April 27, 2024, 01:59:33 PM

Author Topic: Young Jamerson says Dad Kerry inspired him.  (Read 4492 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Young Jamerson says Dad Kerry inspired him.
« on: May 20, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
Young Jamerson says Dad Kerry inspired him.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Ma Pau midfielder Devon Jamerson made his senior international debut for Trinidad and Tobago,coming on in the second half of  the recent 2-0 loss to Chile in Iquique. And now he’s hoping to cement a regular spot in Russell Latapy’s team.

At age 21, Jamerson is also hoping to emulate the kind of career his father, ex-Strike Squad player Kerry Jamerson had which saw him ending  his career as a player with the Defence Force before going on to coach at the same club.

“Yes he (Kerry) has been a help to me. He spoke to me before we went to Chile and told me to be calm and just be myself out there on the pitch if the chance came for me.

I know he was a player for the national team even though I didn’t get to see him much of him playing for the country but I would like to go on to become that kind of player and maybe even go on to greater things,” Jamerson said.

Looking back at his debut, he added that he knew it would be challenging.

“Well I know being a national player is not an easy thing. There will be challenges and I expected that game to be hard because Chile is a good team and they qualified for the World Cup but we did pretty okay and we can only get better from here.

I’m looking forward to being part of the team in the future and hopefully I can progress to becoming a better player as well with the experience I am gaining now as a member of the national side.”

"The head coach also spoke to me, letting me know what to expect and gave me advice on how to go about things.

I wasn't too nervous but obviously for your first game you must have some nerves but I came through okay in the end and now I'm looking forward to keeping my spot in the team," he added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Young Jamerson says Dad Kerry inspired him.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
Kerry Jamerson was great. Simply a great class act. Will never forget him and his laser precision distance shots.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
Kerry Jamerson was great. Simply a great class act. Will never forget him and his laser precision distance shots.

Co-signnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:53:10 AM »
I straining meh brain...what highschool Kerry play for again.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 03:15:10 AM »
Jamerson play for Arima I believe and he score one of the best bullets I ever seen in the stadium vs Guatemala I believe..... one of my biggest disappointments is that I don't have a record of that goal  :-[ just pure leather after latas turn and lay it back for him .... aint see nothing in TT since.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 04:15:35 AM »
I must really be getting old. I remember an ex Arima player who made his debut in 1994, we beat Dominica 5-0 and he scored a hat trick. Thought it was Kerry but must be somebody else.

VB

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 04:37:46 AM »
I must really be getting old. I remember an ex Arima player who made his debut in 1994, we beat Dominica 5-0 and he scored a hat trick. Thought it was Kerry but must be somebody else.

VB

That was Dexter Cyrus, and it was a beaver-trick. Me eh know what school he went to.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 10:45:57 AM »
Tallest you have a link of that kerry jamerson goal  he score in the stadium?
For a man to score that thunderbolt in a pressure situation like that was unbelievable.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
Jamerson play for Arima I believe and he score one of the best bullets I ever seen in the stadium vs Guatemala I believe..... one of my biggest disappointments is that I don't have a record of that goal  :-[ just pure leather after latas turn and lay it back for him .... aint see nothing in TT since.

That must mean that you miss the one that Yorke lay on for Latas to buss d net against Mexico under Porterfield when we beat them 1-0 in the stadium.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 02:11:12 PM »
Spidey I see that one but that aint nothing compared to that "lion" jamerson release that day vs el salvador in the stadium ask anyone on here who remember that game is one of the "most brutal bullets" I ever see.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »

Yeah, Kerry Jamerson went Arima.  He was on the same team with a fella named Timothy Haynes who was their big striker. 

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »
Spidey I see that one but that aint nothing compared to that "lion" jamerson release that day vs el salvador in the stadium ask anyone on here who remember that game is one of the "most brutal bullets" I ever see.
I looked everywhere ,it was vs Guatemala right . Final score 2-1 TnT ,Philert Jones scoring the first.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:48:08 PM by Quags »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 01:53:05 AM »
allyuh forgeting Kerry did it vz Guat away also...same lay off from Latas...2 .. kerry gold

my opinion...Devon eh want nothing...no disrespect..ah watching him since jabloteh.. i just dont get it...unless he is a late bloomer...but lots to learn
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »

Yeah, Kerry Jamerson went Arima.  He was on the same team with a fella named Timothy Haynes who was their big striker. 

