Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 168610 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #540 on: July 24, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
All yuh see the latest installment in the norowley campaign??  Hear nah.....I really doh know who advising these A-holes......but let them continue, is best the PNM stop campaigning and leave the UNC to it cuz like dem campaigning for the PNM to win......
Imagine the plot twist if Rodney Charles is a PNM sleeper cell
I doubt dat, he jus dotish like he employers

...............ah see ross distance deyself from dat...like dey smellin someting rutten and want to get out while d gettin good...............or dey holdin dey cards close in antipation of a lean 5 years if dey employers loose

From what I understand, Rodney Charles was a staunch PNM.  A Manningite.  So I guess he is one ah dem dat "juss cyar stand Rowley....."  smh......hear nah.....all the man's moves just leaving me speechless.....

ting is......I couldn't stand d man either.....straight forward fella .....but no guile ..........and rough around d edges......still doh tink he handle e-mailgate atall well but he seems to be fitting himself into the role of captain fairly well otherwise.....still has no guile though....but that may be a good ting....time goh tell

Lefty, yuh sure you want him to have guile??

at least enough to recognize ah monkey trap when yuh see one or about to say someting dat could put yuh in one......alyuh may not see it but a certain amount of artfulness might be required to see off these people or at least to not get sucked in to their games.

fight without fighting tsun tzu
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:30:50 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 24, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
All yuh see the latest installment in the norowley campaign??  Hear nah.....I really doh know who advising these A-holes......but let them continue, is best the PNM stop campaigning and leave the UNC to it cuz like dem campaigning for the PNM to win......

...............ah see ross distance deyself from dat...like dey smellin someting rutten and want to get out while d gettin good...............or dey holdin dey cards close in antipation of a lean 5 years if dey employers loose

From what I understand, Rodney Charles was a staunch PNM.  A Manningite.  So I guess he is one ah dem dat "juss cyar stand Rowley....."  smh......hear nah.....all the man's moves just leaving me speechless.....

ting is......I couldn't stand d man either.....straight forward fella .....but no guile ..........and rough around d edges......still doh tink he handle e-mailgate atall well but he seems to be fitting himself into the role of captain fairly well otherwise.....still has no guile though....but that may be a good ting....time goh tell

Yuh make mih go and look up guile.....and yuh sure yuh want him to have that??   ???

Anywho, ppl who say dey doh like Rowley when yuh ask dem why its usually, he too arrogant, he too black, he from Tobago, he rough......so imagine my surprise when I had the opportunity to talk to him, albeit briefly no more than 10 - 15 mins on 3 occassions.....the impression he left me with is that he eh nutten like that (i.e. arrogant and rough).....yes he black and he from Tobago so I guess if you doh like him for that well I eh too sure what he could do about it.

Poor fella.  He could never measure up to the window dressing we have right now......all fluff and no stuff.  I goh take a rough, black, guileless, Tobagonian over she any day.....

me too........but. as I said........given peoples' skewed perception of him.....and the willingness of the gov't to play dat......his chess skills might just be needed.........find ah way to make yourself more attractive without changing who u are ......but maybe find a way to use , their game to your advantage
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 09:10:19 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 24, 2015, 09:48:44 AM »

at least enough to recognize ah monkey trap when yuh see one or about to say someting dat could put yuh in one......alyuh may not see it but a certain amount of artfulness might be required to see off these people or at least to not get sucked in to their games.

:thinking: :thinking:  right, right. 

Ah think I gotcha.....like the "ignore her cat" comment??  I heard when he said it and didn't find it offensive but lawd fadder they spin that thing like a top!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 24, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »

:thinking: :thinking:  right, right. 

Ah think I gotcha.....like the "ignore her cat" comment?? I heard when he said it and didn't find it offensive but lawd fadder they spin that thing like a top!!!....
:thumbsup: :applause: exactly
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 24, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »

CARICOM to observe T&T general elections

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/CARICOM-to-observe-T-T-general-elections

The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) will send a mission to observer the September 7 general elections as a pre-election assessment mission from the Commonwealth.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2015, 07:03:09 PM »
Any of these parties say what they're plan is for SPORTS !!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Breds, you serious!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2015, 08:34:11 PM »

Breds, you serious!

