politics yuh advocating for - look to the cabal look to theresent leadership we have in the various ministerial and see for your self what is being said and done then come back in here and be objective -
I have said over and over again we are a pluralistic society- with a history of diversity - it matters little as to the ethnicity of our leaders what matters is how  fair just and impartial they are in reducing marginality, and creating equitable opportunities for all to engage and participate in all aspects of society. How are the disenfranchised and lower socio economical class fearing in society? How are they dealing with disproportionate contracts and payouts to certain contractors? Who are the ones that are profiting from government handouts? Which constituents are being ignored because they voted for a different party?
Let' s talk about these issues not distracting by calling up the " race card" that is too simplistic  to default to - talk real talk and study what is really happening as oppose to get swamped by the gloss and propaganda. Yes before you call the kettle black check out your pot dey - yuh simmering too much under the heat.

yet again you're confirming that not much changed in 25+ years!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #455 on: July 06, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »
Hmmmm

Whoever pranking them have no sense in their head... Linking it to a cricket site only makes the Pnm as a party look bad and viewed as a party that stereotypes... Because the first thing that will happen is someone will say Pnm is up to it... Last time I checked every race and religion plays this sport in TT and it wasn't invented by a certain race being targeted on the site..

Race politics are a thing of the past for progressive democracies but some seem happy to vote based on this on this board.. Callous acts won't help an election campaign.. I amount this to a subtle move in the direction of a Trumpesque action....

Yuh does always find someway toblamePNM PNM - yuh true "yelow colours" really showing - why you hen. Just sing yuh ardo collect yuh payout and join the corruption likeahblight boss🐗

i'm not a blind partisan supporter like yourself, who made racist remarks against their fellow trinidadians... so let's get something straight here... someone hacking a website and doing something low, undermining, stereotyping a party is not going to win you an election...

I don't belong to any party but it's obvious what party you belong to and what you condone, so instead of outing racism, you throw gasoline in an already raging fire of hate... congrats AB Trini, you have indeed shown your true colors...

why don't you address the underlying message the hacker was trying to get across by hacking the site and stop deflecting and sidestepping the act itself... I don't have all day to read your vast compilation of rubbish... don't waste my time, get to the point...

i don't respond to ignorant uneducated conversations that lead to nowhere, if you don't understand simple english and the point i was making... hard luck... because you even further prove you are a relic in the age of technology and progressive opinion and thought 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 06, 2015, 11:44:21 PM »
Hmmmm

why don't you address the underlying message the hacker was trying to get across by hacking the site and stop deflecting and sidestepping the act itself... I don't have all day to read your vast compilation of rubbish... don't waste my time, get to the point...

i don't respond to ignorant uneducated conversations that lead to nowhere, if you don't understand simple english and the point i was making... hard luck... because you even further prove you are a relic in the age of technology and progressive opinion and thought 
Deal with the issues of your said allegations- now you are resorting to faulty generalizations and attacking  a person you do not know. Typical emotional outburst rather than looking objectively at the issues. Anyhow lets beg to disagree and call it a day - I am not into petty pissing parties(PPP) 😄

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack hits President on ‘rumshop logic’
« Reply #457 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:00 AM »
Jack hits President on ‘rumshop logic’
Monday, July 6 2015 (T&T Newsday)

STICK WITH ME: ILP Political Leader Jack Warner greets residents of the Chaguanas East
Constituency during a walkabout on Thursday. Author: Vashti Singh

Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader, Jack Warner, has launched a frontal attack on President Anthony Carmona describing him of being unworthy of office for rejecting criticisms of his handling of the Integrity Commission (IC) as “rum-shop logic”.

At an ILP cottage meeting at Enterprise in Chaguanas West constituency last Thursday night, Warner alleged that Carmona was the country’s worst-ever President and must exit office along with Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

After the IC said it was ending its Emailgate probe, IC member Justice Sebastien Ventour resigned in dissent saying outstanding emails remain to be investigated, while Dr Shelly Anne Lalchan resigned citing “personal reasons”.

In last May’s impasse, Opposition Leader, Dr Keith Rowley, had urged the whole IC be reconstituted, but on July 1 President Carmona opted to just swear in new members to fill the two IC slots, attorney Rajeev Persad and retired educator, Angela Young Lai.

“I became very incensed when the President of this country could refer to those persons who oppose him as having ‘rumshop logic’. If he has rumshop friends, that is his business. If he was appointed by a rumshop government, that is his business. But it is wrong for him to lump all those persons who sensibly oppose him as ‘rumshop logic’.” Warner gave his view of what really was “rumshop logic.” “When he decides to appoint two persons to a Commission that has been tainted, that is rumshop logic. When he decides to appoint two persons to a Commission 67 days before a general election, when you know you have to consult the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition and (that) Kamla would be neither, he appointed them all the same — 67 days to go — that is rumshop logic.

“If anything today is a national embarrassment, that President is,” Warner said.

“It’s not possible but if it were possible, he and Kamla should leave together.” Warner vowed to do an editorial on Carmona in this week’s Sunshine.

Talking to reporters later, he criticised Carmona as lacking moral authority due to his $28,000 housing allowance received when living in State-supplied housing at Flagstaff Hill.

Saying all TT’s institutions are falling to pieces including education and the family, Warner alleged that Carmona has destroyed the Presidency. “He’s a one-term President”. Newsday asked if Warner risked public chiding by attacking the Head of State?

“The Head of State has no concern about doing that to the public. He has no concern about alienating the public (so) why should I have any concern about him.

