April 28, 2024, 07:42:53 PM

Author Topic: Elections Results thread  (Read 29653 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Elections Results thread
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44:11 PM »
Did Jack just offer everyone in Reinzi have free drinks until 6 am???  :rotfl:
dis man know how to fool people yes!

Bakes, that seem unilateral to you? :devil: Maybe we should invite YoursTruly to comment on the lack of a writing.

@ Trinione, he eh chupid.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2010, 10:48:23 PM »
You see. That is where you got it wrong. You don't allow nobody to do nothing for you. You make them present viable options or you show them the door. Manning was just the precedent.
I hope T&T never forgets it.

Nice story book fable... except the elected party did nothing by way of offering viable options on the campaign trail.  MEP is absolutely correct, people voted their dislike of Manning... and who could blame them?  But leh we not fool weself with justification after the fact talk like this election was ever about the issues.

I wasn't talking about their promises. I was talking about Manning's lack of a viable direction towards governance as evidence by the track record we all know...

"The making them offer viable options bit" starts tomorrow...and continues every day to the end of their term (natural or not).

Thats my personal conception of democracy, but what do i know...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:06 PM »
Did Jack just offer everyone in Reinzi have free drinks until 6 am???  :rotfl:
dis man know how to fool people yes!

Bakes, that seem unilateral to you? :devil: Maybe we should invite YoursTruly to comment on the lack of a writing.

@ Trinione, he eh chupid.

LOL... or whether it could be performed in less than a year.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »
You see. That is where you got it wrong. You don't allow nobody to do nothing for you. You make them present viable options or you show them the door. Manning was just the precedent.
I hope T&T never forgets it.

Nice story book fable... except the elected party did nothing by way of offering viable options on the campaign trail.  MEP is absolutely correct, people voted their dislike of Manning... and who could blame them?  But leh we not fool weself with justification after the fact talk like this election was ever about the issues.

I understand what you're saying, and I agree. However, I do think that when a PM makes character and personality an issue then ... the door is open. Also, at issue was governmental intransigence (encapsulated in the persona of the PM) ... Somewhere else today Deeks referred to 'cult of personality' but I submit he used that term loosely ... for all his shortcomings, Mr. Manning did not consolidate a cult of personality ... indeed, this result confirms as much.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:50 PM »
That aside, despite all the celebrating going on this is hardly a mandate given to the Coalition than it is a rejection of Manning.  In looking at the numbers you had only 10% of registered voters turning out at times...

Out of curiosity, no confrontation scene...where exactly did this happen?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
I wasn't talking about their promises. I was talking about Manning's lack of a viable direction towards governance as evidence by the track record we all know...

"The making them offer viable options bit" starts tomorrow...and continues every day to the end of their term (natural or not).

In short yuh validating MEP position.. it was change for change sake, he didn't "get it wrong".  If you vote in a government and then saying, okay now we put allyuh in charge now allyuh could start telling we what allyuh intend to do fuh we then it was never about issues, but getting rid of the incumbent leadership.

aka... change fuh change sake.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
On Kamla ... my cup runneth over

She had to make a cup reference? hilarious ... after all the drinking allegations regarding her ability to deliver a speech absent a refined or brewed beverage ... lol

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »

In short yuh validating MEP position.. it was change for change sake, he didn't "get it wrong".  If you vote in a government and then saying, okay now we put allyuh in charge now allyuh could start telling we what allyuh intend to do fuh we then it was never about issues, but getting rid of the incumbent leadership.

aka... change fuh change sake.
Well you'll just have to poll the majority of registered voters who voted for them to find out. I can't speak for them.
I however, believe thats known as alternance in some schools of poltical thought.

Out of curiosity, did you actually read their manifesto?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »
I understand what you're saying, and I agree. However, I do think that when a PM makes character and personality an issue then ... the door is open. Also, at issue was governmental intransigence (encapsulated in the persona of the PM) ... Somewhere else today Deeks referred to 'cult of personality' but I submit he used that term loosely ... for all his shortcomings, Mr. Manning did not consolidate a cult of personality ... indeed, this result confirms as much.

