Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 168609 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
sexual predator vs incompetent drunk?

Incompetent predator vs competent sexual, corrupt, divisive drunk?

stick to posting links.. yuh come back in the deep end!

Stick to being an occasional peeper so I will not have to embarrass you again

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2015, 07:33:23 PM »
because I care

embarrass me  :rotfl:  :rotfl: that is your refection you're seeing in the darkspot in the screen kid.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 10, 2015, 09:02:43 PM »
"NATIONAL SECURITY MINISTER CONFIRMS THREAT AGAINST DR KEITH ROWLEY

Confirmation from the National Security Minister that there is indeed a death threat against the life of Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

Minister Brigadier Carlton Alfonso says the matter is being investigated by law enforcement officials."

Khamal Georges has more.

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153546882962996/?fref=nf

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:04:56 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2015, 04:49:18 AM »

Confirmation from the National Security Minister that there is indeed a death threat against the life of Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

Minister Brigadier Carlton Alfonso says the matter is being investigated by law enforcement officials."

Khamal Georges has more.

Yuh know...at first when they asked him he didnt know.

This beyond normal ridiculous now. Not sure how credible it is or could be but in the aftermath of Dana's murder....cant be chanced.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2015, 09:52:20 AM »

Khamal Georges has more.

Yuh know...at first when they asked him he didnt know.

This beyond normal ridiculous now. Not sure how credible it is or could be but in the aftermath of Dana's murder....cant be chanced.

same ting I saying!

all threats have to be taken seriously regardless who is doing the threat. Now that it is confirmed there was a threat then I see no reason for the ant-Rowley Kamla lovers to still criticize the issue

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 12, 2015, 03:54:34 AM »
as much as rowley impresses me with his charisma charm and gift of gab i am afraid that he has went out and lost this election for the PNM by being accused of this inappropriate conduct allegations leveled this witch of a journalist. this might be the final nail in the good doctors political coffin simply because he was accused of sexual misconduct not once twice but three times in a row with this being the fourth, how much bullets could he dodge?

rowley may have a strong following who may stay faithful despite all the allegations, but we must keep in mind that there are people on the fences who may not be so happy to stain their finger for such a man whether how true or false the allegations may be, seeing that there might be a pattern here regarding his inability to curb his sexual urges. people whom he may need to give him the edge. not saying that the gumbs chick was honest about her alleged encounter, but had the dr not went to carnival and stayed home with his family and sat that carnival out instead, he may have had some wiggle room to deny these new allegations (strike two). i would also think that after that carnival debacle that he would have learned a lesson and had kept his wife close to him on april 9 and 20th during his interviews with mizz gumbs knowing full well that the UNC was trying to set him up with the 17 year old on carnival day and would more than likely try again with someone else, yet rowley didn't take heed and treated this thing like it was in the bag (strike three).

it would be an absolute miracle if rowley pulled this one off for the simple fact that he's already portrayed in the media as a bullish aggressive crude individual, and to add sexual deviant to the list might just be the tipping point the persad bissessar's cabal may have been hoping for in order to steal another five years from the unsuspecting impressionable doltish as all hell john public. as we all know image is every thing especially in trinidad, and maybe not so much in tobago.  good luck keith ole man, you will need it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:43:56 AM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 12, 2015, 09:40:43 AM »
There are rumblings within the COP over the selection of a UNC supporter for the Tunapuna seat.  :D

Nobody in Tunapuna know who is this man. Is like the UNC/PP scraping the bottom of the barrel for candidates.

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Grumbling-Over-COP-Tunapuna-Candidate--2780---321335941.html

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:31:16 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 12, 2015, 09:42:42 AM »

.. and what going on here  :rotfl: this is to bring some laughter into the thread. (but it may have some truth to it eh)

https://www.facebook.com/Gelasintus/videos/10153555807096018/

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 12, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 12, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »

^^ Most people in Trinidad not taking that Anika Gumbs story seriously because it not adding up and raise more questions about her and questions the validity of her allegations than anything else. Iz only meh boy pull stones in here kecthing a heart attack  :D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »

^^ Most people in Trinidad not taking that Anika Gumbs story seriously because it not adding up and raise more questions about her and questions the validity of her allegations than anything else. Iz only meh boy pull stones in here kecthing a heart attack  :D
assuredly not. in all honesty i dont know anything about politics in trinidad and tobago other than what i heard at my dinner table or what i have read on social media and in the news media. it's only recently after the excitement of the gold cup came to an end and with the european football leagues still out i ventured into the general discussion only because this controversial bloke was on about PNM this that and the other so i engaged him, and regrettably so.

