Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 169112 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
Never have I seen or read of such political immaturity and myopic thinking as what is being propogated by some ministers and the general public-

The  say no to Rowley campaign- is a bitter testament to a shift from looking at political agendas to personal  character  degration. Likewise the all for Kamla is immature and lame i attempting to garner emotional sympathy and votes to mask political realities- with many constituents void of declared candidates, how could the electorates be so dumbfounded and chupid to turn to you ent see crap one more time?
I continue to be appalled and disdained by the political ignorance and mass misleading propaganda . Youknow trishaws become an ethno tribal show of who could align best with those willing to provide political favours for personal gains -Shameshame - wakeuppeople and see the yampee in yuh eyes before yuh say no or yes to anyone.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #571 on: August 05, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
What sort of measures were used to select the panel as well as the questions?
T&T is ah real backward place. The general public including the opposition party now expressing concerns regarding questions asked by journalists.   smh!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2015, 09:41:26 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9FTU89uHo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9FTU89uHo</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2015, 04:21:11 PM »

People all over FB posting the email messages Kamla sending them begging for their vote  :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2015, 05:48:26 PM »
Sando, doh laugh. When it comes to politics, people do strange things to win. The purpose is to win at all cost.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9FTU89uHo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pw9FTU89uHo</a>

Real something g that with all the factual evidence cited it have people  done ready to dismiss what is before them and set to bring back imcompetence as the order of the day! When was the last timely uh saw so many ministers sacked /resigned  or some still hiding behind ah skirt begging fuh mercy?
Is this the kind of government " Controversial' people want? It seems so lol

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:52 AM »

People all over FB posting the email messages Kamla sending them begging for their vote  :rotfl:

I was feeling unimportant then I see it in my spam.

Problem is last time I checked...my name wasn't Nigel.  :-\ I wasnt sure if I reply giving them reason to contact me further.

Honestly, I think this is better than calls on personal numbers though. Spam is spam...mine get pick up by the filter.

*Edit: A man in work here get it too...on his WORK email...which he only used outside of work on his GATE form. So...are these bits of contact information being lifted from official government documentation? Is this legal for a party to do this? Cause this is not the government of Trinidad and Tobago contacting you...its a party campaigning.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:37:18 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #577 on: August 06, 2015, 09:07:50 AM »

Real something g that with all the factual evidence cited it have people  done ready to dismiss what is before them and set to bring back imcompetence as the order of the day! When was the last timely uh saw so many ministers sacked /resigned  or some still hiding behind ah skirt begging fuh mercy?
Is this the kind of government " Controversial' people want? It seems so lol

I'm not a partisan supporter like yourself AB.. I'm not that dumb to get catch by politicians

Who is my people? My people is the people of Trinidad and Tobago, regardless of race or religion.. So explain to me what you mean by my people?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 06, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bFd535tU9wA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bFd535tU9wA</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 06, 2015, 09:35:26 PM »
The emphasis is onthe word controversial not a person- what yuh think yuh have copyrights to the word or title?  Look man people who  are controversial like the Commess - I sure yuh EH like dat? Lol relax doh take bait so nah.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 06, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »
wow been following this election due to this thread and truth be told i am intrigued. this prime minister is a slick one isn't she, i  must say that it was a cheeky decision to call the election on the labor day in brooklyn which is a high travel season for west indians who go away for the summer both in the UK and in america. the questions is, does trinidad and tobago engage in absentee ballots for people who cannot be present on the island for the elections?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:45 PM »
wow been following this election due to this thread and truth be told i am intrigued. this prime minister is a slick one isn't she, i  must say that it was a cheeky decision to call the election on the labor day in brooklyn which is a high travel season for west indians who go away for the summer both in the UK and in america. the questions is, does trinidad and tobago engage in absentee ballots for people who cannot be present on the island for the elections?

NO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 07, 2015, 05:48:48 AM »

NO
In special circumstances they do... Like if you working offshore etc.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »
30 days......30 reasons why I cyar vote for you Kams.....starting today till 7th Sept.....
1. ‪#‎soe‬ cuz juss so, juss so you get ah morning and decide to curtail my free movement. Lock up ah setta ppl for nothing....gone from here 'oman!!!!
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150802/letters/the-new-pnms-moving-target

The ‘new’ PNM’s moving target
Published on Aug 2, 2015, 8:29 pm AST

Trying to hit a moving target is how Fitzgerald Hinds described PNM’s failed attempts over their 40 years in power trying to deal with the problems in T&T on a recent Morning Edition interview with Fazeer Mohammed. It’s a work in progress as the target keeps moving he says. Boy I like this Rastafarian too bad. In his usual animated and witty manner he tried his best not to associate or disassociate Rowley’s “new PNM” with the “old PNM”.

A conundrum to say the least—as no matter how you try you can’t change DNA. Dr Rowley may very well make a good PM but he can’t change where he came from and who he is—a product of the PNM. But you know something I have looked at his slate of candidates and save and except a few old party hacks to appeal to the diehards he has presented a majority of new few faces—a new PNM?

