Poll

Where is your vote going?

PNM
UNC Partnership
NNV
Not sure
Not voting - all jokers
Not voting - dont care

Author Topic: T&T General Elections Thread  (Read 168583 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T 2015 General Elections Thread
« Reply #750 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:56 PM »
What lessons have the PNM learned in Opposition?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #751 on: September 06, 2015, 03:32:09 AM »
Shamfa Cudjoe

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RNiemrW2Osw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RNiemrW2Osw</a>
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 06, 2015, 06:42:16 AM »
Hopefully........do shit and we will move your ass
I pity the fool....

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 06, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »

I'm more inclined to believe they learned more from being resoundingly beaten in 2010 than they did from being in opposition per se.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 06, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »

Let's see if this lesson holds true for the PP as well.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:53:09 AM by Michael-j »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 06, 2015, 07:08:37 AM »

True eh very true.....plenty people still drinking d koolaid, for selfish reasons
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 06, 2015, 07:49:12 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/MEv5Nqo02k8&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/MEv5Nqo02k8&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:46 AM »

PM Kamla offers bag of election goodies

...tells supporters how you vote tomorrow will decide your future
Shaliza Hassanali

Published:
Saturday, September 5, 2015

Supporters at PNM’s rally at Eddie Hart Grounds, Tacarigua, yesterday. PHOTO: MICHEAL BRUCE
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday offered a bag of pre-election goodies to citizens if they gave her People's Partnership Government another five-year term in office.

Some of the promises Persad-Bissessar said would include the removal of VAT from utility bills for 170,000 senior citizens, creation of 1,000 jobs, and zero tolerance towards crime, which she said would be included in the 2015/2016 People’s Partnership budget presentation for citizens if re-elected.

The removal of VAT, Persad-Bissessar said, would save each pensioner an average of $900 per year on their utility bills.

“We will take a zero tolerance approach to crime by requiring each police station to meet specific crime reduction targets,” Persad-Bissessar said. She said $100 million would also assist in clearing the backlog of cases in our justice system.

“We will ensure that judges can make sure that criminals pay for all crimes, and the public will feel safer and more secure in their own communities.”

Persad-Bissessar said there was much more to be done, but she needed their vote to continue the task at hand for the next five years.

She gave the commitment as she addressed thousands of flag-waving United National Congress supporters last night at the party’s final rally at the Aranguez Savannah.

With one day left before voters go to the polls, Persad-Bissessar urged party faithful to make the right decision when they exercised their franchise.

“How you vote on Monday will decide your future, your progress and that of our nation and children. At a time of volatile oil prices and global uncertainty now is not the time to take the risk of replacing this Government which has delivered. Let us put God forward and move towards victory.”

She described the PNM’s team as uncertain, inexperienced, and a party with no plan.

“Forward ever...Rowley never,” Persad-Bissessar shouted as supporters went into a frenzy.

In the last five years, Persad-Bissessar said, the country had made great strides with its infrastructural development and a strong economy.

Persad-Bissessar said this election was the most inspiring in her political career, having met people from every nook and cranny as they pledged their support for the party. She said their gestures brought “tears to my eyes” and gave her inspiration and hope.

Having struggled as a child in the rural community of Penal, Persad-Bissessar said she obtained a sound education which elevated her out of poverty and made her the strong woman she is today.

In 2010, Persad-Bissessar said, she brought the People’s National Movement to its knees mired as it was in corruption, crime, murders, kidnappings and discrimination.

Persad-Bissessar said before she became PM, she “took abuse, was sidelined and many sought to bring her down,” but her life-long motto to put God in front and walk behind helped her.

“I say here this evening that I will never leave you, not in the worst of times—I will stay with you in service until the day when there are no more days, until I cross the River Jordan, until the end.”

Read More; http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-06/pm-kamla-offers-bag-election-goodies

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 06, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »

I'm more inclined to believe they learned more from being resoundingly beaten in 2010 than they did from being in opposition per se.

Fundamentally, that is a problem.

The loss occurred as the product of years of disattenuated leadership. The loss itself was fleeting. The legacy of the loss should not be fleeting.

As with the years of preceding poor delivery, the years in Opposition have been multiple. If the PNM's exercise in Opposition has merely been a process of biding one's time during the unfolding poor delivery of the other, absent substantive internal reconstitution, then, should the PNM prevail tomorrow, no right-minded voter should find the victory fertile.