believe me when i say that i don't sweat anything that is going on in trinidad ATM. one day i will like to move to tobago and build a nice ranch if i get the land that is, and would like to see a stable government installed so i could invest my life savings in a stable economy, plus trinidad and tobago is my home so why wouldn't i want the best for the nation? i would like nothing better than to see it's leaders take advantage of it's full potential, and there in lies my concerns.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 13, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »

assuredly not. in all honesty i dont know anything about politics in trinidad and tobago other than what i heard at my dinner table or what i have read on social media and in the news media. it's only recently after the excitement of the gold cup came to an end and with the european football leagues still out i ventured into the general discussion only because this controversial bloke was on about PNM this that and the other so i engaged him, and regrettably so.

believe me when i say that i don't sweat anything that is going on in trinidad ATM. one day i will like to move to tobago and build a nice ranch if i get the land that is, and would like to see a stable government installed so i could invest my life savings in a stable economy, plus trinidad and tobago is my home so why wouldn't i want the best for the nation? i would like nothing better than to see it's leaders take advantage of it's full potential, and there in lies my concerns.
Dude do yourself a favor and stop posting..the nonsense you are talking is absolutely mind-boggling but you justify it with you don't sweat about anything in TnT my lawd go back under your rock.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 13, 2015, 02:08:38 PM »

Dude do yourself a favor and stop posting..the nonsense you are talking is absolutely mind-boggling but you justify it with you don't sweat about anything in TnT my lawd go back under your rock.

for real...you don't sweat anything going on in Trinidad but you want to move back to Tobago?? ??? ???

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 13, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »

for real...you don't sweat anything going on in Trinidad but you want to move back to Tobago?? ??? ???
i guess the term "ATM" (at the moment) and "one day" holds very little significance and flew right over your head in your haste to be critical aye mate? it seems like reading comprehension is a rare commodity with the aggressors around here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:29:57 PM by pull stones »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 14, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »

Jack: ILP strategy to not fight Tunapuna, St Joseph

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150814/news/jack-ilp-strategy-to-not-fight-tunapuna-st-joseph

By Joel Julien

THE INDEPENDENT Liberal Party (ILP) will not be contesting the upcoming general election in the Tunapuna and St Joseph constituencies.

This was disclosed by the party’s political leader, corruption-accused Jack War­ner, at an ILP meeting in Arima on Thursday night.

Warner said the ILP deci­ded not to send any candidates in the two constituencies as a strategic move to ensure there is a “straight fight” between the People’s National Movement (PNM) and the People’s Partnership.

However, the ILP will tell the electorate in those two constituencies who not to vote for.

Warner also des­cribed the Con­gress of the People’s (COP) prospective candidate for Tunapuna, Hamlyn Jailal, as “a UNC (United National Congress) in COP clothes”.

“No shame what­soever. No screening, and I say tonight, we have made a vow, we shall not put any candidates in Tunapuna and St Joseph,” said War­ner.

“It will be a straight fight between the PNM and the UNC. Straight fight, but with one diffe­r­ence.

“We shall campaign in those two constituen­cies. We shall talk to those two constituencies, and we shall tell our supporters who not to vote for.

“Because at no point in time must we do any­thing to jeopardise the chances of mo­ving Kamla (Persad-Bissessar) from office,” War­ner said.

Strategic move

Warner said the move not to field any candidates in the two marginal constituencies was a strategic one.

“We did a survey and a poll, our private poll; it said that if we go into St Joseph and Tunapuna that would cause a division and the UNC may win. We were told that.

“And, therefore, we said that being the case, we will not go there,” Warner said.

The ILP is expected to contest 31 seats in the September 7 general election, Warner said.

“We felt that the candidates we had were not of the level or the standard to fight Siparia, Oropouche East, Naparima and so on, so there are some selected constituencies where we felt we would not waste time and money.

“Because the critical thing for us to do is to get three to five, seven seats.

“When it happens, we shall be in charge,” he said.

The ILP is scheduled to unveil its candidates from 6 p.m. tomorrow at Dollar Value Supermarket, Montrose Junction, Chaguanas.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 14, 2015, 08:55:38 PM »
RODNEY CHARLES IN THE MIX TOO  ;D

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:04:57 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Surprise UNC candidates for Tunapuna and Sando West
« Reply #616 on: August 15, 2015, 09:01:08 AM »
Surprise UNC candidates for Tunapuna and Sando West
Published: Saturday, August 15, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar last night announced United National Congress (UNC) candidates to contest two marginal seats previously held by their coalition partners, the Congress of the People.

