March 29, 2024, 06:41:30 AM

Author Topic: Elections Results thread  (Read 29318 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Elections Results thread
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »
leh we see how long it go take this set to get corrupt and thievish like all their predecessors since 1962.
But they corrupted even before they win.

Hey anyone heard that Volney driver get lock up with fake ballots?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2010, 10:00:36 PM »
Let me just point out that the people's partnership did not win this election... the UNC did as it has won 21 seats and has the majority on its own. A collation is not formed until after the results, not before. Given that UNC has won 21 there is really no collation government officially.

your political science is weak

elaborate please

21 seats is ah slim majority d coalition would give a constitutional majority not so ??? some enlighten mih

I did not say they would not come together for a constitutional majority, I just said that officially the UNC has won the election, not the partnership.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2010, 10:02:57 PM »
allya tink that Ms Cleo lorse she work dis rongs :devil:

hear nuh
Ms Cleo was telling Manning that "if ya have election on May 24 th"
and before she finish he call de damn election oui
is tonight he call she to finish
and she tell him
"well what I was goin to tell ya was
that if ya have election on May 24 th ya go LORSE REAL BAD" :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
A.B.Trini

damn yellow on the map look  like it really 'curry flavoured' Ah wonder if this mean that ah go find more roti shops rather than  all dem fast food fry chicken places now.

I eh sure people really know what  they doing.....but this is democracy in action!!!!! Not one ah dem damn  opposition  candidates impress me as having any flipping ideas of how to tackle and solve the issues plaguing society but one could say that the PNM did not  do much to alleviate the mess either.

Yuh would think all dem years in Canada would have changed yuh ah little but I doe know is years you fighting this ignorance boy... Ah little humility never hurt anyone.... Anyway breds each to his/her own...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuh ever stop to consider that TNT society have been undergoing a massive influence of USA propagandizing that with tongue in cheek, it is very apparent that if you observe the transformation in our local lifestyle, it is not as easy to see people clamoring for what is  ours but there is a proliferation of American fast foods franchises that dominate the local landscape. Maybe this will change now with this government. Nevertheless  people who are myopic in reading and analyzing content are quick to jump at what they perceive to be one level of interpretation, rather than seeing  meaning at a deeper level.

But I doh really care how one  responds to  text without considering  a deeper sub text.

boy haul yuh ass nah...yuh too f**kinh lie..yuh know what yuh emant..doh back back now

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
leh we see how long it go take this set to get corrupt and thievish like all their predecessors since 1962.

YESSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2010, 10:07:16 PM »

YESSSSS

And over the weekend his campaign truck roll down some hill in St. Joseph and hit a SUV and cause minor injuries to 2 women.  The brakes on the truck fail....that man real blight...now he is we new AG.....wow.... *sigh*  ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 10:07:43 PM »
A.B.Trini

damn yellow on the map look  like it really 'curry flavoured' Ah wonder if this mean that ah go find more roti shops rather than  all dem fast food fry chicken places now.

I eh sure people really know what  they doing.....but this is democracy in action!!!!! Not one ah dem damn  opposition  candidates impress me as having any flipping ideas of how to tackle and solve the issues plaguing society but one could say that the PNM did not  do much to alleviate the mess either.

Yuh would think all dem years in Canada would have changed yuh ah little but I doe know is years you fighting this ignorance boy... Ah little humility never hurt anyone.... Anyway breds each to his/her own...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuh ever stop to consider that TNT society have been undergoing a massive influence of USA propagandizing that with tongue in cheek, it is very apparent that if you observe the transformation in our local lifestyle, it is not as easy to see people clamoring for what is  ours but there is a proliferation of American fast foods franchises that dominate the local landscape. Maybe this will change now with this government. Nevertheless  people who are myopic in reading and analyzing content are quick to jump at what they perceive to be one level of interpretation, rather than seeing  meaning at a deeper level.