Unfortunately, during this campaign, the PNM has had the luxury of avoiding accountable introspection, reflection and contrition. What's the promise to the populace? A replanted balisier or a fresh sturdy sprout?

To drive change, people have to drive home the message that years of alternating nonsense does not change outcomes; it merely changes faces and personalities.

Keith Christopher Rowley should spend much time absorbing the underlying message. I encourage him to identify flotsam and jetsam. Everyone has tired of sinking ships.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 06, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »
What are the meaningful structural safeguards against fraud during this election?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 06, 2015, 09:00:16 AM »

True eh very true.....plenty people still drinking d koolaid, for selfish reasons

Money, money, money?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 06, 2015, 09:36:59 AM »

Video Report; https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153557583150610/

September 7th is less than two days away and already the Caricom Observers monitoring the Electoral process say they have been informed about allegations of overspending and bias media coverage.

The Caribbean delegation is here to observe the country's parliamentary elections to provide a fair and unbiased assessment of the event.
Meanwhile, CNMG says it has been and remains available to all political organizations.

CEO, Ken Ali, says CNMG's news products remain fair and balanced, with coverage of political activities by all election contenders.Equally, he says, guests from all political organisations have been invited to participate in our talk shows, but Opposition parties have, on several occasions, declined participation.He also points out CNMG has been the only arm of the electronic news media to carry live coverage from Balisier House of the local government and internal PNM elections.

He says live broadcast of political meetings is based on commercial placements at industry rates.
Unlike certain other media companies, Mr. Ali adds, CNMG did not increase its rates for political advertising. Approaches, he said, were made to the opposition parties, which declined to place election messages on the CNMG network.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 06, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »

Money, money, money?
Exactly, house dey eh get yet, all kinda ting.
I pity the fool....

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 06, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
Predictions for Monday's General Elections.

I copied the following predictions from a Guardian newspaper blogger and struggled to change any of his/her predictions.

See current constituency map: http://www.ttparliament.org/members.php?mid=27

1 Arima - Anthony Garcia - PNM

2 Arouca/Maloney - Camille Robinson-Regis - PNM

3 Barataria/San Juan - Hafeez Ali - PNM

4 Caroni Central - Bhoe Tewarie - UNC

5 Caroni East - Tim Gopeesingh - UNC

6 Chaguanas East - Fazal Karim - UNC

7 Chaguanas West - Abbegail Nandalal - PNM

8 Couva North - Ramona Ramdial - UNC

9 Couva South - Rudranath Indarsingh - UNC

10 Cumuto/Manzanilla - Bharath (Barry) Lochan - PNM

11 D'Abadie/O'Meara - Brigadier Ancil W Antoine - PNM

12 Diego Martin Central - Darryl Smith - PNM

13 Diego Martin North/East - Colm Imbert - PNM

14 Diego Martin West - Dr. the Hon. Keith Rowley - PNM

15 Fyzabad - Ms. Marsha Bailey PNM

16 La Brea - Nicole Olivierre - PNM

17 La Horquetta/Talparo - Maxie Cuffie - PNM

18 Laventille East/Morvant - Adrian Leonce - PNM

19 Laventille West - Fitzgerald Hinds - PNM

20 Lopinot/Bon Air West - Cherrie-Ann Crichlow-Cockburn - PNM

21 Mayaro - Clarence Rambharat - PNM

22 Naparima - Rodney Charles - UNC

23 Oropouche East - Roodal Moonilal - UNC

24 Oropouche West - Vidia Guyadeen Gopeesingh - UNC

25 Point Fortin - Major General Edmund Dillon - PNM

26 Point-a-Pierre - Neil Mohammed - PNM

27 POS North/St. Anns West - Stuart Young - PNM

28 POS South - Marlene McDonald - PNM

29 Princess Town North - Barry Padarath - UNC

30 Moruga/Tableland - Clifton De Coteau - UNC

31 San Fernando East - Randell Mitchell - PNM

32 San Fernando West - Faris Al-Rawi - PNM

33 Siparia - Kamla Persad-Bissessar - UNC

34 St. Anns East - Dr. Nyan Gadsby/Dolly - PNM

35 St. Augustine - Alisha S. Romano - PNM

36  St. Joseph - Terrence Deyalsingh - PNM

37 Tabaquite - Suruj Rambachan - UNC

38 Tobago East - Ayanna Webster-Roy -PNM

39 Tobago West - Shamfa Cudjoe - PNM

40 Toco/Sangre Grande - Glenda Jennings-Smith - PNM

41 Tunapuna - Esmond I Forde - PNM

PNM………………………………………………29 seats

UNC………………………………..……………..12 seats
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:17:38 AM by TdotTrini »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:29 AM »
^^ Hard to believe the UNC will win only 12 seats. I want the PNM candidates to win in Fyzo and St Augustine but it will very difficult for them to win those seats. I hope I am proven wrong.

