Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 169485 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2015, 08:59:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I7KpCKnB0j0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I7KpCKnB0j0</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 03, 2015, 09:23:30 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gNesq_P4luE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gNesq_P4luE</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 03, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
saw more polls today dat says the gov't will win a next term.....ting is I feel it so close because PNM has had such a poor record of dealing with d "little things" that people are willing to neglect the big picture, because the PP has been able to in some way blind people to big issues by handling little tings here and there along with feeding the gimme gimme attitude of sections of the populace

lol how many people are taking Nigel Henry polls seriously?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 03, 2015, 10:38:04 AM »

PNM candidates on platform seem to be more about what they are going to do when they get into office as opposed to the UNC candidates who are talking about how great they claim is Kamla  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0voYZbN2UNY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0voYZbN2UNY</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 03, 2015, 10:44:10 AM »
saw more polls today dat says the gov't will win a next term.....ting is I feel it so close because PNM has had such a poor record of dealing with d "little things" that people are willing to neglect the big picture, because the PP has been able to in some way blind people to big issues by handling little tings here and there along with feeding the gimme gimme attitude of sections of the populace

whether u take in seriously or not, dis is trinidad....people real like to defer responsibility...it have nuff man goh watch a poll and decide dey wasting dey time
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 03, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »

whether u take in seriously or not, dis is trinidad....people real like to defer responsibility...it have nuff man goh watch a poll and decide dey wasting dey time

Come election day you will see people voting in big numbers. Few days before election a poll in Trinidad Express will not deter many who are READY to vote

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »

Come election day you will see people voting in big numbers. Few days before election a poll in Trinidad Express will not deter many who are READY to vote

doh know dread.....on d one hand yuh hearin staunch unc people goh vote PNM.......but den yuh seein real buzz around d UNC....could jus be man takin d "freeness" for spite like in bago.......but let not forget....trinis can be a sight more gullible especially when money and tingz passin
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 03, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8e4JxTMVeMM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8e4JxTMVeMM</a>

WATCH Rowley and Granny from 25:30' :rotfl: :rotfl:  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:07:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
Damn! Shamfa came out blazing!

https://www.facebook.com/roger.roberts.rr/videos/10153480231311357/?fref=nf

Very good delivery! She had the crowd mesmerized. She actually put some of the more seasoned speakers to shame.

Many people wouldn't believe she was the youngest senator in Parliament.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 03, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »

Lefty because of Express' paywall I take mih hard earned $3.00 and buy the papers to read what Nigel Henry had to say.  One time I start to steups as I began to read.  De man run a poll of undecideds and came up with this group of people choosing none of the above.  OF COURSE!!!  That's why they are undecided!!  I cyar believe the Express pay ah man to tell we what we already know.....steups!!!  Anyway that was only part 1......stay tuned.  But this time I feel I will wait for some one else to pay for it and tell mih so I eh goh waste mih $3.00....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 03, 2015, 09:54:16 PM »
Oh and lefty, the Guardian is running a poll by a guy named Bertrand.  Up to approx 2 months ago I had never heard of him.  He polled the marginals back then.  I can't remember the results off hand but I think he chose Tunapuna and St. Joseph for the PNM.....

Here is the result for their poll of Toco/Sande Grande which they are calling for the PNM......they didn't indicate when they did the poll but I'm assuming it was within the last 2 weeks or so......

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-03/latest-louis-bertrand-poll-marginals-tocogrande-goes-pnm

The Guardian is publishing results of the marginals over the next few days till Sunday......I'll keep an eye on those.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »
Only just noticed this in the comment section of the Guardian Story.  Don't know where the data is coming from but its interesting.....

This poll is calling 21 seats for the PNM, with San Juan/Barataria, Pointe-a-Pierre and Mayaro too close to call.....Tobago is not included.  If I add that to the Trinidad seats that's 23 for the PNM (yeah Tobago gone red  ;D)

That Pointe-a-Pierre result is very interesting.  That seat is usually a very, very safe seat for the UNC.....but I eh know who did the poll so I'm a tad cautious........

East - West Corridor Seats
http://media.fyre.co/yNsVskJzTX2TEu04LPbY_electoral%20map%20T&T.jpg

Central and South seats
http://media.fyre.co/xdu7znLsTTuxpWOM7SZ7_electoral%20map%20T&T.jpg

Oh and there is no data for Chaguanas East......anything Jack involved in is drama..... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 03, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »
Shamfa's full speech....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RNiemrW2Osw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RNiemrW2Osw</a>

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Only just noticed this in the comment section of the Guardian Story.  Don't know where the data is coming from but its interesting.....

This poll is calling 21 seats for the PNM, with San Juan/Barataria, Pointe-a-Pierre and Mayaro too close to call.....Tobago is not included.  If I add that to the Trinidad seats that's 23 for the PNM (yeah Tobago gone red  ;D)

That Pointe-a-Pierre result is very interesting.  That seat is usually a very, very safe seat for the UNC.....but I eh know who did the poll so I'm a tad cautious........

I would not call it a safe UNC seat. Didn't the PNM won that seat in 2007?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 04, 2015, 05:43:49 AM »

Because the COP split the votes in 2007.....for the PNM to win, there would have to be big, big swing towards to PNM......

See this table.....sorry about the formatting.....

Results for Pointe-a-Pierre            
      UNC     PNM           COP       UNC & COP votes combined
2000     11,124      6,847        
2001     10,425      6,635       
2002     10,768      7,792       
2007     6,189      7,505     3,664     9,853
2010     10,922      6,956       

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 04, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »

Because the COP split the votes in 2007.....for the PNM to win, there would have to be big, big swing towards to PNM......

