Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 168582 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »

I have no interest in being a UNC/PP agent, mostly because I don't support them and in general don't support partisanship. I'm content being a neutral.

I'm probably being altruistic, but I wish folks could just stop drowning themselves in this PNM circle jerk and pay attention to history. We've had PNM governments before (with many of the same people on the current platform), and voted them out because of ridiculous scandals and corruption. In this thread though, it seems like people are comfortable sweeping pre-2010 history under the rug, which is just an unfortunate approach to making an educated vote.

In the absence of a third party of with sustainable electoral viability/fortunes, this is to be expected. Nothing I've stated is news to you. What should the electorate do?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 26, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
Like I said to Controversial earlier in the thread. NOTHING is stopping members from posting UNC/PP related news. Instead of criticizing or complaining one can become the difference.
I have no interest in being a UNC/PP agent, mostly because I don't support them and in general don't support partisanship. I'm content being a neutral.

I'm probably being altruistic, but I wish folks could just stop drowning themselves in this PNM circle jerk and pay attention to history. We've had PNM governments before (with many of the same people on the current platform), and voted them out because of ridiculous scandals and corruption. In this thread though, it seems like people are comfortable sweeping pre-2010 history under the rug, which is just an unfortunate approach to making an educated vote.

Well I consider myself one of the middle.....however, unfortunately for the PP the level of crap that they've done in the past 5 years is just too much to bear.  In my case, I voted for them and I feel personally responsible for the mess. 

And no, I don't have blinkers on where the PNM is concerned.  I've said before on many occasions that I will be right back here cussing about some scandal under the PNM. And that's why I'm quite prepared to hold them accountable for the things they've said they will do e.g. local government reform.

Bottom line is I put on a hazmat suit and voted PP in 2010, I'll put on a gas mask and vote PNM this time around.....I don't have another choice right now........
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 26, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »

In the absence of a third party of with sustainable electoral viability/fortunes, this is to be expected. Nothing I've stated is news to you. What should the electorate do?

Ah mean, this is a political thread. If you find it one sided, please post the opposition or other parties political platform.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 26, 2015, 05:41:21 PM »
Where everybody was when we were right here bashing Patrick Manning and the PNM 5 years ago??  Now we anti-PP??  Steups!!

The very vocal pro-PP then voices gone silent.  They too shame I guess. 

The mere fact that we appear to be on the verge of voting back the PNM in 5 short years goes to show, we just going round and round with these parties.  However, I'm not about to rest on my laurels should the PNM come back into power.   I'll be watching them like a hawk just as I did with the PP.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 26, 2015, 05:58:19 PM »
Where everybody was when we were right here bashing Patrick Manning and the PNM 5 years ago??  Now we anti-PP??  Steups!!

The very vocal pro-PP then voices gone silent.  They too shame I guess. 

The mere fact that we appear to be on the verge of voting back the PNM in 5 short years goes to show, we just going round and round with these parties.  However, I'm not about to rest on my laurels should the PNM come back into power.   I'll be watching them like a hawk just as I did with the PP.....
Ah yes d old lets indulge pp f**kry cause PNM do f**kry before argument...... These people does amaze me with that tripe......
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:03:19 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2015, 06:09:28 PM »
And on sweeping 2010 under d rug...........massive 2010- waste has long since been eclipsed by massive 2010+ highway robbery.....so balance restored.....
I pity the fool....

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2015, 06:21:04 PM »
PNM Political meeting in Point Fortin

http://tunein.com/radio/Vibe-CT-105-1051-s13632/
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 26, 2015, 06:29:27 PM »
Like I said to Controversial earlier in the thread. NOTHING is stopping members from posting UNC/PP related news. Instead of criticizing or complaining one can become the difference.