My prediction is PNM winning the election with 23-25 seats.

At the end of the day people have to come out and vote because votes win elections!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:20:43 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:28 PM »

PNM favoured to win

...leads in five marginals

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-09-06/pnm-favoured-win

Sunday, September 6, 2015

The last poll conducted by H.H.B & Associates in the five critical marginal seats shows the Opposition People’s National Movement (PNM) as the party favoured to win tomorrow’s general election.

Louis Bertrand and H.H.B & Associates polled 120 people from the marginal seats of Toco/Sangre Grande, St Joseph, Tunapuna, San Fernando West and Lopinot/Bon Air West. In each one, the PNM took the lead over the ruling United National Congress/People’s Partnership.

This latest poll found that the PNM was considered “best” in looking after the interests of the people, having the best policies, and possessing the best team of leaders capable of dealing with the challenges currently facing the country in all four constituencies.

PNM leader Dr Keith Rowley has overtaken Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar as being the “best prime minister” in the marginals polled.

The findings also show that a strong number of voters who selected the UNC/PP in 2010 have now crossed over to the PNM.

In Toco/Sangre Grande, as many as 19 per cent of the people who voted for the PP back in 2010 have now confirmed that they will be voting for the PNM in tomorrow’s election, as compared to four per cent of PNM voters who have now crossed over to the UNC/PP.

In St Joseph, as in Toco/Sangre Grande, the electorate found that the PNM had the “best” team of leaders, best policies, and the best position to look after the interests of the people.

In St Joseph, it was found that 24 per cent of voters who picked the UNC/PP in 2010 now prefer the PNM.

The PNM managed to retain some 82 per cent of its 2010 voters, compared to the PP which retained 61 per cent of its voters.

In Tunapuna, some 51 per cent found that Rowley would make a better prime minister, compared to 35 per cent who back Persad-Bissessar to return to the post.

In San Fernando West, 27 per cent of the voters who backed the UNC/PP have now crossed over to the PNM, while 17 per cent are undecided. The retention rate for the PP is now 56 per cent.

In Lopinot/Bon Air West, some eight per cent of the people polled supported the ILP, while the majority backed the PNM. Thirteen per cent of the UNC/PP voters are now favouring the PNM to take the win, with the ILP holding some 13 per cent of the voters in the Lopinot/Bon Air West constituency. In this area, the UNC/PP retained 58 per cent of its 2010 voters while the PNM retained some 92 per cent of those who voted for them in 2010. No one polled indicated that they moved from supporting the PNM to the UNC/PP.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 06, 2015, 12:44:43 PM »
A question can we trust any of the parties with a constitutional majority, I personally would want to see what a party does without one first.
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 06, 2015, 02:58:05 PM »
That list is wishful thinking.

For example I eh seeing any way PNM winning Chaguanas West.

Not that I would mind if it happens...just knowing the politics...I dont.

I did up a kind of ratch in work but forgot it there.

I think and hoping PNM get 24. I especially hoping they get St Joseph, Mayaro, San Juan,Sando West, St Augustine, and Chaguanas East. It would be nice for Fyzabad too...but again....the politics.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 06, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
allyuh really believe in them polls? steuups

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 06, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
Now that the campaigning is done I can clearly see who should win this election. I have to say that I was troubled by the approach taken by one of the parties. Despite their great resources they choose to run a negative campaign which I fear has left the Country even more divided that it ever was before. Because this party ran on fear tactics to gain support I believe that the new PM (Yes I believe there will be a new PM) will have a very hard time convincing the disenchanted supporters of the out going party that they are still a part of a greater whole. T&T we need to stand behind which ever party wins for the betterment of our Nation.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 06, 2015, 06:22:28 PM »
^^ Hard to believe the UNC will win only 12 seats. I want the PNM candidates to win in Fyzo and St Augustine but it will very difficult for them to win those seats. I hope I am proven wrong.

My prediction is PNM winning the election with 23-25 seats.

At the end of the day people have to come out and vote because votes win elections!