I not complaining that they voted their dislike of Manning, even if he didn't open the door that is always fair game and a potent tool for the challenger/s, dislike of the incumbent.  But I can't brook "PNM ent offer we viable options" talk when the other party also failed to do the same.  I am not saddened that the PNM lost, I more concerned for the country because we've elected a group of individuals who haven't offered anything by way of ideas, and who by the nature of a couple key personalities involved have shown that they would do anything to pursue their own selfish agendas.  So on balance the election was decided on emotion (anger/hope) rather than substance... and the only real substance the opposition has to offer is itself to date unpalatable.  Everybody partying right now but is when the tab come later yuh go hear de real shout... that is my fear.

Out of curiosity, no confrontation scene...where exactly did this happen?

Doh worry I not taking anything as confrontation... just to illustrate:

Toco/whatever... 26k registered voters <10k voted

Moruga/Tableland 25k registered voters just >2100 voted

Examine other constituencies and you'll find 40-50% turn out as well.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »

No did you?  Did any of the voters out there?  People doh vote and politicians not beholden to manifesto.. that is largely for the edification of de party faithful.

What did they have to say on the campaign trail?  Not something buried in some phone book document... statements you can tie to an actual speaker.  Yuh acting like ah novice with that manifesto talk man.

EDIT:  My household was staunch PNM back in de day and I remember well when we get ah copy ah de manifesto, ah nice white something with ah black and white picture of George on it with de red Balisier.  No sooner it land in de house that it went under de right side ah de fridge tuh help keep de ice water inside level.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:11:32 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2010, 11:11:45 PM »
Seriously, she was supposed to be the party leader but the jackarse manning felt threatened

Manning outsmart he facking self and take de party down with him... not just with Penelope, but with what he do with Rowley.  I hope de party machinery eh bounce dey head and elect him in charge after this.  They need to look to people like Beckles and Rowley to salvage what's left of the PNM.  Is time fuh legacy politics to die in TnT.
Only problem with Rowley is that his abrasiveness alienates people and from what I've been told a lot of party insiders wanted her at the helm. definitely have to have a leadership change soon.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »
Time to stop the long talking now Kamla ... a speech of this nature should not runneth over (West Coast? ;))

Seriously though, the campaign has ended ... the other personnel can run that kind a racket but once she has taken the stage she should cut to the chase ... both she and Jack run/ran the risk of a faux paux
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:18:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »

No did you?  Did any of the voters out there?  People doh vote and politicians not beholden to manifesto.. that is largely for the edification of de party faithful.

What did they have to say on the campaign trail?  Not something buried in some phone book document... statements you can tie to an actual speaker.  Yuh acting like ah novice with that manifesto talk man.

EDIT:  My household was staunch PNM back in de day and I remember well when we get ah copy ah de manifesto, ah nice white something with ah black and white picture of George on it with de red Balisier.  No sooner it land in de house that it went under de right side ah de fridge tuh help keep de ice water inside level.

I actually did. I read the PNM's as well. I made a point of it. And if no one else does, thats their problem.

I may be a novice, but I know no one will remember who said what in the frenzy of the hustings.

I can go plaster up your manifesto promise under your window if necessary.

You seem to have the wrong idea about all of this. I don't believe in waiting for a Saviour; thats not my goal
But i do believe in calling people to be accountable when you put them in positions of responsibilty.

Call me naive, please.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »
I actually did. I read the PNM's as well. I made a point of it. And if no one else does, thats their problem.

I may be a novice, but I know no one will remember who said what in the frenzy of the hustings.

You seem to have the wrong idea about all of this. I don't believe in waiting for a Saviour; thats not my goal
But i do believe in calling people to be accountable when you put them in positions of responsibilty.

Call me naive, please.

As to the first bolded item...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

As to the second... I was never talking about you, but rather the electorate at-large.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »

I not complaining that they voted their dislike of Manning, even if he didn't open the door that is always fair game and a potent tool for the challenger/s, dislike of the incumbent.  But I can't brook "PNM ent offer we viable options" talk when the other party also failed to do the same.  I am not saddened that the PNM lost, I more concerned for the country because we've elected a group of individuals who haven't offered anything by way of ideas, and who by the nature of a couple key personalities involved have shown that they would do anything to pursue their own selfish agendas.  So on balance the election was decided on emotion (anger/hope) rather than substance...