I don't think anyone is sweeping anything under the rug..People are well aware of the pre-2010 history. However, people are more acutely aware of the post 2010 history because the very things they voted against in 2010 ( nepotism, corruption, lack of transparency, etc) are the very things that define this PP government. I'm not voting for the PNM in this election because I'm comfortable with the pre-2010 history; I'm voting PNM because this PPG government should not be rewarded with  another term in office after having made such a mess of things over the past 5 years. I also live in the hope that the PNM has learnt from their past transgressions and are prepared to make amends this time around. It may seem like a vicious cycle, but in the absence of a viable third party, that is the reality of politics in T&T.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 26, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »
PNM Political meeting in Point Fortin

http://tunein.com/radio/Vibe-CT-105-1051-s13632/

The old soldier is speaking well...seems at ease at the podium.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 26, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Dr. Keith Rowley speaking.

Reviving the Smelter is not in the current PNM manifesto.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »
I am backing the PNM*

Published on Aug 26, 2015, 9:16 pm AST
By Joel Julien
joel.julien@trinidadexpress.com

san juan
KISHORE RAMADHAR, the brother of Congress of the People (COP) political leader Prakash Ramadhar, says he has a “moral imperative to remove the People’s Partnership from power” because the coalition is “dangerous for the country”.
Ramadhar, who is a member of the COP, made the statement yesterday as he defended his decision to attend a People’s National Movement (PNM) political meeting in San Juan on Tuesday night.
A handful of other former members of the COP executive attended the meeting along with Ramadhar.
Ramadhar said he has not joined the PNM but is throwing his support behind the party for this general election.
He is advising other COP members to also follow suit.
“My reason for doing so (attending the PNM meeting) was basically to tell the population and primarily the former COP supporters that it is okay at this point to support the PNM.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150826/news/i-am-backing-the-pnm

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »
Dr. Rowley is questioning the optics of the CONCACAF cheque that was meant for Central FC being deposited into Minister Brent Sancho's personal bank account while he is a Minister in Government.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 26, 2015, 08:47:38 PM »
Dr. Rowley is questioning the optics of the CONCACAF cheque that was meant for Central FC being deposited into Minister Brent Sancho's personal bank account while he is a Minister in Government.
D optics doh look good, but very plausible explanations exists, as put forward in d football board thread so,...... .......
I pity the fool....

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 26, 2015, 08:54:55 PM »
D optics doh look good, but very plausible explanations exists, as put forward in d football board thread so,...... .......

Yeh, but you know the politicians will try to get as much mileage as possible.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 26, 2015, 08:59:28 PM »

Yeh, but you know the politicians will try to get as much mileage as possible.
Was still a kinda "unsmart" but if yuh in ah bind....wah goh do
I pity the fool....

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2015, 10:05:20 AM »
I don't think anyone is sweeping anything under the rug..People are well aware of the pre-2010 history. However, people are more acutely aware of the post 2010 history because the very things they voted against in 2010 ( nepotism, corruption, lack of transparency, etc) are the very things that define this PP government. I'm not voting for the PNM in this election because I'm comfortable with the pre-2010 history; I'm voting PNM because this PPG government should not be rewarded with  another term in office after having made such a mess of things over the past 5 years. I also live in the hope that the PNM has learnt from their past transgressions and are prepared to make amends this time around. It may seem like a vicious cycle, but in the absence of a viable third party, that is the reality of politics in T&T.

I think that's an absolute fair post, but if you take a step back and read this thread for the last 15 pages, I think you can see the rug-sweeping is pretty evident.

And on sweeping 2010 under d rug...........massive 2010- waste has long since been eclipsed by massive 2010+ highway robbery.....so balance restored.....
That's an unfortunate and simplistic view to hold that might be suffering from recentism.

Bottom line is I put on a hazmat suit and voted PP in 2010, I'll put on a gas mask and vote PNM this time around.....I don't have another choice right now........

Substitute president for choosing a T&T political party.

Oh I know our reality, it's either a UNC/PP or PNM gov't next month. But I'm specifically talking about this thread and the tone that has been carried forward for the last few pages - there's a sentiment here that seems to suggest that the PNM is a brand-new party or has governed T&T in some utopia in the past.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
That's an unfortunate and simplistic view to hold that might be suffering from recentism.

your point proposed a simplistic argument for invalidation and I "saw" and "raised" said simplistic point
I pity the fool....