In fact when you listen to him he actually speaks to the need for a change in culture—a culture that has been cultivated by the said PNM over generations. So would the “new PNM” if elected to governance have the political balls to take action to change an inherently cynical society, burdened by escalating crime, a pervasive Carnival mentality, and a PNM culture of near total dependency on the State?

Or would the target continue to be moving?

Ricardo Lijertwood

Ever since Dr. Rowley took over the helm of the party I've found him to be more open than his predecessors to changing things.  Two prime examples are removing the balisier on ties in Parliament (its optional now) and removing the veto power for the selection of candidates.

On top of that, he offered himself for reelection of Political Leader a year before the elections were due so PNMites could decide for the GE who they preferred to lead them into battle.

For those who are claiming they are not hearing the issues or hearing of his plans can go to the party's you tube channel and specifically tune into the "Conversation with Dr. Rowley" Q&A sessions that are live streamed every Monday night online.

They've replayed two of those sessions on CNC3 and TV6 in the past 2 - 3 weeks. I find those sessions more informative than what is presented in the typical platform campaign style. 

But overall, T&T real friggin hard to govern!!  The ppl who offer themselves up real brave yes.....not me I eh able....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:20 AM »

NO
In special circumstances they do... Like if you working offshore etc.

Member of the Police, army.  People who working for the Election and Boundaries commission on election day, if you work in Trinidad or Tobago but is registered to vote on the other island, if you will be in hospital (carded for surgery for example)......they are referred to as Special Electors..

But being out of the country doesn't count.  The legislation (like so many others) needs revising............
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 07, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150802/letters/the-new-pnms-moving-target

The ‘new’ PNM’s moving target
Published on Aug 2, 2015, 8:29 pm AST

Trying to hit a moving target is how Fitzgerald Hinds described PNM’s failed attempts over their 40 years in power trying to deal with the problems in T&T on a recent Morning Edition interview with Fazeer Mohammed. It’s a work in progress as the target keeps moving he says. Boy I like this Rastafarian too bad. In his usual animated and witty manner he tried his best not to associate or disassociate Rowley’s “new PNM” with the “old PNM”.

A conundrum to say the least—as no matter how you try you can’t change DNA. Dr Rowley may very well make a good PM but he can’t change where he came from and who he is—a product of the PNM. But you know something I have looked at his slate of candidates and save and except a few old party hacks to appeal to the diehards he has presented a majority of new few faces—a new PNM?

In fact when you listen to him he actually speaks to the need for a change in culture—a culture that has been cultivated by the said PNM over generations. So would the “new PNM” if elected to governance have the political balls to take action to change an inherently cynical society, burdened by escalating crime, a pervasive Carnival mentality, and a PNM culture of near total dependency on the State?

Or would the target continue to be moving?

Ricardo Lijertwood

Ever since Dr. Rowley took over the helm of the party I've found him to be more open than his predecessors to changing things.  Two prime examples are removing the balisier on ties in Parliament (its optional now) and removing the veto power for the selection of candidates.

On top of that, he offered himself for reelection of Political Leader a year before the elections were due so PNMites could decide for the GE who they preferred to lead them into battle.

For those who are claiming they are not hearing the issues or hearing of his plans can go to the party's you tube channel and specifically tune into the "Conversation with Dr. Rowley" Q&A sessions that are live streamed every Monday night online.

They've replayed two of those sessions on CNC3 and TV6 in the past 2 - 3 weeks. I find those sessions more informative than what is presented in the typical platform campaign style.

But overall, T&T real friggin hard to govern!!  The ppl who offer themselves up real brave yes.....not me I eh able....

You can find all them conversations online from the PNM youtube channel here;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AairfcC3wEYoJJecveSqA

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 07, 2015, 07:38:26 PM »
So Anika Gumbs is making claims about an incident that happened with Dr Rowley in January that made her feel uncomfortable but yet she went back to do an interview with him on April 9th and then again on April 20th and she decided to retire from the Express on August 7th because of the incident.  :D

Boy Rodney Charles yuh working real hard for this election win
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:02:49 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 08, 2015, 01:09:44 AM »

the ends always justify the means!! this is politics. By all means necessary!!!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 09, 2015, 04:13:44 AM »
So Anika Gumbs is making claims about an incident that happened with Dr Rowley in January that made her feel uncomfortable but yet she went back to do an interview with him on April 9th and then again on April 20th and she decided to retire from the Express on August 7th because of the incident.  :D

my goodness trini elections do have a lot of drama dont it. now it is rowley's turn to sit on the hot plate. what an idiot. i wonder why he is always getting mixed in with sexual misconduct? i am afraid that this one here might sink ole rowley if he dont come up with something more believable than a simple "i didnt do it". in light of the bill cosby rape fiasco my guess is that women will be less enthusiastic to vote for the bloke especially when he was accused of raping a school girl in tobago years ago and gyrating on the 17 year old chick on carnival day, now this which makes him out to be a little too hot in the pants