See this table.....sorry about the formatting.....

Results for Pointe-a-Pierre            
      UNC     PNM           COP       UNC & COP votes combined
2000     11,124      6,847        
2001     10,425      6,635       
2002     10,768      7,792       
2007     6,189      7,505     3,664     9,853
2010     10,922      6,956       

And thats the thing about the past two elections...they were both anomalies. What I end up doing is looking at the 2007 figures and giving them more credence summing up the effects of the split. I think this is a better guess due to the fact that you can quantify the effect of the "swing" needed for a seat to go one way or the other. And well...if this election brings out the electorate to vote out a government like it did in 2010, (as it seems likely to) you can assign the minimum each party would get and know where the battles are most interesting.

And even that not so cut and dry. Point Fortin get REAL houses for HDC given out....and I dont think that was just by chance. I need to check the margins to see...but.....it dicey.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 04, 2015, 08:16:48 AM »
I know the COP split the votes in some seats in 2007 but for me a safe seat is one that is guaranteed even with a third party contesting. So if a third party can come into a constituency and cause you to lose then your seat is not really safe. There are seats the PNM and UNC would always win even if a third or fourth party come into contention and you can rest assured that is a safe seat
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:28:06 AM by Sando prince »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 04, 2015, 08:19:53 AM »
Oh and lefty, the Guardian is running a poll by a guy named Bertrand.  Up to approx 2 months ago I had never heard of him.  He polled the marginals back then.  I can't remember the results off hand but I think he chose Tunapuna and St. Joseph for the PNM.....

Here is the result for their poll of Toco/Sande Grande which they are calling for the PNM......they didn't indicate when they did the poll but I'm assuming it was within the last 2 weeks or so......

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-03/latest-louis-bertrand-poll-marginals-tocogrande-goes-pnm

The Guardian is publishing results of the marginals over the next few days till Sunday......I'll keep an eye on those.....

ok cool but it seem to have real people drinkin d Koolaid especially when "food sharing" , it have real URP and Cepep done antsy bout d prospect of having to do real work or loosing dey work with a rowley PNM..........
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 04, 2015, 09:23:01 AM »
I know the COP split the votes in some seats in 2007 but for me a safe seat is one that is guaranteed even with a third party contesting. So if a third party can come into a constituency and cause you to lose then your seat is not really safe. There are seats the PNM and UNC would always win even if a third or fourth party come into contention and you can rest assured that is a safe seat

Ok.  I gotcha.  I guess that's why it could swing because there is an element in the seat that can be persuaded by the PNM to vote them rather than the UNC.  From what I heard, choosing Neil Mohammed was a master stroke by the PNM because the candidate's family is well known and grounded in the community......

aaahhh boy.....just 2 days and some hours now........
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »

ok cool but it seem to have real people drinkin d Koolaid especially when "food sharing" , it have real URP and Cepep done antsy bout d prospect of having to do real work or loosing dey work with a rowley PNM..........

Lefty, I have that concern too.  The targeting of the people who are on the lowest levels of society in terms of income who depend on URP and CEPEP.  Mind you, this happened under the PNM too eh. 

I'm hoping for a Tobago effect.  Take therir money and vote them out.

And I'm also hoping there are more right thinking citizens out there to counteract that.......and no Timothy Hamel-Smith doh count as "right thinking".  He is an example of our professional class failing us.  Damn arse!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 04, 2015, 09:50:30 AM »

Lefty, I have that concern too.  The targeting of the people who are on the lowest levels of society in terms of income who depend on URP and CEPEP.  Mind you, this happened under the PNM too eh.

well aware of this, my mom worked Cepep....it used to irk mih when dey had to go on dese "rallies", luckily she wanted better than cepep for she self save she money and open ah lil takeout place and leave cepep behind

I'm hoping for a Tobago effect.  Take therir money and vote them out.

me too

And I'm also hoping there are more right thinking citizens out there to counteract that.......and no Timothy Hamel-Smith doh count as "right thinking".  He is an example of our professional class failing us.  Damn arse!!

Lol at Timmy he still eatin he food on d down low...........and as I suggested, many people dat right thinkin get box drains and paved roads....so to dem is a real dilemma.....PNM record of rural neglect is no myth...exaggerated but no myth...dey need to buck up on dat, if dey win................ but den I does vote in Fyzo and Sharma ent to ah flyin f**k for the years he dey except for he frien fam and outside women

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 04, 2015, 02:58:11 PM »
The insertion of Dr. Rowley into the Toco/Grande race, via the Range Rover comments, does NOT augur well for Minister Sancho.

What make and model does BS drive?

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 05, 2015, 06:16:21 AM »

well aware of this, my mom worked Cepep....it used to irk mih when dey had to go on dese "rallies", luckily she wanted better than cepep for she self save she money and open ah lil takeout place and leave cepep behind

Anyone work or know of anyone  URP of CEPEP.

Are you able to share more on this? I always wanted to know or understand if the threat of loosing contracts or work was real, if you did not comply.  Did this also happened prior to 5 years ago?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:18:46 AM by TdotTrini »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 05, 2015, 08:48:19 AM »

Anyone work or know of anyone  URP of CEPEP.

Are you able to share more on this? I always wanted to know or understand if the threat of loosing contracts or work was real, if you did not comply.  Did this also happened prior to 5 years ago?

my mom work under PNM and yes manning used to pull d same shit when he was under pressure
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:50:17 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:05 AM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 05, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 05, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »

PNM Grand Rally will be streaming LIVE today on youtube. Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dELwQBpvA4

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 05, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:44 PM »
And since the PNM rally already posted...you could look at the PP own here.

http://www.kamla2015.tt/livestream

1]; } ?>