April 24, 2024, 09:57:53 PM

Poll

Will Trinidad football benefit or only Jack?

yes
15 (37.5%)
no
25 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: May 28, 2010, 07:24:49 AM

Author Topic: Jack in power: good for football? (regardless of the rest of the country)  (Read 10857 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Will Trinidad football benefit or only Jack?  (Voting closes: May 28, 2010, 07:24:49 AM)
 yes
 no
 makes no difference (please add this option)

I have not voted because we need a third option (makes no difference) to be added to the voting list!

Please sort that out Spideybuff and I believe that option will go clear!  ;)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:09:24 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Dumplingdinho

It will be interesting to see how long Jack take before he cause a comess with Kamla. Jack is not a good team player, he like to be in charge.

My guess is by June 15th some kind of Baccanal will start.

cannot see how this will benefit football, because if jack start putting money in football they first thing people will say is the Govt corrupt and they will not want to give that perception..

the coalition is stronger than many think or know and there is alot behind the coalition, so this talk about 2 years or less is garbage, full term the coalition will go.

Give some examples of successful coalitions.

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
not to stray from the topic at hand but im seriously tired of seeing you guys referring everything thing about the country to TRINIDAD.. Its Trinidad and Tobago.. Matter Fact the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. If you guys cant come to heart to say that, just use T&T

As for Jack. Only time will tell his tales

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Will Trinidad football benefit or only Jack?  (Voting closes: May 28, 2010, 07:24:49 AM)
 yes
 no
 makes no difference (please add this option)

I have not voted because we need a third option (makes no difference) to be added to the voting list!

Please sort that out Spideybuff and I believe that option will go clear!  ;)

Makes no difference is equal to no.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brazil 2014 my brothers, here we come.  :beermug:

CO-SIGN WE ON LIKE A SOCK AND IN LIKE A LIVER
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The man is a crook.

And that's putting it mildly.

Jack anywhere near, far less for IN a position of power is no good for anybody but Jack himself.

This is yet another dark day for our country.

I congratulate Mrs Persad Bissessar on becoming our nation's first female Prime Minister

But she has amongst her inner circle Lucifer himself, and that cannot be a good thing for her, her party, the alliance, and the country in general.

LUCIFER was b4 d fall she bring in D DEVILLLLLLLLLLLL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is JW the most hated man ever in TT?
Empirical evidence points to Patrick Manning.

CO-SIGNNNNN

AirMan

When things going bad people does vote for change.

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Global recession see to that result.

The only group that does do shit and keep they work is the TTFF

and that is because when they having elections you does only hear the results after the voting done.

Manning been in charge for so long he could have giving someone else a change to be in charge to being some fresh ideas.
Trinidad need some term limits.

Starting with the TTFF!

that coming soon..its part of the UNC coalition manifesto

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Jack went from a schoool teacher to be VP of FIFA despite having the most infamous stutter in the world
Jack throw out Surj Rambrachan from Chaguanas and install a nobody, easy, easy despite not having the support of his party.
Jack went as a negro into the heartland of UNC and throw out and embarass their leader and founder Basdeo Panday. A black man do that, imagine that ! Not Ramesh and not Dookeran, a black man.
Jack is a big crook and and the whole country know that, in fact the whole world know that yet he still make himself more popular than Gary Hunt and Patrick Manning and win a national election.

After those things, it have nuttin i will ever say Jack can't do when it come to gettign his way so this talk about no leverage is nonsense. I not putting anything as being beyond Jack ever again.

TI...June 15th Jack will be in S. Africa so I feel the trouble will start after the world cup, man....or as soon as they announce the new cabinet.

spidey my brother, you will be booking your flight to Rio for 2014, courtesy of Jack Austin Warner, allyuh watch and see the soca warriors destined for Brazil 2014 and as the former PM Mr. Patrick Augustus Manning has stated, at that point in time, " there will be jubilation throughout the land" sah.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:28:13 PM by Controversial »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is the least of Jack worries for the near future. It's all about a new (and possibly inexaustible) revenue stream for him now. Allyuh feel Jack care about football? really?
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

However, to ask whether he really care about we football is unfair....

so then why he blacklist players why have player been so unhappy with him since the 70's ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

and that is because when they having elections you does only hear the results after the voting done.