Deeks I dead serious. Look what happen in Trinidad today. What is the ONLY ting that brought some joy to de people today Keshorn gold.God bless our athletes who put out sweat and tears with very little infrastructure and support. It is time we have a damn government that is pro sport.money spent in all the wrong places when sport is what brings people together,promotes de country and creates a sense of identity.Again I ask which  one of these parties have said what they'll do for sports

footnote: yuh doh believe meh check out de cricket dis weekend

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
I jus get a call on my home phone....didn' reach it in time so d answering machine pick-up ......I hear Kamla voice inviting people to conference call....now my question is how is my person info being used or abused by TSTT......further should I be receiving unsolicited marketing calls from anybody outside of TSTT themselves especially I mih number unlisted an' yes woulda still be vex if was Rowley voice
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
Forumites allyuh really believe that you personal data is sacrosanct. In the Us people talk about not wanting their data in the hands of govt and the private industry sell all to personal info to the highest bidder. You still get calls from companies that you don't know existed.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »
Is not just tstt. Digicel too... My bro in law get called twice. Land lines I could understand but cell phones I don't think so. It also seems zoned... Because there was a meeting in guaico soon after and like they were targeting names there.

Just throwing out a guess lefty... You in the chaguanas area? A friend of mine got called tonight too...I guessing the Monday night forum next stop is around there
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2015, 07:16:24 PM »
Is not just tstt. Digicel too... My bro in law get called twice. Land lines I could understand but cell phones I don't think so. It also seems zoned... Because there was a meeting in guaico soon after and like they were targeting names there.

Just throwing out a guess lefty... You in the chaguanas area? A friend of mine got called tonight too...I guessing the Monday night forum next stop is around there
nah south closer to la Brea
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 29, 2015, 11:23:33 AM »
I jus get a call on my home phone....didn' reach it in time so d answering machine pick-up ......I hear Kamla voice inviting people to conference call....now my question is how is my person info being used or abused by TSTT......further should I be receiving unsolicited marketing calls from anybody outside of TSTT themselves especially I mih number unlisted an' yes woulda still be vex if was Rowley voice

Ah waiting for them to call me. I will interrogate the UNC/PP tool and record the conversation then post it on social media. They are very desperate right now

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #553 on: July 29, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

Ah waiting for them to call me. I will interrogate the UNC/PP tool and record the conversation then post it on social media. They are very desperate right now

make sure to use a voice disguiser  :D :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »

make sure to use a voice disguiser  :D :D

Doh worry yuhself Contro  ;D

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
PNM: Launch of Central and South Candidates
« Reply #555 on: July 30, 2015, 05:13:11 AM »
Video of PNM Meeting on Tuesday night at Harris Promenade in San Fernando!

Launch of Central and South Candidates
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vDS05mc92_I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vDS05mc92_I</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #556 on: July 30, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
Duane O' Connor - A Nation's Call
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rpO_9mz0LI0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rpO_9mz0LI0</a>
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
sssooooooo uuuuummm anybody taking een de PM debating she self??
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
Yes, I take-in it in. She taking evey possible advantage to seek another term.

Almost to the end of the third segment Kamla was looked at her watch, she said " I dont know how much time we have" then she went on to answer the question.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:49:40 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2015, 06:46:33 PM »
What sort of measures were used to select the panel as well as the questions?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 30, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »

Eenny meeny, miny moe??  :-\ :-\
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 30, 2015, 10:46:52 PM »

Eenny meeny, miny moe??  :-\ :-\
Only in Trinidad. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:49:19 PM by davyjenny1 »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 02, 2015, 07:07:25 AM »
PP: 21 PNM: 20
Close race between Partnership, PNM

Poll results and seat projection
With just weeks remaining until the September 7 general election, the SBS poll and seat projection anticipates a close race between the People's National Movement (PNM) and the People's Partnership (PP).

The model suggests there is a 93% chance that the final result will be 21-20, with Tunapuna being the closest seat. In the poll, the PP has a better chance of winning Tunapuna at the current time. Other seats such as St. Joseph, La Horquetta/Talparo, or Lopinot/Bon Air West are also projected to be won by close margins.

Methodology
The Poll: SBS interviewed 1,412 adults in Trinidad and Tobago via live telephone calls from July 6th to July 22nd. The respondents were sampled from households of registered voters in the 257 polling divisions in Trinidad and Tobago, whose election results best predict the national election results in past elections between 2000 and 2010. There are a total of 1,547 polling divisions in Trinidad and Tobago. The margin of error of the poll is +/- 3%. The poll was commissioned by the Express Newspapers.

The Modeling/Simulation: SBS grouped all polling divisions into seven clusters, using the kmeans algorithm. Each cluster exhibited similar patterns in election results (or “electoral swings”) in the five general elections since 2000. Using the poll, SBS then estimated the current swing, or change in political support, within each cluster of polling divisions and therefore the estimated level of support for each party in every polling division. Respondents would claimed to be undecided were modelled as having the average partisanship of their polling division. To quantify the uncertainty in the projection, SBS ran 10,000 simulations using a technique called bootstrapping which repeatedly samples the sample of 1,412 interviews to determine how sensitive a result is to in-sample variance.

