April 19, 2024, 03:47:15 AM

Author Topic: T&T invited to Canada Invitational in August  (Read 977 times)

AirMan

T&T invited to Canada Invitational in August
« on: May 18, 2010, 09:28:11 AM »

Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/nart?id=161665142&weba=NWSSports

T&T invited to Canada Invitational in August
Mark Pouchet
Monday, May 17th 2010

Coming out of their Airtel Champions League T20 performance in India last year, Trinidad and Tobago have been invited to participate in the Invitational T20 Tournament being organised by Cricket Canada in Canada from August 6-9.

The invitation stems from talks held between former TTCB CEO and T&T chef-de-mission for the Champions League Forbes Persaud, who was approached by Krimson Media Services Pvt Ltd’s Deepak Sebastian at the India tournament last October about this country’s possibility of participation in the Canada competition.

Besides Trinidad and Tobago, who finished runners-up to Australian state side New South Wales at the inaugural Champions League, the Canada tournament will include top Indian Premier League team Mumbai Indians, Cape Cobras of South Africa, as well as the Canadian national team.

The gesture had been made to the T&T team since their calendar is free in the month of August.

The Canadian competition will include a round-robin format from August 6-8 before the top two teams contest the final on the following day.

The invitation says the hosting expenses, to be taken care of by Cricket Canda, will include return airfare, hotel accommodation, local transport in Canada, as well as a per diem of CAN$70 per day for players and officials.

A complement of 20 (16 players and 4 officials) will be allowed per team.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T invited to Canada Invitational in August
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:55 AM »
How can I get a hold of sponsorship for this tournament?  Anyone know the appropriate contact details for Cricket Canada?  I wouldn't mind the company I work for to sponsor this.  I went on the website to no avail.

Is it going to be in Toronto?
whey boy!

AirMan

Re: T&T invited to Canada Invitational in August
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »
How can I get a hold of sponsorship for this tournament?  Anyone know the appropriate contact details for Cricket Canada?  I wouldn't mind the company I work for to sponsor this.  I went on the website to no avail.

Is it going to be in Toronto?

I would hope their website had the info yuh looking for.. :-\

1]; } ?>