March 28, 2024, 03:10:58 AM

Author Topic: One on One with Shahdon Winchester  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One on One with Shahdon Winchester
« on: May 19, 2010, 04:49:27 AM »
One on One with Shahdon Winchester
TTFF Media

He's the youngest member in the Men's Senior Team at the moment and has been tipped as a rising star. Already a regular in the W Connection Senior team, making his Concacaf Champions' League debut last season, 18-year-old Shahdon Winchester tells us a little more about his ambitions, his strengths and how he intends to become an even better player.

1. You've sat on the bench for the T&T Senior Team in recent matches and been around the squad for around six months now.  What has the experience been like?
The experience for me was a remarkable one being the youngest player on the team and every day, every session is a learning experience.

2. Are you excited about playing your first match at the senior international level?
Yes, for sure I’m very excited because I've always wanted to play at the highest level. This is something I’m really looking forward to and I hope to be ready when that day comes.

3. You were part of the past Under 17 team which failed to progress out of the tournament in Mexico last year. What you thought about the showing there and what do you think went wrong?
Well firstly I must say I didn’t give it my best and for the rest of the team we didn’t give it our all after the amount of work we put in day in day out leading up to the tournament. What I can say is that those teams were more prepared than us. What we have to do is take it as a learning experience and not as a failure.

4. Do you see yourself contributing to the next Under 20 World Cup effort?
Yes I see myself contributing to the next Under 20 World Cup effort because I plan to work and give it my best shot.

5. Tell us about your time in Portugal, what did you gain in terms of experience during your stint there? And is there any chance of you going back out? any more interest from clubs out there?
Well my time in Portugal was a great learning experience. I gained a whole lot by seeing first hand how professionals abroad operate in terms of how they take their work(football) and leisure(away from the football). I also got to witness their attitude towards training, especially young players and coaches and their other teammates. Yes there is a chance of me going back out there and with regards to any more interest from clubs out there I haven’t heard anything

6. Who is your football idol, both foreign and local?
Didier Drogba and my local idol doesn’t play again… Russell Latapy

7. What's it been like working under Russell Latapy?
Working under him has been great for me because the style of football he wants to play is the same way my club plays and it’s the same way I like to play the game.

8. How is the current Pro League season shaping up for you? Do you think Do you think you can you help W Connection attain further dominance on the local stage?
It’s shaping up quite okay for me. It’s been a slow start for me but I have confidence that it will be a success for me and yes I definitely believe I can help W Connection attain more dominance and win some trophies this season.

9. Are you satisfied with your work rate now? Or you think there is room for improvement?
At this point my work rate is just enough but there is also room for improvement. There is never no room for that.

10. What League would you like to play in some day?
My ambition is to play in the English Premier League. The EPL is definitely where I’d like to be.

11. And finally what do you consider your strengths on the playing pitch? And your weakness.
I consider is my jumping ability and my speed to be among my assets and of course the confidence I have with the ball at my feet. My weakness is standing up when the ball is far from me and not being able to anticipate earlier instead of having to react. I’m working on getting that right at the moment.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: One on One with Shahdon Winchester
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:36:35 AM »
They didn't give their all? I doh understand that comment...
How you could be at a World Cup Qualifying and not find a way to give your all?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:43:54 AM »
wouldnt be suprised if he's another lester peltier but i hope he isnt. He even thinks he's 2 good to show up for U23 training. Jerrel Britto to me is a better young player. I'd like to see him get a chance 2 impress

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »

i was wondering the same thing...and why?   

also when he pointed out his weakness...that could be the same weakness half of trinidad players have ::)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
Anton Corneal tell them to don't use they Ipods.   :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »
wouldnt be suprised if he's another lester peltier but i hope he isnt. He even thinks he's 2 good to show up for U23 training. Jerrel Britto to me is a better young player. I'd like to see him get a chance 2 impress

why Lester peltier had an attitude problem?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:48:19 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »

Only in Trinidad.  His answer to questions 3 and 9 indicate very most Trini footballers attitudes are these days.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:39 AM »

You are right, he sound like a fool here. No wonder them youth ballers in T&T cant go forward in life, poor attitude.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:40 AM »
i find He plays kind ah casual/laid back  base on what i have seen
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 07:02:28 AM »
i find He plays kind ah casual/laid back  base on what i have seen

Well, he much less causal/laid back than Balotelli, Berbatov, Nani or Romario

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 07:34:24 AM »
to his credit he first say that he didn't do his best.....THEN he said, "and for the rest of the team we didn't give it our all."....plain and simple other men on de team play shit too...it could happen ah guess.
by de way ent dis is de team dat cacahole anton coach?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
Yeah, is this one who have the cacahole coach.

I figure after the tournament is Anton convince them that is their fault and they didn't try hard enough, thus the impressionable youths come back with that mindset that "they didn't give their all".

I mean, it couldn't be the coach lack of acumen or motivational skills or tactical ability...it had to be youths who didn't give their all on this, the biggest occasion of their lives that they sacrifice years for to reach.

They all DECIDE to pop down at that point and "didn't give their all".

I doh need a psychology degree to figure that one out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »
National striker Shahdon Winchester joins Mexican club, Murciélagos FC. Shahdon will link up with his former W-Connection teammate Jomal Williams as well as international teammate Yohance Marshall.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 07:54:59 PM »
Wow, 3 trinis at this club now, best of luck fellas
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »
WATCH: Shahdon Winchester scores his second goal of the season in Murciélagos FC’s 3-1 win over Atlante.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fd1F87ulFhk?start=37" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fd1F87ulFhk?start=37</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »
WATCH: Forward Shahdon Winchester leads off the scoring in Murciélagos FC’s 3-2 win over Cafetaleros de Tapachula. Midfielder Jomal Williams also played a part in two of the goals.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iCtJdiE_GMA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iCtJdiE_GMA</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »
WATCH: Shahdon Winchester comes on as a substitute and scores the game-winning goal in Murciélagos FC’s 1-0 win over Correcaminos UAT

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qrllX2vLIew?start=30" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qrllX2vLIew?start=30</a>

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 01:27:24 PM »
Good going Shahdon
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
WATCH: Shahdon Winchester scores in  Murciélagos FC’s 3-2 loss to Tampico Madero FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sihWy_Jirqc?start=386" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sihWy_Jirqc?start=386</a>

1]; } ?>