The 2015 general election race between the PNM and the People's Partnership could not be closer. The SBS poll model and electoral seat projection says that just one seat is likely to separate the two on September 7.

The general shape of the poll results follows a similar pattern to the last SBS poll: The favourability of the Prime Minister continues to outstrip that of the Leader of the Opposition, and the rate of undecided voters remains over 30%. These results will be detailed further in Part II of this report.

The ILP's appeal has reduced to below 3%. They are unlikely to even re-elect a candidate in Chaguanas West. Other parties combined for 3%.

Using the simulation outlined in the methodology, SBS anticipates that the constituencies of Tunapuna, La Horquetta/Talparo, and Lopinot/Bon Air West, are most likely to be the closest, and that Tunapuna is likely to make the difference. The model suggests that up to 6 seats may be a margin of less than 1,000 votes.

The larger sample size of the poll, and the further assumption that “undecided” voters may vote according to historical patterns at the polling division-level significantly reduced the uncertainty in the model compared to the last Express poll.

Path to 21 seats
Of the 10,000 simulations run, only 2 (0.02%) presented the possibility of a party winning without Tunpauna. Only 7% of the runs featured one party winning more than 21 seats. In almost all of these cases – in a case where the PNM wins Moruga/Tableland or the People's Partnership wins Lopinot/Bon Air West – that party also wins Tunapuna.

About Solution by Simulation
Solution by Simulation Limited (SBS) is a data analysis firm which uses computer modelling to probe and provide insight into human behaviour. SBS provides market research and data analysis services for a number of commercial, academic, and civil society clients. SBS was founded by Nigel AR Henry, BS (Yale) MA (GWU), following Mr. Henry's service as the lead numerical analyst for the Southeast US for Obama for America campaign. SBS debuted in Trinidad and Tobago producing the only published poll to forecast the 12-0 victory of the PNM in the 2013 THA Elections. Over five elections in 2013 and 2014, Solution by Simulation has proven to be consistently accurate in its pre-election polling.

http://trinidadexpress.com/20150801/news/pp-21-pnm-20
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 02, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »
PP: 21 PNM: 20
Close race between Partnership, PNM

With just weeks remaining until the September 7 general election, the SBS poll and seat projection anticipates a close race between the People's National Movement (PNM) and the People's Partnership (PP).

The model suggests there is a 93% chance that the final result will be 21-20, with Tunapuna being the closest seat. In the poll, the PP has a better chance of winning Tunapuna at the current time. Other seats such as St. Joseph, La Horquetta/Talparo, or Lopinot/Bon Air West are also projected to be won by close margins.

Methodology
The Poll: SBS interviewed 1,412 adults in Trinidad and Tobago via live telephone calls from July 6th to July 22nd. The respondents were sampled from households of registered voters in the 257 polling divisions in Trinidad and Tobago, whose election results best predict the national election results in past elections between 2000 and 2010. There are a total of 1,547 polling divisions in Trinidad and Tobago. The margin of error of the poll is +/- 3%. The poll was commissioned by the Express Newspapers.

The Modeling/Simulation: SBS grouped all polling divisions into seven clusters, using the kmeans algorithm. Each cluster exhibited similar patterns in election results (or “electoral swings”) in the five general elections since 2000. Using the poll, SBS then estimated the current swing, or change in political support, within each cluster of polling divisions and therefore the estimated level of support for each party in every polling division. Respondents would claimed to be undecided were modelled as having the average partisanship of their polling division. To quantify the uncertainty in the projection, SBS ran 10,000 simulations using a technique called bootstrapping which repeatedly samples the sample of 1,412 interviews to determine how sensitive a result is to in-sample variance.

The 2015 general election race between the PNM and the People's Partnership could not be closer. The SBS poll model and electoral seat projection says that just one seat is likely to separate the two on September 7.

The general shape of the poll results follows a similar pattern to the last SBS poll: The favourability of the Prime Minister continues to outstrip that of the Leader of the Opposition, and the rate of undecided voters remains over 30%. These results will be detailed further in Part II of this report.

The ILP's appeal has reduced to below 3%. They are unlikely to even re-elect a candidate in Chaguanas West. Other parties combined for 3%.

Using the simulation outlined in the methodology, SBS anticipates that the constituencies of Tunapuna, La Horquetta/Talparo, and Lopinot/Bon Air West, are most likely to be the closest, and that Tunapuna is likely to make the difference. The model suggests that up to 6 seats may be a margin of less than 1,000 votes.