And this is what concerns me the most that people cannot see through the political opportunism. Now if Panday's daughter were the head of the UNC then I could see things differently because she is as intelligent as she is articulate (ok and she cute too) but having read stuff she has written she is a person of ideas and the fact that she has been isolated within the party her father founded speaks volumes about the treachery within the UNC.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »
Leh we be serious, if intelligence and articulation were criteria for political office subject to the scrutiny of a discerning electorate then ...our leaders would be committed intellectuals not sophists.

Caribbean electorates are sophisticated in being grounded in their actuality, not in entertaining the consequence of long-term horizons.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:45:12 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »

Call me naive, please.

As to the first bolded item...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
As to the second... I was never talking about you, but rather the electorate at-large.
Honestly not sure why you find it/what you find so funny. I was paying attention and i can't remember 80% of what was said past last weekend...

Democracy remains the worst form of government, except for all the others. I'll live in hope.
Good night to all.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »
Leh we be serious, if intelligence and articulation were a criteria for political office subject to the scrutiny of a discerning electorate then ...our leaders would be committed intellectuals not sophists.

Caribbean electorates are sophisticated in being grounded in their actuality, not in entertaining the consequence of long-term horizons.

Precisely why people pay attention to de picong and gun talk on the campaign trail rather than scour manifesto for ideas.

Midknight I juss laughing because yuh playing like yuh doh know de audience we politicians playing to.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2010, 11:50:40 PM »
I just remembered that my boss predicted at the very start of this whole thing that Kamla would win at least 25 seats.....he also stated further said that she would win all the marginals......

I going and ask him for the lotto numbers in the morning..... :devil: ;D

u boss is the prophetess a what?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AirMan

« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2010, 01:12:03 AM »
Guys its now official UNC Coalition has won the Arima seat..http://www.ctntworld.com/imap/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:15:03 AM by AirMan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »
One ting i glad fur! no minister boynes, no minister hunt! so leh we see what iz jack's excuse now for the football failur!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010, 06:33:06 AM »
Let me just point out that the people's partnership did not win this election... the UNC did as it has won 21 seats and has the majority on its own. A collation is not formed until after the results, not before. Given that UNC has won 21 there is really no collation government officially.

Incidentally...i hear one of the panelists on TV6 say that same thing. Meaning to say...despite any comess...dey still in.

However worrying to me is the constitutional majority...with the kind of characters that there.

Manning yes.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2010, 07:22:34 AM »
Guys its now official UNC Coalition has won the Arima seat..http://www.ctntworld.com/imap/

amazing never thought i would see the day. hmm, Arima vote UNC wow wow wow
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2010, 07:33:09 AM »
Leh we be serious, if intelligence and articulation were a criteria for political office subject to the scrutiny of a discerning electorate then ...our leaders would be committed intellectuals not sophists.

"sophisticated" indeed. yuh talk about "sophistry" then produce an example praising man for having low expectations.

yuh get the government yuh deserve.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 25, 2010, 07:46:52 AM »
So on balance the election was decided on emotion (anger/hope) rather than substance...

But Bakes, experienced man like you should know that this is usually the case in most elections. Was the US presidential election really any different? I would argue that most voters don't pay attention to issues, so in the end it's really decided by emotion and momentum.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2010, 08:03:52 AM »
Jack Warner promise he barber that when he get "in" he will make sure that the barber become a millionaire. heard that from ah fren in five rivers who does be in the barber shop that JW does get he hair cut  :-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

AirMan

« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2010, 08:26:53 AM »
But seriously a man had a 26-15 majority in parliament, then called a snap elections and lose 29-11. :rotfl:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2010, 08:42:43 AM »
But seriously a man had a 26-15 majority in parliament, then called a snap elections and lose 29-11. :rotfl:

Yuh feel he seerer woman still employed this morning...?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »

LOL  :D, is actually 30 - 10 now i hear , later it should be clearer
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:51:56 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2010, 08:49:31 AM »

De man give Daft Trini and them what they want. Milk and Honey flowing in T&T this morning Uncle Pato ride out.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>