Dem was SSFL days dat Arima team just could not deal wit Latas posse from Sando Tech
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:49 AM »
allyuh forgeting Kerry did it vz Guat away also...same lay off from Latas...2 .. kerry gold

my opinion...Devon eh want nothing...no disrespect..ah watching him since jabloteh.. i just dont get it...unless he is a late bloomer...but lots to learn

Forget? no sah... that was somewhat of a set play between latas and jamers. think he scored a third but it was disallowed.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »

Dem was SSFL days dat Arima team just could not deal wit Latas posse from Sando Tech

Who even today could deal with that bomb squad?

Russell Latapy
Leonson Lewis
Marvin Faustin
Ross Russell

Let me see who remembers that team.  Who else was on it?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 08:24:23 AM »

Russell Latapy
Leonson Lewis
Marvin Faustin
Ross Russell

I wasn't in TT then but I believe Clint Marcelle was on the side.

I remember a Princess Town player saying that when Marcell come off dey happy but then L. Lewis come on and he was faster than Marcelle :-)

VB

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 08:27:10 AM »

Russell Latapy
Leonson Lewis
Marvin Faustin
Ross Russell

I remember a Princess Town player saying that when Marcell come off dey happy but then L. Lewis come on and he was faster than Marcelle :-)

VB

Nah Marcelle played wit Mucurapo.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »
I looked everywhere ,it was vs Guatemala right . Final score 2-1 TnT ,Philert Jones scoring the first.
Yuh correct quag  Philbert did score the first but i cyah find that link no where. But I know jamerson scored vs guatemala in guatemala from the same lay off just like big mag say but i think this game was vs el salvador in the stadium ... when that bullet hit the back of the net the stadium rise up like men start to lose dey mind... pandemonium .... boy the energy dey was like a living breathing thing yes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Yuh correct quag  Philbert did score the first but i cyah find that link no where. But I know jamerson scored vs guatemala in guatemala from the same lay off just like big mag say but i think this game was vs el salvador in the stadium ... when that bullet hit the back of the net the stadium rise up like men start to lose dey mind... pandemonium .... boy the energy dey was like a living breathing thing yes

Kerry score v Guatemala in Guatemala and HCS.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 04:50:34 AM »

Russell Latapy
Leonson Lewis
Marvin Faustin
Ross Russell

VB

Yes and Lewis played for Naps.

I am talking about post highschool when Sando Tech just start to recruit like crazy.
The whole side was called up to train with the national youth team.

VB

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 05:01:09 AM »

Russell Latapy
Leonson Lewis
Marvin Faustin
Ross Russell

VB

Yes and Lewis played for Naps.

I am talking about post highschool when Sando Tech just start to recruit like crazy.
The whole side was called up to train with the national youth team.

VB

Cyah remember Marcelle on dat team

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »
The only place I think you might see it is the Strike squad music videos with the game clips .Only place I could think about .I wish I had video taped all the months leading up to November 19th ,89 .

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »
Marcelle wasnt on that sando tech team .... I remember latas , leonson faustin, sean walkes, ainsley weeks off the top of meh head ... but i know marcelle wasnt on that team.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:57 AM »
Marcelle never play with Sando Tech VB.  Man call all the names i recall
'Yellow man' from San Juan play in the middle too, name might have been Sean Constantine
I thought the Keeper last name was Ali because i don't remember Ross Russell on that team
Add latas, faustin, lewis

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »
.I wish I had video taped all the months leading up to November 19th ,89 .

I have all the games on video still...doh know how they showing, but they still there.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 12:33:12 PM »
Spidey we need to make some kind of arrangement I'd love to get a copy of those games I still have my vhs player lol

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »
Anybody here could transfer them from VHS to DVD?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 01:27:06 PM »
Anybody here could transfer them from VHS to DVD?

Dreamer also have all the games and music videos etc... bout 6 years ago he was supposed to digitally convert them but them plans fall through..

I ent know if he still interested. I think E-man have some knowledge on the conversion process.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 01:41:28 PM »
All you got to do is change the video card ,get a video capture card ,then hook up the rca cables from theVCR to the capture card input which cost bout 40 bucks, and hook up the audio to your   mircophone input .record then burn or upload .its easy .
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:45:08 PM by Quags »

1]; } ?>