Manning been in charge for so long he could have giving someone else a change to be in charge to being some fresh ideas.

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

its much more likely to happen with kamla than manning.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

WE WILL C. JUST REMEMBER SHE WAS AROUND WHEN VOTER PADDING 2 REMAIN IN POWER BEGAN

AirMan

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

WE WILL C. JUST REMEMBER SHE WAS AROUND WHEN VOTER PADDING 2 REMAIN IN POWER BEGAN

you mean the voter padding from the 70's with all dem Grenadians and Vincies ??  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

you mean the voter padding from the 70's with all dem Grenadians and Vincies ??  :devil:

Yeah right does set a padding

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The Prime Minister will have the constitution on her side. She obviously has made some concessions already but I don't think he can bully her into doing something she doesn't want to do. I did before but that margin they have favours the Leader. He will be free to make a baccanal and buss scandal but the government will remain.

remember JahGol  the COP, TOP and UNC decided   not to contest seats together  .. so that margin is not safety especially  if the COP break away ...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:48:43 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

The Prime Minister will have the constitution on her side. She obviously has made some concessions already but I don't think he can bully her into doing something she doesn't want to do. I did before but that margin they have favours the Leader. He will be free to make a baccanal and buss scandal but the government will remain.

remember JahGol  the COP, TOP and UNC decided   not to contest seats together  .. so that margin is not safety especially  if the COP break away ...

cop not breaking away bro, thats a fallacy, pure post election garbage, this govt will last the full term

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

NAR back in the days

Obama
England
Now Trinidad

Starting with the TTFF!

WE WILL C

the same voter padding existed under dr williams, when migration from the islands were free flowing, ivar oxaal wrote vividly about this in detail and the birthrates of all ethnic groups. however dr capildeo and dr williams were apart of the bigger scheme of things with the foreign powers dividing and controlling the nation.

dont pretend like you dont know which party it started with.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am a bit baffled by what I am reading,I am 5000 miles away so maybe I dont know the full facts.I am wondering if the UNC/COP and others were not aware of JW as some sort of Lucifer,at least that is what I read.It would be stupid to accept certain people in your Party if you are aware of the character and attitude of that person especially if they could be a problem.I would also like to know if the UNC benifitted from having someone who weilds power world-wide,he is a big man and that is good for the UNC and not the other way round.If JW wanted to join the PNM would would he have been refused,I doubt it.
 I have to say too,that our footballers who went on strike for money that was promised is the reason why our football went the way it did after 2006.Many of the players did not want to take part in the action but was forced to do so,for the good of our football greed should have been put aside for a while.What did those footballers expect JW to do,he would obviously teach them who is boss,you cant always "fight fire with fire",sometimes you must "stoop to conquer".

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

cop not breaking away bro, thats a fallacy, pure post election garbage, this govt will last the full term

hmmm don't hold your breath

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football is the least of Jack worries for the near future. It's all about a new (and possibly inexaustible) revenue stream for him now. Allyuh feel Jack care about football? really?
I am no JW supporter but let's be honest now.  Trinidad football probably would not be as developed without him.  I know I know, he eh the most honest person when it comes to money, however, he has done a lot of good.  Truth be told, the man did mortgage his home in the early 80's to host those CONCACAF tournaments and he did put our football on the map.  What we all don't like about him is his arrogance and his money hungry ways.

so then why he blacklist players why have player been so unhappy with him since the 70's ??
Your point is well take, however, that in itself doesn't mean he doesn't care about our football....