But I doh really care how one  responds to  text without considering  a deeper sub text.

boy haul yuh ass nah...yuh too f**kinh lie..yuh know what yuh emant..doh back back now
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One word for you   IGNORAMUS...... but say what yuh  want ah pissing contest  go ahead...... me eh have tuh explain tuh yuh. Yuh know  my intent right........... go ahead and piss that yellow too...hahhahahhaha

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
Manning look for dis cutarse...my biggest concern is Jack Warner in power, we are now going to be well f**ked...he will thief de whole country now.

well he cah complain he have to money for football, i hope he use it well  :-\

Allyuh men real schupid boy... football??  Allyuh feel Jack ever give a f**k about ah football??  Football as just a vehicle for he tuh line he pocket and now that allyuh hand him a government office it have real money to make now.  Football??

steups

truetrini

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »
A.B.Trini

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One word for you   IGNORAMUS...... but say what yuh  want ah pissing contest  go ahead...... me eh have tuh explain tuh yuh. Yuh know  my intent right........... go ahead and piss that yellow too...hahhahahhaha

yes ah know what yuh intent was because the context fella,,haul yuh ass, yuh get ketch..take it nah

You make de f**kING IGNORANT statement, not once, yuh have ah pattern ah dese veiled racist comments...free yhself yuh is what yuh is.

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
Manning look for dis cutarse...my biggest concern is Jack Warner in power, we are now going to be well f**ked...he will thief de whole country now.

well he cah complain he have to money for football, i hope he use it well  :-\

Allyuh men real schupid boy... football??  Allyuh feel Jack ever give a f**k about ah football??  Football as just a vehicle for he tuh line he pocket and now that allyuh hand him a government office it have real money to make now.  Football??

steups

lets see....
Jack Warner construction company
Jack Warner quarry services
Jack Warner auditing services
Jack Warner accounting services
Jack Warner security services
Jack Warner taxi services
Jack Warner paper stapling services...

are just a few of the companies Jack will be starting up to rake in the government "contracts" probably in one of his sons names so he can say "it was not me!" when he get catch.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
Let me just point out that the people's partnership did not win this election... the UNC did as it has won 21 seats and has the majority on its own. A collation is not formed until after the results, not before. Given that UNC has won 21 there is really no collation government officially.

elaborate please

you started off by saying that a coalition is not formed until after elections. There is such a thing as a pre electoral coalition. Like the NAR. Like the PP. You just witnessed it.

Now whether it remains one is left to be seen... but Brutus is an honourable gentleman
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:49 PM »

elaborate please

you started off by saying that a coalition is not formed until after elections. There is such a thing as a pre electoral coalition. Like the NAR. Like the PP. You just witnessed it.

Now whether it remains one is left to be seen... but Brutus is an honourable gentleman
"Et tu, Jacke?" :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »

elaborate please

Unlike the NAR there was no party called PP, there was UNC, COP and TOP in different areas.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2010, 10:21:10 PM »
History books are usually written after the facts..no we can start the first chapter in the book, Trinidad and Tobago: The decline of leadership and path to a banana republic.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »
Now, I expected a harder fight...ah mean to say....PNM battling to save Arima right now!!!   :o :o....PNM till I dead Arima!!!....I eh going in mih bed until the last box counted......

I living Arima my whole life , here is PNM country, right now i surprise ah mean how is that possible  ???  :o

Penelope Beckles...

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »
History books are usually written after the facts..no we can start the first chapter in the book, Trinidad and Tobago: The decline of leadership and path to a banana republic.

Well I ent no fan of either party but that kinna harsh boy.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »
Now, I expected a harder fight...ah mean to say....PNM battling to save Arima right now!!!   :o :o....PNM till I dead Arima!!!....I eh going in mih bed until the last box counted......

I living Arima my whole life , here is PNM country, right now i surprise ah mean how is that possible  ???  :o

Penelope Beckles...

