April 25, 2024, 03:20:41 PM

Author Topic: Kamla did it  (Read 5348 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Kamla did it
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
my congratulations to the FIRST FEMALE Prime Minister for TnT
Well done Kamla :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kamla did it
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
Maybe she can answer how she intends to deal with crime.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

Yuh eh easy ... why does it matter at this point? If it wasn't distilled during the election why bother now?

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 10:58:31 PM »
Juliana Pena was de first prime minister... Patrick "projek manager" Manning was she puppet....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »

Yuh eh easy ... why does it matter at this point? If it wasn't distilled during the election why bother now?
ya beating this "jinks" ting tonite eh :devil:

:rotfl: :D

Juliana Pena was de first prime minister... Patrick "projek manager" Manning was she puppet....
oh gaddoh :rotfl:

pena?....pena!
I know that name ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:04:40 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
All the best to a new future a new epoch  and a renewed sense of TnTism; let us not be dictated by foreign policies nor foreign economics but by our local political will.

If we are truly going to be deemed a twin island state, then bring back the one price for traveling to Trinidad and Tobago. Use to be that when one bought a ticket to travel to Trinidad, that could have been used to travel to Tobago as well. Let  it  go back to that so that we are truly a twin island state. Promote the fact we are one state two islands.
I embrace change and look forward to a a restoration of peace goodwill and more indigenous values for the good of TNT. Some very thoughtful, unifying and spirited messages in her speech. I am encouraged by what I am hearing form her tonight. I hearing  words expressed on this forum : Accountability!!!!!!!!!!!! ah think them writers reading and following these threads!!!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:10:54 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
WC, that was an unfortunate coincidence :devil: ...

I AGREE ... CONGRATS KAMLA ... her Rienzi speech has its merits ...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:11:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »
Ras kommander sang a kaiso in the dimanche gras some years ago name : We want a woman Prime Minister. could anybody put they hands on it for our listening pleasure?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:49:37 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 05:17:06 AM »
Congratulations....................:applause: :applause: :cheers:

Nothing wrong with ah woman on top..........

Time to see wha she go do now dat she on top................ :devil:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 06:20:43 AM »
wow!    i in foreign so i couldnt really gauge public opinion...but i do know that many of my friends were unhappy with the crime situation and manning's arrogant attitude.   i am very interested to see how her govt fares in power.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 07:01:13 AM »
f**k no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »
YES she made history, young children go be  reading about her in history books years to come, like how i read about Buzz Butler and d rest in primary school. But History is still to be written, we shall see how it goes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »

Heard that she offered the President the Prime minister's residence when she was on the campaign. (Is this true???)
 A couple days later the walls of the Presidents house  west wing collapsed.  It would be good if he accepts it.

Congrats

AirMan

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 07:51:58 AM »
Did her swearing in took place already ?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 07:58:14 AM »

Heard that she offered the President the Prime minister's residence when she was on the campaign. (Is this true???)
 A couple days later the walls of the Presidents house  west wing collapsed.  It would be good if he accepts it.

Congrats

that's her first lie test

AirMan

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 08:07:54 AM »

Congrats

are you sure it was not Warner who offered the president the palace that Manning built until the president house was fixed ??

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 08:26:06 AM »

Congrats

First the palace was going to be an old people's home.  Then the President's roof fall down and she offered the house to him until the repairs are done.  So whey Kamla goh live until the repairs done??

Lie number 1....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

AirMan

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 08:27:57 AM »

Congrats

First the palace was going to be an old people's home.  Then the President's roof fall down and she offered the house to him until the repairs are done.  So whey Kamla goh live until the repairs done??

Lie number 1....

so Brownsuga did the swearing in of the new PM took place yet ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
Not that I know of Airman....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 09:40:32 AM »
congrats to the 1st female pm and God bless :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:03:01 AM »
All the best to a new future a new epoch  and a renewed sense of TnTism; let us not be dictated by foreign policies nor foreign economics but by our local political will.

If we are truly going to be deemed a twin island state, then bring back the one price for traveling to Trinidad and Tobago. Use to be that when one bought a ticket to travel to Trinidad, that could have been used to travel to Tobago as well. Let  it  go back to that so that we are truly a twin island state. Promote the fact we are one state two islands.
I embrace change and look forward to a a restoration of peace goodwill and more indigenous values for the good of TNT. Some very thoughtful, unifying and spirited messages in her speech. I am encouraged by what I am hearing form her tonight. I hearing  words expressed on this forum : Accountability!!!!!!!!!!!! ah think them writers reading and following these threads!!!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

i find she speech was shitty!  Not one mention of roti shops and fry chicken retail outlets!  Why she did not address the real issues!  Curry and chicken leg!

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:07:19 AM »

i find she speech was shitty!  Not one mention of roti shops and fry chicken retail outlets!  Why she did not address the real issues!  Curry and chicken leg!
:rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 10:13:23 AM »

LOL
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »

Congrats

Agree wid you here and among many others, it's all part of politics. Promises are a comfort to fools
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »

Congrats

Agree wid you here and among many others, it's all part of politics. Promises are a comfort to fools
free laptops for every children!!!!!!!!!!!!

AirMan

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 03:03:30 PM »
Congrats to Kamla..Hopefully T&T can move forward without alot of people bring bitter..

Has there ever been an elected female Prime Minister in the Caribbean before Kamla ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »
Has there ever been an elected female Prime Minister in the Caribbean before Kamla ?

Eugenia Charles was Dominica's Prime Minister from 1980-1995.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

AirMan

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »

Eugenia Charles was Dominica's Prime Minister from 1980-1995.

alright  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 03:40:38 PM »
Portia Simpson was also PM of Jamaica but I don't think she was elected. Janet Jagan was also PM of Guyana (and later President), but she also was not elected.

1]; } ?>