March 28, 2024, 02:40:07 PM

Poll

Will Trinidad football benefit or only Jack?

yes
15 (37.5%)
no
25 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: May 28, 2010, 07:24:49 AM

Author Topic: Jack in power: good for football? (regardless of the rest of the country)  (Read 10751 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Pretty self explanatory. I know we are probably the most learned people in Trinidad regarding Jack's tricks. But at the end of the day, as Trinidad football fans, do we see Jack being able to help Trinidad and Tobago football even further as he is now the one with the government purse strings that he blamed for all that was ill in the past?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:45:56 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Stealing money aside, i think that this could help Trinidad football...........

He now has even more resources to fund certain programmes/initiatives.....

ps: I SAID stealing money aside!!!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i was thinking the same. Regardless that he would be even more richer, the TTFF will have endless restrictions.  No more excuses about ministers not giving money for football. Hope he fixes everything everything before the coalition collapses.  And keep the Trinidad money on Trinidad football. Not a cent should go to Fifa or the CFU.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack not interested in programs and initiatives. He ain't making no money from dat.What he interested in is the national teams. In '06 it was $6m US just for qualifying. Now dem things attract Jack
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:42:03 AM by royal »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yes I think it would be beneficial in terms of government funding of the TTFF as the tap open now.
We shouldn't hear no more excuses bout the TTFF brokes.

on the other hand could you imagine Jack in the papers handing Ollie ah big check for $50 MM for qualification expenses... you done know is really $80 MM the government will be giving and then $40 MM reaching back in Jack pocket... mama!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well firstly he would have to make back the money he spent on the campaign...and then he would see about the football.

I expect more of the same from Jack...more arrogance, more lies, more thiefing.

Let's see if he would still blame the gov't as an excuse for not having money, or if he would direct the necessary funds to the TTFF.

All in all, I can't see the footballers being any worse off than last week...might even be better for them.
As for them warriors who still fighting for they money...crapo smoke dey pipe now.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
The government cannot directly "run" football. I want to see how this going and work. Will JW continuie to be the spokes person for the TTFF/TTFA? Will this be seen as government intervention?

Our football not getting any better anytime soon, we just have to deal with it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The government cannot directly "run" football. I want to see how this going and work. Will JW continuie to be the spokes person for the TTFF/TTFA? Will this be seen as government intervention?

Our football not getting any better anytime soon, we just have to deal with it.

Well he is only a "Special Advisor"  no more no less ::)  so i expect business as usual
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Please yu'll see how football will pick up... he won his seat by the largest margin of any district, % wise... now that he hand in the treasury doh mean he stopping from supplementing his income through football...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Football is the least of Jack worries for the near future. It's all about a new (and possibly inexaustible) revenue stream for him now. Allyuh feel Jack care about football? really?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is the least of Jack worries for the near future. It's all about a new (and possibly inexaustible) revenue stream for him now. Allyuh feel Jack care about football? really?

U could make d Weekend Update on SNL.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

However, to ask whether he really care about we football is unfair....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All the money in the treasury will not suddenly make TTFF competent!! I think the best that we can hope for is that now he has access to enough money to sign a top quality coach along the lines of another Beenhakker. Not that I have any problems with Latapy. He's just not at that level yet.

In reality I believe the only thing that will change is the reason for the lack of performance of the national team. He will shift focus to the coach and the players. And because he can't do anything about the players, he will keep changing coaches. He'll probably use his old standby of giving them a near impossible goal  that they must achieve to keep their jobs (win the Gold Cup, win the Caribbean cup without any of your top players, etc.). However, the constant chopping and changing of the national coaches will keep the national team from progressing. Of course that will fuel his reasons for taking more money from the national treasury to fund football. Much of which will only go to his pocket. Of course under the guise of paying his various family business to provide whatever services he feels are needed by the TTFF and Trinidad football in general. Mind you, none of this money is likely to find it's way to the Pro-league. As a matter of fact don't be surprised if Joe Public becomes one of the founding teams in a new local professional league.

Before you can claim that funding is the reason that your program can't progress you have to a program or at least a proposal for a program. I don't believe TTFF have shown any kind of familiarity with any such animal with regards to the development of local football over the years. So Jack's access to the national treasury is not likely to improve the development of local football.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Brazil 2014 my brothers, here we come.  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The man is a crook.

And that's putting it mildly.

Jack anywhere near, far less for IN a position of power is no good for anybody but Jack himself.

This is yet another dark day for our country.

I congratulate Mrs Persad Bissessar on becoming our nation's first female Prime Minister

But she has amongst her inner circle Lucifer himself, and that cannot be a good thing for her, her party, the alliance, and the country in general.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is JW the most hated man ever in TT?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

You know what they say about the road to hell.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Is JW the most hated man ever in TT?
Empirical evidence points to Patrick Manning.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
The man is a crook.

And that's putting it mildly.

Jack anywhere near, far less for IN a position of power is no good for anybody but Jack himself.

This is yet another dark day for our country.

I congratulate Mrs Persad Bissessar on becoming our nation's first female Prime Minister

But she has amongst her inner circle Lucifer himself, and that cannot be a good thing for her, her party, the alliance, and the country in general.

The man who could not distance himself from a secret $30 million church on state lands up in Guanapo is also a crook. And in a position of power was doing no good for anybody but himself.

My faith in politics gone ah long time ago, all ah dem is crooks.

The man is ah thief, but he is the best administrator this country has known.