Seriously, she was supposed to be the party leader but the jackarse manning felt threatened

AirMan

« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2010, 10:25:47 PM »

Manning started that chapter long time..one reason why he got voted out..did tobago get their hospital yet after years of promises ?..what about Point fortin ??..time to move forward

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »

Well I ent no fan of either party but that kinna harsh boy.
Harsh???? Jack Warner is an open book. We all know why he is there.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »

elaborate please

Unlike the NAR there was no party called PP, there was UNC, COP and TOP in different areas.

Call it what you will but they have a signed accord.
Stranger things have happened, but i prefer to live in hope than die in desperation. I hope they will stick to it.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
Did Jack just offer everyone in Reinzi have free drinks until 6 am???  :rotfl:
dis man know how to fool people yes!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2010, 10:30:38 PM »

Manning started that chapter long time..one reason why he got voted out..did tobago get their hospital yet after years of promise ?..what about Point fortin ??..time to move forward
yuh see that is where allyuh lose focus. Manning was a problem but allyuh allow yuh dislike for manning to taint everything but you don't seek change for change sake...you allow people who can present viable options and can show you how to facilitate that change to guide you..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »

Manning started that chapter long time..one reason why he got voted out..did tobago get their hospital yet after years of promise ?..what about Point fortin ??..time to move forward
yuh see that is where allyuh lose focus. Manning was a problem but allyuh allow yuh dislike for manning to taint everything but you don't seek change for change sake...you allow people who can present viable options and can show you how to facilitate that change to guide you..
You see. That is where you got it wrong. You don't allow nobody to do nothing for you. You make them present viable options or you show them the door. Manning was just the precedent.
I hope T&T never forgets it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »
No boss is WE have to do the watching......I for one goh be watching like a hawk....

No offense... but watching and doing what, posting here?  Is the media allyuh need to have watching them.

That aside, despite all the celebrating going on this is hardly a mandate given to the Coalition than it is a rejection of Manning.  In looking at the numbers you had only 10% of registered voters turning out at times... a lot of people stayed away from the polls.  We've seen this before.  Last November when the Republicans took the Governor seats in NJ, MA and VA Republicans start jumping up and down about how the country rejecting Obama.  Truth is all de Democrat voters stayed home and only those disaffected voters turned out.  My guess is that this is what going on here.  

But a win is a win is a win.

AirMan

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2010, 10:37:28 PM »
Call it what you will but they have a signed accord.
Stranger things have happened, but i prefer to live in hope than die in desperation. I hope they will stick to it.
[/quote]

Basically..that sums it up

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2010, 10:38:14 PM »

Look the way our system of government is set up both PM and party is one. You can't get get rid of one with getting rid of the other.  Nobody could have challenge Patrick. Ah bunch ah yes men and women in the party. So to get rid of Patrick the entire party had to go.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
Jack waxing warm @ Rienzi ... interesting touch to note that today is Bas' birthday (May 25, 1933) ... political acumen is ah hell of a ting. Ent!

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »
Jack waxing warm @ Rienzi ... interesting touch to note that today is Bas' birthday (May 25, 1933) ... political acumen is ah hell of a ting. Ent!

Jack = Scamp

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
Seriously, she was supposed to be the party leader but the jackarse manning felt threatened

Manning outsmart he facking self and take de party down with him... not just with Penelope, but with what he do with Rowley.  I hope de party machinery eh bounce dey head and elect him in charge after this.  They need to look to people like Beckles and Rowley to salvage what's left of the PNM.  Is time fuh legacy politics to die in TnT.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »
You see. That is where you got it wrong. You don't allow nobody to do nothing for you. You make them present viable options or you show them the door. Manning was just the precedent.
I hope T&T never forgets it.

Nice story book fable... except the elected party did nothing by way of offering viable options on the campaign trail.  MEP is absolutely correct, people voted their dislike of Manning... and who could blame them?  But leh we not fool weself with justification after the fact talk like this election was ever about the issues.

1]; } ?>