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
your point proposed a simplistic argument for invalidation and I "saw" and "raised" said simplistic point
No, you made a broad statement about the relative corruption between the two parties, i.e.:

massive 2010- waste has long since been eclipsed by massive 2010+ highway robbery

The above is simplification and recentism. Has anyone actually put a dollar value on the corruption between the two regimes? In 2010 when Rowley got fired by Manning, Rowley said that the UDECOTT corruption in the 2000s under the PNM was "10 times that of the Piarco airport". The Piarco corruption was estimated to be around $1 billion TT, so if we take Rowley's word UDECOTT alone was a $10 billion TT corruption over the period.

I'm not suggesting that the PP/UNC is less corrupt than the PNM, or their scandals are smaller, but your post is exactly what I'm talking about where people just fail to apply critical analysis comparing the two and easily dismiss the magnitude of the issues we had prior to 2010.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 27, 2015, 02:55:27 PM »
No, you made a broad statement about the relative corruption between the two parties, i.e.:

massive 2010- waste has long since been eclipsed by massive 2010+ highway robbery

The above is simplification and recentism. Has anyone actually put a dollar value on the corruption between the two regimes? In 2010 when Rowley got fired by Manning, Rowley said that the UDECOTT corruption in the 2000s under the PNM was "10 times that of the Piarco airport". The Piarco corruption was estimated to be around $1 billion TT, so if we take Rowley's word UDECOTT alone was a $10 billion TT corruption over the period.

I'm not suggesting that the PP/UNC is less corrupt than the PNM, or their scandals are smaller, but your post is exactly what I'm talking about where people just fail to apply critical analysis comparing the two and easily dismiss the magnitude of the issues we had prior to 2010.
That's just it nobody dismissing it, but in the face of the fact dat corruption has gotten worst rather than better, the notion dat a changing what exists now is somehow unadvisable , ridiculous at best
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »
All this pro-ant argument is just politics as usual. This normal. But you still have to vote. There are 3 parties. Vote ILP if allyuh want to show that you all can make a difference. Show you all are the socalled voice of the people. But the reality is, most people will vote UNC- PNM. It is just like the U.S. All these fringe parties spring up around Iowa caucus. Then Nov. 5th, is either the elephant or the jackass parading.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
All this pro-ant argument is just politics as usual. This normal. But you still have to vote. There are 3 parties. Vote ILP if allyuh want to show that you all can make a difference. Show you all are the socalled voice of the people. But the reality is, most people will vote UNC- PNM. It is just like the U.S. All these fringe parties spring up around Iowa caucus. Then Nov. 5th, is either the elephant or the jackass parading.

:D :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2015, 05:02:40 PM »
Even Prakash brother will not vote for COP. He voting for PNM. Prakash wha yuh have to say? :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-08-27/prakash’s-brother-vows-vote-pnm

Kishore Ramadhar, the brother of Congress of the People (COP) leader Prakash Ramadhar, has vowed to vote for the PNM in the September 7 general election.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »

LAWD Gypsy yuh take the cake with this one. Ah forget how good yuh was at ex-tempo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osprsxzA6Gk&feature=youtu.be

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 29, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CmnA3KnVx38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CmnA3KnVx38</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 29, 2015, 05:25:17 PM »
PNM campaign song - Let's Do This by Isasha
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gNesq_P4luE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gNesq_P4luE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 29, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »

Dr Rowley was on fire yesterday in St Augustine. This man does speak with the conviction of  putting a dagger in his opposition hearts :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XwRLdn23bqM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XwRLdn23bqM</a>
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:23:26 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 29, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
^^ Allyuh see the UNC coffin above from minute 37:21.. dat coffin will pass in every meeting now  :rotfl:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 30, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
^^ Allyuh see the UNC coffin above from minute 37:21.. dat coffin will pass in every meeting now  :rotfl:

It made its debut in the rally at Woodford Square......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 30, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »

It made its debut in the rally at Woodford Square......
didn't rowley object to that coffin in question calling for the supporters to have respect for the dead? at least that is what i read in the news.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 30, 2015, 09:30:07 PM »
OK people is less than 8 days before election day.. expect any and everything to be thrown at us now eh

Ah done seeing polling from two different pollsters saying two different outcomes with two different winners

1]; } ?>