They are former Senate President Raziah Ahmed for San Fernando West and economist Wayne Munroe for Tunapuna.

They were among candidates named at Rienzi Complex, Couva, shortly after 10 pm. Other newcomers on the UNC slate include People’s Partnership campaign manager Rodney Charles, who will be contesting the Naparima seat and Minister of the People Christine Newallo-Hosein, the candidate for Cumuto/Manzanilla.

Persad-Bissessar said not all the party’s candidates had yet been named because a few seats were still being negotiated.

The PP will present their full slate of candidates tomorrow at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

The UNC candidates named so far are:

Siparia: Kamla Persad-Bissessar

Caroni East: Dr Tim Gopeesingh

Chaguanas West: Ganga Singh

San Juan/Barataria: Dr Fuad Khan

Chaguanas East: Fazal Karim

Couva North: Ramona Ramdial

Couva South: Rudy Indarsingh

Cumuto/Manzanilla: Christine Newallo-Hosein

Diego Martin North East: Garvin Nicholas

Fyzabad: Lackram Bodoe

La Horquetta/Talparo: Jairam Seemungal

Mayaro: Roger Morales

Naparima: Rodney Charles

Oropuche East: Dr Roodal Moonilal

Oroupouche West: Vidya Guyadeen-Gopeesingh

Port-of-Spain North/St Anns West: Eli Zakour

Moruga/Tableland: Clifton de Couteau

San Fernando West: Raziah Ahmed

Pointe-a-Pierre: Dr David Lee

St Anns East: Don Sylvester

St Joseph: Vasant Bharath

Tabaquite: Suruj Rambachan

Toco/Sangre Grande: Brent Sancho

Tunapuna: Wayne Munroe
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 09:09:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Prakash, Samuel, Douglas among old guard ...COP goes with 8 candidates
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2015, 09:24:27 AM »
Prakash, Samuel, Douglas among old guard
COP goes with 8 candidates

By Rhonda Krystal Rambally (T&T Guardian)
Published: Saturday, August 15, 2015

COP leader Prakash Ramadhar, centre, introduces his slate for the September 7 general elections at the Bishop Anstey/Trinity College East auditorium in Trincity last night. From left is Dr Lincoln Douglas (Lopinot/Bon Air West), Rodger Samuel (Arima), Patricia Metivier-Cedeno (D’abadie/O’meara), Wendell Eversley (Arouca/Maloney), Ashaki Scott (San Fernando East), Avonelle Hector (Diego Martin West) and Cleveland Garcia (Port-of-Spain South). Photo: ABRAHAM DIAZ

The Congress of the People (COP) will not be contesting the marginal Tunapuna and San Fernando West seats in the September 7 general election, apparently giving them up to the more dominant partner in the People’s Partnership, the United National Congress.

In making the announcement last night at a candidates rally at Trinity College East, COP leader Prakash Ramadhar said the party, which entered the coalition Government in 2010 with six seats, will now contest eight seats, seven of which are historically won by the People’s National Movement.

Ramadhar himself will contest the St Augustine seat while the only two other incumbents, Dr Rodger Samuel and Dr Lincoln Douglas, will face the electorate again in Arima and Lopinot/Bon Air West, respectively.

Earlier this week, Ramadhar had announced UNC operative Hamlyn Jailal as the party’s candidate for the bellwether seat of Tunapuna, but after Thursday’s night of negotiations among PP leaders Jailal was rejected in favour of a UNC candidate.

On Tuesday, Ramadhar had said Jailal was “the best choice” for that seat.

This means that the UNC will contest at least 26 seats, since the National Joint Action Committee has listed five candidates and the Tobago Organisation of the People has already chosen two candidates.

The COP is the second largest party in the People's Partnership.

Four months ago, Ramadhar was confident when he told reporters that the party would contest at least 13 seats in the next general election. He said then that the party would go after all the seats it had contested in the 2010 elections.

Back in 2010 the party contested the constituencies of Arima, D’Abadie/O’Meara, Lopinot/Bon Air West, San Fernando West, St Augustine, Tunapuna, Arouca/Maloney, Diego Martin Central, Diego Martin West, Laventille East/Morvant, Laventille West, Point Fortin and Port-of-Spain South.

But the fallout among top party members over the five years of the partnership and the ensuing contentious internal party elections have influenced two key players who were successful, Winston Dookeran in Tunapuna and Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan in San Fernando West, to opt out of the election contest.

Last night eight candidates were announced at the Presentation of Candidates Rally, dubbed ‘Serious People, Serious Politics.’