Talking about the public, I am the grassroots; I am the man in the street, and therefore since he has lost the common touch and I have not, I have to remind him about that.”
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:11:07 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »

Rowley: Third force a wolf in sheeps clothing

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150707/news/rowley-third-force-a-wolf-in-sheep-clothing

THE newly formed Third Force Movement (TFM) is a next United National Congress (UNC) ?wolf in sheep's clothing?, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley has said.

The TFM will not win a polling division far less a seat in the parliament, Rowley said.

He made the statement on Monday night as the People's National Movement (PNM) held its ?A conversation with Dr Keith Rowley? event in St Joseph.

Rowley described the People's Partnership coalition party the Congress of the People (COP) as the ?biggest political disappointment in the Commonwealth? with a ?leader that sold its membership down the river to preserve a seat?.

Rowley then trained his guns on the TFM which was formed on Friday.

Former senate president Hamel-Smith is the party's chairman.

?You saw a political party being formed under Timothy Hamel-Smith let me tell you what that is, ask Mr Hamel Smith a question, is it that he has abandoned the COP and the COP principles? If the answer is yes then he is agreeing with the PNM that the COP is not worthy of your vote.

?And secondly how much of a UNC is that party? Let me tell you what that party is. That is a party led by Mr Hamel-Smith, who was as much a (People's) Partnership man as any Partnership could be but he only recently was in the bosom of the UNC seeking for his place in the UNC and still is but they know that there are people out there who voted for COP in the last election, they know that those persons cannot properly be encouraged to vote for the UNC again,? Rowley said.

Rowley said the purpose of the TFM is to ?siphon? away PNM votes.

?They know that those persons are likely to vote for the PNM so Mr Hamel-Smith and his group and the UNC conspired to form a political party with no hope whatsoever of winning a seat or a polling division no where in the country but in particular constituencies those persons who they believe will now in 2015 vote for the PNM they are hoping to siphon them off.

?They cannot ask them to vote for the UNC but they are hoping to siphon them away from the PNM so that their votes would not count in other words it is another UNC wolf in sheep clothing,? he said.

Rowley called on those who voted for the COP in the 2010 general election to choose the PNM this time around.

?But tonight I want to say to all those persons to all those persons who voted for the COP in the last election, who watched the COP encourage the UNC in its corrupt practice, in its maladministration, in whatever they have done wrong the PNM is saying that you are citizens of Trinidad and Tobago and the option for public administration for the next five years now that we have agreed that you cannot support the UNC and that there is no other option, the option you have available to you is the low serving People's National Movement.

?So you have to watch them very carefully it is all one design,? he said.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

Man how I miss this  ;D

This is one of the best speeches ah see on de campaign trail this election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiW31eWNxoo

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 14, 2015, 06:11:43 AM »
https://m.facebook.com/146990948676187/photos/a.148193578555924.29152.146990948676187/911003035608304/?type=1&theater

I seeing a union between PP and Third Force  :)
Ray Charles could see that... And he blind and dead.

The PP government believes that the Trinidad general public is very gullible.
And they have been embolden by all the criminal activities that they have been able to get away with since being in power and still being able to tell the country that your government is working for you.

In any serious nation the general public would have gone on continuous strikes and would have demanded that elections was called years ago not long after the illegal SoE was called and over 8,000 Black youths were innocently locked up without evidence of them doing anything illegal.

This PP government is pee peeing on the general population and calling it rain.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:15:30 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 14, 2015, 06:20:08 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zl5sop8KRyU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zl5sop8KRyU</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 14, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
i see ppl pongin rowley for wanting to setup a plywood industry in la brea

all i can say is we have some very short sighted and narrow minded people in this country

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »

all i can say is we have some very short sighted and narrow minded people in this country
Yeah well that's how things are. They rather ttec give tgu money daily for underutilized power and have nothing to show for it

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »

Yeah well that's how things are. They rather ttec give tgu money daily for underutilized power and have nothing to show for it

i thank God is Eric who had to make the call on what to do with our oil n gas and not a UNC forefather

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 15, 2015, 05:49:21 AM »

They want him to say he bringing back the Smelter so they could find another line of attack.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 15, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:27 PM »
SMDH  steups http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150715/news/the-third-force-movement-pulls-out

maybe dey cum too early ;D :D

:D dem remind me of a man who was told to go stage jus to make up time for the main artists to get demselves ready oui

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 15, 2015, 04:27:06 PM »
Well people make them out for what they are.  Makes no sense.  It would be interesting what happens as a result in Diego Martin west as a result.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 15, 2015, 05:34:49 PM »
Well people make them out for what they are.  Makes no sense.  It would be interesting what happens as a result in Diego Martin west as a result.

The same thing that was always going to happen.  Dr. Rowley putting pure cutarse on all comers........
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 16, 2015, 11:20:09 AM »

The same thing that was always going to happen.  Dr. Rowley putting pure cutarse on all comers........
:thumbsup:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 16, 2015, 03:20:05 PM »

I was actually talking about how many candidates there would be. PEA and a COP? I dunno about the UNC and their plans for it but with the Turd flushed as it should be.... What implications arise for their master plan?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 16, 2015, 04:20:40 PM »
Déjà vu Election!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2015, 11:39:42 PM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 19, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »
earlier diss thread I said the PP would find an avenue to worm their way out of the TTDC debate because they could not control it within the scope of the of plans set out by the PMs handlers' plans, so said so done.............notice also that UNC as a "brand" has been complete eliminated for the elections again clever marketing and tight control......I am actually convinced dat rowley taking part in d CNMG debate might of actually been bad for their plan initially but would have been played back into their hands anyway...................dem people feel dey smart......but worryingly it have plenty buying d tripe dey sellin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:30:33 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>