I can't see PNM winning more than 23 - 25 seats but you never know.  I don't think anyone predicted the 33-3 cutarse in 1986.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 06, 2015, 08:33:04 PM »
So allyuh think PM Panday will be voting for tomorrow?   :D

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150906/news/basdeo-panday-unsure-to-cast-vote

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 06, 2015, 08:55:25 PM »
Predictions for Monday's General Elections.

I copied the following predictions from a Guardian newspaper blogger and struggled to change any of his/her predictions.

See current constituency map: http://www.ttparliament.org/members.php?mid=27

1 Arima - Anthony Garcia - PNM

2 Arouca/Maloney - Camille Robinson-Regis - PNM

3 Barataria/San Juan - Hafeez Ali - PNM

4 Caroni Central - Bhoe Tewarie - UNC

5 Caroni East - Tim Gopeesingh - UNC

6 Chaguanas East - Fazal Karim - UNC

7 Chaguanas West - Abbegail Nandalal - PNM

8 Couva North - Ramona Ramdial - UNC

9 Couva South - Rudranath Indarsingh - UNC

10 Cumuto/Manzanilla - Bharath (Barry) Lochan - PNM

11 D'Abadie/O'Meara - Brigadier Ancil W Antoine - PNM

12 Diego Martin Central - Darryl Smith - PNM

13 Diego Martin North/East - Colm Imbert - PNM

14 Diego Martin West - Dr. the Hon. Keith Rowley - PNM

15 Fyzabad - Ms. Marsha Bailey PNM

16 La Brea - Nicole Olivierre - PNM

17 La Horquetta/Talparo - Maxie Cuffie - PNM

18 Laventille East/Morvant - Adrian Leonce - PNM

19 Laventille West - Fitzgerald Hinds - PNM

20 Lopinot/Bon Air West - Cherrie-Ann Crichlow-Cockburn - PNM

21 Mayaro - Clarence Rambharat - PNM

22 Naparima - Rodney Charles - UNC

23 Oropouche East - Roodal Moonilal - UNC

24 Oropouche West - Vidia Guyadeen Gopeesingh - UNC

25 Point Fortin - Major General Edmund Dillon - PNM

26 Point-a-Pierre - Neil Mohammed - PNM

27 POS North/St. Anns West - Stuart Young - PNM

28 POS South - Marlene McDonald - PNM

29 Princess Town North - Barry Padarath - UNC

30 Moruga/Tableland - Clifton De Coteau - UNC

31 San Fernando East - Randell Mitchell - PNM

32 San Fernando West - Faris Al-Rawi - PNM

33 Siparia - Kamla Persad-Bissessar - UNC

34 St. Anns East - Dr. Nyan Gadsby/Dolly - PNM

35 St. Augustine - Alisha S. Romano - PNM

36  St. Joseph - Terrence Deyalsingh - PNM

37 Tabaquite - Suruj Rambachan - UNC

38 Tobago East - Ayanna Webster-Roy -PNM

39 Tobago West - Shamfa Cudjoe - PNM

40 Toco/Sangre Grande - Glenda Jennings-Smith - PNM

41 Tunapuna - Esmond I Forde - PNM

PNM………………………………………………29 seats

UNC………………………………..……………..12 seats

ILP will win Chaguanas East, Toco/Sangre Grande and Lopinot/Bon Air West.

And PNM will win Naparima.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:57:03 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 07, 2015, 05:40:44 AM »
I don't see the ilp winning lopinot... But who knows. Done vote
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 07, 2015, 07:30:04 AM »
What is the rule here? Index finger on the right hand, or any finger on the right hand. I'm seeing every voter with ink on the right index finger except for one, he have it on his right middle finger.

I can't see properly, maybe he index finger cut off.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:32:22 AM by TdotTrini »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 07, 2015, 09:22:51 AM »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 07, 2015, 12:03:52 PM »
this is illegal

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 07, 2015, 12:56:23 PM »
CCN TV6 ‏@tv6tnt

Dr Bhoe Tewarie says he knows nothing about text messages being sent seeking support

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:34 PM »

CCN TV6 ‏@tv6tnt

Dr Bhoe Tewarie says he knows nothing about text messages being sent seeking support

Well that's that then, case closed.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 07, 2015, 01:21:40 PM »

CCN TV6 ‏@tv6tnt

Well that's that then, case closed.

The cheating and the lies don't stop even on election day.

Lets hope the T&T population has enough sense to do the right thing and be rid of them.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>