Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 168553 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #930 on: September 10, 2015, 10:09:08 AM »
On the topic of Sancho.....ah still waiting to see how much he lost by.  Initial figures shows it wasn't a blow out but still...... :whip: :whip: :flamethrower:

Damn arse!!  Yuh want to sell out.....go ahead.  The people aren't fools.....

I believe that Sancho lost to Glenda Jennings-Smith the PNM candidate for Toco/Sangre Grande by 2,365 votes.

Glenda Jennings-Smith polled 9,214 votes for the PNM while Sancho polled 6,849 votes for the UNC.

Go here for details: http://www.elections.tt/

I've been avoiding using these figures being bandied about because they are not OFFICIAL EBC figures.  I heard on I95.5fm earlier that the official figures were out but I'm not seeing anything on the EBC website.....

so is still unofficial...steups....hope d official figure can hold true regard the popular vote so dem racist assholes could shut  the f**k up

There is no doubt that the PNM won the popular vote and the official EBC figures when released will confirm this.

The unofficial figures from the Guaradian elections website were compiled using live data feed from the various polling stations around T&T.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 10, 2015, 10:14:05 AM »
Bourbon.....yuh see mih St. Joseph friend was right  :).  She always believed in Terrance Deyalsingh and that he would win.  I have a co worker who was always resolute that the PNM would win Tunapuna no matter what the polls were showing. 

As for them pollsters.....only Louis Bertrand/HHB was correct.  Nigel Henry kept saying the race was close but I feel he was just hedging so he could fashion the narrative a certain way when the results eventually came in......

Weary girl....about Watson Duke.  What ah goh say.....many, many apologies.....*sigh*

Terrence work real hard. In my church we divide up by zones as we have members all over. My zone had sports the Mt. Lambert cell was practicing he passed inquired who we were and two huge hampers arrived. Yes it was election season but I know MP's who would have done nutten.

In regards to Tunapuna Forde is the 21st century Eddie Hart.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 10, 2015, 10:17:29 AM »

The unofficial figures from the Guaradian elections website were compiled using live data feed from the various polling stations around T&T.
Still better to get it from the horse's mouth......and put to rest unequivocally...... IMHO
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:20:37 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #933 on: September 10, 2015, 10:55:13 AM »
I now realize how dotish some people could be over politricks... :D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 10, 2015, 11:16:10 AM »
I now realize how dotish some people could be over politricks... :D

You are correct in regards to the number of UNC supporters who have been spewing racist remarks on facebook since their party lost.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 10, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 10, 2015, 11:43:22 AM »
My wife is Jamaican and she is genuinely surprised that such a heated election like this passed without violence. She said in JA, no way two motorcades could pass each other in the road without fight or shots.

Long may it continue in sweet TT.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 10, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

Very nice but then I suspect they go and spew racist remarks at each other on facebook when they don't have to deal with each other face to face.  :D

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
not that last couple tho Pro...only thing them spewing at each other is sweet nothings in each other's ear ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 10, 2015, 12:17:31 PM »
on the extra hour argument how in d hell could u know u heading to victory, and under what circumstances would that 1 hour be significant enough to get anybody dat wasn't going to vote to change their minds....ah mean yuh tacitly suggest that all dese peopl dat voted in dat last hour magically knew dat d result would be different then come and vote to change d outcome.......in a very real way yuh claimin dat yuh woulda win by default, dem for real with dat assness.....I suspect dat in dat last hour most of d people dat voted were already there or on their way anyways.....and any attempt to further mobilize people vote would have been pointless in the grand scheme......again complete and utter assness..........would like to see a judge try and uphold dat nonsense within the law........u need only look at how UNC supporters vote in safe seats, dat alone will tell yuh dat most sure UNC votes would have already found dey way to d polls long before six as would have been people from other parties, for d most part
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:23:44 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 10, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
The PP know they don't have any legal claims to have the EBC rule the election null and void. What they are now doing is rallying the belief in their masses that the election was stolen. It's all about propaganda. 

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 10, 2015, 12:52:38 PM »

[/quote]

Most UNC supporters have been miss-educated and groomed to be tribal in their voting and put being power above what is good for the country.
[/quote]

These are things have been happening within the parochial Hindu schools and the Mandirs for years where SAT has his claws where the sense of nationalism is skewed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 10, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »
The PP know they don't have any legal claims to have the EBC rule the election null and void. What they are now doing is rallying the belief in their masses that the election was stolen. It's all about propaganda. 

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 10, 2015, 01:43:54 PM »

Spot on.  Some are singing ...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Uxh4CzZgkj0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Uxh4CzZgkj0</a>

Selah.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 10, 2015, 02:28:01 PM »

I'll take it one step further... what they are doing is deflecting blame for them losing the election.  Better to spin it as "they tief we" rather than offer it for what it is... "we f**k up and de people was fed up."

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 10, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »

I'll take it one step further... what they are doing is deflecting blame for them losing the election.  Better to spin it as "they tief we" rather than offer it for what it is... "we f**k up and de people was fed up."
so what is the verdict now a new election on the horizon as i have been hearing on the radio, or does the results stands? i can't believe that no one is addressing this neither on the new government side or the opposition side and where does the president stand on this issue. are they going to court or not? boy there's never a dull day in trinidad and tobago.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 10, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
so what is the verdict now a new election on the horizon as i have been hearing on the radio, or does the results stands? i can't believe that no one is addressing this neither on the new government side or the opposition side and where does the president stand on this issue. are they going to court or not? boy there's never a dull day in trinidad and tobago.