Always remember it is a disagreement within both parties, not everyone was blacklisted.  JW's judgement and words gets the best of him sometimes.  Not to mention, me eh saying the man is not a crook b/c that he is.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

hmmm don't hold your breath

in all honesty i know it will last bro, or else i wouldnt have said a thing. watch the ride

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
I am a bit baffled by what I am reading,I am 5000 miles away so maybe I dont know the full facts.I am wondering if the UNC/COP and others were not aware of JW as some sort of Lucifer,at least that is what I read.It would be stupid to accept certain people in your Party if you are aware of the character and attitude of that person especially if they could be a problem.I would also like to know if the UNC benifitted from having someone who weilds power world-wide,he is a big man and that is good for the UNC and not the other way round.If JW wanted to join the PNM would would he have been refused,I doubt it.
 I have to say too,that our footballers who went on strike for money that was promised is the reason why our football went the way it did after 2006.Many of the players did not want to take part in the action but was forced to do so,for the good of our football greed should have been put aside for a while.What did those footballers expect JW to do,he would obviously teach them who is boss,you cant always "fight fire with fire",sometimes you must "stoop to conquer".

So dem man was jus suppose to say nah it eh no big scene right now ent?!  You songin like de type who if police lock yuh up mistakenly an yuh end up in jail, yuh go offer up some buttom even before ah man board yuh oui!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Unfair?? I cyah believe de shit I does read sometimes nah.  Yuh know yuh's mih boy but ah think somebody slip sumting in yuh orange peel tea dis morning, cuz yuh talk A-grade assness dey.  Anything Jack Warner do fuh TnT football he did it with ah mind towards making money.  And best believe he done recoup he investment.  No I didn't consult de seer woman and me eh no mind reader, but I does pay attention to facts and human behavior and all the facts and all ah de li'l "human" behavior left in jack tells me he only have one love, and that comes in different hues and varying denominations.

I willing tuh concede dat like young Anakin Skywalker there probably once some semblance of good resident inside he cold heart, but de powers of de darkside dun take he over long before he became Jack Vader and start f**kking up allyuh Trinis with he Jedi mind tricks.  He make allyuh so bazodee that allyuh fuhget all de innocent lives he destroy, all de careers he manipulated, frustrated and truncated... and allyuh gorn and hand him de keys to guvahment now.  Now allyuh wondering if TnT football go benefit??

As I tell ah man in ah next thread... football??  Allyuh feel Jack ever give a f**k about ah football??  Football was just a vehicle for he tuh line he pocket and now that allyuh hand him a government office it have real money to make now.  Football??

steups
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:13:27 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The man who could not distance himself from a secret $30 million church on state lands up in Guanapo is also a crook. And in a position of power was doing no good for anybody but himself.

My faith in politics gone ah long time ago, all ah dem is crooks.

The man is ah thief, but he is the best administrator this country has known.

Give the man ah chance and lewwe see what he go do.

I want to know what kinda obeah metrics you consult to come up with that conclusion.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You need to consult ah doctor as soon as possible... something must be wrong with your alimentary canal because it eh have no way one normal human being could talk as much shit as you juss talk.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
The man who could not distance himself from a secret $30 million church on state lands up in Guanapo is also a crook. And in a position of power was doing no good for anybody but himself.

My faith in politics gone ah long time ago, all ah dem is crooks.

The man is ah thief, but he is the best administrator this country has known.

Give the man ah chance and lewwe see what he go do.

I want to know what kinda obeah metrics you consult to come up with that conclusion.

You might not be a fan of Jack the person and you are well aware of his character. But as corrupt as he is there is not one person in power that works harder than Jack does, and there is no one whose accomplishments on the international stage can stand up against Jack's. Those are known facts.

If you can't give credence to what Jack has been able to accomplish for this country then more power to you.

As worried as I am about him in power, I have much more confidence in him accomplishing something in government compared to any of them incompetent administrators we've gotten used to.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nope.  just on this board
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
The government cannot directly "run" football. I want to see how this going and work. Will JW continue to be the spokes person for the TTFF/TTFA? Will this be seen as government intervention?

Our football not getting any better anytime soon, we just have to deal with it.

Well he is only a "Special Advisor"  no more no less ::)  so i expect business as usual
Winning Post right here
Business as usual
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nope.  just on this board

All yuh suffering from amnesia

1]; } ?>