it's my opinion if he loses this election then it would serve him right for lacking vigilance and not protecting himself from these obvious traps, it's like he didn't learn anything from the french hopeful dominique strauss kahn whom i strongly believe was set up by francois hollande and his people. i like this guy but if i was a voter i would rather have a silly doltish woman than a sexual deviant male PM. i think it's safe to say bye bye rowley it looks like check mate to me and you could kiss being the prime minister good bye. it seem like kamla has finally huff his king. controversial will have a party in rowley's dishonor.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:19:18 AM by pull stones »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 09, 2015, 07:45:04 AM »

my goodness trini elections do have a lot of drama dont it. now it is rowley's turn to sit on the hot plate. what an idiot. i wonder why he is always getting mixed in with sexual misconduct? i am afraid that this one here might sink ole rowley if he dont come up with something more believable than a simple "i didnt do it". in light of the bill cosby rape fiasco my guess is that women will be less enthusiastic to vote for the bloke especially when he was accused of raping a school girl in tobago years ago and gyrating on the 17 year old chick on carnival day, now this which makes him out to be a little too hot in the pants

it's my opinion if he loses this election then it would serve him right for lacking vigilance and not protecting himself from these obvious traps, it's like he didn't learn anything from the french hopeful dominique strauss kahn whom i strongly believe was set up by francois hollande and his people. i like this guy but if i was a voter i would rather have a silly doltish woman than a sexual deviant male PM. i think it's safe to say bye bye rowley it looks like check mate to me and you could kiss being the prime minister good bye. it seem like kamla has finally huff his king. controversial will have a party in rowley's dishonor.

uuuummmm yuh know why Vernella Allyene-Toppin was replaced by another loser candidate for the TOP in Tobago East??  Because Tobagonians was set like mappipre for she arse should she have dared to appear on a platform.  Yuh know why?  Because she was the one the UNC used to bring that rape a school girl foolishness under the cover of Parliament and was roundly condemned for it in all quarters....

This was after the wine on a young girl trick lost steam.....now this......

The initial response to Ms. Gumbs' story so far has been, "she for real??"  of course I expect the UNC propaganda machine to go into high gear with it and turn off more ppl in the process......

My fear is, we eh see nutten yet......de UNC probably eh pull off their most nasty trick yet.....they sicken me.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 09, 2015, 09:19:07 AM »

You drank the UNC election tactics (yellow cool-aid). I am sure more people in T&T not drinking this cool aid

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 09, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
no no no SP and brown sugar you have me all wrong. what i intended to convey was that dr rowley knows these people better than you and i combined yet he keeps finding himself in these kind of compromising positions knowing fully well the nature of politics and how dirty it can be. why on earth did he even allow this woman to come to his home for an interview in the first place, and why wasn't his wife or someone present when this interview was being conducted, and why on earth would you carry yourself so unprofessional by showing up half naked (bare chested) for an interview especially when you are vying for the highest office in the land?

dr rowley should have known better especially after these people drug him through the mud with the land issue he should leave no stone unturned knowing fully well that these people was trying their best to make him out to be be some kind of sexual predator and not fit to lead, yet despite threats against his life he found himself in a mass costume down in san fernando and without his wife at his side giving these morons another shot at him. this here is not about whether he did it or not, it's about him not having the mindset of due diligence to avoid these people and not render any opportunity for a scandal to hatch. that is my gripe with the good doctor, he needs to be more professional and less colloquial.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 09, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
no no no SP and brown sugar you have me all wrong. what i intended to convey was that dr rowley knows these people better than you and i combined yet he keeps finding himself in these kind of compromising positions knowing fully well the nature of politics and how dirty it can be. why on earth did he even allow this woman to come to his home for an interview in the first place, and why wasn't his wife or someone present when this interview was being conducted, and why on earth would you carry yourself so unprofessional by showing up half naked (bare chested) for an interview especially when you are vying for the highest office in the land?

dr rowley should have known better especially after these people drug him through the mud with the land issue he should leave no stone unturned knowing fully well that these people was trying their best to make him out to be be some kind of sexual predator and not fit to lead, yet despite threats against his life he found himself in a mass costume down in san fernando and without his wife at his side giving these morons another shot at him. this here is not about whether he did it or not, it's about him not having the mindset of due diligence to avoid these people and not render any opportunity for a scandal to hatch. that is my gripe with the good doctor, he needs to be more professional and less colloquial.

I have these same concerns..........sometimes d forethought and ability to to think on his feet does be lacking......yuh have to be ready to cover yuh angles and check yuh corners in this game..............especially with dem snake
I pity the fool....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 09, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »
sexual predator vs incompetent drunk?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 09, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

Incompetent predator v sexual drunk?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 09, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »

Incompetent predator vs competent sexual, corrupt, divisive drunk?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:34:26 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 09, 2015, 06:38:01 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CCqI2fbXqTc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CCqI2fbXqTc</a>

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:22:12 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 09, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »

^^ Very good strong delivery speech from Shamfa Cudjoe

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 09, 2015, 06:59:21 PM »

Incompetent predator vs competent sexual, corrupt, divisive drunk?

stick to posting links.. yuh come back in the deep end!

1]; } ?>