Yuh not hearing any talk about it on the national level because the argument has no legs.  The EBC has already responded, rejecting their petition out of hand.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 10, 2015, 03:24:03 PM »

Exactly!

Now they will spite the blasted show and misuse the seats dey have in parliament  to block warranted progress! Shit they could have easily accomplished with the power the people gave them originally.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 10, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

Yuh not hearing any talk about it on the national level because the argument has no legs.  The EBC has already responded, rejecting their petition out of hand.
yes the EBC has rejected their petition, but it's supposed to be before the court as we type and out of the EBC's hands. not saying that the court would side with them, but there's going to be a drawn out process no doubt because of the simple disposition of the former government.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:32:11 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 10, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »

Exactly!

Now they will spite the blasted show and misuse the seats dey have in parliament  to block warranted progress! Shit they could have easily accomplished with the power the people gave them originally.
wow does my eyes deceive me?  i can't believe that you of all people has gone against the unc for once.  good show ole man.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 10, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »

Exactly!

wow does my eyes deceive me?  i can't believe that you of all people has gone against the unc for once.  good show ole man.
where have I gone "for" the UNC? or any other political party?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »

Exactly!

where have I gone "for" the UNC? or any other political party?
don't read too much into this, it was simply a passing comment.
maybe what i intended to convey was your anti rowley sentiments and concurrence with that ultra dud called controversial.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 10, 2015, 04:06:46 PM »
Jumbie does jus play devil's advocate to elicit balance in d discussion, or so it seems......yuh doh always be sure though.
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 10, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »
these unc people can't even let the pnm supporters enjoy their victory, now we will have this long drawn out foolishness like what took place between al gore and george bush in 2000, what a bummer.  shame shame

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 10, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 10, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
these unc people can't even let the pnm supporters enjoy their victory, now we will have this long drawn out foolishness like what took place between al gore and george bush in 2000, what a bummer.  shame shame

Nothing is going to be drawn out. No serious court will entertain the UNC's BS argument especially as it has been dismissed by the EBC based on the EBC own rules that they operate by.

The UNC is just doing this to deflect blame for losing the elections and to keep their supporters in their required ignorance.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:29:04 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 10, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
On the topic of Sancho.....ah still waiting to see how much he lost by.  Initial figures shows it wasn't a blow out but still...... :whip: :whip: :flamethrower:

Damn arse!!  Yuh want to sell out.....go ahead.  The people aren't fools.....

I believe that Sancho lost to Glenda Jennings-Smith the PNM candidate for Toco/Sangre Grande by 2,365 votes.

Glenda Jennings-Smith polled 9,214 votes for the PNM while Sancho polled 6,849 votes for the UNC.

Go here for details: http://www.elections.tt/

I've been avoiding using these figures being bandied about because they are not OFFICIAL EBC figures.  I heard on I95.5fm earlier that the official figures were out but I'm not seeing anything on the EBC website.....

Tv6 just announced PNM has won the popular vote. My friend do you still need more convincing?  :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:20:09 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 10, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »
yes the EBC has rejected their petition, but it's supposed to be before the court as we type and out of the EBC's hands. not saying that the court would side with them, but there's going to be a drawn out process no doubt because of the simple disposition of the former government.

The issue is serious enough that the court is obliged to address it, but unless the PP government could point to some procedural violation by the EBC (where they were supposed to notify them and did not), then they really don't have a leg to stand on.  Even if the court, in the unlikeliest of circumstances, agrees with them that there was a procedural violation, the court then would have to consider what redress is owed them.  If the PP can show that without a doubt they would have won had polls closed on time then maybe the court invalidates any ballot cast after 6 pm.  I don't know how they'd even be able to prove that, so overturning the results is extremely unlikely.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 10, 2015, 06:01:33 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 10, 2015, 08:29:48 PM »
2015 election results posted on EBC website for those interested:

www.ebctt.com/wp-content/uploads/Results-of-the-Parliamentary-Election-Held-on-Monday-7th-September-2015.xlsx

So based on the EBC official figures, PNM won both the majority of seats in the elections and also the popular vote.

Total electorate = 1,099,279

Total Votes cast = 734,792

Voter turnout = 66.84%

PNM = 378,447 votes   

PNM won 51.68% of the total votes

PP (UNC+COP+NJAC+TOP) = 341,537 votes

PP (UNC+COP+NJAC+TOP) won 46.65 % of the total votes

UNC = 290,066 votes

UNC won 39.61 % of the total votes

COP = 43,911 votes

COP won 6.01 % of the total votes 

ILP = 5,123 votes

ILP won 0.70% of the total votes

Other Parties won 2.37% of the total votes

PNM = 23 Seats

PP (UNC=17 + COP=1 + NJAC=0 + TOP=0) = 18 Seats

Confirmation link: Data | Elections And Boundaries Commission
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 02:54:27 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>