The larger sample size of the poll, and the further assumption that “undecided” voters may vote according to historical patterns at the polling division-level significantly reduced the uncertainty in the model compared to the last Express poll.

Path to 21 seats
Of the 10,000 simulations run, only 2 (0.02%) presented the possibility of a party winning without Tunpauna. Only 7% of the runs featured one party winning more than 21 seats. In almost all of these cases – in a case where the PNM wins Moruga/Tableland or the People's Partnership wins Lopinot/Bon Air West – that party also wins Tunapuna.

About Solution by Simulation
Solution by Simulation Limited (SBS) is a data analysis firm which uses computer modelling to probe and provide insight into human behaviour. SBS provides market research and data analysis services for a number of commercial, academic, and civil society clients. SBS was founded by Nigel AR Henry, BS (Yale) MA (GWU), following Mr. Henry's service as the lead numerical analyst for the Southeast US for Obama for America campaign. SBS debuted in Trinidad and Tobago producing the only published poll to forecast the 12-0 victory of the PNM in the 2013 THA Elections. Over five elections in 2013 and 2014, Solution by Simulation has proven to be consistently accurate in its pre-election polling.

http://trinidadexpress.com/20150801/news/pp-21-pnm-20

So K-means https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-means_clustering is based on clustering which SBS used to force people into one of 2 groups...when there are actually 3 (a full one-third of the data set is undecided!!). Most will say that k-means fails in scenario, so he is basically banking all of his money on "Respondents would[sp] claimed to be undecided were modelled[sp] as having the average partisanship of their polling division"...The other predictions look interesting though.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 02, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
I just want somebody to explain to me how the PP could be winning Tunapuna at this point and they haven't named a candidate as yet.

I could understand that in a safe seat where it doesn't matter who is the candidate but in a marginal??!!!  And Tunapuna is DE MARGINAL of all marginals.

So how de PP winning at this time without a candidate named and campaigning in the constituency??   ??? :-\   :thinking: :waiting:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 02, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
I just want somebody to explain to me how the PP could be winning Tunapuna at this point and they haven't named a candidate as yet.

I could understand that in a safe seat where it doesn't matter who is the candidate but in a marginal??!!!  And Tunapuna is DE MARGINAL of all marginals.

So how de PP winning at this time without a candidate named and campaigning in the constituency??   ??? :-\   :thinking: :waiting:

Ultimately, this is a prime ministerial election....who wants Rowley as PM will vote for the respective PNM candidate in their constituency....who wants Kamla will vote accordingly.  It's clear to me that people are willing to put up with poor representation at the constituency level if it means their preferred party/leader will be in power.
If the polls are to be believed, (and for reasons I can't seem to comprehend) Kamla still enjoys a high approval rating ....so I guess the Kamla lovers will vote for any PP stooge they put in the constituency as long as queen Kamla reigns supreme.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 03:24:40 PM by Michael-j »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 02, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »
UNC campaign manager Rodney Charles think he slick by evading the questions from Journalists

https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/videos/vb.192696260772574/922226957819497/?type=2&theater

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 03, 2015, 05:51:13 PM »

The fact that UNC has only named less than 10 candidates with just one month remaining before elections simply means they are using "Kamla" name to win the election. I see their foot soldiers all over social media saying don't worry about who your candidate will be, just remember to vote for Kamla.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
Brent on de UNC podium live on ctnt.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #569 on: August 03, 2015, 06:20:55 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150802/letters/the-new-pnms-moving-target

The ‘new’ PNM’s moving target
Published on Aug 2, 2015, 8:29 pm AST

Trying to hit a moving target is how Fitzgerald Hinds described PNM’s failed attempts over their 40 years in power trying to deal with the problems in T&T on a recent Morning Edition interview with Fazeer Mohammed. It’s a work in progress as the target keeps moving he says. Boy I like this Rastafarian too bad. In his usual animated and witty manner he tried his best not to associate or disassociate Rowley’s “new PNM” with the “old PNM”.

A conundrum to say the least—as no matter how you try you can’t change DNA. Dr Rowley may very well make a good PM but he can’t change where he came from and who he is—a product of the PNM. But you know something I have looked at his slate of candidates and save and except a few old party hacks to appeal to the diehards he has presented a majority of new few faces—a new PNM?

In fact when you listen to him he actually speaks to the need for a change in culture—a culture that has been cultivated by the said PNM over generations. So would the “new PNM” if elected to governance have the political balls to take action to change an inherently cynical society, burdened by escalating crime, a pervasive Carnival mentality, and a PNM culture of near total dependency on the State?

Or would the target continue to be moving?

Ricardo Lijertwood

1]; } ?>