Speaking after the announcement, Ramadhar was tight-lipped about the decision to bypass Jailal, chairman of the UNC’s Tunapuna constituency.

Asked how he felt about the allocation of seats, he said, “We are about quality and we are also about quantity.”

He added, “There are still some outstanding matters that we will resolve. On Sunday I ask you to please be present to see the best slate of 41 candidates for all of Trinidad and Tobago.”

Pressed about the Jailal matter twice, Ramadhar repeated his previous statement.

The COP's candidates:

1. Port-of-Spain South - Cleveland Garcia

2. Diego Martin West - Avonelle Hector

3. San Fernando East - Ashaki Scott

4. Arouca/Maloney - Wendell Eversley

5. D'abadie/O'Meara - Patricia Metivier

6. Arima - Dr Rodger Samuel

7. Lopinot/Bon Air West - Dr Lincoln Douglas

8. St Augustine - Prakash Ramadhar
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 15, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »

Gypsy boy yuh get used and abused.

Look how Rodney Charles give himself a safe seat eh. Maybe not UNC safe anymore since he contesting that seat

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PNM Candidate Launch - Woodford Square (Happening now - Watch Live!!)
« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
PNM Candidate Launch - Woodford Square (Happening now - Watch Live!!)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eShCWBMi7KA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eShCWBMi7KA</a>
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:18:49 PM by Socapro »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 15, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
Listen to this man condem the same government he now going to run for inMayaro-
 Talk about hypocracy? What do these people really stand for?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgXh_Nxhdm0

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 15, 2015, 11:53:09 PM »
For the sake of reference....I posting up some maps from the past general elections. From 2000.Dont have the amount of votes cast but I think that on Wikipedia.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 16, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »
Listen to this man condem the same government he now going to run for inMayaro-
 Talk about hypocracy? What do these people really stand for?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgXh_Nxhdm0

Maybe dais why they changed him and bring in this man now. UNC screening committee clueless right now.

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/photos/a.10152268785070610.1073741835.377693645609/10153506374310610/?type=1&fref=nf

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 16, 2015, 08:47:02 PM »
People of sweet T&T. I was at a BBQ on Saturday. a few vacationing Trinis expressed to me that they may not vote in the upcoming elections. When I asked why, their answer was astonishing and a bit disappointing. Despite disapproving of the current administration their dislike for the other Parties leader prevents them from voting. I will never tell someone who to vote for. But by not voting in my opinion is the same as voting for the party that you disapprove of. People of T&T on Sept 7th. let your voices be heard VOTE.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
People of sweet T&T. I was at a BBQ on Saturday. a few vacationing Trinis expressed to me that they may not vote in the upcoming elections. When I asked why, their answer was astonishing and a bit disappointing. Despite disapproving of the current administration their dislike for the other Parties leader prevents them from voting. I will never tell someone who to vote for. But by not voting in my opinion is the same as voting for the party that you disapprove of. People of T&T on Sept 7th. let your voices be heard VOTE.

A lot of people will be voting to get rid of Kamla.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 20, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »

PNM launched their manifesto for the country today. See the manifesto in its entirety here

http://pnm.org.tt/images/pdf/PNM_Manifesto_2015.pdf

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 21, 2015, 02:36:01 AM »

PNM launched their manifesto for the country today. See the manifesto in its entirety here

http://pnm.org.tt/images/pdf/PNM_Manifesto_2015.pdf
great job sando, but i was streaming the presentation of the manifesto on tv6 last night and i have to tell you that imbert's presentation was rewarding despite his unsavory remarks made when he took to the podium, apart from that it was a lovely presentation. and just when it was getting good the stream failed and i couldn't get it back no matter how i tried.

can you or anyone for that matter post the video clip of the presentation? would be much appreciated.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 21, 2015, 02:44:55 AM »
as a new comer to all this election bachanal i believe that i am getting sucked in. there's never a dull moment and i would love to catch up on all the happenings before election day, especially since living in new york is so blooming boring and social media is my only friend ATM, which remind me i have a question, who the in dickens is isha wells and what is her connection to keith rowley?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 21, 2015, 09:43:13 PM »
as a new comer to all this election bachanal i believe that i am getting sucked in. there's never a dull moment and i would love to catch up on all the happenings before election day, especially since living in new york is so blooming boring and social media is my only friend ATM, which remind me i have a question, who the in dickens is isha wells and what is her connection to keith rowley?

No special personal connection. A PNM radio host supporter (I think she is still a supporter) who had a recent fall out with the party.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 21, 2015, 09:44:47 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OlvdwaiKELc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OlvdwaiKELc</a>

1]; } ?>