Give the man ah chance and lewwe see what he go do.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Arimaman,
                  What make you say TT football would not be as developed without him. As far as stadia, I agree. But honestly, our football is poor. Fan attendance is poor. Our WC performances are under par. Maybe it developed as compared to the CFU, but in CONCACAF where it matters we have been pulling stones for years.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This forum is real tears,i just can't understand allyu.JW is the most hated man on the face of the earth on here,yet still those same peeps talking about how much money Football will get,if it had no money before the election it can't have any after the election.Football did not help him win his seat,it was used as a political tool against him,PNM,Jennings,Socawarriors blacklisted players etc etc Football is not the only sport that needs help financially so how could he favour Football?if you notice with all the hate he got the most votes is the election and it was not because of Football.

I sympathize with our fan base community,some of us like 24hrs our skin start to change already,we have so much opportunities to get rid of the man and all we do is old talk,just look back over the last four years the many battles that were fort with no results,we often interview the guys who did not accept money from the 06 WC but have we ever interviewed those guys who accepted the money and get their side of the storey?

PS...i will say Jack in power is not good for Football.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The man who could not distance himself from a secret $30 million church on state lands up in Guanapo is also a crook. And in a position of power was doing no good for anybody but himself.

My faith in politics gone ah long time ago, all ah dem is crooks.

I totally agree on that.

If dat is what it take to oust one Lucifer...then so be it

Jes recognize it have a nex badda, eviler one right dey on Kamla shoulder

My poor country.  What did we ever do to have 3 blight in de same lifetime as Manning, Panday, and Jackula?

Woe be unto we.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My one hope is that Jack so ambitious and his reach is so much grander than the typical trini that he will use his new position in politics to scam the rest of the world and not the general populace. I hoping that he turn his gaze outward and see all the potential that it have in oil rich countries and the USA and them people and figure out ways to thief their money cause ours is pittance in the grand scheme of things..

That is my hope now...

Especially cause we treasury probably empty anyway...so he cah theif from us no more. Hopefully

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
My one hope is that Jack so ambitious and his reach is so much grander than the typical trini that he will use his new position in politics to scam the rest of the world and not the general populace. I hoping that he turn his gaze outward and see all the potential that it have in oil rich countries and the USA and them people and figure out ways to thief their money cause ours is pittance in the grand scheme of things..

That is my hope now...

Especially cause we treasury probably empty anyway...so he cah theif from us no more. Hopefully

Brazil 2014 here we come, mark my words, same way i said we going germany, same way TT going Brazil in 2014.
football will be a major benefactor from now until hopefully the 2nd term.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It will be interesting to see how long Jack take before he cause a comess with Kamla. Jack is not a good team player, he like to be in charge.

My guess is by June 15th some kind of Baccanal will start.

cannot see how this will benefit football, because if jack start putting money in football they first thing people will say is the Govt corrupt and they will not want to give that perception..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
It will be interesting to see how long Jack take before he cause a comess with Kamla. Jack is not a good team player, he like to be in charge.

cannot see how this will benefit football, because if jack start putting money in football they first thing people will say is the Govt corrupt and they will not want to give that perception..

the coalition is stronger than many think or know and there is alot behind the coalition, so this talk about 2 years or less is garbage, full term the coalition will go.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise

The majority the UNC has means Jack has little to leverage with. He can't gangster the PM because he is just one MP. The PM could throw him out the gov't norms norms.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
When things going bad people does vote for change.

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Global recession see to that result.

The only group that does do shit and keep they work is the TTFF

and that is because when they having elections you does only hear the results after the voting done.

Manning been in charge for so long he could have giving someone else a change to be in charge to being some fresh ideas.
Trinidad need some term limits.

Starting with the TTFF!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack went from a schoool teacher to be VP of FIFA despite having the most infamous stutter in the world
Jack throw out Surj Rambrachan from Chaguanas and install a nobody, easy, easy despite not having the support of his party.
Jack went as a negro into the heartland of UNC and throw out and embarass their leader and founder Basdeo Panday. A black man do that, imagine that ! Not Ramesh and not Dookeran, a black man.
Jack is a big crook and and the whole country know that, in fact the whole world know that yet he still make himself more popular than Gary Hunt and Patrick Manning and win a national election.

After those things, it have nuttin i will ever say Jack can't do when it come to gettign his way so this talk about no leverage is nonsense. I not putting anything as being beyond Jack ever again.

TI...June 15th Jack will be in S. Africa so I feel the trouble will start after the world cup, man....or as soon as they announce the new cabinet.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Jack went from a schoool teacher to be VP of FIFA despite having the most infamous stutter in the world
Jack throw out Surj Rambrachan from Chaguanas and install a nobody, easy, easy despite not having the support of his party.
Jack went as a negro into the heartland of UNC and throw out and embarass their leader and founder Basdeo Panday. A black man do that, imagine that ! Not Ramesh and not Dookeran, a black man.
Jack is a big crook and and the whole country know that, in fact the whole world know that yet he still make himself more popular than Gary Hunt and Patrick Manning and win a national election.

After those things, it have nuttin i will ever say Jack can't do when it come to gettign his way so this talk about no leverage is nonsense. I not putting anything as being beyond Jack ever again.

TI...June 15th Jack will be in S. Africa so I feel the trouble will start after the world cup, man....or as soon as they announce the new cabinet.
The Prime Minister will have the constitution on her side. She obviously has made some concessions already but I don't think he can bully her into doing something she doesn't want to do. I did before but that margin they have favours the Leader. He will be free to make a baccanal and buss scandal but the government will remain.

1]; } ?>